April Mamas Home strech!!!!!! 1st-???? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 158 Old 04-05-2004, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else itching everywhere it is driving me crazy it feels like dry skin or something even my scalp itches. had good contractions last night and today but Iam still here. not much else to report go to my Dr. wednesday.

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 158 Old 04-05-2004, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

no no itching here... sounds like it cant be very much fun christina...
Has anyone came up with a backup name incase they have the other sex? I thought about that last night and got a bit freaked because Dh and I never really setttled on a girls name because we were told boy.. I think we are still having a boy but you know how them machines are.... SO we settled on a name today for our just in case !!! If Spencer ends up a girl he will be Reagan Parker then.. So I feel so much better knowing that we have a back up name... She will just have alot of blue cloths and firetrucks :LOL .. Everyoen still hanging in there??/ The full moon is tonight by my calander. Dh tried ot tell me that it was full two nights ago but i Said maybe it just looked it LOL>>>>> Well gotta go make something real quick for dinner..
#63 of 158 Old 04-05-2004, 09:35 PM

if Chloe is a boy we have a back up name Nathaniel James.

Christina

#64 of 158 Old 04-05-2004, 10:12 PM

Well, heck, I feel badly now! All of you other mamas just having a wonderful time! :LOL

I feel kinda sad that I won't ever be having anymore kiddos, but five is more than enough. It's kind of weird knowing I will never be there again... I've talked to a lot of people and they felt the same way after they got a tubal ligation. Oh, well. I suspect that having Adam will make it feel better....

Mac is giving the kids a bath at this time. They came back from my parent's house just plain filthy. :
Duncan is whiny because he's exhausted.

I'm tired 'cause I've spent all day at the NICU with Adam. He's coming home tomorrow provided he gains a bit of weight. His nurse is pleased with his nursing performance today, so, there ya go! I had a board-certified Lactation consultant as our nurse today, so that was handy.

I'm producing sooo much milk, it's absolutely amazing!

Connor is having a tough time these last couple of days... He's very moody and not listening worth a damn, either. Well, it's an adjustment, spending nearly two weeks with Grandma and Pop Pop and then coming home, where the rules are totally different. Sigh.

I'm glad to hear that you all are well. Hang in there... I'm still loopy from painkillers. Yep, sure am.
#65 of 158 Old 04-05-2004, 10:37 PM

Oh, and, BTW, I thank whoever gave me the DDDDC... It was like a

I know it had to be someone from this particular thread 'cause I said I didn't do it several times!!! :LOL

#66 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 05:13 AM

Coco: I'm so sorry! But, the great news is that no one has ever been pregnant forever! With my first I went into labor on my due date, but my daughter never dropped. Actually, my labor wound up stalling and she still wasn't dropping and they had to put me on pit to help. So, you can go into labor with out your baby dropping!

Lisa: I'm telling you what. With this wonderful birth experience that I've had this time around, I could have tons of babies! I sure hope my husband and I agree to have a big family (I know we'll have at least another one). I was really worried before Audrey was born that if I had another terrible delivery, I'd be nixing getting pregnant again. I feel sad for people that decide that their family is big enough. I know that has to be hard. I hope you are able to be at peace with your decision.
#67 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 09:54 AM

Well my belly isn't itchy, but I gave it an awful sunburn yesterday. We got a sudden nice day yesterday so I just pulled up my pant legs and shirt and sunned away. Wasn't until last night that I was like OWWWW! Nice and BRIGHT pink-oops. It looks so funny.

I'm so tired of all the contractions that make me think "this is it!". I had another night of them last night, strongest ones yet, but they always die down when I get in bed-UGH! So frustrating. I know it will happen, I just wish I didn't have all these practice ones!

I worked up my garden yesterday and edged some more bricks around it and it took me all day, it was hard work but it's nice to have it done. I wish I had some of my seeds to go ahead and plant today. I'm going to be putting in some grape vines and raspberries this year too, so I need to find a place and QUICK for them!

I bet mum2lillie has had her babies!! I cannot imagine walking around at 9cm!!
#68 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM

you guys this may be my day I had contractions all night and still having them Iam on my way to the doctors now. wish me the best it would be nice to have Chloe before Easter.

Christina

#69 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 10:16 AM

OHHHHHH good luck Christina!!!!!
#70 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 01:25 PM

hi all! feel much better emotionally now that Ive come to terms with not worrying or making any induction decisions until April 17- around 42 weeks. The doc. not feeling comfortable after 41 weeks gave me way too much pressure this past week. I really dont do well under pressure. so its all good. I feel ready. I really am the kind of person who needs lots of time

no baby dropping or anything else... doc. apt. today, but dont know if he will be there due to a birth. and I dont think the nurse prac. there does internals... which is a bummer. but I am getting an u/s to check fluid levels.
#71 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 01:34 PM

Well, I'm still here, too. Went to the Dr yesterday. 90% effaced, 3 cm... still. His head is so far down it can't get lower w/o coming out... He's been that way for 3 weeks. I'm worried he'll have a cone head from being stuck down there for so long!! I have contrax every day for about an hour or so, then they stop. All night long I'll have cxonrtax. But they, too stop.

They were looking to scrape my membranes -- but come to find out I am GrB pos and they won't.

After I had the test, I asked my results and was told that I was GrB neg. The nurse pract. that I saw told me that they do not tell mom's if they are pos cuz they don't feel it necessary. I told her that I specifically asked and was told no. She just shrugged and said, "well, you are." and showed me on the chart :

So I wait another week. Then they will do a non-stress test and possibly set an induction date after 41 1/2 weeks. -- And I'm okay w/ not being induced. I'd rather not force my body into something if I don't have to.

I want to have my baby!!!

My dad left yesterday -- drove 600 miles to see my tummy *sigh*
My mom is arriving tomorrow night and will drive me nuts. I want to have my baby w/o mom's intervention this time!!

Maybe soon, right???
#72 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 03:42 PM

False alarm Iam so upset I just want Chloe out. all these painful contractions for nothing. so thats my update.

Christina

#73 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 05:40 PM

Christina:
I TOTALLY feel for you, I'm going through the SAME thing!

tibdomol: I can't believe they LIED to you about your test results, that is VERY wrong. If you're positive that would give you time to think about what your going to do as far as the antibiotics and such are concerned, I don't know how they can get away with that!!!
#74 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 05:53 PM

Crazy duplicate posting....
#75 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 06:02 PM

Oh, to you Christina. I know exactly how you feel. I was absolutely in tears the last time b/c I was always in pain and wondering "is this it???!!!" and then being told to go home... Or being put in hospital... or being given labor stopping drugs... Although, this time around, it wasn't bad b/c the labor stopping drugs were niiiiiice...wooohooo! Just kidding.

tibdoml--Well, I can't say as I've ever had a baby that low before, but.. man, it must be interesting... maybe he'll stick his hand out and wave at you? And also, you should your doc's office. You should always be told the truth. Bring this up w/ your doctor. That is wrong!!!!!

Coco, you're playing the waiting game!! I wish they had a smiley playing cards or something. I'll just sit back and watch... :LOL I hope everyone goes soon and their labors go well. Mine was short.

Thanks for the empathy Mrs. E. It is hard. I cried on Mac for quite some time last night about it. Oh, well, it's done. My head says, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!! YOU DON'T WANT ANY MORE KIDS!" My heart says, "So, maybe I might later??? Or not..."

bellafinn--ummm, girl, what possessed you to go out and sun your belly?? Aloe Vera. Best stuff for ya. You crazy girl.

As for Mum2Lillie... My sister is concerned that the babes might just pop out one morning. Hope all is well with you, my friend. : are not always an easy thing, before or after birth.

Jen, where are you? Still chilly?

Christy... love your pix. Sorry I haven't been quite with it, but, as you know, having little ones often limits what you do. And that's an understatement. Hunter is having a bit of a hard time dealing with his younger brother. I just nursed Hunter down for a nap. Maybe a half and hour will do him good.

Elsanne, thanx for reading the birth story! It can go on and on, but I decided to cut it short. Our birth story goes on for seven days since Adam just got home today. :LOL The Energizer Bunny of Birth Stories. Although, I think love2all has the longest yet. Still going....

Well, going outside to play with the munchkin butts. Adam managed to poop all over me today... Ah, the joys of new babydom. It was quite impressive. I mean, I had to change my shirt and all kind of stuff. I couldn't stop laughing. : Hunter was apalled. You should've seen the look on his face.
#76 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

JUST GOT BACK FROM MY APPT.. sTILL NOT DIALTED OR EFFACED.. OH WELL : I COULDNT IMAGIN BEING DIALTED AND WALKING AROUND.. MY BODYIS THE TYPE THAT DOES IT ALL IN ONE SHOT! ONCE IT STARTS IT DOESNT STOP LOL SO THATS PRETTY GOOD I GUESS.. BABY IS WELL AND HEARTBEAT IS GOOD. THE NEXT TIME I GO IN I WILL HAVE BABY IN MY ARMS. i HAVE SO MUCH PRESSURE ON MY BUM AND IT HURTS TO WALK IT REALLY DOES FEEL AS IF HE IS GONNA FLOP ON OUT..
CHRISTINA HANG IN THERE ONE MORE WEEK AT THE MOST FOR YA.....
TIBDOML I CANT BELIEVE THEY DIDNT TELL YOU THE RESULTS.. THEY HAVE TO TELL YOU IF YOU ASK THEM.. IM SURE THERE IS SOME DR POLICY ABOUT THAT AND YOU CAN SUE IF YA REALLY WANTED.. AND FOR GETTING FALSE INFO.. i HAVE BEEN SCRAPED AND i HAVE BEEN POS TWICE FOR GSB ... SOUNDS LIKE THEY NEED TO PULL THIER HEADS OUT THEIR REARS..:
COCO I HAVE FAITH IN YOU WELL I NEED TO GO EAT SOME LUNCH HAVENT EATEN YET.. SPENT THE AFTERNOON SHOPPING AND GETTING EASTER STUFF... FUN FUN!!
#77 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 06:10 PM

Coco, I went 16 days OD with #2 and it was the WORST time of my life! I feel for you!

In fact, I'm due the 9th, but won't be surprised if baby doesn't make it until the 20th.......
#78 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tibdoml

They were looking to scrape my membranes -- but come to find out I am GrB pos and they won't.
I'm GBS+ too. Are they giving you abx during labor, or something else?
#79 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 06:58 PM

its like were all on a cliff here

just got back from doc and 80% effaced in front, 60 in back, 2 cm dilated so thats progress, no mucus plug or dropping. Had u/s showed good fluid levels, placenta looked fine, and he gave me a non stress test which was good too. so that eases his mind so he feels more comfy letting me wait. us showed 8-9 lb baby. she actually said he was off the chart because the chart stops at 41 weeks and he has quite a tummy. Im not really worried about big size, it seems like a lot of babies are big nowadays, and on these boards and they are delivered naturally.

So Im pleased with my update and not nervous about our pace. things are happening and Im a slow mover in all areas of my life. he is going to want me in every couple of days for a non stress test, but thats ok if it buys me time.

tibdoml- i cant believe youve been 3cm for weeks, and obviously engaged. That is not very reassuring for me: when are you due?

bellafin- when are you due, youve been really waiting for a while- at what week were you swept?

Im wondering if the baby just wants to be born after easter...

hang in there everyone
#80 of 158 Old 04-06-2004, 10:51 PM

Nothing going on here on the baby front. Sorry, I have been too tired to type anything at night but I have been reading and keeping up on everything that is going on....is that allowed??lol

My dd is out of school this week and the sun is actually shining... basically we have been staying busy because staying at home drives me insane after about 2 hours. DD is the most impatient one on this baby, she is sooooo upset about 'when will s/he get here?' Both other kids were past the due date so i feel like whatever happens there really is little I can do. MW will wait it out as long as the heartbeat in there stays strong. As far as dialation and effacement go, I have not had an internal exam to find that info out, although dh says it is super soft and swollen in there!!!

Well. due date is tomorrow I think.. I have lost track of the date, but I think it is the 6th today...
Oh dd and dh did a belly cast on me the other night, that was very special. Especially since it was a surprize on night after having a whole day hanging out at mw's house and letting all the kids just run around while us mamas and papas talked and discussed and made food and plans etc..........

love 2 all-peace-maria
#81 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 09:39 AM

Coco: Well that sounds like good news! You'll go soon I'm sure!

I'm due technically either the 8th or the 14th depending on who you talk to. Soooo, I'm not technically overdue but yes the waiting game has been horrendous since I've been having labor contractions FOREVER.

As for stripping, With my daughter I was stripped on her due date and went into labor within 7 hours. With my son I was stripped 2 weeks early which didn't take and then 10 days early which did take in about 18 hours. Then... This time (last week) I asked them to strip me 2 weeks early which didn't take, but my cervix was pretty high and she really couldn't get in far enough. I know stripping early is not looked on fondly around here, but hey...
I have an app this Friday and I will *ask* them to do it again, however I don't know if this midwife will do it, we'll see.

Christymama: Are you planning an induction at your next app? I think you said you were...

How many times can I say, "I AM SO READY", LOL!!! Every day I say, I hope today is the day!

Anyway, I need to clean the house today so that should help keep me busy! Thursday I get to rest and then my app for Friday, we are going to stay in town all day that day and then it's Easter weekend, YEAH!!!

Here is a little funny: My DS who is three keeps saying that there is a baby boy in my tummy, DD (5) says there is a girl in there, and they often go back and forth arguing about it! Well yesterday, DS got a sudden very suprized look on his face and exclaimed, "Mommy, maybe a puppy in you tummy"!!!!!! :LOL
I about died lauging, and tried my best to convince him I am SURE it is a boy or girl!!
#82 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 01:14 PM

Hi all nothing much to report today I havent had any contractions today but Iam all right with that I only have a week and one day intil Chloe will be here and Iam getting really excited. I have everything ready other then my bag but that wont take two long to do. well I hope everyone is doing well.

Christina

#83 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Bellafinn~ I scheduled my induction 2 weeks ago !! It is for the 13th.. I am excited.. This time next week I will have baby in my arms and not in my belly!! YEA~~~ Hes been wiggly too. Aot of butt pressure.. : I was stripped with dd#2 but it never did anything for me.. I had it done 2 or 3 times. : I havent been stripped this time at all. Just went ahead and made my date.. Somethign about my body doesnt like to do this on its own.. I would be one of them women who were pregnant forever!
Christina~ no contractions could be a good sign.. Could mean baby is resting up before the big day
Maria~ Have fun this week with your kids off for school! Mine was off two weeks ago..
My mom will be here on Monday! She and My aunt are coming.. I think I am gonna go to the store today and get some PLain white tshirts and some paints for them to take to the hospital with them so they can make tshirts.. while waiting for the big event! I need to pack thier bags like snacks and games and coloring books to keep them busy who knows how long it will take in there. Well today I am going to hang out outside with dh all day.. Nice and sunny and the rain has moved out finally but another storm is coming from cali hoping that it passes above us and we dont get any of it Talk to you mamas soon!!!
#84 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 02:01 PM

cicerosum - I have no idea. I am trying to get as much info about it now that I can -- I know *nothing* other than they will give baby antibiotics after the birth.
I thought about calling my prev OB and asking for a copy of the chart to see what they did lat time. It was never mentioned to me at all with ds#1! But they are in another state and I know I won't get a copy of my records in time for this one. I just might call anyway...

coco - I was due last Sun, the 4th. I've been at 3 cm since the 28th. It's hard not to get hung up on numbers though -- I was 1-2 am for 3 weeks before that! They want to wait another week for a stress test and to set a date... so who knows... I'll probably be preggers until June!

christymama - oohhh... I wish I could know when my babe will be here!!! You were due the 4th, too?

no cx today or last night. I went out yestyerday for some red resp tea and have been drinking it like mad. -- At least I will be flushed out before labor!

mom will be here this afternoon Hopefully she will allow us to have our space w/o getting too controlling.

Now... LET'S SEE SOME BABIES!!
#85 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 03:35 PM

Christymamma you will be having Spencer on My 30th Birthday. how cool is that.

Christina

#86 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

tibdol~ I am due the 14th.. But I have super fast labors and live a hour and half from the hospital... So we thought it was best to make sure we were in control..
That is cool christina... My 30th b-day is June 21st!! I dont know how I feel about turning 30 I cried when i turned 25 so i can only imagin... :
Ive been outside sanding my wooden bench all morning.. I have gotten pink! I had to come in and rest a bit and cool off... Hard work for a big ol pregnant lady! My flip flops broke yesterday! I need to go get a new pair they are whats comfy to me right now....
#87 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 04:55 PM

Hi all. I know I haven't been on much lately but...

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that I had my baby and it's a boy! Ryan Thomas was born by repeat c-section on Friday, April 2nd at 7:36am. He is a little jaundice but otherwise doing very well. I have only been taking tylenol and ibuprofen since my IV came out and am feeling great! You can come see his pic. and stats at:

http://www.prairielakes.com/babygall...=1134&itsa=boy

Sarah : , mama to Lucas (8) , Ryan (5) : , Andrew (1yr) , and someone new : due early Dec.
#88 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah~ Congrats!!! Ryan is so cute. He sure looks like he is full of personality! Most of us are still waiting around for our turns at baby having!!!:LOL Thats for sharing the pics!!!!
#89 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Hey, Sarah, did you bribe him to smile? :LOL

Hope all of you are well. You are often in my thoughts...When I have some, anyway... Busy day for us all, transitioning into a family of seven. Older munchkins are acting quite normal... at least as normal as they can get! We are putting in a playset in our back yard, courtesey of my in laws.

I'm doing quite well, but still have a lot of incision pain. DH says I'm doing too much. I keep telling him that if I don't do it, who will?? That usually gets him up and cleaning. We got into a fight today because he is constantly fighting with the kids (he has more "rules" than I do, so when he's home, he likes to enforce them. I'm more laissez faire when it comes to parenting. Oh, well). We didn't speak to each other for about 20 minutes, and then all was well. That's usually how it goes.... Although, I did tell him to get the hell outta my house and go do something productive. He did the laundry. Last time I told him to do that, he went and bought some milk. Whatta guy.

Hang in there, ladies. My heart and thoughts are with you. As soon as I can, I'll get some pix of Adam up for you.
#90 of 158 Old 04-07-2004, 11:48 PM

I think that if I do not have this baby in the next hour and a half, I can join the officially overdue club. YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Story of my life.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page