OW! My PELVIS!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-03-2004, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
May I whine a bit??

The past week or so my pelvis has hurt SOO MUCH! I'm sure it's just stretching......and I'm sure it will ultimately prepare me for birth.......but it hurts!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#2 of 8 Old 05-03-2004, 03:12 PM

hi. yes, I am part of the achey pelvis club. Hurts to walk, hurts to lay down... doesn't hurt to sit at my computer and do homework though (sadly). The worst pain is when I am going up and down stairs. too bad I live on the third floor.

ow! My husband last night told me "you walk like a pimp." (with all due respect to pimps, of course.) So apparently my pregnant waddle has a certain flair to it. At least there's an upside to everything.
#3 of 8 Old 05-03-2004, 06:16 PM

Of course you can whine!!!

I feel your pain. Well, my pain, but it was/is similar to yours...

Try a chiropractor and swimming (just being in water to take the weight off) if you can - after I started that mine felt a whole lot better. Those first few steps after hoisting myself off the couch are the worst!
#4 of 8 Old 05-03-2004, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!! Those first few steps upon getting up KILL me........OOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I don't have a materinty suit and really am debating getting one considering it will only be another couple of weeks left for me......*hrm*

I've never been to a chiropractor so I wonder if it's ok for me to go to one for the FIRST TIME while 37 weeks preg??
#5 of 8 Old 05-04-2004, 11:44 AM

Can I whine with you?!!! I'm soooo over the pelvic, perineal, vag, you name it pains. These are pains. Like stop you in your tracks and double you over pains. Like you can't move until they stop pains. I had a crying jag over the weekend due to them. Then, there was yesterday, or the day of the marathon bh's, as I'm now referring to it as...6 hours straight (no exaggeration) of contrax 15 mins apart....10 a to 4 p. I knew they weren't the real deal (they just weren't painful enough nor did they increase in frequency or pain), and I ended up just getting really annoyed and tired. I was like, OK! My uterus is TONED ALREADY! So ENOUGH ALREADY! (yes, caps needed b/c I'm yelling, hmppffff). That is all. End of whine. Glad I'm not alone.

#6 of 8 Old 05-04-2004, 12:56 PM

Anothermama, maybe you could use a bikini bottom and wear a bra and shirt on top? I hear you on not wanting to spend money at the end, unless you don't think this is your last pregnancy - then it might be worth it to just buy the maternity suit? You might call around to local chiropractors or ask friends for references. Mine figures out if my pelvis needs adjusting by comparing my legs.

Ohhh phismama, sounds painful!!!
#7 of 8 Old 05-04-2004, 01:39 PM

i'll join the whiner-club! i was not prepared for this. except for excruciating backpain due to backlabor i didn't hurt with ds. this one though is merciless. i feel like i'm 85 holding on to furniture when i walk around in the house. dh must be sick of it already me sighing and moaning like an old woman
#8 of 8 Old 05-04-2004, 02:18 PM

I'm so glad there are others sharing my pain(s)...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page