April mama's -It's March 1st!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-08-2004, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everything is status quo here. I've had non-stop contractions since January, but they are getting more intense and uncomfortable, normal twin stuff. I don't have my blessingway until the 27 of March so I'm praying I make it that long. I really want to get the belly cast, the pictures, and the blesssingway done. I'll see my midwife tomorrow, because I think I still have this stubborn UTI that needs to be taken care of before I go into labor. It could be making my contractions worse. I had a dream that said I wouldn't have the babies till the 17 of April which is my due date and that made me happy. Hope it works. Take care everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2004, 02:16 PM

Hang in there!!!!!! My is with you. I've been there, did that
Old 03-08-2004, 02:27 PM

throwing up and diarea with cramping (and crying) all night, I think food poisoning/ overeating?? hadnt eaten since morning, then a greasy thai binge...so miserable. still in bed. makes me afraid I cant make it through labor. I HATE throwing up/ nasea food poisoning feeling. then the diarrea cramps made me think I wouldnt be able to make it through contractions. very weak and discouraged here.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:26 PM

oh, coco, that sounds miserable. i'm sorry you're going through that.

the discomfort won't compare to labor...at least with labor you know what your body is working towards and what a wonderful reward it is! can't really say the same with diarrhea cramps (well, you know what your body is doing, but it's not quite the same reward now is it?!) you'll do great, and this will pass soon...
Old 03-08-2004, 04:58 PM

coco hope you feel better soon.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
Old 03-08-2004, 08:32 PM

Diarrhea cramps are a lot more different than contractions. Contractions have a point :LOL, Diarrhea cramps are just flat out painful. Contractions can be interesting... I'm not quite sure how to describe them, but it's more like something is "hugging" your baby.... Kinda? Help me out here, previous mamas!!! Coco, I'm so sorry you feel crappy... I know how that feels, we went through a bout of that a few weeks ago. Icky yuck.

Hoping everyone else is having a more interesting day than I am!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:48 PM

Hello mamas!
Hope you feel better soon CoCo..! You will be awesome in labor just you wait and see!
Well today was another beautiful day! It is 86 out right now and a nice breeze. Love this weahter wish it would stay this way all year but the nice old 124 degree weather will be coming shortly:
Went to the grocery store today. Thats a full on task that I cant do alone! I have to lean on the darn cart to hold myself up and walk with like a walker lol Such a pretty site to see let me tell you Well I hope all you mamas are well and getting through the next few weeks. I go to the dr tomorrow I will let ya know how that goes! See ya then mamas.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:49 AM

I am sooooooooo jealous of your weather Christymama, until I read the part about the upcoming 124's!!! That would be a wee bit too much for me!! The weather here has been awesome, in the 70's all last week, but alas, this too shall pass- the forecast is for up to 6 inches of snow in the morning. Just when I thought it was spring.
I had an appointment with mw today- she came to our house and did the home visit thing. DD even skipped school so she could be here and ask questions- she and her 5 yo brother are both going to be here with us during it all.
My good news is that I went from 32cm at 35 weeks to 34&1/2cm at 36 weeks-- a good growth for me. i finally feel hungry, yeah like always now.
My bad news is that my painful pubic bone really did get less painful when I took 4 days off from my vigourous exersize routine. i am paying for my workout today, mw is trying to point out the obvious connection to me. I do not want to admit the obvious- I may need to stop exersizing-- well, I can always walk.
My heartburn is completely related to the foods I eat, that is a wonderful thing to learn, I have been able to control it since discovering this fact-- spicy foods and I do not mix these days.
Other than being tired, things are going great, I feel much happier than i did for the first few months of my pregnancy-- things are coming together for us.
hang in there all-many happy thoughts-maria
Old 03-09-2004, 02:11 AM

Well, my Abnormal Psychology teacher said, "Oh, Mama, you're getting big!" I told him I'm having issues with leaving my house... He laughed and said, "Do what you have to do for this baby... Don't worry about me." He's really a good guy. At any rate, I'm tired and I'm going to bed. I think I'm gonna die!!!! Adam has made himself comfortable by putting his feet in my ribs. Figures. Beautiful day here, sunny skies and 75 degrees. No humidity, so I could hang my clothes out to dry. Hunter is attempting to annoy me by rolling a marble across my desk, so I better go before I !

Take care, talk at ya later.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:32 PM

well hey mamas.. My appt went well I gained another 4 pounds in two weeks..: I dont even care anymore lol.. I was checked and he said my cervix is still long and hard or high and hard or whatever that means LOL. I was spotting when i got home .. So i chalked it up to him chekcing me.. Maybe he got something started LOL. that would be nice. He will chech me again next week. We are going to be checking every week because of how far away I am and I have pretty darn fast labors So i hope that it will push it along maybe
Another nice day here. Its 85 here today and the breeze is blowing its all nice out I LOVE IT!
Maria the 124 really sint so bad there is no Humidity so it doesnt feel that hot. LOL.. I use to live in Indiana where the humidity was just awful and would kill ya alone.
well things are good here hope they are all good there!!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:09 PM

Glad your appointment went well Christy. Mine was good with the midwife today. I've gained a total of 33 pounds this pregnancy-compared to the 80 with dd. Considering it's twins-I'm pretty happy! We are guessing they are around 5 pounds each now. I'm measuring 43 weeks and I'm 34 1/2 right now. Everything is great, no swelling, good heartones on both babes, my blood pressure is normal like always. I'm feeling good about these babies staying in as long as they need to. The midwife said that my body isn't taxed physically at all by this pregnancy other than the normal misery of it! Also, I thought I had a UTI, but she said my urine looked good so I'm okay. I can't believe I'll have these babies in a few weeks. It will be amazing. I also have to make up some sort of ID bracelets for them so we can know which one is which when they come out. Isn't that crazy? I have to figure out my own babies and not get them confused. Take care everyone!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:23 PM

mum2lillie i am glad you are doing so well with this twin pregnancy.. I know that it has to be a strange and wonderful feeling knowing there is two in there. I think its just wonderful..
I have gained about 18 or 19 total i think. give or take a pound.: Its not to shabby but still got a few weeks left. Well I better get going I am glad to hear about the great appointments.. My next one is tuesday
Old 03-09-2004, 10:13 PM

Hiya, Christy and mum2lillie...

Just killing time untill it is time to go to my Algebra test. OH SH*T, I forgot I had to buy a scantron. Oh, well, I'll pick one up beforehand. I hope. Connor (my oldest) is currently mad at me because I told him I would no longer be fixing him special meals. So, I guess I'm just lookingh for support....nak
Old 03-10-2004, 12:05 AM

Hi all.

mum2lillie--I heard about painting one's toe nails to keep them straight! Hard to imagine!! You sound like you're doing well....glad to hear it. Can't wait to hear the birth story!

I'm doing allright! But w/our HOT weather all of the sudden, feeling more done. (TMI ahead....)I Have a little hemorrhoid that doesn't bother me too much but today, is so bad....hurts. And I'm starting to swell more....and I don't have any hot weather preg. clothes I want to wear cuz they're all dresses and it's hard to chase two kids around in a dress. Phew!! I feel better now. :LOL I guess I just needed to whine for a second.

My blessingway was this Sat. and it was wonderful. I really appreciated the support. And it *did* make me feel more ready. Can't believe my time is coming up! Really, it could be any time for me.

Well sending blessings out there to all the mamas!
Old 03-10-2004, 02:43 AM

How exciting, Indigo! I know what you mean about your clothes. I just want to run around naked all the time... I just got home from going out to eat with a good friend of mine and I stripped in the kitchen while talking to DH. He was like : "You really are pregnant!!!" I said, "No, sh*t, I thought this was a beach ball all this time!!!!" I told him every inch of my body either itches or hurts. I want sympathy and a backrub.... Not one of my better days!!!!

:LOL

Take good care of yourself. We are all rockin' mamas!!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:04 AM

Indigo-We had a snow storm here a week and a half ago then it was in the 70's now we are having a little winter weather again and it's cold so I'd like to come live where you live. I need to wear dresses because that's the only thing that fits over this belly!!! I'll trade locations with you-k? I've had the dreaded hemmoroid problems for awhile now. They are worse some days than others. Mostly I just try to lay down morw than sit up because sitting really triggers mine. I don't think they will clear up till I get these babes out.

My mom is coming to town this weekend and she wants to find some baby alphabet beads and make itty bitty bracelets for the girls with their names on them. So that will work as identification early on. If they are indeed identical and look just alike, I will have to eventually move into using toenail polish!

Lisa-I would describe myself as itchy and hurting all the time, too!

My blessingway is in 2 1/2 weeks. I put it off so that I wouldn't go into labor before then. It's my best shot at making it till April. I can't wait. I'm having my carpets cleaned beforehand. I'm also going to do my bellycast around that time and maybe have DH take some pics. He's an art director and can do a little digital photography.

You guys have a great day!
Old 03-10-2004, 01:39 PM

Morning mamas.. Another Beautiful day here in Az. It is just now 830 am and its 65 degrees outside. the birds are churping and the sun us shinning! What a lovely day so far. Its suppose to be in the low 80's today like yesterday! Love this weather.. Makes my days seem so much brighter and better. Love it
Woke up this morning with a little bit of " left over" spotting from yesterday! I am hoping that the dr had the magic touch and got things going up there.. Maybe my plug will come shortley woohoo woohooo LOL
well gotta go wake dd#2 have a great day mamas.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:17 PM

Hi everyone not much going on here just have a head cold. My Dh stayed home today so we were looking at houses. it looks like we will be moving to NH instead of MA which I like better anyways it looks like maybe in June we will be moving. Iam going to be so busy with moving and the new babys and my other two. well I have a doctor appointment Friday will fill everyone in then. Hope everyone is doing well.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
Old 03-10-2004, 07:22 PM

You guys need to send some warm weather up here!!! It snowed today, and its windy, and about 35 degrees! I'm sick of winter and ready for spring.

This weekend we got the co-sleeper all set up to the bed, and I also got my sling that I ordered. Yesterday I ordered some nursing tops from Motherware, but I'm having a hard time finding the right size bras. I think I'll just have to wait and see how big I get after my milk comes in.

My dh is getting really frusterated w/ us still having our ds in our bed. I just don't think that right now is a good time for our ds to move out. He doesn't want to, he wants the big bed w/ mommy and daddy.

Not much else going on here... my ds had his Kindermusik class today. I've been really nesting a lot lately, but am taking a break from cleaning today. Hope all of you are doing well!

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:48 PM

Sarah, IKWYM about having a kiddo in your bed already. Sometimes having Hunter in the bed is really annoying. I just got finished raking the leaves outta our front yard and putting them in our flower beds for mulch. Man, that was a lot of work! Nellie is watching TV and Duncan and Hunter are outside getting into who knows what. I do know that it is mostly dirt and leaves in the back yard, so the worst thing they can do is get dirty. Gee, who knew....

I'm nesting like a freak and am frustrated with the world in general. My OB told me I need to wean Hunter because it's not "good for me" to nurse him while I am pregnant. He said that since I have a history of pre term labor, it could set it off. I pointed out that usually, by this point in the game, I've already been on bed rest for at least a week. I haven't had a hint ( a true hint ) of PTL at all with this one. Some contractions, but nothing I would be too concerned about. So, I told him, "Sure, okay." And I'll just keep on nursing.

I can't wait untill this babe is born. The Pepcid AC is not working worth a darn and so I go to bed with heartburn from Hell.

Okay, enough. At least I managed to make our front yard look nice!!!!!!

Take care, ladies. Christina, don't worry too much about the move, you can do it. I stressed sooooo much about moving 5 miles. I can't imagine moving to another state. to you.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 PM

Christina we moved when dd#2 was only about 8 days old.. We moved from Lower Alabama to the middle of Indiana.. It is normally about a 2 day drive.. But it took us 3 days with a newborn.. Had to stop for all the feedings.. It was hard and stressful.. But it all works out in the end.. I think I would rather move after the baby then before baby is here.. I dont have engery to clean let alone pack right now.. You will be ok ..
Lisa I have been just like piss off to everyone around me.. It seems that things are getting to me more then normal.. I know dh will be glad when all these wacky hormones are out of my system.. :LOL
Old 03-10-2004, 11:33 PM

Oh, Gads, I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and read in Dr Sears' pregnancy book that irritability and moodiness are at their height in the last month of pregnancy. Then, my friend Carrie Beary 77 and I turned all the Babywise stuff around and replaced it with Mothering Mags. That was fun. :LOL

Ah, Spring break is upon me. No more school for a whole, gee, let me see...Lots of days. Yeah, can't do math right now. Don't wanna...

Old 03-11-2004, 12:21 AM

I am glad to hear that there is a reason that I am such a bi@#%.
I thought it was just me, today I just could not stand DH> Poor guy he is the one who takes all the abuse. I have been pretty even tempered these last few months, but today it hit me. I did not want to have to talk or be nice to anyone. Goodwillhunter-thanks for the research on our lasts days of hormonal weirdness. Am I just not remembering all this 'bad' stuff from last pregnancy or is it really much harder this time?
Talk to you all soon- stay kind lol--maria
Old 03-11-2004, 03:59 AM

i am sooo cranky too!! and sick of hearing all the comments, "when are you due? oh my, you look like it could be ANY day. oh wow, you like you're ready to pop." yeah, ready to pop you in the head, moron. : and these are comments from people i *like*!! :LOL

i checked into the anemia issue (ice crunching like mad). at my last appt. i was the one who brought it up, and the nurse looks at my chart and says, "oh, didn't anyone call you? your last cbc came back very low in iron. someone was supposed to call you to tell you to start iron supplements." gee, thanks for the info.

so i just started the iron pills and i hope they kick in soon. i am so out of breath and lacking energy all the time. i need to save some up for tomorrow night...i booked another massage client. i know i said i wouldn't, but we REALLY need the $$. it's going to be a long hour!

take care mamas.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Good will Hunter,
I always hide the babywise books too!

There must be something hormonal going on. Tuesday I about had a nervous breakdown-it was awful. I was just so stressed to the max I couldnt' stop crying and I've barely cried this whole pregnancy. Now DH is majorly ticking me off and the kids are driving me batty!

I'm ready!
Old 03-11-2004, 12:19 PM

Totally, I agree with you!!! Momma Jubilee, I am anemic, too! I was having problems with being out of breath and tired and and and and and....ice is still my buddy, but I don't crave it like I used to! The iron usually helps within 24 hours.....

As for the massage client, I totally understand. We need cash, too, today!!!!
Old 03-11-2004, 01:21 PM

LMAO ya know we are a bunch of witches lol. I to have been very snappy! The kids are getting to me more then normal.. I guess you can tell its about time huh lol..
I hate the stupid little comments too of when you gonna have that baby.. etc.. Some people say the stupidest things.. And right now with the hormonal state i am in I cant take it lol. Stupid people piss me off LOL anyhow today looks like another nice day . bit cooler in the 70's but thats still nice. Pollen is kicking my butt here.. I miss my allergy meds.. I want my Zertec!~ I will be fine though . Only a few weeks left only a few weeks left only a few weeks left.. LOL did i mention we only have a few weeks left..
Old 03-11-2004, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh how I wish we had the nice weather here, we were teased wtih a few 55 and 60 degree days but its' back to 40's now. I think I'd be so much better if the kids and I could get outside, I'm so jealous of those of you with nice weather.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:07 PM

Hi ladies,

Well, we're moved for the most part! Still have a couple of more loads to get over here but we've started to unpack. Man, I think we are nuts for deciding to do this! I went to the dr on Monday and I'm 1-2 cm dialated and 60% effaced. The dr. *thinks* I'll have this baby before my due date...but she said she hoped it would be another two weeks to get us settled in our new home. I can't believe it's getting so close! And, I'm sure the move hasn't done anything but get things moving along!

I hope everyone is enjoying their week!
Old 03-11-2004, 11:28 PM

Mrs. Edwards, you make me sooooooo jealous!!! I wish mine would come early. He's not even making any sort of budges. Some BH, but not much. Sigh.... He's just hanging around, getting fatter by the second. I know. I'm getting fatter by the second.

I bribed Natalie, my 3.5 year old girl twin with ice cream if she would just SIT on the potty. She did. She didn't go potty or anything, but, well, I promised. I just came home and had some Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream.

I skipped supper, b/c it wasn't appetizing to me. I made something I thought I wanted, but by the time I made it, well, I didn't want it anymore. I'm probably going to have a small dinner later consisting of smoked cheddar cheese, whole wheat bagel, mixed fruit and ham. Yummy in my tummy.

I'm seeing some water gain, tho. I don't like that. Makes me nervous.

User Tag List