As of today (Sunday) I'm 9 days overdue. I'm not allowed more than 2 weeks, either, and I have a repeat C scheduled for the 21st if I don't go into real, continuous labor (so keep sending labor vibes!!).
I think we still have the megathread because we're all kind of spacey right now and it's easy.
I'm going to post an update on how I'm doing, etc. there, too.
As far as the ob, 42 wks, and "letting" thing goes... I know that it's totally evil, but I'm 99% positive it has to do with their malpractice insurance (ie, that if the obs "let us go" past 42 wks, they wouldn't be covered). It sucks, but there it is.
I did some long, hard thinking about this one for my own situation, and I realized that while I realize other people might decide differently (and it's fine), I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to find a homebirth midwife this week for a post-42 wk HBAC. There it is. I'm also pretty darned clear with where I am about *me* and inducing... if I'm in labor and I need a little pit to keep me going, I'll take it to get my VBAC. But I'm just not willing to do a "cold" induction with pit. My intuition about my body is that it just wouldn't work.
FWIW, the baby wasn't moving much yesterday (I was doing a lot of yardwork, and I think I overdid it and wasn't careful enough about drinking enough water). So I went in for some monitoring last night (because I knew that otherwise, I wouldn't sleep). The baby was very sleepy, but the fetal monitor picked up a lot of little motions that I just couldn't feel. And of course this morning, the activity level is back to normal (normal for this baby = Kung Fu). I relate this story because it confirmed my feelings about the decisions I've had to make... I'm pretty crunchy about a lot of things, but I'm just not a homebirth kind of gal, and I found the monitoring very reassuring...
That said (about my worrying), every time I have another bout of early labor stuff, I get excited...