April Mamas Home strech!!!!!! 1st-???? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 158 Old 04-11-2004, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
congrads on your son COCO he is so cute. whos next?

Christina

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
#122 of 158 Old 04-11-2004, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Ohhh Coco~ He is just beautiful! What a good size baby he was!! I love the chubby cheeks,, You have a keeper there thats for sure! I knew you could do it.. Oh I also would like to Mention Harrison is a great name.... we are using it for a Middle name.. Was gonna use it as the first but dd#2 keeps calling him Spencer so it just stuck Congrats! He is a doll!
#123 of 158 Old 04-11-2004, 09:37 PM

Oh baby.............WOW!!!!!!!!!!
ENJOY YOUR BABYMOON!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting--lol
Maria
#124 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 03:46 AM

hi mama's!!

We did it!
Jacob Evan was born Friday 4-9 at 9:33 am.
9 lbs, 3 oz
21" long

and now nursing non stop!! (ouch, my boobs!)

I'll post my story in a few days... oohhh so tired now!

good luck to all still in waiting!!
#125 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 03:58 AM

Congratulations, Jen and Coco!!! Welcome to your sweet babes!
#126 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 05:09 AM

Wow, congrats to Jen and coco! Those are some big babies!!

Jen, how did the GBS+ thing go??
#127 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 06:35 AM

I have been up since 3 having contrax 2-5 min. apart. And I have been puking like crazy....yippie for me. THIS MAY BE IT!!!!!!!!!!
SEnd me llove vibes
#128 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 10:31 AM

OOOoooh Maria how exciting...congrats to the new babes and warrior mamas!!!!

Yesterday I had my blessingway which was the most amazing experience. Quite a party! Lots of wonderful women showed up and we did the ritual part, which was amazing...then a friend offered a dance gift, which really made me cry (I dance, therefore I am)...then the menfolk and friendfolk came for potluck and musicmakin...full flamenco fiesta as well as lots of other improv drum rhythms etc...anyway truly great day.

Now I'm REALLY ready for this baby!
#129 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 10:38 AM

How wonderful more births maybe this will be the day for me up all night with contractions and still having them Chloe dropped last night and now I feel like she is going to drop out of me at anytime.

Christina

#130 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Wow what a big boy jen! Cant wait to hear your story!
Maria woooo it could be the big day! Here I thought I would be the next to go tomorrow... I am excited about tomorrow and I am excited about today because my mom and aunt are on a plane right now on thier way here. They will be here around 3pm.. I am super excited. and cant wait. there is no turning back now:LOL I am trying to wrap some last min cleaning up... Woohoo .
Christina... I never dropped with either one of my girls.. I dont think I have dropped wiht this one either.. Hes so low now anyhow I dont think I could bare it if he did.. UGH!
Well mamas wish me luck If i dont make it make today to post.. I will try and stop in before i get to bed. But i have to get up at 3am to head out to the hospital tomorrow and we all know 3am will come up on me pretty fast. I wont be able to sleep anyhow I will be to darn excited!!! Talk to you mamas soon... and happy baby birthing!!!!!!
#131 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 01:52 PM

maria and christina ~ love vibes to you!!
#132 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 09:14 PM

Iam still here but the contractions are still here but nothing that would tell me its time to go to the Hospital. Christymama good luck tomorrow.

Christina

#133 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 09:31 PM

ok, i know i've done this before, but i'm not sure what i'm experiencing here:

up until now, i've had *no* signs of anything happening. today though i was feeling mildly crampy (like menstrual cramps) at the park with ds. as the afternoon as passed, it has progressed to a feeling of *very* intense menstrual cramps or sometimes the feeling of. they come about every 5 minutes or so and last for maybe 10-20 seconds. i don't know - just BH? i didn't have this with ds...just lost my plug and started having contractions.

what do you think? :
#134 of 158 Old 04-12-2004, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Jen it could be! Bodies are so different.. You would think that since I have been through it that I would know to.. But its been different each time: :LOL
I am so excited. Today we did the last touches of cleaning.. My mom and Aunt got here and we all went to dinner and visited awhile.. They will be here to pick me up at 4am!!!!!! I need to get some last min things together for the hospital and get to bed... I gotta get up early at 3am! I will see ya all on Thursday when I get home from the hospital! Take care mamas and happy Birthing!
#135 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 01:23 AM

Sorry I haven't been around my beautiful ladies, but DH took the internet connex away while he's on vacation... Meaning, he needed it. Yeah, right.

to you Christy, thinking of you tomorrow and tonight. BTW, loved your pictures! You're beautiful!

Coco, Harrison is GORGEOUS! I hope we can all get together one day and see what our babes think of each other! Of course, your whole family is gorgeous! It's sooo good to put a face with the name.

MJ, hope you're next!

Christina, hope you are well. Thinking of you often.

Elseanne, did someone have a margarita for me? Chips and salsa, perhaps? I wish someone would throw a party for me!!!! Please! :LOL

Hey, Maria, hope you are doing well.... Think of you often when I have the overwhelming desire to clean.... :LOL

Jen, Jacob is a big guy! Wow! And I thought my 7lb 1 oz was big... It was, for me!!!

As a side note, Adam has his two week check up tomorrow... Should be fun! We were concerned that he wasn't nursing enough, but I weighed him today at our Lactation Center (The hospital I work for provides free lactation consulting as a service to the community) and he had gained well over 3 ounces in three days. Babies are supposed to gain 1/2 to 1 ounce per day. I guess we're doing okay!!!!

By the way, have I told you wonderful mamas how much I adore you????

Just thought I'd let you know during the most incredible time of each of our lives!!!!

Much love
#136 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas!
Thanks Lisa Glad you liked the pictures...
OMG I should be asleep tomorrow for I have a big long and tiring day ahead of me.. But I can not sleep. Not one damn wink,, Toss and turn toss and turn.. So I finally looked up at the clock and it said 230.. My alarm set for 315 .. Thought might as well get up now rather then lay there and get a half hours sleep and be even more tired. I got maybe a half hour total tonight. UGH
I am going to be one tired ass mama. Hope this birth is as smooth and as easy with my last one! I slept through all that one and then woke up pushed once there she was :LOL My luck it wont go that way!.. Dh is snoring away!! I want to kick him for being able to sleep at the drop of a hat: He is coming to the hospital later. So the girls wont have to be up so darn early. My mom and Aunt are going to be taking me.. This way we can spend a few hours just us women and bonding.. Well I better get going .. Im hungry! LOL go figure. I want some krespy creme donuts.. Been thinking of them all night as I tossed and turned...
#137 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 07:15 AM

Christy, I couldn't sleep the night before my induction with my #2 DS. I hope you get a nap in some where. I didn't.
I am wishing you the best birth you can have. Good luck and happy birthing!
#138 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 09:20 AM

WE DID IT!!!!!
It is a boy, no name yet, born at home Monday 10;32am
7lbs14oz blond hair and beautiful
will post story later.

go everyone!!!!!!!!
love ya
#139 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 10:03 AM

This is so exciting more babies. Iam still here Have a Doctors appointment this afternoon hey maybe I will be dilated to 4 and they will keep me wishful thinking. Today is my 30th Birthday. I will update when I come back from my dr appointment.

Christina

#140 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 05:04 PM

Hi everybody,
I havn't had a chance to read all the posts, but...

WE HAD A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Cecily Mae was born 12:28am Monday morning, I went into labor on Easter and had her just after midnight after an INTENSE 2 hr labor! I'll give details later, but I went it to be checked and at 10:30 pm i was a 1 and they were sending me home as soon as they got me off the monitors the contractions got alot stronger but they were still sending me home. I asked if I could hang out in the waiting room, the nurse thought I was silly but said sure, 15 minutes later my water broke and I was a 4 and had her in my arms in another hr and 45min! They couldn't believe it! Anyway she weighe 7 lb. 7oz.

We are so swamped and I've got hundreds of e-mails so I'll try to check in soon, good luck!
#141 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 05:52 PM

So I see I'm not the only one, YEAH! Congrats to all the others who've had their babies!

tibdomol: My nipples are hurting too, I don't remember them hurting this bad before!

Here is a link to Cecily's hospital photo:
http://www.carle.com/cfh/WebBabies/default.asp?id=7954

Good luck Christina and Christina!!
#142 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 06:04 PM

Congrads bellafinn on your little girl.
My doctor appointment went well My blood pressure was 118/62 which is great. babies heart rate was 130 beats per minute. My doctor checked me and Iam still the same 1cm 50 percent thinned how is that possiable with all those contractions I was having. here is the good news they may induced me tomorrow night instead of Thursday I so hope they do. I wonder if Christymama had Spencer yet?

Christina

#143 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 07:29 PM

: : : : :
#144 of 158 Old 04-13-2004, 08:08 PM

They canelled my induction for Tuesday and the kicker is I dont have a sitter just great Iam so pissed right now.

Christina

#145 of 158 Old 04-14-2004, 01:47 PM

thanks everyone for the congrats and compliments

And congratulations to all the new arrivals

Things are going well here, I think Harrison is a really good, not randomly fussy babe. Nursing seems to be going well now after a little bit too big of a weight loss scare. Also had a little jaundice scare as well but both are resoved now thank goodness.

Bellafin, congrats on cecily, shes a doll. I must say I cried for a second after reading your story, jealous, I guess...I really went through hell- I havent wanted to say anything til we're all onto the the next stage, but it was just a very very hard 30 hours for me.

I am so thankful for my little guy and feel very positive about the way everything was handled, the hospital, and nurses and my doctor were all wonderful.

Im so glad to be on this side of it.

And Im so thankful Ive had you guys for literally the past 9 months!!!!! Im going to tear up again here- I think I was trying so hard to keep him in the first trimester, that it was just really hard to get him out when it was finally time. Thank you all for your support- I cant believe Im a mom

#146 of 158 Old 04-14-2004, 01:57 PM

Hi mama's. I finally got sleep and have time to post our baby story!

I started having cx at about 1 am Friday. By 3 am they were about 10 minutes apart and too intense for me to sit, stand, or sleep.
I woke DH and told him to get ready. He started coffee, gathered all our remaining things, and checked in on me constantly. I called the hospital at about 3:15 and told them that I was having cx about every 10 minutes. They told me to try a bath or shower and see if they continued for another hour, but to call or come in of they got too intense. (At the time I was handling them well)
I took a bath - afraid that I'd have a hard cx in the shower and pass out! By 3:30- 3:45 they were getting really hard.
After the shower, the cx got more intense - especally in the back! - but were still about 10 -12 minutes apart.

So I hung our until about 4:30, then after a huge hard cx, decided "what the hell..." and told DH to get the van. In the 30 min ride to the hospital -- 1 cx. I was praying they would not
stop!

So we get to the hospital. I had to walk all the way thru emergancy to regisaration. Stand while the lady dinked on the phone and got my paperwork, walk all the way back thru emergancy and to the other end of the building to the elevators that went to l&d. By this point I was getting pissed -- I was obviously in labor and stopping every couple minutes to catch my breath or have a cx, and no one offered a wheel chair or anything!!

Up in l&d I was put in a "pre-check" room where I was pretty much left alone for an hour while they hooked me up to a external monitor. After checking my cervix (6 cm!!) I was given a room. By 5 am the l&d floor was BOOMING! There was not one bed left empty! They had to have another dr saty thru the morning to help!

By the time I got to my room, my back labor was so intense I was crying, and hardly able to breathe. It felt like I was getting hit by a truck with every cx. I have never felt pain like this. Labor with ds #1 was nothing compated to the back labor with Jacob. I demanded something for the pain, and requested the lowest dose to start. -- I did not want to have drugs at all, but was violently ill from the pain in my back. I rested for about 2 hours, and the dr came in at about 8:30. I was 8 cm, and it was decided to break my water to speed up the process. I was ok with it - I wanted it to be over! I was hooked up to an IV and given anti-biotics for the GBS.

Jacob was facing the wrong direction, and I flipped to my side to try and get him to roll over. By this time, the meds were gone and I was in agonizing pain again and hysterical for relief. DH tried everthing to help - rubs, counterpressure, but nothing worked. After about 30 mins, I asked for more meds. It was ok'd, anf the nurse left to get them. I felt it took her too long (4-5 cx) and started screaming for her, paging her, & finally she came back. She gave me a small dose again. It really did not help much...

I felt the urge to push, and told her. She said that I needed to wait cuz the dr was prepping for a c-sect. (for someone else). After 2 more cx (with me gently pushing) I asked her where the dr was, again stating I needed to push. She repeated not to, that the dr was busy. I told her that I was going to anyway and she needed to get him. (HA! Try and tell a mama not to push!)
The dr came rushing in a min later. It was obvious I was pushing by then , cuz he was about out! They frantically threw the room together preparing for baby.

After about 6-8 hard pushes (at one point after a push he rolled over. Talk about a wierd feeling!!!!!) He was out - and a little blue. They got him breathing good after a rub down and he was great!

The dr pushed pitocin 2 times for the delivery of the placenta (I was not happy about that!) and after a few minor stitches, I was all better!

DH held baby and I showered, then nursed. He's a wonderful nurser, and is certainly a mama's boy. Last night he slept 4 hours, nursed, then slept 4 more. Was awake for 3 hours this morning, and is now napping. It's awesome!!

Here's a link for his pics!

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9Q9Z7H7W6S

BTW... my mom is still here, and driving us nuts! not helping out, and talking about extending her stay!!! AAHH!!

Are we starting a link/forum for us after babies are here? Do you want to have a thread in Birth & Beyond??

Phew... that was a long story!!! Hope you like it!
#147 of 158 Old 04-14-2004, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Spencer Harrison Here!!

Birht went well.. Labor a total of 5 hours. pushed maybe 4 times.. Had a huge crowd cheering me on and was in amazement!:LOL Hes beautiful.. my biggest baby yet.. 8 pounds even and 20 inches even! But he looks so darn small.. Nursing is going well.. I have sore nipples and when he nurses I have the most horrible after labor contractions... Worse then what they were in labor to be honest! Everything went well and we came home in 24 hours!

So glad some more mamas have had thier babies.. I dont have alot of time right now.. I will be back to read all the posts and post our birth story!
#148 of 158 Old 04-14-2004, 08:32 PM

Iam so happy for you Christymama Iam glad your labor went well. please do share your Birth story.

Christina

#149 of 158 Old 04-14-2004, 08:39 PM

THEY'RE HERE!!!! Wow, it's taken so long to catch up and everyone's had babies---I've missed so much. Looks like we share birthdays with a couple of people.

My girls were born Good Friday, April 9. Amelie Grace was born at 11:28am and weighed 6 pounds 8 ounces. Isabella Margaret was born at 6:09pm and weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces. Yes they were over 6 1/2 hours apart and born at home!!! It was not an easy labor or birth like I hoped it would be, being at 9 cm and all. My uterus was measuring 49 cm Thursday night when I started laboring. It was very over-extended and we had to do a lot to keep it working, but gratefully I had patient midwives who were willing to wait as long as it took to get the babies out.

Pictures are up-please enjoy:
Amelie and Isabella

So far they seem to be fraternal. We think that Isabella may have even been conceived a few days before Amelie so I'm going to check out my chart.

Congrats to all the new babies!!!
#150 of 158 Old 04-14-2004, 10:39 PM

maya soleil was born at 6am on Tuesday, April 13!

8 lb. 5 oz.
20 in.
BEAUTIFUL!!!

will post story later.
congrats to all the other new mamas!

Jen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page