April mama's -It's March 1st!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 135 Old 03-15-2004, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had a rough night of contractions Saturday night, I almost went to L&D but they said they'd put me on Trebutaline so I didn't go and thought I'd take my chances. Everything died down so that is good. I'm 36 weeks this week so they won't try to stop me now if I go.

It took me until Saturday to be convinced that I'm not leaking amniotic fluid, but glad about that!

It's hard to not get excited with all the contractions thinking they will bring around the baby becasue last time I had them all the time too and still didn't deliver for weeks!

All these contractions have at least gotten me *regular* though, LOL!

I'm trying to keep in good spirits, it's been hard though.

Squishy and Good Will: hang in there!

Chrisymama: Hope your legs feel better soon.
#122 of 135 Old 03-15-2004, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Must be a slow day for everyone-I'm just keeping us on the first page, so here's my...

BUMP!
#123 of 135 Old 03-15-2004, 04:31 PM

Hey mamas.. I had posted earlier today but it was lost somehow:
Anyhow things are well today . Just hanging out as much as I can. I still have soo soo soo much to do around here .. BUt i am gonna give it a rest and enjoy the weather as much as I can. Its in the 80's and just wonderful so I am gonna work on my tan on my legs and maybe I wont look so transparent when I go into labor and blind the baby and the dr withthe legs :LOL We gotta be out there as much as we can this time of year because come summer its way to hot for us to get outside! Well Bellafinn hope things go well for you. I know that you want ot keep baby in there a bit longer. I am a bit jealiou of everyone. I seem to be the only one with nothing going on down there But thats ok I dont need him to come until the 13th.. That way my mom is here and can be with my kids and dh can be with me
#124 of 135 Old 03-15-2004, 04:52 PM

Well Iam doing alot better the contraction seemed to slow down which is good I put myself on bed rest so I have been watching tv and relaxing. I have a Dr. Appointment tomorrow so I will fill everyone in tomorrow.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#125 of 135 Old 03-15-2004, 07:04 PM

wow, there's so much going on with you mamas! i hope everyone is doing well today...

i haven't even had any BH (well maybe one or two in the last couple of weeks). i want her to come early though!! not too early of course, but i am in week 35 right now and i'd be totally fine if she decided to show up around week 37/38 - my due date is Apr. 17.

i am soooo sick today - either a severe cold or bronchitis. and dh was supposed to be leaving town tomorrow for four days...then i talked to him today and he said, "no, i'm leaving tonight!" he was going to leave straight from work and not even come home first! i was not happy. i've barely had the strength to move today, so i told him he HAD to come home before he leaves for the week. at least i can squeeze in a nap.

i've been on the phone with everyone i know practically asking them to come help me out this week...we'll see.

take care mamas...stay rested!!
#126 of 135 Old 03-15-2004, 07:40 PM

wow mommajubilee I hope you feel better real soon!!! Sorry about your dh having to be gone at this time! get well real soon!
I have a dr appointment tomorrow as well. I am getting sick of going already! :LOL It will all be over soon though huh! Just wanted to stop in and say I hope everyone is feeling better and IM thinking about you all!
#127 of 135 Old 03-15-2004, 10:56 PM

Where is everyone its been slow today Iam just bored. well I better go and get some sleep before my appointment tomorrow.

Christina

#128 of 135 Old 03-16-2004, 01:17 AM

i told him how upset i was that he failed to communicate effectively with me about his plans. also, that i was disappointed that he was so anxious to leave when he doesn't actually have to be there until tomorrow morning. i just asked him to come home before he left...and he did! he came home around 2:30 today, made me lunch, did some cleaning, and watched ds while i napped for two hours!!
i felt so much better, although i'm still not looking forward to the week ahead. i feel like such a wimp right now. :
#129 of 135 Old 03-16-2004, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry mamajubilee, I know how awful that can be, hang in there!

Squishy, I'm bored too.

Chritymama, good luck at your app, let us know how it goes!

My app is tomorrow.

Well, I'm trying to keep my mind off things, for the first few weeks of contractions every time I kept thinking "is this it?", now it's driving me nuts. I've decided to give up on them, and try not to get too excited until I see some bloody show or something. I've driven myself crazy up to this point!

We got snow last night!!! UGH! I want spring, all my daffodils were up and in buds, now they're under snow! It's cold again and I want my sunshine back!

I need to super duper clean the house today-kids room is a wreck!

I think I waited too long to address the sleeping situation in our house, both the kids are in bed with us and I know there is just not going to be room for 5, especially when one is a newborn. I bribed my daughter into her room (which she has NEVER slept in) with a TV. The rule is only PBS, so last night it was some piece on Tupperware, she loved it though (she's only 5). We made it half the night so it's a start. It's so tough, I don't want to make this traumatic for her, but she really does need to be in her room now. I wish I wouldn't have started sooner though, I don't want her to have any ill feelings with the baby coming very soon!

Everyone have a good day!
#130 of 135 Old 03-16-2004, 11:23 AM

Wow... things sure have been going on w/ all of you...
Contractions, bedrest, visits to the hospital! I'm sure that's not fun.

Things have been boring here by comparrison. However, yesterday I hurt myself pretty badly. I picked up my ds to carry him to the bedroom, he was not behaving and was struggling.
Somehow, it feels like I pulled my muscles waaay down low in my pelvic area. It's been hard to walk and sit and lay and move. I took some tylenol and a bath last night, and was hoping to feel better this morning. It feels a little better, it is getting easier to walk but it still hurts to move and get up and down. I go to the Dr. tomarrow for my regular appt.

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#131 of 135 Old 03-16-2004, 03:46 PM

my appointment went well Iam the same far as dilation which is good. my blood pressure was 92/62 which I think is low. I gain two more pounds since Friday maybe the baby gained more weight. I go back to the doctor this Friday. so I will let everyone know where Iam then. Where are you Goodwillhunter Iam begining to get worried about you I hope you are doing well.

Christina

#132 of 135 Old 03-16-2004, 04:54 PM

Good Afternoon, fellow pregnant ladies...

I have returned from the world better known as Antepartum. I had to go back to the hospital on Sunday night for contrax. More phenergan and nubain. Fun for the whole family!!!

They kept me for a night for observation. Not much going on. I decided to stay another night b/c I can't always guarantee that I won't just get up and start cleaning. However, DH came by on his lunch break and told me that Hunter woke up asking for Mama, so I decided to bail. My doc said that is fine, but if I start contracting again, he'll have me back in there so fast my head would spin!!! :LOL He knows me well. So, I'm just chillin'. Eating Chips and Queso. I had an ultrasound done yesterday and the babe is at about 5 or more lbs. They say I'm measuring two weeks ahead. : I think Adam wants to get outta here!

Hope everyone else is well.
#133 of 135 Old 03-16-2004, 06:21 PM

HI!
Appt went well today. Still nothing started down there! Still high and closed or whatever : Blood pressure was like 96/69 or something like that! I gained a few more pounds: Babies heartrate was in the 140's !! so same ol same ol.. He did say something about this baby is about 6to 6 in a half pounds! U was like Holy crap! This may be my biggest baby yet.. Maybe thats why God wated to give us a boy because if I would of had him first and he be so big I wouldnt of had anymore
So glad everyone is doing well. Hope it stays that way! Take care mamas.
#134 of 135 Old 03-30-2004, 07:28 PM

Just a bump!

thought I would say hi! Can't believe we're just about here! We've got 10 days til EDD and I can hardly believe I'm prego some days!! Except for that pesky extreme exhaustion thing going on.

Oh, and we can't have a homebirth (MW thinks we're too far from a hospital and I'm GBS+), but I don't mind too much!

This is the last baby, it's so sad, I feel like it's gone by so fast.
#135 of 135 Old 03-31-2004, 07:58 PM

Oh, and we can't have a homebirth (MW thinks we're too far from a hospital and I'm GBS+), but I don't mind too much!

You might want to check out gentlebirth.org pages on GBS. I am positive, and what we ended up doing was getting a giant shot of penicillin at 37 weeks, an amount proven to last through 42 weeks at a high enough concentration in me and the baby's cord to prevent GBS. We are very close to our non-backup hospital, and while I would prefer to treat only if I have risk factors in labor, I know I don't want to transfer to that nightmare hospital. We felt the pen injection was our best bet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page