May mamas, it's MAY!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 246 Old 05-07-2004, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Darn it. I had typed a really long involved update but it got lost at my friend's house when I was trying to post it.
Okay, so this morning DH and I went to see my OB, and he asked her all the questions that had been boiling in his brains :LOL and I think he got satisfactory answers, and then she had me lie back for an internal exam (the first in a while, and I was kind of interested to see how things were going).
The thing is, when she did it, it was exceedingly uncomfortable, I wouldn't say it was PAIN, but it was not cool. I said "OW!" and she apologized and told me I was 1cm dilated. Which is great, not like it means anything really, but hey, any progress is yay in my book. :P
Anyway, when she was measuring my belly, I told her "well, if you ever want to strip my membranes, don't bother, I don't think I could handle it!", thinking of the exam I just had.
She gave me this strange look and said, "really? well, that's what I just did!"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, um, usually, I trust my OB, she's been amazing through my whole pregnancy and has respected my requests and feelings and my DH's too. So it kind of surprised me that this happened and she didn't say anything.
I'm 38w2d along, and yes, a BIG part of me wants to birth this baby and DH and I are getting really excited! But I really didn't think the stripping was necessary, even if it wasn't as painful or traumatic as I thought it would be...
I have been spotting blood off and on all day, and been kinda crampy and the belly issues are back.
Who knows, maybe the baby will be born this weekend! :LOL I still think that even though this was done, my boy's gonna be like his mum, and do things exactly when HE wants to. :LOL Maybe that's why I'm not really that upset about today's appointment, and from now on anytime a gloved hand comes my way I'm gonna say "now, you're just checking dilation, RIGHT?!?!?" And there will be NO little plastic crochet hooks coming my way either, dammit. NO MORE INTERVENTIONS!! (as long as I don't need 'em!)
Heh.
So, that's what's up with me. I've been having some lower back stuff since I drove a couple of hours today, and now I'm doing some laundry and just checking email and such.
I have some nesting going on, but a lot of it's done. So now what? We wait...
Hope you all have a great weekend, ladies.

-Renae
#62 of 246 Old 05-07-2004, 07:51 PM

Renae:

Can I be upset at your OB for you instead? WHAT?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? She stripped your membranes without even asking for your permission???????????!!!!!!!!!?????????????? Maybe you should put a temporary tattoo on your thigh that says "keep your fingers out of my vagina" or something...

sorry... just had to vent... feeling like my usual emotional cancerian self... grrrrrrrr...

--claudia
#63 of 246 Old 05-07-2004, 08:16 PM

Yeah, the more I think about it the more indignant I get.

I expected the exam...I did NOT expect the stripping.
I read on childbirth.org that it can happen "without the mother's knowledge or consent" ???
That seems wrong to me!
I definitely will be talking to her before she comes near me again, but a teeny part of me keeps thinking "well, I hope it at least DID something...."
I feel kinda guilty about that...
Hmph.

-Renae
#64 of 246 Old 05-07-2004, 08:53 PM

Holy crap Renae! I'll be totally pissed for you! That's just nasty - (and I'll be a cranky cancerian right along with TC).

It'd be a LONG time before I'd trust anyone to put their hands in me again.
#65 of 246 Old 05-07-2004, 10:13 PM

It's weird. I feel like I should be MORE upset...and it's true, anytime someone comes near me I'm gonna be like "WAIT! What are you doing, why are you doing it, what purpose does it serve?!?!"
But the messed-up thing is, I didn't EXPECT to have to be that way with my OB, and I think that a part of me is trying to preserve this birthing experience so I don't get all worked up and have WORSE things happen during my actual labor, you know?
I'm a REALLY strong-willed person though, and I won't suffer this shit again (excuse my language). Like when she said that she MAY ask me to stop pushing so she can suction the baby BEFORE he's even out of me (she said she would only do it if meconium was present, but hey, how can I be sure?) all I could think was "sure lady, I just hope you're ready to catch when he torpedoes on by!" :LOL
Anyway, thank you all for the concern, but I really am trying to stay positive despite the unfortunateness of what happened today.
I'm determined to have the birthing I dreamed of and I am still really excited about the soon-to-be birth of my son!

-Renae
#66 of 246 Old 05-07-2004, 11:49 PM

Hey Gals, can't wait to catch up on y'all.

Just wanted to check in with you and tell you Katelyn Marie arrived on Wed. May 5 at 12:31 am! My little Cinco De Mayo Baby. She weighed 8lbs 12 oz and is 21.75 inches long! I was expecting a smaller baby since my first dd was 6lbs 15 oz! I'll try to post the birth story in the next few days. Just got home from the hospital today, and my 2 y/o is currently testing her limits and is quite a handful right now, so she needs my full attention. Just wanted to give you a quick update. I feel so 'ed that some of you noticed I was gone!
#67 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 01:15 AM

How wonderful! Congratulations and welcome Katelyn!
I love how you spell her name.

#68 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 08:47 AM

welcome to the world, katelyn!
we thought something was up when you didn't post for a while, sherri congratulations!!!
hope you have somebody to help with dd...keep us posted on how baby and you are doing.

awwwww, i want mine too!!! got another 2 weeks til my edd, but of course i keep telling myself i'll go early.
so who's next on the list?
#69 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 08:51 AM

btw renae, i know you don't need more people telling how stupid it was of you ob to do this to you. i'd wanna kinda block it out. maybe you should make sure you tell her about the way you feel, make her think about it for the next time...kinda gives you peace of mind later, knowing you said SOMETHING!
but hey, you'll have a beautiful birth and baby would've come sooner or later, right?
#70 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 09:35 AM

I spent most of last night feeling really messed up over what happened--more so because of the guilt I felt for not being REALLY ANGRY at first. I ended up crying in my husband's arms before bed, which helped a bit...yay hormone release. :
And then I woke up this morning upset because NOTHING'S changed! Haha--I feel the same physically as I did all week, so you know, it's like I said--he's coming when he WANTS to.
Thank you all so much for your support--after lying in bed this morning unable to sleep because I was thinking so hard and I have determined that I won't be letting ANYONE in there until I'm in full-on labor and they HAVE to check dilation, and if they don't HAVE to, they won't. I'm staying fully dressed at all the rest of my appointments and next week when I see my OB I will tell her how I feel, that I really didn't think the stripping was necessary and I would rather they just left my body to do what it needs to do on it's own.
*sigh*
Anyway, I'm tired and I NEED to go to yoga this morning. Our (BRAND-NEW, purchased in NOVEMBER!) fridge isn't working (and it's full of food!!! ) and DH is dealing with it because it's just one more thing I don't feel like dealing with. I'm not in the best of moods right now.
Take care, you guys.

-Renae
#71 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 10:13 AM

that sucks so bad! I think you've got a good plan to confront the OB and let her know that she was out of line. It may make things tense for the rest of that appointment, but if she is at all professional she should use that knowledge to improve her practice and the way she works with you.

Happy new cinco de mayo baby! Congratulations. I can't wait to read the birth story.

My lil lentil isn't due until May 25th, but I've already had some mucus and false labor, so I'm hoping for an early baby. fingers crossed.
#72 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 11:56 AM

trying to pack my hospital bag. i'm kinda brainless today though...what do you guys pack?
#73 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, I take a day off, and a lot has happened.

Welcome Katelyn! I was so hoping you were off having a baby, Sherri! Now the rest of us who are "fully cooked" need to have ours!

Renae, I'm sorry about the membrane stripping, the annoyance, the confusion, etc. It's really good that you were able to have a release and cry about it. Say whatever you need to say to your ob. I think it's totally reasonable to let them know that they're not to do things without permission!

Annika, our "hospital bag" is currently several bags of stuff in the spare room (with the suitcase and a list of last minute stuff sitting beside)... what gets thrown in depends on how things happen (eg, I don't want "labor aid" stuff packed away if things are slow and we're at home for several hours, but if we need to go quickly, I wanted it all collected). The labor aid bag has stuff like the non-perishable snacks, a massage tool and some oil, flax seed pillows (to heat or chill), my Birth Partner book, photocopies of labor acupressure techniques, dh's swimsuit ('cause I know he'll forget it--for the tub/shower at hospital, if nec.) etc. The bag with clothes for me and the baby has a couple of outfits each (the weather has been so screwy, but I think it's warming up and that I need to look at what I have in there now). There's a toiletry bag with the basics (plus my special needs--Tucks, my favorite pads, some simethicone gel tabs, etc). My favorite CDs are all sorted out. Stuff on the list includes our toothbrushes, the camera, the cell phone, power cords, etc.

Yesterday was my due date. Obviously, I didn't have a baby. I'm finally starting to feel better (from the cold), but I'm starting to feel like the clock is ticking, which is ridiculous. I talked to dh this morning, and I told him (as nicely as I could) that it's not my job to make everyone feel better because I haven't had the baby yet (I think he's a little down about it, and even my doula seems a little down about it). I spent yesterday with my mom, and she was *SO* great. She's very good at just letting me "be", so she listened very nicely while I complained and generally was just very supportive and said a lot of "the right things." (She also told me a couple of funny things about when she had me and my brother which I didn't know earlier, like having a lot of black pepper on food, going into a sneezing fit, and having her water break unexpectedly....)

"Signs of labor" still seem to be less than before, though more than when I was at my sickest. Dh says it feels like I've effaced more. I've felt a lot of downward pressure (and some weird baby mvmt on the right side). I have another acupuncture appt this afternoon, and I'm hoping it will help. I had one on Wed., too, when I was at my very sickest, and it's the only time I've ever had acupuncture with *no* accompanying contractions.

Have a great weekend, everyone. What are y'all doing for Mother's Day?
#74 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 01:06 PM

Congratulations Sherri!

KKMama, I am glad that you are recovering from your cold. I hope the acupuncturist is able to rile things up for you.

I am still here, feeling like it could be a million years until I have my baby. He/she has been settling into my pelvis, making my belly appear to shrink. I feel like I have regressed several weeks! It is wierd!

Sending dh out for belly cast stuff today. I didn't do one last time but I think it might be fun. I am making Thai curry and getting plastered this evening.

Good luck everybody.

Stacia

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#75 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 01:14 PM

Welcome Katelyn and congratulations Sherri and Family!!! Whohoo!

Ranae - dont' feel guilty. Right now that's a waste of your energy. I think you are right to say something to your OB but to try and stay positive. Hugs Mama.

Hope you're all having a good weekend. Labour vibes going out to anyone who is in labour (or wants to be).
#76 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 07:49 PM

Hi all-

Congratulations Sherri and welcome Katelyn! Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Glad to hear everything is going well for you both.

Renae, I second everyone else's indignation over the OB, but agree with PattyCakes - stay positive and just tell her how you feel. Good luck!

KKmama- happy due date yesterday! I'm rooting for you to go into labor soon - and I'm glad that you are feeling better.

So, no one responded to my addendum to my birth story - I hope you guys aren't mad at me. I honestly forgot it...only after re-reading the birth stroy did I realize I left it out. I just wanted you all to know exactly what happened.

I am feeling okay, still very sore (stitches hurt!) and mainly in bed all day. Lily is eating like a champ and was one oz away from her birth weight yesterday! We had her one-week dr.'s appointment, which went very well. The dr. seems pretty good and was very respectful of my homebirth, midwives' records, and our questions.

Take care mamas, and come on out, due babies!

Sarah
#77 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 08:53 PM

sarah-

I'm sorry you felt an echoey silence about your adendum. To tell you the truth, it didn't occur to me to respond. I'm just so happy that you're OK and your baby is OK and you had a wonderful, loving birth experience. I don't think that this group gives out burly woman points. I think giving birth is burly enough.
#78 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 09:18 PM

Yes, Sarah, what fiddlefern said. Also, I've been so wrapped up in my own drama I just hadn't thought to respond. I apologize for my silence...I'm just happy for you and your wonderful baby too!
I have to thank every one of you for the support. I talked about it in my yoga class this morning and it really, really helped. My DH is also being wonderful, he's thinking of going in to the appointment with me next week to add his thoughts! But I also don't want to make things super-tense with my OB this close to delivery, so I will approach this as civilly as I can.
But I am feeling TONS better, and I have you all, in part, to thank.

Physically, nothing much. Still spotting a teeny bit, sleeping a lot, feeling Baby move lower and lower so I'm waddling! :LOL I've been nesting, trying to make sure we have everything in order before our son arrives! DH's parents may come up for Mother's Day tomorrow, but I don't know yet. We were going to go out to breakfast but there's no real plans. I hadn't thought of it really!
Happy Mother's Day to each and every one of you wonderful mamas!

-Renae
#79 of 246 Old 05-08-2004, 11:28 PM

WOO HOO, Sherri!! Congrats to you and family! I was figuring you must've gone when I hadn't seen you post lately. How cool-cinco de mayo...your daughter is gonna love you when she's older and of um the partying ages. Yeah, just the thought you want in your head right now, tee hee hee.

Ok, so I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better, KK. Now you're cleared to give birth. I hope it is VERY soon for you, if not already. If not, I hope you find the strength to keep hanging there OK.

I think that makes shalom and morningdove next'ish. I'm trying to remember everyone's order. D'uh! I could just check the list, but that would require more energy than I have right now, lol.

Stacia-that sounds like fun-doing the belly cast. I've never done one and each time wished I would have. Oh well. You'll have to let us know how it turns out.

Sarah-thanks for the extra info on your birth story and continued updates. I love hearing about your babymoon! How are your bb's? Still sore or getting better now? I hope you know it is totally normal to be sore for a week or so, esp if/when they get engorged, but then they should "toughen" up and the pain will go away. I'm sure you've already heard about lansinoh for putting on them too, if needed.

Ohhh, and renae-nothing to add to what has already been posted, but I feel for ya!

Happy Mother's Day (albeit a day early), mamas!!!
#80 of 246 Old 05-09-2004, 12:31 AM

congratulations to all you new mamas! today I am four days past my due date and sadly am already feeling losts of pressure to have this baby! my midwife goes out of town late Monday night and I sooooooo want to have this baby with her rather than the back-up midwife we have!

I've been feeling ready for days- lots of loose BM's (TMI?), lots of contractions, plenty moody and queasy, etc. and I really hope labor comes soon! I almost feel like trying some natural induction methods so I can have my beloved midwife, but it seems really wrong at the same time???

well, I'll be hoping for a REALLY special Mother's Day tomorrow! Sweet last days to all of you pregnant mamas!

#81 of 246 Old 05-09-2004, 09:30 AM

Happy Mother's Day Mamas!
Have a wonderful day!

Hang in there Shalom.

Sarah - thank you for posting your addendum. I don't think any of us think less of your birth but appreciate you taking the time to post the rest of your story. It still sounds like it was still a good experience on the whole. (though I don't envy you 45 minutes of stitching or the catheter - ick).

I'm glad you're on the mend and that Lily is doing well. Rest up - take your time - there's no rush. Do you have enough help around the house??? (for food/cleaning/pampering for you/etc?)
#82 of 246 Old 05-09-2004, 10:51 AM

Welcome Katelyn! Congrats Sarah. Glad to hear the news.

Sherri-your whole birth story was amazing...and I thank you for sharing.

KK-hopefully some of your signs have turned into something more.

I'm feeling better after my mw visit on Friday. I think I had/have a bit of a bladder infection so Friday and yesterday were not so fun, especially since I have to pee so much! But, I think I'm on the mend and will find out the results of the culture next week. I guess I was so surprised to experience such pain with a simple swab, it just threw me for a loop. Better to know now, though, so we can get it cleared up before labor.

Good news, too. DH found out a couple weeks ago that he has a job, and it will only involve a 3-hour move! We are still disappointed we can't go back to Colorado, but this seems like a good choice for this busy, busy time in our lives. The position is for a minimum of 2 years, maybe more, so it's not like we HAVE to live in Texas forever. Yesterday, we drove to the town and looked at houses and made a bid on a house! It's very exciting, and now we're just waiting to hear. We hope it goes through.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
#83 of 246 Old 05-09-2004, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Sarah, I guess I didn't respond on the fall because it sounds like you are doing okay and because even with the fall, it *still* sounds like you had an awesome birth. I hope you're healing, getting rest, and snuggling a lot.

Fiddlefern, I have a feeling that if this is about being "burly", I'm gonna lose in the end.

Yeah, Shalom, I knew we'd gone past your due date. I've been thinking about you, wondering how you're doing. Thanks for checking in. I really hope you have your baby before tomorrow night! I'm also thinking about Morning Dove (which Rowan name will it be??) and Dawn... I hope you 2 are in labor or newborn land...

Jacqueline, I'm *so* glad your dh has a job. I know that had been something you'd been worrying about for some time. Now you can have that baby!

I seem to be firmly back on the prelabor/early labor train. I had a lot of contrax last night, ~7 min apart. Each time I get another round of these things, they're more intense. This time, it was like last time plus "Oh I shouldn't have eaten that tamale." (I guess I see further back and belly involvement as a good thing .) I know I had contrax while I was sleeping, but again, I was so zonked that I basically slept through them--I was so tired. They're back this morning (along with "OMG, I must have run a marathon last night, I'm starving, but let me hurl first.") I'm not sure when this baby is coming, but I guess I've recovered from my cold, and the baby and I seem to be gearing up again. Again, I find it all interesting and encouraging, and I'm trying to stay on top of taking care of myself and not getting too tired.

There is a Mother's Day fun run here today that I purposely didn't sign up for (because of my EDD) and a special program tonight/tomorrow that dh didn't sign up for (because of my EDD). It *would* make me feel nice and smug if I do go into active labor so that we know that we were justified in skipping these things. heh heh heh
#84 of 246 Old 05-09-2004, 11:19 AM

can i just whine a bit? i think my hormones are going crazy today.
so this is mother's day, where i'm supposed to be pamperd and loved a bit, esp since i'm about to give birth to another baby?
haven't felt it today, sorry. o no, wait, dh let me sleep in this morning. but then i get up, and all he says: i forgot to get you a card.
no biggie, right? considering he didn't even spend a few bucks on some flowers, didn't even SAY "happy mother's day" and let me change a poopy diaper right after waking up. no hug, no kiss. when i said to ds (19 mos!): mommy is gonna have some of daddy's fruit loops, since you didn't make breakfast for me..., dh jumps up and makes me a couple of eggs. sits there and watches me eat them, it's not like i would want a nice breakfast with my dh, he's not in the mood, not hungry...i set my own table, made my tea myself and hung up the laundry. put the dishes away and remind dh to call his mom, cause:"...its' mother's day!"
i could kill the guy sometimes, he just doesn't get it. just because i told him a few days ago, he doesn't need to buy me a mother's day gift, we don't really have the money, doesn't mean, he should act like a brainless jerk and not even try to make me feel a bit special today.
sorry, had to whine a bit. hope it goes better for all the other moms today.
#85 of 246 Old 05-09-2004, 02:11 PM

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!

Welcome Katelyn!!!!!!

Sorry your day has been such a drag jakobsmami...hope it gets better as it goes on.

kkmamma, hope that baby comes soon

Jacquelin, congrats on your dh and his new job...very exciting!!!!!

Hope you are having a very special mother's day today as well shalom!!!!!

Just wanted to give you guys that are still preggers a bit of perspective as well.....maybe you will all think I am just CRAZY, but......I already miss being pregnant...not that I am not throoughly enjoying my little guy, and I am so glad he is out of my bellly and in my arms...and after his birth I told DH never again, but then I'm reading my new mothering and see a pregnant mamma and, I actually could do it all again (and soon)!!!!!!! So, enjoy these last few uncomfortable days and the miracle of birthing a baby and bringing a new spirit into this world....this journey only happens a very few times in our lives!!!!!! we gotta soak it all up!!!!!!!
#86 of 246 Old 05-10-2004, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still here... chugging along at a low level. Contemplating whether I want to do something to try to push things along (would be another acupuncture appt--last one seemed to help a lot--and/or having my membranes stripped this afternoon). I feel like I'm doing well mentally and physically, but the people around me I think are getting impatient, which I find *really* annoying (my due date was only last Friday, for Pete's sake!). It's all because of the VBAC and because ds was a big baby... sigh. I see the "good" ob this afternoon. I'm curious to see whether she's going to be impatient too...

I came here mainly to whine. Remember how I asked dh last week not to discuss my progress with his mother? Well he called her yesterday afternoon, and he basically gives her the update and tells her that we're going to have a baby in the next few days. (Well.... maybe, maybe not!) I made angry throat slashing motions while he was on the phone (in other words, please stop talking about that!)... he just doesn't seem to get it. I have a long and not great relationship with mil (remember, dh and I met when we were 15). She's a religious nut, and I feel like she very literally views me as a grandchild-carrying vessel. I do not want to have her expectations this week on top of everyone else's, and I *especially* don't want her to call in the next few days while dh is at work to "see how I'm doing". When I try to explain all this to dh, he gets pretty pouty. This part of his/our past is not especially easy for us to talk about (well, especially not easy for *him*).

*Anyway*...

I'm so looking forward to the next baby announcement. Of course, I really hope that I can be the one to make it , but I realize there are others out there "more ready" than I am. Any photos of the new babies? (We're definitely planning on sharing when we finally meet ours!)
#87 of 246 Old 05-10-2004, 12:53 PM

JAKOBSMAMI..... I can totally relate! I had a kinda crappy mothers Day too! It started Saturday, my baby shower day. I heard DH on the phone that morning talking to his sister (my host), telling her that he probably won't make the shower, sorry, got work to do! WHAT??? He never told me that he planned on working instead of going to this special event! I thought he was going to get everything out of the way in the morning so he would be free??!!
I really got after him for that, he said he thought he told me he wasn't going to go. No. I think I would have remembered!! He said he would try to hurry and then come over there when done. He never made it. I was real upset. This was a special event for me and he was there last time. Why should this be any less special??? It was hard to get him to understand. Men.
Well, I had an "emotional outbreak" over the whole thing that night, let him have it. It became quite a bit more intense when he asked me if it would be OK if he did not go to lunch the next day (Mothers Day), with me and my family. He wanted to stay home and play in the yard, because he never has any time to himself to do things he enjoys. Well, I blew a gasket then!
Talk about feeling unloved/unsupported!! I started bawling and he wondered why. Then he claims he did not even know it was Mothers Day, he thought it was Monday! Yeah right! Then he proceeded to tell me how he has been working many weekends (true), and has not been able to "play" any, do anything fun for himself. I understand all that, truely. And I guess I am just being selfish....but darn it...it really hurt my feelings that he didn't want to participate in the shower, no card or gift for Mothers Day, and then did not want to go out to celebrate the fact that I am raising his 2 children!
Actually, there is another thing that has played into my emotions over this too. A little while back he mentioned that he didn't know how he would take a whole week off to be with me after the birth, he has too much going on at work!! I said, so you are going to leave me alone with a newborn and a 3 yr old???? I don't think so!! What is more important? Family or work?
All this was in the back of my mind when this more recent stuff came up, and it all just mounted up to a big old :

So, it was not a great day. He did go with me to the lunch (as long as we left by 2 pm), and I enjoyed the company of my family, they made me feel loved. But I am still a bit sore at DH. We worked things out, released feelings, made amends. So I am "OK" for now. Anyway, Jakobsmami....I know what you mean!!!
Elfmamma

ps..got my lab result back for the beta strep...NEGATIVE!!!! I am SO Happy about that! Last time I was positive, it sucked having an IV. So this time.....
#88 of 246 Old 05-10-2004, 02:06 PM

yeah, that was quite some mother's day...i let dh know later in the pm how i felt and he apologized. got me dinner at burger king. no comment
i'm just waiting how he's gonna make me feel special on my b-day this sat, or on our anniversary the sat after. gee, i'm glad, i hopefully will have a doula at the birth!

need to give in to some more nesting urges now! any more babies yet?
#89 of 246 Old 05-10-2004, 03:55 PM

Welcome Katelyn!

KKmama, I'm glad you are feeling physically better. I hope you can find ways to avoid the stress of people watching you like a pot about to boil.

Actually that goes to all of you near or past your EDD's - I hope you have peace until you and the babe are ready to be done. I got really annoyed with people bugging me with my last two pg's. So far I've been able to keep a sense of humor this time, we'll see how it goes when we get closer to "the day".

Sorry to those of you with yucky Mother's Days. Mine was nothing to write home about, but the kids did tell me Happy Mother's Day and dh did a bunch of work in the garden and my hormones are on a mellow swing, so it was all good.

Had an app't today - up almost 4 lbs in a week, blood pressure is up, swelling some and my lovely male MD didn't even bat an eye! (BTW I really feel the baby and I are OK, this is similar to what happened at the end with ds.) Now we just wait for the results of the GBS test...

So after my app't what did I eat for lunch? Mint-chip ice cream and M&M's!!! Where are my healthy eating cravings???? (Oh, they must be out hanging with the nesting vibes that are missing, too. )

Hoping everybody continues to do well and enjoys there little ones whether they are still in utero or out!
#90 of 246 Old 05-10-2004, 04:57 PM

Happy belated mother's day to all our mamas! (And special (((hugs))) to those who had a crappy day.) DH remembered and wished me well when I woke up...as did others. My MIL sent me some cheesy Mom 2B socks...only have a few more weeks to wear them (thankfully). I think I'll don them for jury duty (at 38 weeks) tomorrow. It'll be a nice touch.

Thanks to all the new moms who have shared their stories...very inspirational. I just can't wait.

I'm still plodding along...trying to take things easier. Limiting evening activities to things like the chiro or massage, limiting shopping to Saturday, and spending Sundays cooking and sewing. So far, so good.

I'm still a couple weeks away from my EDD...and symptoms are pretty normal. Mild cramping, and vomiting (yippee, not) that started on Saturday night (thought it was related to what I ate...but it reappeared last night...and now I'm constantly nauseaous). You'd think that feeling sick would limit my nasty food cravings...but, nope, I can still snack on the potato chips in the kitchen at work . Actually, all I want to eat are nasty, fatty, sugary things like sundays and cakes and chips and such. Oh, well.

Pleasant laboring vibes to all those approaching their births...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page