May Mamas...End of April - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like the new board design. Very cool.

I just bought a crockpot this weekend. I think it will be great to have over the summer especially since it won't heat up the whole house. I think it will be handy to just throw everything in in the morning and dinner will be ready when DH (oh, that sounds so dang domestic!!!) gets home from work. I'm also thinking that this will be a life saver if we happen to have the early evening witching hour with babe... this way we can just serve ourselves from the pot when we can. Thanks for posting that site Sarah's Mama.

On a not so fun note, I get the GBS test today. Not looking forward to that. I'm at appts every week now. Holy Macaroni!

This is my last week of work!!! ahhhhh! I dont' know whether to be happy or scared outta my wits!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 11:02 AM

karenpl, it was nice meeting you, what a surprise!!!

thank goodness i'm not the only one who hasn't cooked in advance yet. dh doesn't like freezer meals and when ds was born we really didn't need any, i was watching the baby and dh cooked. but i figure, with 2 kids it might make sense, we'll have our hands full.

we've been trying for weeks to get ds's dresser painted, so we can move his 1000 clothes in there and make room for babyclothes and diapers in the old dresser/changer.
i also want to get a little playarea ready for him on our porch with a swing and a sandbox. people under us might get a sandshower now and then, but i need sth special to keep him happy.

i'm getting stiffer and achier every day and totally regret not to have done any stretching or yoga during this pregnancy. but it's hopefully only a month left...
#63 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 01:15 PM

Hey everyone,
You're all so prepared, making meals and all. It's all I can do to make meals during the regular work week! The crock pot recipes look like a good option, thanks for the link SarahsMama. Hopefully, once work is over (2 1/2 more weeks) I can be more "domestic." However, I've got a good community of friends here at the seminary and they usually make meals for people after a birth. It may not be the food I'd eat on a regular basis, but I'll take it for the first few days!

We had our first baby shower this weekend. It was an "all ladies" shower at church and I hardly knew most of them. But, we got lots of nice things and not a lot of junk, which is good. Someone asked me where the birth would be and I said "at home." I could hear it making it's way around the circle..."oh, at home..." Also, on the invitations, we indicated we'd be cloth diapering with a link to the website where we've registered for basics. I received no cloth diapers at this shower, but lots of comments from women (all older than me who used the old kinds of pin diapers) "cloth diapers are a pain...disposables are so much easier..." and "don't feel like a failure if you can't make it work...it's okay to give up..." I held up for myself pretty well, however, since it was a church group, I used the argument that I just couldn't justify it on a level of being a good steward of the earth...blah blah. One lady came up to me privately and said "I think it's great that you're going to cloth diaper and I don't know why those ladies felt it necessary to tell you what they did." It was all quite funny, actually,and I'm sure it's the first of many times I introduce new ideas to people in the church. That's kinda what DH and I feel is part of our mission in life.

Sorry that story was so long...just figured you'd all appreciate it. We have another shower this Saturday given by our friends at the seminary, so these folks know us a little better and it sould be a bit more fun. Plus, it's co-ed!

My mom comes this week and I'm taking her to my mw appt. on Friday. Should be fun.

Have a good week, everyone.
#64 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 03:04 PM

So...
We had our baby shower this past Saturday...
And would you believe we still need to get a few things?! (the baby monitor most of all!) But we got a lot of cute stuff, and many things we needed, and it was fun (I even saw a friend I hadn't seen in over a year! That was a nice surprise)...
But I feel bad because I admit I ended the day rather disappointed! Has anyone else had this sort of "slump" after the shower?

For me it was a combination of things--somewhere in the middle of all the pastels and boy-things (now I wish I hadn't told anyone what we were having--oh, the trucks and trains and FISHING equipment! And blue, blue, blue!! My FIL is an avid fisherman, and though I wish it was different, I just KNOW he would NOT have purchased the tiny fishing pole if we were having a girl. This is a man who wouldn't let me pick up "heavy" things even when I wasn't pregnant!) I noticed that there was nothing that stood out about this shower--it was fun, and it was very nice, and there was good food and friends and family
(my husband's family, I'm not close to my family--my father and brother know I'm expecting, but pretty much have ignored me all these months; they didn't come to my wedding either)
--but it could have been any suburban mom-to-be's shower. NOT to say there's anything wrong with that...but I'm a Pagan faery-mom, dammit! There should have at least something that was more me there...I read stories of these amazing blessings and beads and hennaed bellies...and I feel sad that it just would NOT have happened at my MIL's place (and the people who would have done things like that are many miles away...). She even told me that the reason I may not have received a breast pump (and it's not the money--I registered for a hand-pump that was less than $50) was because "some people may think it's embarassing".
What ever. I bought the damn thing myself the next day. Along with returning some of the more heinous clothing. We did get some really cute things too, though.
And we also had a co-ed shower. My husband was there, along with a few of our male friends, and his father. But my best friend's husband kept making stupid and rude comments throughout it, so I wish he hadn't come now.

And I miss my friends who are far away (I'm in New England, they are in California), who WOULD have made the shower more interesting. These were the people who gave me incredible things as wedding gifts, and never let me forget that I was still me.
I went home and cried because I was scared that I was losing myself to motherhood.
The other reason the slump happened was because this was something I was looking forward to and now it's over...now I really AM just waiting till Baby is here! I'm nervous!

So I had a weekend of mixed emotions. After washing the clothes and putting together some things like the stroller and bouncy seat, and returning the not-so-great diaper bag in favor of a much cuter and easy-to-carry one, and finally acknowledging these feelings, both good and bad, I feel a lot better and back on an even keel.
I guess I have no excuse now. It's time to pack for the hospital.

p.s. I hope no one thinks I'm being ungrateful. I just had a lot of mixed moody emotions this weekend. Gosh, I got things I needed and planty of luxuries that baby won't need for a while! And all in all I did have fun. I'm just getting kinda emotional, you know?
#65 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 03:53 PM

Hi all-

Renae, I know how you feel about the shower thing. My shower was similar, a lot smaller, but still a very "average" shower (no henna, beads, blessings, etc.). Of course I appreciated everything and was very grateful to my friends who threw it and the friends that were there. And actually, I got quite a few things that I needed and wanted. But sometimes I find myself getting upset at how much money is spent on things that I don't really need, that are cute, but not necessary. I am so thrifty, and that $50 pile of brand-new pink outfits could have been 3 dozen cloth diapers, KWIM? But overall, we also got so much great stuff from friends for free, hand-me-downs like a carseat, bassinet, etc.

Also, I took it upon myself to do the fun, "me" stuff at other times - I henna'ed my belly this weekend, I got great artsy pregnancy photos done, etc. Sometimes you've gotta take matters into your own hands!

So I am huge, uncomfortable, whiny, READY to have this baby. I feel like it could be any minute, literally. PLEASE don't let it be another 2 weeks, PLEASE!!

Have a good week everyone-

Sarah
#66 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 04:06 PM

Jacqueline, I got the same thing about cloth diapers before ds was born. But they're really not that hard! Just make sure you get all the dipe tucked into the cover (to prevent wicking) and you'll be fine. Honestly, I don't know why people who've never used cloth feel the need to advise against it (probably the same thing as formula users advocating against breast milk, hospital birthers advocating against home birth, etc. ).

And Renae... even if they didn't know the gender now, they'd nail you with the gendered stuff later, believe me (we go through that, and dh and I basically have to try to balance out the trucks etc. ourselves). And you can be a pagan faery-mama, no matter what kind of shower you had. Personally, I dreaded (and disliked) my showers... they don't represent what motherhood is like, though!

I'm pretty crabby. Not sure why. I feel very slightly under the weather... I've been having nausea in the a.m., which is not fun, and a resurrection of ovary pain. We're doing perineal massage, but for whatever reason, it's almost intolerable for me (but I tolerate it because I sincerely hope it will help me not to tear). Still have BHs, but not as many. According to dh, my cervix might be moving anterior, getting squishier, about a fingertip dilated. Whenever I have a crampy BH, I really visualize my cervix opening... I decided to schedule another massage for this Friday (my pre-mother's day gift to myself ). I'm also thinking about doing acupuncture sometime soon, but I need to try to figure out whether it's safe in conjunction with VBAC. My brother's b-day is in 1 wk--that's when I really, really want to have the baby.

I've been thinking about our collection of May mamas and hoping someone will have a baby soon. I'll do it myself if I can.
#67 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 04:46 PM

Renae...... I know what you mean about the emotional stuff! Hard to control! I had a moment myself last Friday. Our house is a mess and needs a mojor overhaul of clutter dispersion, dusting, and organizing. I started to do it myself, as DH is working overtime a lot lately and too tired in the evenings. I managed to get 1 1/2 shelves cleaned off and baby things on it, but that was all! i was so tired! I poop out so quick. I looked around at everything else that needed done, and felt VERY overwhelmed! : I thought about how unprepared I am for this baby, physically and mentally. I have mainly been caring for others (dh, ds, grandmother, animals, etc), and neglecting myself. I felt SO guilty! Then I thought about how I am going to deal with TWO now! Especially during the adjustment period in the beginning. Anyway, I just started bawling!! I cried about an hour I guess, when I had to stop because I needed to go give a riding lesson.
I told Dh about it later when he got home. He felt really bad for me and promised he would help out more. So this past weekend we really got rocking! It was very hard work, but worth it, we got our bedroom in order (where we ALL sleep), and that was the most urgent and worst off. So now I feel good about things again. Just 3 more rooms to go, and they aren't TOO bad. So hang in there! I am sure we are ALL going through very emotional times, we are allowed to cry and vent, that is wjat makes us human! HUGS to everyone! Elfmamma
#68 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelves
I am sure we are ALL going through very emotional times, we are allowed to cry and vent, that is wjat makes us human!
Hear, hear! I think I've cried at least three times in the last week: once over what to eat for dinner, once over my dh trying to joke with me but I wasn't in the mood, and one actually legitimate, over becoming a mom any day now and still not knowing yet if I got into full-time, 50+ hours per week grad school that starts July 7th!!

Sarah
#69 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 05:45 PM

Gosh, gone for a few days and everything has changed!!!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and hangin in there.

I am spending my days on my left side and taking Passion Flower, Hops and Evening Primrose for my blood pressure. It was really high last Wed and i had to get some blood work and a urinalysis done...all was good though, just this dang high blood pressure. On Friday though when I had my appt it had gone down....YEAH!!!! SO I am still doing the same things and hoping it stays down, I get another check today. We also did an internal...said I wouldn't but she really wanted to have some idea of what was happening given the blood pressure thing and I am dialating on my own (up to 3 cm) and 60% efaced....Means nothing...but then yesterday I lost my mucus plug!!!! So, guess we're gearing up.

Thanks also for the info on the Vit K. I think we'll go with the oral dose as well.

Take care mammas and hopefully we begin hearing some birth stories soon!!!!!!
#70 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 06:02 PM

Hi May mamas-to-be!

I've been out-of-touch with this group for a while, but I've been reading all your updates -- just haven't posted my own. Feeling kind of reclusive, I guess...

Just wanted to say hello again and send everyone hugs and peaceful birthing vibes as we approach the month of May!

warmly,
claudia
#71 of 115 Old 04-26-2004, 06:08 PM

hi May Momma's,

checking in and getting sub'd to the new thread, I sorta lost track of everyone in the other one

I've been having lots of Bh too, some pretty darn painful! I've been to the hospital twice to try to move the baby and both times I got there she was head down already! My appts are on Thursdays now and every Thurs for the past few weeks they have checked her position and she's been either transverse or breech, so they gave me the choice of doing the version or scheduling a c/s. Luckily she was head down both times I got there for the versions, so I didn't need them, but it was pretty stressful thinking about them! I'm pretty convinced she is still head down now, and my OB thinks because she keeps flipping they should induce me at 39 weeks if she is head down. I'm not too keen on being induced so we shall see, everyone around here thinks I'll have her this weekend anyway. Sure hope so!

Cloth diaper service is ordered and will start delivery on Monday, I'm pretty excited about that, I won a cute dappi cover on ebay the other day plus the service provides 4 to use, now I just gotta learn how to fold them, heh. I have some handmedowns to practice with though, plus a woman I know gave me a TON of medium and large covers, mostly pro-wraps, so I have lots of those just need to get some more small ones probably. Really excited about that!

Nothing else is new, about to walk to the school and get my kidlets. I'll try to keep up better I just get so darn behind then I feel like I don't have anything worthwile to post about, ya know?
#72 of 115 Old 04-27-2004, 10:54 AM

Hey there, ladies. Livin' large, ain't we ... :LOL

Just wondering how everyone's labor/birth preparations are going. You all feel ready to relax? Steady for the surges? Born to breathe?

Gosh am I silly today. Must be time for one of those laughing/crying jags that seem to be showing up ever couple of days.

Had a weird dream about labor last night. Very weird. Anybody else dreaming about their labors?

#73 of 115 Old 04-27-2004, 12:47 PM

Hey hey mamas!

*phishmama grumbles*...crazy, prepared, on top of things, freezer mamas! Pppttthhhhbbbb Nah, I'm just jealous. I always say I'll do that and then never do.

Good to see ya back, Turbo!

Pottermamma-I hope your bp stays down for you. Mine has been up and down but not as bad as with my other two boys. Plus, no swelling or sudden weight gains or protein in my pee this time around so pre-e might actually just be high bp and that's all folks for me!

Merpk-yep, as a matter of fact, I just had a very vivid dream on Sat or Sun evening about my whole L&D...as in, I actually DID the whole L&D complete with birthed boy that we named Silas! It was so intense that I actually felt tired when I woke up, lol.

That's about it for me. Our fridge died suddenly yesterday so we had to buy a new one and got a super phatty deal on a GE side by side. I had a lot of contrax most likely as a result of all the running around and then cleaning and switching out fridges yesterday. Otherwise, I'm just cranky, weepy, crampy nauseous, and am fast getting board of feeling like blech all the time. Lovely, huh?

Take care, mamas!
#74 of 115 Old 04-27-2004, 06:04 PM

I love using colored text!
First of all, thanks to all of you mamas who responded to my moodiness regarding my baby shower. I felt so much better reading what you all had to say and it made me feel like I wasn't alone.
What's up with me this week?
Well, I have been trying to read (and finish!) my Hypnobirthing book because our LAST class is Sunday!! I don't want the instructor to think I was being a flake so I have to finish the book! Even my DH finished it, for goodness' sake! :LOL
And I have been slowly but surely trying to pack for the hospital, I'm 37 weeks this week and though I don't think I'm that close to labor (darn it!) I want to be packed before my 38th week. I wonder if that's possible...
Am I prepared for labor? I think so. As much as I can be. I'm getting really excited! As for the freezer meals...: I am working on it. I'm not as awesome as some of you other mamas, but I'm planning on what I can and WILL do before my little boy arrives.
Oh, and I found our pediatrician this morning!! I rock! He's the third one I've met over the past few months, and I really, REALLY like him! He is in tune with everything my husband and I wish for our baby and family, he goes to the hospital we are delivering at, and though he talked a mile a minute, he really listened and took the time to answer every question I had. I am so happy I have one less thing to worry about now!
I am meeting with one more Dr. next week but that's it. And I'm pretty sure my decision has been made.
That's what's up right now. I see my OB Friday.
Oh, an issue these past couple of days (it's a recurring one...): constipation. No matter how hydrated I keep, no matter how much fiber I think I've added to my diet...my lower belly hurts all crampy, and there's NOTHING (ahem-if ya know what I mean) I can do about it. Eeeew. I feel bloated and yucky.
I'm ready to meet my baby! I'm ready to be done being pregnant!
#75 of 115 Old 04-27-2004, 10:13 PM

This is me. On my due date. Just waitin'.....

How are you all doin? Just wanted to say hi. I've been lazy about posting lately. Finally think I'm ready for this baby to come. I've got everything around the house pretty well ready, and mentally I'm coming to terms with how to handle alot of stuff once she's here. Dh and I are suddenly really nervous, and a little reluctant to give up the freedom we've come to be used to with our current dd. Shes at an age where we can go places etc. that it will be a shock to both our lifestyles once there is a wee one in the house again. It is just an adjustment, and we'll make it, it just kinda hit us, kwim?

Other than that, just fielding all the phone calls "did you have the baby yet?" For some reason that gets on my nerves. Oh well. I know people care and love me and all, but just let me be.

Take care everyone! Everytime I log on I expect to see a birth announcement!
#76 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 11:25 AM

Go, Sherri, go! (And I think there are a few others about ready to go, too.)

I had probably 1 1/2 hrs of really regular BH contrax last night (~5 min apart, no idea on the length... I was too busy). Got ds ready for bed, had my big glass of water, laid down, and they petered out (as I expected). Still, I find it really encouraging.
#77 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 11:28 AM

Morning-

Sarah'sMama, I'm so impressed and jealous that you're on your due date. I am more like and it's the day before mine!!!

But I am trying to be patient...patient...this baby will come when she's ready... babies don't stay in forever...breathe deeply...okay, I feel better now. :LOL

Anyway, had a mw appt. yesterday, all looked well. Baby's not too big, well engaged (not that I didn't know that already - hello, bladder!), and LOA. The other clients of my mws with a due date close to mine had their baby on Thursday, about 5 days early. Now I know for certain we won't go on the same day - which means I'll definitely have both of the mws and their apprentice there. Makes me feel better.

Tried to go for a walk last night with dh - we go every day that we can - but got about 2 blocks before my tailbone/sacrum started killing me. I could barely walk home. This has happened before, but usually after at least a mile or more. Don't know what's up with that. Luckily, it went away once I stopped walking.

Determined to have a good day today...wish me luck! Take care everyone!

Sarah
#78 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 12:52 PM

Aggghhhhh! Sarah and Sherri...I keep popping back on here to make sure you're still posting b/c surely your absences will mean you're busy bringing new people into the world! I am getting sooooo excited for you two and for all of us, really!

Remember girls-walk, sex, walk, sex, walk, sex, spicy food, walk, sex, LMAO!!!! (Yes, you can cyber slap me now, bah hahahahahahahhahaaaa).

Have a good day, May mamas!
#79 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 01:05 PM

Sherri & Sarah-wow! our first to hit their due dates. You're all a month before me, so I've got a little while. But, still, hearing that you're actually THERE! It's making it so much closer. Keep us updated!!!!

I woke up with a bad leg cramp in my calf this morning...it's at times like that that I wonder if I can really handle labor. Then, I remind myself that my body was made to do this...it CAN do this...and it WILL do this. Leg cramps are not helping get the baby out...they just HURT! So, while I didn't dream about labor last night, I've been thinking about it a lot obviously. I've had dreams before, though, and they're all very reassuring. I even got to "see" my baby in utero in a dream I had last weekend. Very cool.

I've been doing some birth art from the Birthing from Within book and that's been good. I've never thought of myself as an artist, so using that part of my brain is part of my labor prep. I figure it's helping to activate that non-rational, intuitive part of my brain that needs to take over for birth to happen. It also helps me to see how I really think about birth...beyond words. Pretty fascinating, really.

Pottermama-I hope your bp stays down. And, you sound like your getting close! I think we're due about the same time, so it's encouraging to me. Hang in there!
#80 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 02:39 PM

Still here....

Thanks for all your well wishes ladies. Sure makes me feel I'll be sure to post every day from now on, just so you know I'm still here.
Have an appt. tomorrow. I had dh check my cervix the other night (thanks for the idea KK). He said baby's head was "right there" and that my cervix felt verrrry thin and he guessed maybe 2cm. So who knows? I went to the store yesterday and bought some raspberry tea,, and some plain ol' raspberries. Well....dd ate most of the raspberries before we even got out of the store :LOL: she kept leaning over saying "mo' berries" and sometimes even threw in a "pees". Who can say no to that? Too funny. Oh, got some pineapple, too. Read somewhere something about that. Figure it can't hurt, right? Walking, hunting dh down, ya know, all that get labor going stuff....

KKMama-so glad your uterus is practicing for you! My BH's have been more intense the last week or so, not really painful, but make me stop in my tracks a little more sometimes, so I'm reassured by that. Told dh my uterus is the most toned muscle in my body right now.

OK, should be resting 'cuz dd is napping, but feel like playing with my scrapbooks right now.

Take it easy gals! I'll try to hop on the net if/when I ever go into labor to let you all know!
#81 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 02:59 PM

I've been feeling extra tired the past few days, and the top right of my belly has been achy when I wake up in the morning. Add my major lack of motivation to do anything (laundry, final to-do list, paying bills, cleaning the bathroom, etc.) and I feel just plain lazy. I wish my mommy was here now for a few days to help me get ready...

warmly,
claudia
#82 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 03:26 PM

Hi All,

I keep thinking I could have this baby any day. My blood pressure is staying down (I hope yours is too pottermamma), but I'm going stir crazy with all this bed rest (although, obviously I'm not in bed right now - but I'm not active). I talked to my doula and she said I have most of the early labor signs - but I've been that way since Sunday. Maybe this baby is going to wait until the beginning of May. The frustrating thing is that I feel like all this sitting and lying down I'm supposed to be doing is not helping baby come. I want to walk! I have another Dr. appt tomorrow. Hope the blood pressure is still good or I'm pretty sure they will induce.

We still haven't finished packing the hospital bag. Every time I mention it to dH, he wants to wait. I guess it will be an early labor activity for us. I haven't put anything into the freezer other than some beans (I'm not supposed to be standing up in the kitchen much anyway). Dh seems to think that he will cook for us. I'm not sure how reality will play out. He may be rushing to the Costco freezer section. At least it is almost time for farmer's market to open so at least we can eat vegies and fruit.

Hope to reading about births and posting an announcement of my own soon. Just remember, moodiness is one of the signs of impending labor. That kinda cheers up my grumpiness.
#83 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 03:31 PM

Geez Louise! I'm gone for a few days and this place is all changed around (looks nice but loads slower) and there are a bunch of posts from the May Mama's to catch up on!

Wow! Some of you are at your due dates!!! I'm happy for you but freaking out for me, I'm afraid I won't be able to live in my nice little state of denial much longer! Yes, I'm happy that we're having another one, but this may be my last pregnancy and I'll miss the awesomeness of it and there is so much still to do!!! So make sure you gals post your birth stories - I love to read them and I need those doses of reality. (Though I do hope this kid comes before I have to spend anymore money on clothes...)

I am not hungry - there is no room for food! But I feel so tired that I find myself sticking sugary junk in my mouth for the instant boost - uuggghhhh!!! My ligaments are definitely softening, unfortunately they are not just the pelvic ones, I've become a total klutz and really wrenched my ankle last night.

OK, vent over We got some good news last night that makes it more likely that I'll get to be a SAHM and homeschool - yippee!!!! (I'm a WAHM now and that is a HUGE challenge. DC #1 would probably have to go to school next year if I were to continue my work schedule.)

My 4.5 yr old told me this morning that it must be time for the baby to come out because my belly is getting so big that it might pop!

You ladies keep taking care and I really do look forward to reading birth stories!
#84 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 07:18 PM

WOW! So many of you Mammas are close.

I went to the MW yesterday and she said I should start getting things in order because form the looks of it; this baby could come sooner than later. I am not due for another 4 weeks, so that was kind of a shocker for me. She said she still thinks it will be full-term, but could come more around the 38th week instead of the 40th. YIKES! I still have someone living in our nursery!! I will kick him out (well, downstairs...) this weekend. I still have to finish making the nursery bedding and washing of clothes, packing, cooking, making a call list.... so many things

My job is stressing me out. I mentioned before about how much I had to do before I left and my boss keeps giving me more and more things to do. We kind of got into it today. I tried to tell him I just can't take any more projects and he just doesn't listen. :

The Farmers Market opens this weekend! I just love to go there, even if I don't buy anything, I love the atmosphere.

Have a good Wednesday!
#85 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 08:23 PM

So I had my appt tonight and the MD examining me is palpating away and she gets this odd sort of look and then all she says is "hmmm, baby is big...". Then she asks if I've been having many bh's and right on cue, I have a nice one for her to feel right on the exam table. It has been a looooong day-crampy, bh's, and the v&d (my body seems to evacuate from both ends a week or so prior to labor) are pretty tell-tale for me. Today was the appt to do my gbs swab so she *asks* (I like this particular MD a LOT, btw) if she can go ahead and check my cervix while she's up there and all, lol. Yep, dilated btwn 1-2, thinning out nicely and baby is fully engaged. I kinda figured all that, esp the head being engaged part, but it was actually kinda nice to hear the rest after the discomforts of late even though all it means is that I'm close (like a calendar couldn't tell me that one, haha). Soooo, she gave me the final weeks rundown about call or come on in when contrax get 5 mins apart or if water breaks and all that good stuff. I am still trying to not get excited but whatever, that's right out the window. I AM excited!! Actually, I keep vascilating btwn cranky & tired as all get out and giddy & energized as a kid in a candy store. Just thought I'd share!

Morningdove-I hope your bp cooperates. Keep lying on your left side if you're supposed to! I know it is a pita, but it is for the best.
#86 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 09:07 PM

Ds is taking a really long nap (and the house is clean ), so I decided to try to update/organize the "quick" roll call (the list of user names, edds, etc.) I also marked everyone who's replied to the current threads (because there are a lot of mamas either MIA or lurking! ). If y'all don't mind, I'll post it in a new sticky thread... The roll call thread is great, but as we're slowly but surely birthing our way through May, it will be nice to have a place to quickly see everyone's status (okay, okay, I'm really anal, but *I* want to know!). Here's the link: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...49#post1387949

I did this because I was wondering myself who was up soon (well, all of us ).

Could this be a nesting thing?
#87 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the continued well wished re: this blood pressure. Morning Dove I hope yours continues to stay down. When the midwife checked on Mon, my left arm was 122/88 but my right arm was 116/74 and then lying down was 112/62...so that is good although we were both amazed at how off the two arms were!!!! So, still spending lots of time on my left side and taking my herbs and I'm off of work except for some stuff I'm doing at home. Dh is run down though as he is doing EVERYTHING!!!!...whatta guy!!!!!!

Thanks KKmamma for all your "nesting" you have made it nice and easy to keep up with everyone.

I can commiserate with you Sherri and Sarah, I'm on my way to Friday (4/30) and I never thought I'd make it....see, I told you guys when I posted so long ago that I thought for SURE I"d have an April baby it would end up making me go into May...which is fine...it is why I joined this thread instead of the April one anyway....aside for not wanting to switch after getting to know you lovely ladies!!!!!!! But I SOOOOO want to meet this baby...I am trying to just enjoy the last few days/weeks we have together in this special way cause the baby can only stay in about 2 more weeks right!!!!!!!!
#88 of 115 Old 04-28-2004, 10:26 PM

kkmama, sounds like you really have finished all your nesting, since you felt the urge to organize us now, :LOL
how 'bout you come over to my house and knock yourself out? i got 2 kids dressers to organize, a bassinet matress to make and if you want to, fill my freezer with yummies

the list is actually a lot longer. when i hear you ladies talk about thinned out cervixes and mucus plugs, i just keep telling myself, wow, i still got a month! so i can be lazy, right?

baby is being a pita again today, i just can't believe how much my butt is hurting. somebody said sth about being constipated. yep, let me join the club... :

i have a vibe, we'll be hearing our first birth story before the week is over
good luck to all!
#89 of 115 Old 04-29-2004, 03:12 AM

Hello all-

Just 2 days of work left- hooray!

I'm due in 2 weeks, but I have a feeling it'll be more like three. Momma's intuition combined with the fact that first-timers are often a week late, from what i hear.

I am not freezing anything. I'm letting other people take care of me after birth.

I'm letting dh pack for the labor- I printed out a list for him.

I will wash the baby clothes next week (assuming baby doesn't come sooner).

Honestly, what I hope to accomplish before baby comes is filing. I have a huge pile of papers in the office that I haven't dealt with- basically since I became pregnant. I have a bunch of other projects it'd be nice to complete (marriage was 4.5 yrs ago- I've done 3 pages of the scrapbook), but if I can get the filing done, I'll be happy.

I wish you all peace and plenty of sleep.

fiddlefern
#90 of 115 Old 04-29-2004, 10:51 AM

DANG it! I just lost my post! GAH!

Hang in there Sherri and Sarah!

I'm down to 2 days too - tomorrow is my last day! I'm so ready to be done. THings are very, very stressful right now. Despite me planning for months for this - my boss has only JUST realized that I'm ACTUALLY having a baby and leaving in 2 days- he's being an ass and I'm having piles of contractions.
Not good.

On a good note, we found our ped yesterday. She's really nice, open to talk about everything - is TOTALLY ok with delayed/modified vax and she practices homeopathy. Whohoo!

Also - we took an infant/child CPR class last night. (yay for us). Glad we did it, though I really hope that I don't have to use it.

Due in 3-4 weeks - but I think I may go a bit early. (not that it matters to me if I'm early or late). My Mum comes in less than 2 weeks and I can't wait to see her - nor can I wait to get to nesting at home. I just wanna get in there and get my stuff done.

Have a great day everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page