April Mamas- Hangin' In There/16th-30th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, moms!

I haven't been on here for at least a day! :

Yesterday, yet again, I ended up in Labor and Delivery. This time with dehydration. My heartburn is soooo bad I can't keep anything down. Including water. So, I got to sit there with an IV and watch TV. I missed my Abnormal Psych exam due to this, but my professor was perfectly fine with that. My nurse, this time, was AWESOME! She was young and lots of fun to talk to. She's already decided I'll have Adam by next week... God, I hope so.

I was getting a bit weepy about having a tubal ligation because, well, it's sooooo permanent. I know I have almost five children, but that doesn't make it any easier to take away my child bearing capability. Mac totally understands. He said it's because I'm taking away a big part of what it is to be female. What a love.

Today, the heartburn is back. Lucky me. We still haven't set my c-section date. I suspect it's because he expects me to go and doesn't want to block anyone's time... I guess. I'm just really tired of being pregnant and obsessing over this baby. I decided today I would think about something else. Anything else. I'm being hyper-observant, i.e., every little twinge, I wonder if it is a contraction and should I time it. :LOL

Well, that's it. I'm tired and I'm going to sleep before the kiddies come home from school. It's like an invading army or something.

See ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 06:43 PM

Hi everyone Iam glad to hear that Christymama is still around. Lisa I hope you feel better soon. My allergies are bad today I have a headache That I wish would go away Chloe is being really active today which is good. not much else to report.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#123 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 08:41 PM

Lisa: So sorry about the indigestion. A combination of tums and pepcid works for me. I would be in your same shoes if I wasn't taking that.

Christina: I love the name Chloe. Very pretty!

I just talked to a fellow MOMS club member today and she's due a day after me...I'm due the 3rd. Well, her husband is going out of town tonight for a WEEK! I feel so bad for her! This is her second baby too, and she said the day after her first was born he had to go out of town. She has a ton more friends here than we do, as she's lived her for quite some time, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that her husband might miss it! I'm crossing my fingers for her that her baby stays put till next Friday!

I on the other hand, keep wondering if my mom is going to show up (scheduled to fly in a week from today) well...if she's going to have anything to do around here except to visit and play with Genevieve! Matt said maybe we'll at least get in one last weekend just the 3 of us (him, me and Genevieve). The weather was so nice today and if it's this way Saturday, I want us all to go to the zoo together.

Hang in their mamas!
#124 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

So, we are glad to hear from you Christy, i spent alot of time thinking about you - and then we did not hear from you........
Lisa, relax, I can hear your brain scheming your next project, take some time and relax girl...........As far as you having your tubes tied, I am sure it is very emotional and I have no advice, just know you are in my thoughts.........
i hope everyone else is still doing fine. The weather was nice here today and I sat on my butt ( an activity I am really starting to master) in the sun and let the kids run around for hours! That felt great for all of us-- except now I am extra tired and drained from the sun... what can ya do???
so in the middle of last night, sylas(ds) yelled to me as he does every night, usually just to check that i can hear, and after tucking him back in i had to pee. so while I was going pee, I figured out what BUMP was. You know for months I thought " I wonder why people write that, what does it mean?" I always thought that I needed to say something everytime I was trying to keep a thread up front..............HAHAHAHAHA.
so what the he!! does NAK stand for ?? That one i have not clued into...........
Yes ladies, this is where my college educated brain spends its time....sad, really, that these are my middle of the night wonders.
i attribute it to placenta brain at least I hope that is the cause. Still no physical signs of labor but my head sure knows it is preggo
later--Maria
#125 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 09:06 PM

NAK = nursing at keyboard

:LOL
#126 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Mrs. E-------- It has been a few years since I have nursed anywhere- my baby is 5, but i am guessing that I too will be a naker soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#127 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 09:50 PM

hi everyone! finally feeling so big and uncomfy at night that it might be easier with baby out rather than in. Heartburn pretty bad, major tums addict. Had another stomach virus type thing with all night liquid diarrea but thats over and Im rested again- but a definite setback- house sort of falls apart if Im not feeling good and keeeping things straight and'labor-ready'

lowes will finally finish my kitchen tomorrow thank god.

39 weeks today, one fingertip dilated, baby has not dropped yet. BH alot but thats been normal for months and I dont feel them really at all. I was sure this baby would be early and now Im not so sure it will ever come. Maybe one reason is I dont want to deal with all the relatives and attention afterwards..

Im in the same boat as those of you with the over-involved families. We requested a 5 day grace period to recover and bond with dh off work before the families (really the mothers) come to visit. they are both very high energy, strong ego presences and I dont want them in my space after this major event/rite of passage/ exhausting physical, mental, emotional,spiritual event/ ordeal whatever you want to call it. my mom while not quite understanding (unorthodox was one word used) respects my wishes, and will come when asked. my dh's mother on the other hand has caused a MAJOR family crisis with her temper tamtrums, and manipulations, guilting my poor DH, trying to turn him against me, insulting my family , the way I was raised, I dont remember if Ive told you guys all this already...preg. brain. whatever- she couldnt see past her own desires to what we/I was comfortable with. Big headache- she finally sent a reconciliation note when she realized her 'little boy' wasnt going to cave in to her theatrical manipulations. So it seems like they wont just show up and cause my labor to stall by being right outside the door or whatever. I can forgive her because she obviously has major issues, and Im thankful dh and I are creating clear bounderies, BUT I still dont want her to stay with us in our teeny onebathroom, onefloor, one bedroom, house for a week to 'help' me. I dont need help from someone like that and I wont have the energy Im sure to fake the sweet superficial relationship while Im stuck in the house all day wioth her while dh is at work.

thats it for my vent- its funny how women who have gone through this-birth, new motherhood, cant see past themselves to respect the needs and wishes of a new mother- exhausted, fragile, hormonal, leaking out of every orifice...

cannot believe we are almost in April- I didnt think Id get to April, we'll see... we're hoping for sunday after a long weekend dh has tomorrow off. we should feel pretty ready by then. Plus dont really want this baby getting any bigger or more solid. hope that wasnt too long. and hope everyone is doing well. My lack of posting is following my general anti social trend, but Im still reading everyones
#128 of 197 Old 03-25-2004, 10:01 PM

Ummm, Maria, how did you get to know me so well?? : I do have Algebra tonight, but, I think I'm going to turn in my homework and go to the store. I like grocery shopping. It's the only way I can spend a lot of money and not feel guilty. Besides, I want some cookies. I've decided that, since Pepcid does not work for diddly for me, I can eat whatever I want b/c I keep on throwing it up! uke

Ah, yes, college education. I have enough to spare. Anyone need some credits on child development? How 'bout chemistry? I can't figure that one out worth a damn, but, hey, I figured that out and majored in English... :LOL

Mac is telling me all about his day... Y'know last night, I called a whole bunch of people and I really don't remember talking to them.

I'm petrified as to what I said!!! :LOL

Oh, well, such as life under the influence. Hope all is well with you ladies. I'm getting antsy. I cleaned the house today... Yep. Sure did. Ha ha ha hahahahahahahahhahaha.....
#129 of 197 Old 03-26-2004, 03:37 AM

Lisa! I thought you were suppose to be on bed rest :LOL
Coco~ So glad you chimed in here! Miss you and hearing from you!! Dont worry mama the last few weeks are always the hardest and I think with the first babies they tend to be worst because you dont really know what to expect until it really happens ya know Hang in there..
Maria~ I am still here.. I just have some crappy BH and thats it.. Nothing serious and nothing to brag about I wonder how many of us will have our babies on the same day! Anyone thought of that one??
Dh has been carrying the cell phone and calls me at least twice a day while at work and says " are you in labor yet" Today I told him NO stop asking me damn it He was laughing then pulled in the drive way and came in to give me a hug and kiss and then back out the door to work he went.. Gotta catch them bad guys!
Its been super nice here to.. In the 80's.. But that doesnt help me at night when I am alreayd hot and sweating my butt off.. I havent had such a issue with heartburn lately.. KNOCK ON WOOD>>but i do have trouble sleeping and staying comfortable.. and with my hips or arms or legs going numb if on that side for two long!
well I will check in tomorrow mamas... Have sweet dreams!
#130 of 197 Old 03-26-2004, 12:15 PM

I'm so depressed right now. On another community that I'm a member of we've had 2 mamas have stillborn babies in our pregnancy group. I feel so sad for these mamas and just so helpless. I don't want to bring everyone down here, but I'm just sick about it. I do find peace with the fact that another member of the group is heading up a donation process to register a star in their little angels' names. I've personally never dealt with something like this so I have no idea what they are feeling, but I know that I feel terrible for them.
#131 of 197 Old 03-26-2004, 12:59 PM

Oh kaylee I hear ya, it is SO hard to hear about those things and especially so close to our due dates...
Hang in there, look around you in a public place and realize that all those people were born safe n sound.
#132 of 197 Old 03-26-2004, 01:12 PM

That would make me sad, too. I don't think I would handle that well at all. Not feeling well today. Woke up with icky contrax last night and couldn't sleep. Then I had a bad dream about my c-section. My subconscious is worried about it... Hell, so is my conscious! Still having icky contrax today, but, I am not going near labor and delivery. Nope not me. No no no no no no no. All they will do is make me sit there in a very uncomfortable bed and wait wait wait wait. If they get worse, then I'll think about it. Untill then, no way.

I need to hold out untill 3pm today anyway. My mom-n-dad need to go car shopping. My dad's infinity needs a ton of work on it and its more than the car is worth, so, he's gonna buy a new one. I wonder how long it'll be before he lets me drive it! It took about 2 years before he'd let me touch the infinity. Sigh. He'll probably buy a Lexus b/c that's the way he is. He likes good quality cars. : How bout he buy a Camry and give us the extra dough he'd spend on a Lexus? That way we could get a new car for Mac. :LOL Right. Just a thought. Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm very tired and in pain. I'm going to bed. Love you all. Hugs to you. Good labor pain vibes to those of you who are more than ready to pop!
#133 of 197 Old 03-26-2004, 06:54 PM

Hey everyone. Major contractions this afternoon since 12-ish. They are at least every 5 min apart but they aren't lasting more than 40 seconds, and I was told to wait till they were 5 min. apart and lasting 1 minute. Hard to say if this is the "real thing." I am 8 days before EDD, which isn't too early, really...With #1 all I had was serious back labor, never any normal feeling contrax, so this feeling is new. It's like reallllly BIG BH contractions with more of a crampy feeling and even some twinges in the cervix area. Is that what "noraml" labor can feel like? I haven't told anyone yet because I am scared it's not the real thing...I'll bet it's all just practice and I won't deliver for another week. Well, I'll see what happens....no mucous plug or anything, but I didn't lose it last time til way into the labor anyway! We'll see...
#134 of 197 Old 03-26-2004, 09:20 PM

Hi Mama's!!
Last night i had a sleepless night.. Nothign going on to make me not want to sleep.. I just felt as if I couldnt sleep.. I kept getting up and wondering around the house.. Allergies have set in once again for the pollen count is at a 12 on a scale of 1-12: Be glad when i can take my allergy meds.. so tired of stuffy noses etc.. Today I made a huge patch of banana bread muffins.. They turned out really good and are huge like you would get in a bakery! YUM! I will be munching on them all day!
I cant believe I have 17 days at the most until this baby is here. Thats if he doesnt come before that.. Today we put together the bouncy seat for him.. Have the carseat and swing all up and ready to go.. Need to stick the car seat int he truck still. Have his bags packed. I still need to do mine. I dont know what to bring really.. What is everyone else going to bring to the hospital( ifyour having a hosp birth)?? Easter is around the corner too.. I need to get the girls thier baskets ready! Seems like there is a ton to look forward to around the corner.. Well I better get going // Hang in there happy beautiful mamas
#135 of 197 Old 03-26-2004, 10:47 PM

My hips are going numb on me at night in bed too, It's awful!

Kids have gotten sick and I'm sick too, doesn't really help the plan of getting stripped on Monday. I really don't want to labor feeling like this or bing home a little one to a house full of coughers!

I'm tired. I had lots of good contractions again today-but I'm still here!
#136 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 01:59 AM

Well, my lovely and beatiful mamas.... Not a damn thing going on here in San Antonio (at least with me. Lots of other odd and unusual things going on, I'm sure. But, again, not with me) Are you seeing a pattern here?

We haven't had a day with nice sunshine in at least 2 weeks. Which is okay, but then it is humid and well, there. 70-80 degrees, mega humidity.... Everything I despise about San Antonio in the Spring and Summer. However, the wildflowers are growing and they're pretty.

My oldest three kids brought home their report cards today. I LOVE report card day. Connor has a 100 in Language Arts, 99 in Reading, 95 in mathematics, 95 in social studies, 97 in science.... Did I mention he's a smart kiddo? We had to take the Texas Assesment of Kowledge and Skills reading portion a few weeks ago. He got his results back. A PERFECT SCORE!!!!!!!! As you can see, I am extremely proud of this young gentleman who blessed me with his presence almost 9 years ago. He rocks. I told him so. I also owe him a trip to the book store. What a guy.

Natalie and Duncan are also doing well in their schooling. They are expected to meet their goals by the end of the year in verbal capabilities. Duncan has finally consented to potty training. Natalie still freaks when we mention it. They are 3 3/4 years old. And, as far as I am concerned, they need to be potty trained.

Today, I was as busy as I could be... I got my linen closet organized. I cooked a humongous dinner (if I didn't the veggies and meat would've rotted). We had roast, rice, gravy, fresh corn, fresh green beans, and fresh tomatoes. After, the kids had cookies and cream ice cream. I hit the fig newtons and the orange juice. Thank you so much to whomever mentioned prilosec and tums. It's working!!!!

I convinced Hunter to have a relaxing drink of Mama Milk at 2pm this afternoon and then I realised that these days of just me and Hunter, relaxing and nursing are almost over. That overwhelmed me....Big time. I cried and cried and cried and cried. Then I got over it.... But this evening, same thing. I am just devastated. I know it will pass and I will be okay and everything will fall into its place, such as it is, but right now, all I want is Hunter to be okay with this whole new baby thing. And I want ME to be okay with this new baby thing. I mean, Adam's birth is imminent for me. Probably within the next week. Part of me just keeps saying that's soooo far away. Ummm, NO, Its NOT!

Does anyone else feel this way? I know it's normal... but it isn't always easy....
#137 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 02:41 AM

Aww lisa! You will be ok.. The end is always so emotional for me too. I try and keep busy so I dont think of things... Then it will all hit me at once and i have one huge cry! Right now I am tryign to forget about me becoming a mom to 3 kids! I dont know how I am going to handle 3 kids sometimes i am overwhelemed with the 2 I have! But i am sooo excited.. I have never had a boy beofre! Dh on the other hand is very very very excited he keeps asking me you in labor yet. calls every day from work ... This mornign he asks me when i first woke up! I had a grouchy look on my face and said NO.. Stop asking.. He said No give me my baby :LOL He is getting so cute and excited.. He wants his son!
Soooo does anyone know where this
<<<<<<<<<<<gangsta mama came from?? I though maybe from someone in here... Since i had made that gangsta mama comment a few days ago being my silly o self!:LOL
#138 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 12:22 PM

Gansta Mama, that is HILARIOUS!

Big sigh...trying to stay comfy...went swimming yesterday and just stayed in the pool, enjoying weightlessness. It's getting really warm here. May is our hottest month of the year.

Gonna go teach class (bellydance) again...every time I am amazed that I am still teaching...but it feels GREAT to do, just not as much endurance....

from maternity eternity,
e
#139 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, tired, tired, tired. That is all. not a single other sign happening. So I still expect nothing......my other two were late, #1-15 days then I induced myself with herbs, #2-7 days and it started slowly by itself. #3-who knows what will happen, but no one is coming or calling so at least I have my peace and quiet. Except when dd is not at school and the kids fight like little animals.............
can't think-- gotta go.. maria
#140 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 02:32 PM

We are going to the kids' school carnival today. I can't believe it is already here! I am officially 36 weeks along today (according to date of conception... and boy do I know what date that was!) I'm filling up on water right now, and we took the younger kiddos to Krispy Kreme this morning. They were funny! Right now, we're in the limbo that it's too early to leave, too late to start anything, soooo...here we are. The kids are antsy and I'm having some contrax, but nothing to write home about.... Well, maybe the one I'm having now, but, like I said, I ain't going anywhere untill I can prove I'm in labor! Oh, to have my very own L&D nurse who knows what a cervix feels like!!!!! :LOL

Have a good day, ladies. I wish you happiness... AND COMFORT! Lots of Comfort.
#141 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa, that is soooooooo funny, with this one I too know the exact date of conception. I never knew with the last ones, exactly, but this was a little 10th wedding annivarsary present..................couldn't have gotten a ring or something..
peace
maria
#142 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 04:30 PM

ditto on the conception date...considering it was the only time that month!! we weren't being careful because af had *just* ended..i was i think on day 10 of my cycle. oh my my. we were meant to have this baby.
#143 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 07:08 PM

Hey, Maria, a 10 year anniversary ring would've been a whole helluva lot cheaper! :LOL

Jen, your picture is adorable. It's so nice to put a face with the name.

We went to the carnival. Needless to say, it was a biiiiig waste of time and energy and money. The kids didn't want to do the moon bounce or anything. 8 bucks a pop for the wristbands so they could go as many times as they wanted (I thought they would be a big hit!). Not a chance. We bought them hot dogs (not my kinda food, but, hey, it was cheaper than everything else!). They didn't eat them. GRRRRR!

So, we left and popped by my parents' house to see if they had bought a new car. Yep. But I lost the bet. They bought a Honda Pilot. And they bought car seats for all the kids... For the new car. The car has a DVD player in it, too. Duncan couldn't take his eyes off it! We went for a ride. Then we looked in their backyard for bugs. Found some. Picked some flowers, took some pix. If my Dad will e-mail them to me, I'll try to post them somehow. I'm internet illiterate.

Came home and went into the backyard and let Mac clean up the dog "droppings" and the dead bird that our cat, A.D.O.R. (that's his name. Additional Drain On Resources), decided to leave for us. Yummy. Then Mac got into a "I'm a MAN!" mode and started digging in the dirt. :LOL I just have to laugh 'cause he's so far removed from a Tim Allen or some outdoorsy guy! He's a geek! A sexy geek.

At any rate, I'm having contrax again, gee what else is new...
I'm gonna take a nap.
#144 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 07:43 PM

Wow busy busy this morning!.. I slept like crap last night.. I know i need to do so much still.. But i seem to put it off. This morning dh alarm went off .. He turned it off and layed back in bed with me.. ( he was going to go run) He rubbed my back because it had been hurting me all night long.. Its hard to explain it.. Its like my crack.. I feel as if it is about o split right down the center.. Rolling over is a complete mess! Only a few days to a few weeks left.. It will be OK!!!
I know to when this baby was conceived.. We got the go ahead from the dr to try and well it didnt take to long.. Which I was happy about.. Now fast forward and I am having a baby soon!!! YEA!!!!!!
Lisa isnt it funny how kids change thier minds... and the will prob want to go back next year!!!:LOL Kids are funny!!! Your parents car sounds nice! We are a Dodge and Chrysler family here. I would be shunned from the family if i got anything else.. Plus the discount we get from my dad you cant beat.... So we have a Dodge extended cab Hemi truck.. Dh dream truck.. : Just not a very pretty site seeing me trying to get in and out of it right now with my big ol belly! I am only 5'3 LOL.. gesh! anyhow I better get going... Havent heard from Christina today!! She have her baby yet!!
#145 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Ditto on the nice picture jen, it really is fun to see who we are becoming friends with here, I mean we kinda share some intimate stuff...........

Heres wishing i knew something about computers so i could add a little picture of my own-- we have beautiful children!!!!!!!!!!
#146 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 10:30 PM

nope no baby yet just been a busy day for me went to my Grandmas and grocery shopping now Iam having contractions and my back hurts yikes too much walking today other then that Iam doing fine. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow only two more weeks intil Iam induced. my Birthday is on the 13th and I will be 30 I wonder if my Dh is going to throw me a birthday party? I hope everyone is doing ok.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#147 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 10:53 PM

Hi Mamas, lots of chatting in here I see!

Today was an awesome day for us. We got up early and went to the zoo. It was great. The weather was nice too. We came home and put G down for a nap and got some QT in with one another and took a nap ourselves. Played outside some this afternoon, then headed to target for a few items.

Matt keeps on wondering if at my next dr. appointment if I'll be 4 cm. It seems everytime I go, I increase a cm. I feel like I'm just walking around with a baby about to fall out of me. Oh, if it were only that easy.

Take care!
#148 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 11:50 PM

Who knows, maybe you'll have something to talk about after your next Dr's apt. My next one is on April Fool's Day. How convenient!

Hunter is drinking my water right now. I feel like I'm gonna float away with all that I'm drinking.

You're right that we share some VERY intimate stuff on here, but, hey, isn't that what this is for?

Not much going on here...Of course, this is my third post today. Blah. I need to get Hunter to go to sleep, but he told me "No more night-night, Mama!" :LOL
#149 of 197 Old 03-27-2004, 11:51 PM

I feel the same way!!!! LIke this baby is going to just fall out when I walk!
I dont know how post pics either.. I will have to tinker around in here to figure it out.. I dont have face with my belly shots LOL. they are just belly! I have some face shots with nothing else LOL.. We take some strange pictures around here.:LOL
We got this thing in the mail for a pass to the zoo for a year .. For the whole family it is only 36 bucks.. So we are gonna go ahead and get that pass so we will have things to do this summer while dd#1 is out for the summer and we just wanna get out of the house and go somewhere.. I figured it owuld be great on days when we are broke and just want to get out as a family.. Pack a lunch and go to the zoo..

Has anyone else noticed thier boobs getting bigger! My bras are all getting tight again! I can not go up another size.. I know that when baby is born they get that very full feeling and go up a size ... But I never breastfed so they went back down when milk dried up.. Do they stick around all full like that when you breastfeed>? I will br breastfeeding this one so I would like to be prepared lol... Oh and do you change your diets when you breastfeed like need to eat more then normal .. etc?? I feel like a idiot with some of my questions but I gotta learn sometime huh...
#150 of 197 Old 03-28-2004, 04:55 AM

Hey mamas,

Today was an absolutely red-letter day. Totally great. Got up leisurely, went downtown & taught class at 11 am, afterward going to lunch with a friend, then she gave me a massage she "owed" me (and she's AMAZING--2 hours!)...then we went out to dinner at the biggest city around here (Queretaro) about an hour away for sushi, num nummmmm....

anyway so I feel good except that now I can't sleep. And oooooh comfort.

Christy I'm a first timer but I have heard that we need even more food nursing than when we are pregnant, something like 3500 calories or more per day?? I'm sure we've got some experts here...

This little bean is still super active & lots of BH contrax. Comfort. Need lots. Was thinkin', though, that I might miss this pregnant business. Could that be possible? I've had one hell of a time these last 9 months.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page