Congrats to Shalom! Welcome Cedar! Woo hoo!
Kids'ncows, I'm excited about the plug and the water breaking! I can't wait to hear about the birth and the baby!
Welcome Jaime (and Shyanne!)!
I can't believe what cool names y'all are choosing. We finally made our decisions, but I don't know if we're up to snuff.
It's the name that dh and I both landed on independently. I'm not sure I like it, but I feel like the way we both thought of it at the same time, it's the name the baby wants.
Renae, I'm glad things went so well with your ob. It sounds like you handled things very diplomatically. Good for you!
And to all the mamas waiting to go, I'm thinking of you! I really hope the long silence from MorningDove especially means there's a Baby Dove out there!
Annika, the mucus plug/spaghetti sauce thing was pretty darned funny...
Can I join in the wistfulness, even though I'm not a 1st time mom? I am trying to savor every minute with ds, because I know things are about to change forever...
Obviously, I'm still here. I've had a couple more rounds of yet more painful contrax (even had to think about breathing and not "holding in" the pain), but they left. I got a little cohosh tincture yesterday... I think I'm going to take a *tiny* amount (less than the rec'ed amount) during the next round; I think I may need a little nudge to keep me going. I also have had some gushes of watery, blood-tinged mucus (my plug? seemed too thin, but definitely not AF), so I'm hoping my cervix is finally starting to dilate. My mom has kind of indicated that this lateness, start/stop, long wind-up thing is normal for her line...
I had a horrible day Thurs. I had an u/s--confirmed that placenta, fluid, baby, cervix (anything else???) still look marvelous. Had a NST, too, but by that point, the office/tech was running ~ 1 1/2 hrs late... ds was *way* overdue for his nap, somehow either he or the tech did something to the machine and it didn't record my stuff properly (tech just set me up and walked far, far away for 30+ minutes, never came back to check)... Ds lost his favorite book. I refused to redo the test right then (just wanted to GO HOME). I saw the good ob, and she was very nice, saw that I was about ready to melt... but we had to discuss our strategy. I am on the surgery schedule for the 21st for a repeat C if things don't go my way.
I wasn't happy to do it, but it was the only way to ensure that I get to wait until the last possible minute *and* have the dr. I want if the repeat is necessary. Anyway, she is still super supportive, still believes I can/will go into labor. I think what we're going to do is insert a pressure catheter to try to help my dilation on Tues (and strip membranes then, too, if I'm dilated enough). If that works, I'll have AROM on Thurs (because I have absolutely nothing to lose at that point).
Did the "make-up" NST Friday. Everything was fine. (New) tech was super nice, found ds' book. I just about hugged her.
Wrote about this on the "overdue" thread... Yesterday, I was working in the yard (trying to shake the baby out
), and I probably wasn't staying as hydrated as I should have. The baby wasn't moving much, and I was concerned (because he/she has always been *so* active). I went in for some monitoring last night. The baby was very sleepy, but the fetal monitor picked up a lot of *little* motions that I just couldn't feel. And of course this morning, the activity level is back to normal (ie, the kid is kicking my ovary). The grumpy ob was on call, and I was afraid that just by showing up at the hospital, she'd automatically check me into the OR. She *was* very conservative--monitored for 1 1/2 hrs, did an u/s herself--but obviously, she didn't think a C was necessary, so I'm still here. Believe it or not, that actually gives me more confidence about the practice's decision-making...
Anyway, enough of my drama... we're going to lay low today and *finally* do my belly cast.