April mama's -It's March 1st!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 135 Old 03-01-2004, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I'd start! I didn't see another thread,

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!! I'ts March!!!!!!!! I'll bet we have some mama's go this month, I PLAN to be one of them!!!

We had a really nice weekend. It got up to almost 60 here so we took a picnic to a local state park and played and hiked (slowly, LOL!) and ate, we had a lot of fun. It helps to be busy for me, helps me keep my mind off things (labor!).

I had a craving for Long John Silvers last night so we all went, I started regretting it as soon as I finished eating it though !! I had tummy pains all night.

My sleep has been terrible, I lay awake for hours at night. Are any others of you having this?? So what do you do? Do you just lay there, or get up? I'm afraid if I start getting up, it will become even more of a habit, one that I won't be able to break.

My BH are getting a lot stronger, I told DH to be ready-one of these days he's going to get "the call". He works a half an hour away from home so he'll have to drive home, pick me up then we'll have another half an hour back to town! I'm a little nervous because my first labor was 5 hours, the second was 14 so I have NOOOO idea what to expect this time! It would be wonderful for him to be home when it starts!

I so can't wait!! The days are passing very slowly for me now!

Best wishes!!
#2 of 135 Old 03-01-2004, 12:56 PM

Last night DH and I watch Radio it was a really good movie. DH even liked it. then we went to sleep by then I was so tired. anyways yesterday I turned 32 weeks. so things are moving right along. not much else to say. I hope everyone is doing well.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#3 of 135 Old 03-01-2004, 01:32 PM

Hi mama's!

I spent all weekend in the bathroom with the flu Could not keep anything down for 2 days, and had a fever of 102! I was so uncomfortable I could not even get to sleep. I almost had dh take me to the hospital b/c I thought I was having back labor. I had *intense* pain hip to hip for hours. And my BH were pretty strong every 15 mins or so. But then they went away...
All I did all weekend (and now) was worry about baby!

Going in to week 35, and I'm worried ds may be coming here soon. Someone at work told me I've dropped, and I feel like he's "right there" (pressure on my cx) when I stand up. BH's have increased a bit too...

Then again I cound just be paranoid... I go to the dr tomorrow for my GRB test, and I'll have them check me out then.

I got all my fluffy mail ready now, nursing stuff together, and washed baby stuff last night. I packed DS #1's overnight bag for my SIL's, and started getting DH & my bags ready. DH teases that I'm over nesting and DH and DS are turning into birds. :

Hope everyone else is great!!!
#4 of 135 Old 03-01-2004, 02:46 PM

I had the stomach virus last week and dh got it Sunday so it's been one sick thing after another around here.

I hope everyone gets well soon.

I've decided these babies are at least 5 pounds now. I'm just over 33 weeks, but they had a real growth spurt this last week. I feel pretty strong about them making it to at least 37 weeks. I want them to go 40 weeks, but I think they may get so big in the next 4 weeks that they won't need to. We'll see!
#5 of 135 Old 03-01-2004, 03:27 PM

bellafinn ~ I can't sleep either. i feel tired but it takes me HOURS to fall asleep. it's so frustrating. :

i hope you other mamas are feeling better soon.

dh and i have been taking guesses about when this little girl will arrive. i am almost 34 weeks....due date is Apr. 17. we're both feeling she'll be earlier than that - guessing first week of april. i can't believe we're this close!!
#6 of 135 Old 03-01-2004, 06:40 PM

I am due April 30th so I am turning 32 weeks this week and feel like it is dragging on. This is my 4th baby and while I know I should be cherishing these moments I just can't wait to feel like my old self again. I want to eat food that doesn't taste bad and I want to enjoy a meal without the horrible indigestion that goes on for hours. I am tired of living off of Life cereal (about 2 bowls a day is all I can tolerate in the way of food).

I hate to complain so much but I have just had a really difficult pregnancy this time around....and my children miss their mother. I want to play with them and take them to the park but I have NO ENERGY.

It will be over soon, I just keep telling myself that.
#7 of 135 Old 03-01-2004, 08:27 PM

Thanks bellafinn for starting the new thread!
Things are well here.. I dont sleep much at night either! I am up all the time too. I think this baby has dropped too. When i get up I fell a sudden eww sensation like hes trying to poke out of there I am 34 weeks now! I cant wait. I have pretty much everything. Not alot of cloths yet but i am sure that will come.. My mom is sending me a box full and so is a friend from home so we will see what is in there
Sorry all you mamas are getting sick.. I just feel tired all day because i dont sleep at night. stay laying in bed wide awake! Oh well all part of the beauty of being pregnant right mamas
#8 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 01:52 AM

Hi there! I've never posted in this forum before, but I'm due April 3rd. I'm in my 35th week and am feeling great. I had a dr. appointment today but my dr. was in performing her 2nd c-section of the day all ready at 9:00 am, so I just visited with the nurse.

I can't believe I'm on weekly visits from here on out! And, next week, I start getting checked for dialation/effacement!

Oh, and we've decided to move...so we're currently in the process of moving into a different rental house! Are we nuts or what????:LOL
#9 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 02:42 AM

Hi Kaylee! And welcome to our little group here!
I know i cant believe that it is already March! Gesh..
My throat hurts tonight. I am not sure why. I felt really ran down today and then tonight my throat started to hurt just like scratchy when i swollowed like snot type scratchy! So I took a benadryal. I havent taken one for the whole pregnancy and the pollen count has been so darn high the girls are all allergy out too! I figured it would be better to do that now then let it build up and be sick durning labor.. pollen kicks my butt big time. I just wish I could have my zertec but I wont take that while pregnant. ANYhow mamas is everyone ready for the babies,, meaning have everything they need? I think i am set. I just need a boppy and a high chair.. But the high chair can wait a bit.. and the boppy arent to expensive.. anyhow i hope you mamas are well. Take care and Sleep well!
#10 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

I sure don't envy you gals that are moving! With my last we moved right after he was born, when he was only 2 WEEKS. It would have been better to move before, but it just didn't work out. With my daughter we moved just before she was born. It is easier to move pregnant though, instead of with a newborn! Good luck to all of you!

Another sleepless night here...

Yesterday I was a cleaning fool, (making up for the last few weeks I guess). I'm hoping now to just be able to maintain everything till the baby comes. We only need a highchair too. We never had one with the other two, so this time I'm getting one! I'm washing up the clothes and dipaers today and then I'm all ready-nothing left to do but wait.... and wait.... and wait

I have an app on Thursday, haven't had one for a month! They don't put you in weekly's here until week 38, and don't do vaginal exams until then either. I thought I'd check myself in the shower, but couldn't find my cervix anywhere-hope it's in there, LOL!
#11 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 10:51 AM

Can you believe how close we are getting? I'm 34 weeks now and though I shouldn't complain because I've had a fairly easy pg, I'm starting to get uncomfy. We've been really busy getting ready for baby, and looking for a house. My ds' activities have slowed down some, and I finally found a preschool for him (for the fall).

I just need to get a sling, and a swing and then we should be all set. I put up the co-sleeper but haven't attached it to the bed. In a couple of weeks I'm going to have my dh install the base to the carseat so that I can see how it will work and make sure its ready to go. I think I've decided to go ahead and keep April 2nd as my c-section date, because I will be only 2 days away from being 39 weeks. Plus, for selfish reasons I like that date and I am ready to meet my baby! My mom will be comming the night before to stay w/ my ds while we go to the hospital since we have to be there early, and she lives about 3hrs. away.

I hope everyone feels better soon! It really sucks to be sick while you are pg!

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#12 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 11:10 AM

Wow, the countdown is on!!!!! It really will not be long for any of us now. I feel like I am about ready, I feel the urge to do a HUGE spring cleaning of this house- luckily dh is right there with me and all to happy to do the "icky grunt" work. O I love him!!!

I still do not have all the material stuff I need but spoke with a load of girlfriends yesterday and I am relaxing on that front, knowing that things will start pouring in soon. It is probably better now than earlier anyway since I have nowhere to put new stuff until this cleaning is done!! This should keep me busy and my mind off other things----like when when when and who are you in there?!!

I had my first real night of tossing and turning, before I was awake for a hour or two, that was not bad compared to last night and the tossing, complete with heartburn, for HOURS. I actually skipped going to the Y this morning for my workout, and I am a freak about getting there and exersizing daily. Dh and ds could not believe I was staying home, and look how I am spending my time-- they think I am sleeping!!

That is all for complaints from me, all in all I feel better than during preg#2--- so I am doing great. I hope all gets better for everyone with the annoying preggo problems- and to all who feel great-- yippie keep it up.
#13 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 11:57 AM

hi everyone! I am becoming one of my cats. I fall asleep easy but am up all night. heartburn too. This morning I got up at 4 but I didnt really feel like doing anything so I got back in bed. Im hoping for a march baby. Im due the 1st but Ill be 36 weeks on wednesday so next wednesday Ill be good to go.

Were not moving but are having our front porch replanked and new front door, and worse our kitchen cabinets totally replaced. Some didnt arrive correctly so we will have to wait maybe weeks for counters and sink to be replaced.

Hard time breathing and getting comfy, clutter everywhere, no energy to straighten up.

mil not respecting our need for a 5 day babymoon just the 3 of us. is being a big pain.

dh work load just got very considerably lighter as of yesterday, so we will be able to really get some things done, curtains hung etc. figure out how to get to hosp. w/o getting lost.

very few clothes still fit. I am huge and wiish I had one good picture from this pregnancy. im just so huge now.

but Im not ready. the house is not ready. I cant believe there will be an actual baby.

I am also very sick of rain, esp. hearing it outside the window as I lie awake in bed.

sorry for the vent, I think Ill go make a to do list to feel more organized.

I did buy newborn diapers to feel prepared and they are soooo cute!

appt. today.

#14 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

I'm tired of my clothes too. All the new shirts I bought are too short and show the panel in my jeans, yuk. So Im back to wearing the old ones (that practically come down to your knees!)
I had just gotten rid of my *fat* clothes before I got preg so I have no idea what I will wear after the baby comes, I don't want to buy new clothes that I will only wear such a short time.

My belly feels SOOO tight, like it's just going to split open, these last few weeks take forever!
#15 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 12:56 PM

I know! my 'maternity' clothes look like normal clothes to me now. most of my maternity clothes are size small, and now Ive had to get size large with some of them pulling and showing panel. My mom sent me a size large long sundress for a shower and it fits like a dream but its not quite sundress weather. If it were I would go buy 3 large casual sundresses and wear them exclusively, I am truly sick of getting in and out of pants!!!!!!!!!
#16 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 03:32 PM

Afternoon ladies!!
I slept pretty well last night! I thin it was the allergy meds.. But I also threw up! EW! I tend to get this way at the end from acid and heartburn LOL. NAsty! I am 34 weeks as well and cant wait!! My dr appointment is on tuesday 9th and then its weekly after that! then the time will fly ZOOOOOOOOOOM..
I know my belly feels as if it is about to split open too. I dont have a issue with the cloths yet. I still can wear them all.. I am mad though cause i dripped bleach on my favorite pair of black pants. so now they have a purple spot on the leg it sucks! But i have a few other pair of black pants i can wear but its still the thought!!! Well I better get some lunch!!!
#17 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 07:58 PM

Iam so sore today and so tired I didnt sleep really well last night I had reflex and a upset stomach I took A nap when my two year old did 6 more weeks intil I meet my little girl. it seems to be going so slow now counting the days.

Christina

#18 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 08:00 PM

Sigh. Sunday, I came home from work and the house was a MESS! DH was sitting on the floor with his eyes glued to the Discovery Channel. I, of course, went nuts. I asked him, "How can you watch TV when you know I'm coming home and the house is a mess? You know I can't stand it if we haven't even vaccuumed all the dog fur up off the floor." etc. etc.. We got the house clean, laundry started, kitchen (the counter had dirty dishes and ANTS all over. I really am crazy about keeping my kitchen clean!. I mean, I eat there!) After we got the house clean, we had chicken and mixed veggies with pasta. Afterwards, ice cream and then The Lion King 1 1/2 which is, by the way, Christina, hilarious. Thanks for the recommendation!

So, yesterday, I busted my butt to clean upstairs, strip beds, sort toys, dust, vaccuum, etc.. I made turkey, green beans, and stuffing for supper, and went out to lunch with my mother. I went to class at 530PM and, guess what, I made an "A" on my Abnormal Psychology test!!! I was so happy 'cause now I'm at a 4.0 for this semester. I came home and promptly crashed. No doubt because I worked waaay too hard yesterday. I had a couple of nice B/H during my Psychology class... The professor kept on looking at me, worriedly :LOL. He should know better. I'm fine. Really.

I didn't have any Pepcid AC last night, so I was up half the night, just like everyone else it seems! DH woke up a couple of times and rubbed my back (nice guy, no? I guess he feels like sh*t because of Sunday!!!). That helped. Finally, I woke up at 6AM and decided to go to the grocery store to get more. I then went on to Starbucks and had my Chai Tea Latte and a cinnamon scone all by myself!!! I got to read the paper, too! Then, I came home, and, while DH was feeding the kiddos, I took the trash out (he usually does it, but I did it anyway. I was outside.).

After he left, I gave the three younger kids a bath... I was feeling really crappy because my heart rate was up, I was thirsty, and dizzy. I called my doctor, and I'm going in tomorrow for another 3 hour glucose tolerance test. I told them I wanted to check this thing out again because I'm just having way too many of these spells. I just can't seem to function at my normal level all the time. I know I'm 32 weeks pregnant, but, hey, I have things I need to do, you know?

My mom came over this morning and took Natalie to get her bangs trimmed at Miss Ella's barber shop. Miss Ella has been cutting hair for over 50 years. She rocks. She's given all of my kids their first haircuts! Then I got the kids off on the bus and Hunter and I stayed home and sang songs, ate lunch, and in general messed around. We took a good nap (it's raining outside and that always helps!). The kids came home and we have been watching TV ever since. Bad mommy, but, I'm entitled, no? They're watching a Dr Seuss video in honor of the glorious Dr's 100th birthday!!!!

Anyway, must dash, I have to make dinner. Pancakes, bacon... my favorite lazy dinner....
#19 of 135 Old 03-02-2004, 09:54 PM

hi all,
Just checking in. Hope all the sickies feel better soon!

I feel okay most of the time. THough definitely slowing down. I'm watching all the mamas go on the March board and can't believe we're/i'm this close. I'm guessing I'll go right at the cusp of the months.

I have my blessingway this Sat. I"m excited but I do need to clean the house etc....hard to do when you can't bend over.

The birthing room is getting closer to ready....this weekend we'll clean it out a bit more. I also am planning on doing my body cast soon. And finish up the dipes/covers I'm sewing..: It's sounds like a lot!!! :LOL Better go do some of it!!

take care, mamas.
#20 of 135 Old 03-03-2004, 12:22 AM

:LOL, indigolilybear. I'm tired just reading your post. I was in my College Algebra class this evening and I just happened to pick up the campus newspaper and they had an article about Subway in it. Of course, mommy cravings kicked in and I took off for the nearest Subway after class. Yummy in my tummy. I will be paying for it dearly later, but, oh, well....

My sister and I have decided there should be a rule at restaurants that if you get sick :Puke after eating there and you're pregnant, you shoud get your money back because you didn't really eat the food.

Now that I've grossed everyone out, I'm going to play my game and avoid my algebra homework!
#21 of 135 Old 03-03-2004, 01:15 AM

indigolilybear, i'm having my blessingway this Sat too!
#22 of 135 Old 03-03-2004, 03:34 AM

I dont feel well mamas
My throat has been hurting the past two days now. It isnt like a sore throat its like on fire .. It doesnt hurt to swollow or eat anything just burns. I dont have any white spots in the back of it and it isnt swollen.. So I have gurgled with some warm salt water a few times today which seem to numb it a bit and for a little while. Thoat longes dont seem to help. I am hoping its just from the past few night of the horrible acid reflus and then being ran down and tired from lack of sleep .. and allergies. I have no fever and so i dont know what else i can do.. If it is still like this on the 9th i guess i will mention it to my dr. If i get a fever I will call him before that of course. im just BLUH! a fine time to be getting sick when baby could come at anytime huh:
:LOL lisa could you imagin all the business these restarunts would lose in the first trimesters of pregnant women if they had that rule of free food if you throw it up :LOL they would run out of money LOL.. with all the morning sickness out there BLUHHH.
well I am gonna head to bed its a little after 1130 now I hope i can sleep.. I just want spring to get here!!!!!!
#23 of 135 Old 03-03-2004, 07:20 PM

I hope all is still mostly well with everyone, kind of nice to know that we are not alone in our sufferring......
Today a wonderful woman who just had a 10.5 lb baby gave me all her nb stuff that never even got used. I feel like i can relax and know that I can at least dress my babe for the first week, after I get some diapers of course!!! My point is that yeah I feel like things are coming together and even though we are bROKE, things will be okay.
I am hungry again so see ys soon.........
#24 of 135 Old 03-03-2004, 08:00 PM

HI Mamas..
Feeling alot better today! Sore throat is gone YEA~ I just feel groggy like i have been slipped something in my drink today.. Kinda out of it.. Both my girls have a cold so thats prob what it all is.. :
Today it is rain rain rain.. I hate rain. cant wait for this storm to pass through. Then it will be in the high 70's near 80's this weekend and all of next week so they say! I am holding on to that thats for sure! I now feel this kid under my ribs.. We have had fun the last few nights trying to figure out what body part is what.. and to watch him roll in the tummy is a bit freaky for dh LOL.. ya know when the whole belly will move and its like WOW there is something really in there. I love it..
OHHHH i had a wonderfl dream this morning.. I got dd#1 up and out the door for school and dh went to work at the same time as dd left. So it was just me and dd#2 and she was still snoozing in the bed. So i crawled back in bed next to her little warm cuddley body and drifted off to sleep.. I had the most wonderful dream! I had a dream that the baby was here and I was breastfeeding him. Now this is new to me (breasfeeding) and it was so comfoting and put me at such ease. It was a wonderful dream! I woke up and had a wet spot on my shirt! My body is getting ready for this baby and is just as excited about him coming in to this family as i am!~
well we are having homemade tacos for dinner tonight. I need to go get some things from the store before dinner get started. I hope you are all well!
#25 of 135 Old 03-03-2004, 09:37 PM

Oh, breasfeeding is AWESOME! Hunter is the only babe I've every solely breastfed, and, wow, does it do wonders for your self esteem. I mean, think about it!!! Every inch of that baby came from resources in your body! DH gave half the chromosomes (i.e. the blue prints), but you gave all the raw materials and will continue to do so untill the babe can eat big people food! Neat thought, huh?

I went to the doc today. I've gained 5 lbs since three weeks ago . I about had a fit! :LOL Get over it, already!

I skipped abnormal psychology today because I am just plain tired. Enough!

I think I'm done. Yep. I'm done.
#26 of 135 Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 PM

Hi all I breastfed Kimberly for two weeks but quit do to sore nipples and she was not gaining enough weight. so I think I may give Chloe the clostrim but quit after that just bottle feed. but I will play it by year we will see what happens. I dont have a DR. appointment intil March 12th just think in a month we will all be having are babies how exciting is that.

Christina

#27 of 135 Old 03-04-2004, 03:26 AM

which went well, i suppose.

my anemia suspicions were right...they want me to start taking an iron supplement. the last time i got anemic though, i just boosted up on spirulina and it worked like a charm.

gained 2lbs. baby sounded good. m/w thinks she may be breech at the moment, but wasn't sure. i'm going to start hanging out in those "turn baby around" positions just in case though.

i asked my midwife about some of the policies of the birth center where i will be, and one i wasn't too happy about was the fetal monitoring. she said they will want to hook me up to the monitor for 20 minutes every couple of hours. at the center where i birthed ds, they only checked me every hour or so with the doppler, and they always asked if it was a good time for me. i asked why they can't just use the doppler, and she said, "well then a nurse would have to sit there for 20 minutes holding it." : i'm nervous about having to hold my ground and be confrontational...i didn't have to do that at all before. any advice?
#28 of 135 Old 03-04-2004, 03:29 AM

Go away acid go AWAY!
I am sure the tacos for dinner didnt help or the three yea i said three ice cream sandwhiches didnt help:LOL So i sit and wait and see if sitting up for awhile will help it go away! Crossing my fingers... BLUH. I may just say screw it and go throw up and get it over with but i hate to throw up.. I remember towards the end with dd#2 i had to do that and dh would make fun of me saying i was a pregnant bulemic which i wasnt it was just gonna wake me up and gag me in the middle of the night as soon as i fell asleep.. OK as I have grossed you all out enough i am gonna get going.
#29 of 135 Old 03-04-2004, 12:03 PM

Hey all...hope people are feeling better.

Mamajubilee--hope your BW is great. I"m looking forward to mine though a little nervous since it'll be a lot larger than my ones w/ds and maybe not so intimate? Either way, it'll be good. Good luck w/the BC--is there no room for flexibililtly? Maybe you could suggest a different option and then convince the MW to sign off a paper?

Well, nothing new here. Feeling a little more hormonal and just plain tired. I do get freaked out a little realizing it'll all be over soon....but then I'll have a newborn! I always get a little overwhelmed this part of the pregnancy.....lkind of like "what was I thinking??" Of course, I'm excited too, for birthing as well as seeing htis little stinker.

Did my belly casting and it turned out nicely. I still need to fix it up and paint it but at least I got it done! I think we're almost ready. If only someone would come clean my house for Sat!!! :
#30 of 135 Old 03-04-2004, 12:55 PM

morning mamas.!!
Hope everyone is well and feeling good! Things are going ok here. I still need to wash some baby things but I cant seem to get around to it. I think its because I can get the things in the wash but to lean over and get them out i cant because i am short and the belly is in the way! So I usually wait for dh to be home to do laundry:LOL
Nothing really new to report here on teh home front Seeing how i am here at least a few times a day ! LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page