April Mamas- Hangin' In There/16th-30th - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 197 Old 03-29-2004, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mommajubilee- I am sorry about your situation with dh. This hasn't been the easiest pregnancy for me as far that goes. Dh works all kinds of hours and has become a workaholic and I'm freaking having twins and feeling like I'm going to be taking care of these children by myself for 12 hours a day while he works. It's been a constant battle and it ain't easy fighting when you are full of hormones. Hang in there girl. I'll be thinking of you.

love2all and GoodWillHunter-thanks for the compliments on my pics. I feel like an elephant.

I see my midwife tomorrow AM. Hoping my iron levels are getting back up there with the supplements I added last week.

Mrs. Edwards-I walked around at 6 cm for 2 weeks then 8 for a couple of days, praying that my baby would come anywhere!!! I think I'm already in the 5cm range now. Just from checking myself.

coco-my contractions range from BH-which I've had since 13 weeks to more intense, stop you in your place contractions but not quite labor contractions. I also have a 45 week uterus so it requires more work and needs more contractions to do it's job. they are all pretty uncomfortable these days and I will be grateful when the real ones go here so I'll know it's time!
#182 of 197 Old 03-29-2004, 07:37 PM

5, 6, 8 cm???? Dang, you women are my heroes.

Lisa: good luck with your exam!
#183 of 197 Old 03-29-2004, 11:13 PM

I know it.. I never seem to dialte.. Until its really time.. With my first it seem to take forever to get to 4.. Let alone be that way for a few days... Im not even effaced at all ... My body just waits until the last min and says Hey here I am lets have a baby today!! :LOL
#184 of 197 Old 03-29-2004, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

christy, I hear what you are saying about the spacing between the kids. My first 2 are 3 years and 4 months apart, #2 and #3 will be 5 years 3 months, and #1 and #3 will be 8 years 7 months, that to me seems like crazy spacing. I will have children in elementary school and high school at the same time.......... so much for the quiet empty nest lol..

time pretty much just rolls along here, the weather has been sooooo wonderful- in the 70's.. yippie!!!!!!!!!!!! Except that this too shall pass- I heard on the radio that there is a chance for snow on wednesday am. wtf???

My dd has school vacation next week, the week I am due. on the one hand it is cool because if I go into labor she will already be here (the kids are both going to be here for the birth), but on the other hand she and her brother can really get on each others nerves and act and fight like animals, this in turn drives me crazy on a good day, I wonder what it will do to me during my last days of pregnancy??? drive me f-ing insane, most likely.

I have an appointment with mw tomorrow, I wonder sometimes if this baby is still head down- i mean there has been some serious twisting and moving going on down there.

i still have recurring dreams about this being a free birth, and about my water breaking all over the machines at the Y. Maybe I should lighten up on the workout.

Take care all-- will talk soon....maria
#185 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 10:00 AM

I don't have a dr. appointment till tomorrow however, I think I'm going to go in to the dr. office this morning anyway. I *might* be leaking fluid. It's hard to tell but since about 3:00 this morning, either I've lost control of my bladder 5 times or I'm leaking fluid. Sure, I'm having contractions, but nothing terrible.

Matt went on to work. I guess I'll just take Genevieve up there with me. Surely, they'll just be able to do a quick check to see if my water is indeed leaking.

This is just so different, with Genevieve it broke in the tub with a huge gush. I'm just not sure what this is!
#186 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 11:52 AM

Jen, here's another hug to you, believe me I understand being mistreated by DH...aaaargh but it just sounds AWFUL what you are having to put up with right now. Major empathy from this corner of the world for you.
#187 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 01:44 PM

Got back from my Dr. appointment a while ago my blood pressure is low 86/60 which I thought was low and Iam concerned about it but my dr. was not to concerned has anyone elses blood pressure been that low he says it could be that low because Iam just done being sick. Chloe looks great my DR. guessed her weight now is about 6 in a half pounds. she is head down. thats about it for my appointment.

hope everyone else is well.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#188 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 02:27 PM

Well, ladies...I hope you guys don't kick me out of here...I'm going into the hospital tomorrow. My water wasn't leaking, or they couldn't tell it was. But, I did have a lot of mucous. I'm 4-5 cm and 70% effaced. I just can't take the chance with having no family here and no firm plans for Genevieve or the dog so the dr. said she could admit me today or tomorrow. We went tomorrow so we could get some loose ends tied up.

Remember, this has been an internal conflict for us for quite sometime.

I hope all you ladies stay healthy and happy while I'm gone!

Kaylee
#189 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 05:18 PM

HI All!! Just got back form my apptointment.. Everything looks great.. I gained another 2 pounds SOOO I am at a 20 pound gain this pregnancy!: It is alot better then the other two thats for sure.. So I wont have as much to lose this time around.. I still am not dialted or effaced at all. BUT I have one last appointment on the 6th and then I am going to be Induced on the 13th.. My mom will be here the 12th.. Dr is afraid I wont make it in to the hosital in time if i go into labor on my own a hour and half away!! I am glad this is what we both wanted.. Sure it would be nice to be able to let things happen on thier own.. I dont think I would go into labor on my own personally.. I was 3 weeks over wiht dd#2 that was a mess.. Well They gonna break my water when i go in there and see what that brings.. Hopefully the big shabang!..
Kaylee good luck tomorrow.. No harrasments from me. I totally understand.. We have no family or friends here either.. ( friends that I would watch my kids that is) So I am right there with you on planning for when there is someone that can help out! You are due what 3 days later.. That baby is good and cooked by now! Good luck and You will be in my thoughs tomorrow..
Christina your blood pressure does seem a bit low.. I am not sure what causes blood pressures to be low.. I know that if they are higher they get concerned.. Will eb thinking of you too.
Thats about all on the baby front here.. I am going to go clean clean clean.. Talk to you mamas later..
#190 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 06:26 PM

Good luck Mrs. Edwards. I'll be sending you great birthing vibes and hope that everything goes great with your induction tomorrow.

I went to my midwife appt. today and Baby A is completely engaged. Yeah! I thought she'd come back up and wasn't head down anymore because I really couldn't find her, but she went way down! Baby B is still high up and transverse, but she's in a good position to come right down after Baby A comes out.

I am 5 cm dilated just as I thought, even though I know that means nothing for me. I could still go a couple of weeks, but I'm hoping with some romance with DH they will come a bit earlier. I'll be 38 weeks this weekend so that would be awesome. My mom's spring break starts then and it would be very helpful for her to come and help out after they are born.

I also have a new found sense of energy so I went walking yesterday and will try to walk today even though it's raining. I want to get as much activity in before I go into labor since I haven't been able to do anything in months.

It's April in 2 days-yeah. Anyone going to play any April Fool's Day jokes and say they are in labor or have had their babies? I might-why not! Dh is so gullable-he would fall for it everytime.
#191 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Kaylee is outta here!!!!
Where is Lisa?? Been a while since we heard from ya.
Christy, you picked a day!!! Hang in there till then.
Christina, I do not think your bp sounds too low, my normal is about 93/62- that has not concerned mw at all. You FEEL good right??
mum2lillie- you sound great, kept those two in there a good long time!! They would be fine arriving now.

I had an appointment today, mw has 2 others past due now with my edd next week. AAAAARGGGGHHHHHHHHH. Her assistant with me is a friend of mine who is an apprentice, so if mw is busy, I will still have someone to call on.

DD and DH both have thst nasty stomach virus that is going around, me and ds, knock on wood, are fine despite being the one to pick up the puke. I da not want to have this baby yet. People must be well, i need dh and dd to be here for me, my support team.

that is all, i should go and take care of someone else now.. peace
#192 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 07:43 PM

Woops, just saw this new forum!

Sounds like everything is going well for you all, here's to a bunch of happy healthy babies!!!

I am still seeing the midwife only once every two weeks, only b/c it takes me an hour and half to get to her. But I have an appointment tomorrow! So far so good.
#193 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 08:12 PM

Got the day PIcked yep yep yep!! So gotta hold out til that day!...
Yea where is LIsa! I wonder if she had another night of L&D room??? Hurry and let us know LIsa what is going on with you!!
Today I baught a bunch of tank tops.. I wont be buying nursing bras.. I am just gonna wear the tanks. I figured they will work just as well.. I still need to get a boppy pillow.. But i cant seem to find one that I like.. :
Oh maria sorry about your family not feeling well. Hope you dont catch it!! How horrible would that be.. UGH KNock on some wood for you as well..............
No spotting today after appointment so thats cool.. Hope all mamas are well....
#194 of 197 Old 03-30-2004, 08:16 PM

oooo, Kaylee - good luck with everything! we would never kick you out (only long enough to go have a baby )

christina - i don't know about the blood pressure thing. mine is usually in the 105/60 area. i wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for all the love and hugs. i wrote dh a long letter and then stayed the night in a hotel. i figured we could both use some space. when i got home today there was a message on the machine from him - he sounded normal...i couldn't tell if he had read the letter or not! (i found it in the same place i left it...and dh has a habit of missing things that are right in front of him). it was right on the fridge door though..so hmmm?
i also called his doc...he just recently increased his Paxil dosage and has been taking it in conjuction with allergy medication - i suspected that may have *something* to do with the crazy mood swings and increase in hostility. it's hard to say, but i think it's worth looking into more. it's difficult to bring that up though, because i don't want it to sound like i am blaming his feelings solely on the medication (just as i don't want to have my feelings simply chalked up to being pregnant...even if it is a factor). ah well, we'll see how it goes when i actually talk to him again.

take care everyone.
#195 of 197 Old 03-31-2004, 07:16 AM

Hi!

Frustrating night here! Around 8:00 pm last night my contrax were 4 min. apart lasting 30-45 sec, not very long but getting stronger, well over the next hour they went to 3 min apart about a minute long, it was around 11:30 and I figured as slow as I was progressing, I didn't want to be awake all night and decided to lay down. Well, I went to sleep, UGH!!!!!! Not having much of anything now, I'm so upset! I really thought that was it! I've been having quite a bit of bloody show Monday, Tues and this morning. I was really hoping the baby would come now since my grandma is here.

I think DH and I will go walk this morning for a couple of hours, and see if anything happens by 3:00, that’s when she's leaving. My luck I'll go into labor right after she leaves and get an April fools baby, saying "ha ha"!!, LOL!

Christimama: I've had a hard time finding a boppy I like too. There is a cute pink/daisy one but since we don't know what were having I better hold off on pink for now, LOL!

Mrs. Edwards: NO way would we kick you out. I know exactly how you feel!

I may break down and chug some castor oil today as a last ditch effort before grandma leaves!

Have a good day!
#196 of 197 Old 03-31-2004, 01:05 PM

ohhh bellafinn~~~ Sounds liek a busy and annoying night all rolled into one! It sure does sound like it is a start of something about to happen thats for sure! Cant grandma just stay one more day!!!! I hope you do get to have that baby while she is there.. How exciting.. Maybe you will be next.. Or maybe LIsa was the next mama.. I havent heard from her in a few days! Not like Lisa at all.. I thikn she may of went ahead and had her baby without telling anyone!!!!!!! Well nothign here. Just very moist all the time.. Its funny when i hear everyone talk about how they think thier water has broken because of how wet they are because thats how I am.. But my water has always either been broken for me or while I was in labor at hospital.. So I really wouldnt know and would expect a big gush in the grocery store. LOL: BUt My plug is still there dr told me that yesterday that I hadnt lost it yet : Boobs are getting so darn big now. Not that they need to get any bigger . I could really do wiht out this part of the pregnancy .. Anyhow i better get going going to go clean something lol.. BYE mamas.
#197 of 197 Old 03-31-2004, 03:47 PM

that must be really frustrating, bellafin. i'm sending you "come out baby" vibes!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page