How much alcohol do you typically drink? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: On a regular day (holidays not included), how much alcohol do you drink in a day?
a) none: I never drink 10 100.00%
b) 1-3 drinks a day 7 100.00%
c) 3-5 drinks a day 0 0%
d) more than 5 a day 0 0%
e) I'm pregnant--none for me! 0 0%
f) I'm nursing: 1 or 2, maximum 2 28.57%
g) other 8 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's the time of the season that, as a non-drinker, I get curious about other people's habits.  So, kind of just for fun, but also out of curiosity...

champagne.gif

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 PM

There needs to be several options between "I never drink" and "1-3 drinks a day." Maybe a once a month, a couple times a week, or a once a week option... I enjoy a drink of wine or beer now and again, but certainly not every day.
#3 of 14 Old 12-28-2012, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuviel_k View Post

There needs to be several options between "I never drink" and "1-3 drinks a day." Maybe a once a month, a couple times a week, or a once a week option... I enjoy a drink of wine or beer now and again, but certainly not every day.

I tried to add a new poll response option under the "edit" option, but couldn't figure it out.  Guess "other" would be a good category for those people.  However, this thread hasn't gotten much play, so it probably doesn't matter anyhow.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#4 of 14 Old 12-28-2012, 08:01 AM

1-3 drinks a few times a week, typically. Maybe with one night every month or two where I have 4-5 drinks, at a party or gathering with close friends.

#5 of 14 Old 12-28-2012, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I answered 1-3 drinks a day as that was closest to the answer for me. It is more like averaged out to 1 drink a week. Some weeks I'll enjoy a drink or two a day for several day, other weeks/months I don't have a drink for long stretches. I have a box of wine in my fridge. I enjoy a glass of wine in the evening. However, I've probably been working on that box for months.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#6 of 14 Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuviel_k View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGucks View Post

I tried to add a new poll response option under the "edit" option, but couldn't figure it out.  Guess "other" would be a good category for those people.  However, this thread hasn't gotten much play, so it probably doesn't matter anyhow.

So I guess that I am "other" then. A month or two can go by and I won't have an alcoholic drink. Then if we hit a busy social time, I may have a couple of drinks on 2 or 3 days over the course of a week. Certainly never a drink every day. I rarely drink more than 2 drinks in one day. I rarely, rarely drink anything other than wine. 

#7 of 14 Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Like others, there was not quite a category that fits. I have a glass of red wine, some or most evenings. If I pour a second glass, I usually find it half full in the morning. Sometimes a couple days go by that I don't have any. I guess I am very slightly addicted, because I feel good knowing I have wine in the house, just in case the urge strikes. And I do keep white wine and sherry around for cooking.

Just a side note - I prefer to drink wine from a coffee cup. And I drink my morning coffee from a pint beer glass. Friends have given me nice stemmed wine glasses, but I soon revert to the mugs.

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#8 of 14 Old 12-30-2012, 01:49 PM

I voted "other". I drink very rarely. I had a Bacardi Breezer (a rum cooler) on Friday night, after dh and I got back from a dinner date. My last drink before that was...hmm...not sure...maybe early November? I drink alcohol 2-3 times a week, during my "peak times" - usually for no more than two weeks straight, if that, and usually that's a late afternoon cider/cooler in the summer. When I'm not in a "peak time", it's somewhere around a drink a month or so.

ETA: I rarely drink anything over Christmas. I'm the only driver in my family, so I just don't drink during the busy season. I may have half a glass of wine at Chritmas dinner (didn't this year), as it will still be a few hours before I have to drive anywhere, but I usually skip even that, as I don't usually get enough sleep on Christmas Eve.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#9 of 14 Old 12-30-2012, 01:53 PM

Another 'other' here.  I had 4 glasses of wine over the space of the Christmas week.  I was given a small bottle of Baileys to celebrate passing the post grad course I was doing and that took me 2 months to drink.  Before that, I think one glass of wine over several months.  Not much, certainly not never, nor anywhere close to every day.

#10 of 14 Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yeah. I'm a cheap date. I drink a chewy beer or two every couple of months. If I drank 1-3 every day I'd be crashing into walls and stuff. 

#11 of 14 Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM

I'm I guess still an "other." I'm pregnant and have had sips here and there of dh's beer at dinner a couple times.. When I'm not incubating I usually like to have one beer a day. Three is too much. lol. one is just right.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#12 of 14 Old 04-16-2014, 04:09 PM

Traditionally my family drink wine at table, though I don't always partake, preferring a soft drink, fresh juice or water. Otherwise I'll enjoy a glass of red wine at Sunday lunch and maybe two if what's on offer is a good vintage. Because my late father was a serial boozer I rarely drank alcohol, though my la-di-dah peers at boarding school regularly got trashed. However, last summer when the seniors were in London attending the BAFTA Awards, I got well and truly wankered. :o

#13 of 14 Old 04-19-2014, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I voted "none," because on a typical day that's true. But the answer is more something like a drink or two per month.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#14 of 14 Old 09-19-2014, 11:29 AM

Usually only during parties. I workout and need to stay on a 'diet'

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page