April Mamas- Hangin' In There/16th-30th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Elsanne !! So glad you can join us! After we all start having our babies we have all decided to move our happy April mama thread to another Forum. So get support and help and just keep out little group together after baby is here! You are more then welcome to join us all there too once that gets started.. Which will be soon by the way all these mamas are progressing..
Today is a much better day! I mean there is a nice breeze flowing through the house with the fans on.. I thought yesterday I would roast.. There wasnt much of a breeze going on! I am sooo Glad spring is here.. We are going to the zoon On tuesday after my appointment.. I dont know what I was thinking about when I suggested that!! The walk is gonna kill me.. 3 weeks left here too and I can not wait..dh is cleaning up the swing today and we are putting the car seat in the truck.. I have to switch a few things out of his going home bag because well I dont think he will fit into the outfit i packed! I think this might be my little porker!:LOL well gotta run!!! well not really run but walk slowly but ya know what i mean LOL..
#62 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 05:22 PM

Thanks Christy for reminding me that I have to pack Chloes bag almost forgot about that So I guess I have a few more things to do.

Christina

Goodwill Hunter are you bring cloth diapers to the hospital? I think I may just bring a couple of special diapers to bring her home in probably should bring two just in case she poops.

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#63 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 06:51 PM

Hi ladies.... thanks so much for the warm welcomes.

Lisa--Aries is a fire sign. DH is April 16, and I am April 21 (Taurus), and baby is due April 18....how bout that. My hunch is that s/he'll be born sooner than that...

Christy in lala land! I was in Prescott AZ for 6 years before moving down here 2 1/2 years ago...it's warm here too! But breezy. Good diaper dryin' weather.

sippin' my red raspberry leaf tea,
elsanne
#64 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 08:37 PM

Thanks, Elsanne. We were having quite a spirited debate on that at dinner time!

Christina, I am bringing 3 diapers to bring him home in. Just in case he poops before we get home.... :LOL Poor little guy, he's gonna swim in his take-home outfit. I bought it for 3-6 months b/c it has ducks on it and I LOVE LOVE ducks. Just ask Hunter. The little guy's been wearing ducks since he was 3 months old. He always runs around saying "diapie, diapie, duck" :LOL I'm thinking of getting a custom made cover for him with a duck on it.

Kaylee, that's cool that your anniversary is right next to mine. How many years have y'all been married? We've only been married for four! My poor husband, Mac, has been a father almost four times over in four years. Connor was mine before we got married.... I've been ragging on Mac all day today. Poor man. He told me the reason he was so grumpy is that he's been criticized since he woke up this morning. He's right. I went into the bathroom and cried. Then I came out and apologized. He told me it wasn't my fault and that I since had to put up with the pain and the other nasty things of pregnancy, the least he could do was deal with a bit (yeah, right!) of criticism towards the end. What a love.
#65 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 09:15 PM

Goodwillhunter what type of diaper are you going to bring the baby home in I was thinking about bringing Chloe home in a doodlebottoms AIo it has cute little rose buds all over it. I think the other two diapers will be just one of my cuddlebuns or nanipoos not sure yet. I figure once we get home we will be cloth diapering.

anyways Iam so tired today I think Iam going to go to bed early tonight.

Christina

#66 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 09:42 PM

Christina, we're doing prefolds only. We're cheap! :LOL
#67 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 09:50 PM

Lisa-I'm responding to your earlier post about the shock of going from 1 kid to 3 kids. Just wanted to second that!!!

You guys want to see my belly? Here you go. I have pics from 25 weeks until today-36 weeks. My site

My girlfriend was supposed to do my belly cast today, but she didn't make it.

Everything is done. All baby clothes are put away and hung up. My little prefolds came last week and they are all washed. I'm waiting on my Prowrap covers this week and dd's new mesh bedrail in the mail and I will have everything! We bought dd's new 5 point harness booster seat the other day and it's HUGE. It's a Britax Husky and it fits the name. I got the second baby seat so everyone has a place to sit now! Now that everything is done, I'll probably have to wait 4 more weeks for these babies.

Blessingway is next Saturday so that's awesome and I'm getting carpets cleaned tomorrow AM. My girlfriend and I are going to do Reiki tomorrow night to get these babies both head down. Hope it works. Just catching up-will write later!
#68 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 09:56 PM

Goodwillhunter I have prefolds too. that I will be using I got good deals on my fitteds thats why I have some other wise like you I would only have prefolds.

Christina

#69 of 197 Old 03-21-2004, 11:21 PM

Kendall! I second that belly! I remember catching a glimpse of me, side view, when I was pg with the twins about 4 weeks prior to delivery... I was, to say the least, freaked out. I still hate side views of myself pregnant. You look awesome... At least the bit of you I could see!!! Your husband is ... *handsome* .

Lillie is absolutely adorable. Is she excited about having "twins?" Connor, my oldest, was! He couldn't wait. After they came home, tho, that was another story....:LOL He was 5 at the time, so it wasn't too bad. Hunter is probably going to slip arsenic in this baby's ... well, I suppose since I'm nursing, he won't be able to. I'm sure he'll bop Adam on the head at some point. Right now he looks like a pro wrestler. He's playing with a very lifelike baby and throwing it around, sitting on it, etc. He just said, "Mama, funny!" :LOL : He's shoving the baby's pacifier into its mouth. He never had one, so he doesn't know what they are!!!!

Oh, yeah, Kendal and Christina, aren't the little prefolds cute? I them. I showed them to a friend of mine the other day and she said, "They make them that small?" I reminded her they make them smaller!!!

Christina, I have a few fuzbomb covers that I shrunk... So, Adam will have a nicely covered tushie....

:LOL

Good to hear from you ladies! I've been bored bored bored!

Oh, yeah, if you ladies want to see what we look like (about 18 months ago, but, still... :LOL) click on my profile and go to my out of date website. I haven't figured out how to update the damn thing. I'm not too good with that sort of thing. Sigh.
#70 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 03:43 AM

Haven't got to catch up on this thread, but thought I'd post my story since I have a minute.

Here is my (and Soleil's) birth story: (warning: it's a bit long....)

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hreadid=127214
#71 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 03:44 AM

OK ladies! It is 1134 here Sunday night!!! Dh will be off work in about a half hour 45 min.. Granted nothing happens and holds him over... I can not stop eating these damn chocolate chip granola bars! I love them!!!! YUM!! Spencer is in there wiggle wiggle!
We ordered Pizza for dinner.. Dh came home for dinner at 10pm and walked in and Was like YUMMM you ordered pizza!! Yep yep I sure did!! Well I was coming ot check posts before i settled down for the night.. Had a busy day did about 5 or 6 loads of laundry.. Towels and cloths and bedding etc... I will dream of that creepy little snuggle bear tonight! Has anyone seen that skit on Mad tv with that bear LOL.. SCARY!!!!
#72 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 03:55 AM

: Welcome Elsanne!! Glad to have you join the madness.

Yay for your date, Kaylee! That's awesome.

Today was a great day for us. I made the family some yummy pancakes this morning. Then dh got to work on the list of chores i had left him on the whiteboard the night before...he got almost all of them done! he said he was a little grumpy when he saw my list, but realized that was his problem, not mine. he has told me several times in the past that i should just leave him a list of things i want done. you want it, you got it, buddy!! :LOL
then we headed to the santa cruz mountains where my doula lives. it was a beautiful, sunny day. we lounged by their pool, and later she gave me a wooonderful almost two hour massage. omg, i needed that. to top off the day, her boyfriend made us a yummy pasta dinner. Ben&Jerry's for dessert.
i'm ready to take on the week ahead!
#73 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 11:43 AM

Indigo--Your birth story sounds really beautiful. How amazing. I am happy for you. Unassisted! Amazing. That is just great, and I am inspired. Did you mention her name (lazy me to scroll back to your message)? Okay, there it is, Soleil! How beautiful. I was just telling DH last night about that as an idea for a name. Gorgeous.

Mmmmm pancakes momma jubilee. Banana nut pancakes suddenly are calling my name...and that smiley with the "hola", how adorable, how did you DO that? Nifty.
#74 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 11:53 AM

I was up all night with Contractions Iam getting so sick of this. I finally took a shower and went to bed around 3 this moring and now back up to take daughter to school. I had a few this morning waiting for my DR to call so I can go and get checked to see if i thinned out or dilated more. well I better go I may not be on alot today because after Rachel goes to school Iam laying down and resting I think I did too much this weekend.

Christina

#75 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 01:17 PM

Hi again!

We're still in waiting for ds to arrive, and getting antsy! I've been 1-2 cm and effaced for 3 weeks with no further progress!
I don't think it's fair for the dr to say "any day now..."
Ds has dropped so low, I can't put my knees together, sitting is uncomfortable, and I'm walking like I'm trying to carry a watermelon between my knees. UGH! I don't think waiting would be so bad if I were not as uncomfortable.

DH has been great lately. He has his slacker days (and hears about them!) but he did dishes and cleaned up all weekend with me. He's been the best when it comes to playing with the kiddo, who is amazing to understand that mamma cannot sit on the floor and play batman for hours!

Congrats to you mama's that have had your babies! All the stories are amazing!

Is anyone else having ungodly headaches??? I'm going on day 4 with a headache!

Okay, enough complaining!!! I should get back to work!
#76 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 03:14 PM

elsanne, i wish i could say i'm a tech-genius, but that smilie is in the list of smilies under "get more"

indigolilybear ~ what a beautiful story!! thank you for sharing it with us.
#77 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hey ladies. We had a normal, busy weekend here. Nothing new to say on the baby front. I am feeling no complaints and definately NO signs of impending labor, as some of you do.
The pictures are all awesome, as is the newest birth story, sounds like you had an easy time, indigoliliy-- awesome for you and great inspiration for us.
Christy- I can't believe that it is warm enough for you to need fans on already. As I have mentioned before, I am jealous. The high temp here today if 39 degrees-- I hate this weather.
Since we are sharing pictures, I will let you know that you can click on the Homebirth page, then the hb mamas rollcall, and Tabitha has a whole page of us belly shots, look under Love2all (maria). this is me at 36 weeks and ds sylas giving baby a kiss.
i hope you can find it- my brain may not be explaining things too well.

Peace all- i will check in later--maria
#78 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 03:31 PM

Egads! I can't keep up with this thread, it moves too fast!

GoodWillHunter: We've been married 3 years...it's flown by!

Had my 38 week appointment today. I'm 3 cm still 60% dilated. The dr. was asking if I was having contractions, and I am, but I've had BH contractions since week 14 so I've been contracting for months! My blood pressure was 108/68 and weight was 145 1/2 which puts me at a total weight gain of 25 1/2 lbs.

Family members are starting to drive me crazy with THEIR plans on visiting. Even my husband is starting to cave on stuff we agreed not to do, he now is rethinking. I'm so irate with everyone and wish they'd just leave me alone! :LOL My dad called my cell phone yesterday at 6:00 pm (and my phone was out in my car all day and night) and he sent me an email at 10:00 last night saying that they'd left me a message and would appreciate a call back because they needed to discuss some things. I was so mad that they thought I was ignoring them. I called them this morning, and now they've changed their travel plans for the 3rd time! So, I told my dad to talk to Matt because I was letting him do all the travel arrangements for the family. :LOL Because I'm so sick and tired of everyone elses schedule/priorities. My mom had the nerve a few weeks ago to say that she was stressed out having to schedule around everyone's schedule for her trip out here: mine, my dad's, her works....yea, like my schedule (the baby's schedule) is really set in stone at this point.

The really bad thing is, is that I did schedule an induction for April 5th...just out of convenience for my mom because she can't travel after a certain date. Well, today at my appointment I asked if I could cancel it and they told me sure. I don't want to be induced, unless the dr. thinks it's medically necessary, and she won't think it's medically necessary till a week after the due date. Well, I told my husband that he might want to drop the hint tonight that when he talks to my parents that there is a chance that my mom may be visiting when there's no baby here! That will teach them!

Is anyone else getting those frequent calls asking about how things are going? I forgot how angry I was when I was pregnant with Genevieve...however, it's coming back to me that I just quit answering the phone all together. I told my husband that's what I'm about to do is accidentally lose my cell phone.
#79 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Kayle- I think it is awesome that you cancelled your induction date. Give the baby a chance to come on his/her own, then when and IF necessary go on ahead with it. I think you are very lucky to have family coming, I know it can be stressful but they are coming because they LOVE you. We have no family nearby and no family planning a visit. I wish my mom would come but.........such is life.
Just wanted to say good call on the cancelation..
#80 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 05:32 PM

Kayle - I've got the same problem with my parents. Both mom and dad (divorced w/ new fams) live about 600 miles (10-11 hours) away. Mom does not work and wants to be here now, but will wait until I go into labor. She calls every day to "remind" me that she can come out whenever I need her... The prob is Dad is planning on being here 4-3 for about a week due to his other kids in school and his work schedule. In theory, baby will be here by then... but so will mom. I am still trying to get her to be okay with waiting a couple more weeks until I know dad will not be here.
Mom wants to stay w/us (driving dh nuts!) but dad will hotel-it (no room for 3 more kids in my apt!)
Both are nagging that they want to be here at the same time but they fight, and the step's don't want to see the other. : And I'd feel bad kicking out mom every day so dad could come over...
So, we just put our foot down. I told both that I did not want them here @ the same time, and the details would have to be worked out when the baby gets here.
Anyway, it's a lot of drama.
We decided that *no one* could come up to visit until we call, though they could make tenative plans. And no one was allowed to stay more than a weekl total. (This was more for mom than anyone else... she'd stay a month if we'd let her!!)
I know it's hard w/family scheduling visits...
IMO, make *your* plan. Tell your fam how long you are comfortable with them visiting, and if necessary, try to get them to plan on visiting when the baby is 1-2 weeks old - then you'll feel like doing more, too. I'll get off my soapbox now! good luck!!

I'm also glad you cancelled your induction date! Baby will probably thank you!

elsanne - you can click get more, and type the "code" into your posting for the smiley. Preview before posting to make sue you have it right... I always misspell or forget something!
#81 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 05:48 PM

I got back from my appointment a while ago everything is fine still the same. the contractions didnt do anything Thank god. my blood pressure was 120/70 and the babies heart rate was in the 150 Chloe is doing fine. well I better go hope everyone is doing ok.

Christina

#82 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 07:37 PM

here are birth photos if anyone was interested. Blue Violet posted them for me on her site! (Thanks BV)

http://home.earthlink.net/~eaglefalc...rthphotos.html
#83 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 08:50 PM

Indigolily~ Your birth story was wonderful! Your pictures are even better! Such a sweet looking family! I am so glad everythign went so well for you!

Christina glad your appt went well. I go to the dr tomorrow. I am sure nothing has changed LOL. I seem to have a sucky cervix!:LOL

I think its great that everyone has family who wants to be there.. I have never had anyone come for me with any of my kids.. My aunt is coming this time around because I asked her.. My mom got wind of it ( its her older sister) and so she is coming with her now.. The thing is i have asked my mom to be here for the other two which she never came.. First time for everything i suppose.. Theya re staying the 12-16th and staying in a hotel.. and getting a rental car.. So thats that :LOL
Today i did have some contractions.. Yea me I did Also i had some lower back aches! But that went away!:

Tomorrow while we are in town for my appt we are goign to get dh hair cut ( thats the nearest barber is in town a hour and half away LOL sick huh)
Then we are also going to go play putt putt.. We were going to go to the zoo but I think that playing putt putt would be better because i wouldnt have to stand around all day. This way I can sit while theothers go play! We will go to the zoo another day! Besides between that and my appt and the other thing swe have to do tomorrow it will be later by the time we got to the zoo. Its a hour just from where my dr office is.. Not sure why i am telling you all this lol but oh well. .
Kaylee you have to stay on your toes in here.. We a bunch of chatty mamas!!:LOL
#84 of 197 Old 03-22-2004, 09:53 PM

Well, here's the update. First of all we live 8 hours away from both sets of grandparents. We don't care to have anyone at the hospital for the birth, therefore, we really won't be telling anyone when I go into labor. It's not like anyone will be able to make it!

Matt talked to my mom today and basically said that regardless of how hard it is for them to make travel plans, they are just one set of family members that we are trying to coordinate with. My mom said told him that it didn't matter how hard it was for us...it was still harder for them. : Yep, that's my mom. She tells us we're the ones making a big deal about it and that scheduling has been harder for them. Ok, how about trying to schedule 3 different sets of parents/grandparents not to mention all of our siblings. We have to schedule at different times, because they'll be staying with us, and our house is tiny, and my family doesn't get along with his family, etc. Besides, they're supposed to be coming to 'help'. It's just frustrating, and really I'm to the point where I don't want any help at all from any of them because they're all being ridiculous. Oh, and just as an FYI...my mother in law scheduled to come and help with my first, and told me three days before she was supposed to come that she couldn't come. Matt and I were livid. Guess what she did? A couple of weeks later she took a week long vacation with her boyfriend. Yep, that was her priority. I'm not depending on her to show up this time that's for sure. But, we scheduled her to come way out. The first week in May, however, now she's telling Matt she's coming early because it's better for Matt's sister. What the heck? Once again...having a baby isn't about the mama or baby's timing, it's about everyone elses.

I don't know why but I have some sick sense of accomplishment knowing that none of them are going to know that I'm in labor....just getting a call saying "She's here!" Isn't that awful? :LOL
#85 of 197 Old 03-23-2004, 05:20 AM

i'm in such a funk. i can't motivate to do *anything*. poor ds..i think i'm sapping his energy too. i just want to lay in bed and cry all day. when will it end!!?

sorry for the crummy vibes, but thank you for being here.
#86 of 197 Old 03-23-2004, 10:11 AM

It's nice that so many of you have *interested* family members. Our family only lives 1 and 2 hours away and they aren't the slightest bit interested in "helping" out. sometimes it bums me out, like my mom was here last week and the entire time didn't mentions one thing to the fact that I'm having a baby soon or even pregnanant. However, I'm use to it. We never call anyone when we go to the hospital, and usually not untill we get home. Even then we don't get visitors for like a week or two. Family....

Anyone's nausea return?? Mine has, I feel like puking alot.

Squishy: Glad to hear your app went well!

Terrible insomnia has returned too!

I keep trying to check my cervix, but I can't quite reach the center to check for dialation. Anyone else checking themselves? I'm still having lots of contractions, but they are becomming quite pesky, nothing "good" and hard.

It's been cold here but is set to warm up this week, yeah!!! Getting outside will definitely help this week go by quicker. DH has friday off (yeah again!) and then monday we're going in for my next appointment when my midwife will strip me, so we could be holding a baby soon! I hope so!

I got the kids room cleaned yesterday, it literally took me all day! I think I'll lock thier door and keep them out of there till the baby comes!! How else will I keep it clean, LOL!
#87 of 197 Old 03-23-2004, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

I have been so depressed since reading about all the 'trouble' people are having with their families. I have been feeling like the only person who has no one coming to visit, not on either side of the family- it really sucks. I am jealous of those who get to have family nearby to rejoice in their happiness. My dad is just an a$$hole that he would NEVER visit me for any reason and he is so needy that my mom will not leave him alone, even for a weekend so she could make a quick visit. Please everyone, enjoy the love you get..........
That's all, my headspace is not great today so I will leave before I really start complaining
Peace- maria
#88 of 197 Old 03-23-2004, 03:50 PM

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for what I've posted about family. I'm just tired of most of our family members thinking that this is all about THEM.

Believe me, I have a MIL who is really uninterested in being a good grandmother or a good MIL for that matter. I know what's it like to have people not care. But, I'm also lucky to have my family that does care. But, that doesn't change the fact that they are selfish in their own right.

We also just had my husband's sister, her husband, and cousin come this week for a visit and didn't offer to help with unpacking boxes from our move, etc. Nor did they offer to watch my 20 month old...giving us a chance to possibly get a way for a date...yea, that's why I had to find a sitter and pay them this past weekend is because they're worthless. :LOL

Guess I won't be venting anymore....
#89 of 197 Old 03-23-2004, 05:54 PM

Mrs. Edwards: feel free to vent thats what were all here for, the good and the bad. Ya gotta have support!

I just got done weeding my entire strawberry patch, it took hours, UGH. But glad to be outside and get some fresh air again, looks like it'll be around 70 here this weekend, can't wait!
#90 of 197 Old 03-23-2004, 06:13 PM

I got two newborn fitteds today from FCB! They are so precious...and I keep thinking..."this baby is going to fit into these????". For my sake, I hope she's that small!

I've got quite a stash built up for this baby...especially considering I didn't cd my daughter till she was 15 months old. However, I have 4 newborn fitteds now and feel like I need 2 kissaluvs size 0 to make 1/2 dozen. I'm strange I know.

I don't think we're going to cd from the very beginning. Might wait till we get home from the hospital and the meconium is gone. I had thought that I wouldn't till after the cord falls off, but now I think I'll just wait till the meconium is gone. Am I bad mama? :LOL

I'm finally starting to get anxious for this little one to arrive.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page