Irritated at my seeming inability to do anything.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2005, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HEHEHEHE!!! Just saw that this is in the wrong year (right noth though). Could someone move it for me?

not according to me but my family. It seems to me that they think I am unable to do anything and that it is absolutely amazing that I can. I am really beginning to hate talking to them!!!! My mom doesn't think I can do a homebirth, my stepmom doesn't think we can do cloth, and now my sister is shocked and surprised that I would take the baby on camping trip, "I just didn't think you would do that". It's not like I am running a marathon the hour after I give birth or doing it on a mountain top or using only imported cloths!!! Everything is very managable to do. I am so sick of this, "But you're pregnant..." mentality that I am going to scream!!!!

Need more proof? My mom thinks I should drop ALL cleaning. "You're pregnant, you shouldn't be doing that". I'M PREGNANT!!!! not dying of a terminal disease! Quit treating me like that! :

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed this post on my way to my DDC and had to answer.

Yeah, I know what you mean. During my last pg my mom wouldn't stop with that either. Of course when she arrived 4 days after ds was born I was really sick and "that was why".,. because I had pushed myself too hard during my pg. This time around I am really reconsidering telling them that I'm even pregnant until I'm ready. Just don't want to go through 7 months of negativity. And the thing is and I am sure you'll relate is that they don't see it as nagativity. : : (I misspelled that accidentally but it's kind of funny!)
Anyway, as for the cloth, we were also told that it would be too much work. My dh and I are both in graduate school and had a year and almost a half of our clinical internships left when ds was born and my mom said that it was just going to be too much for us. But honestly, just like anything else, once you get into a routine with the washing and drying and stuff, it's no biggy. So DO WHAT YOU WANT. and if they fuss at you just remind them that it's your baby and your decision.
I can't stand the mushy feeling of a wet disposable diaper. And they smell way nastier than any cloth I have had to change.
So anyway, hope this encourages you

User Tag List