Mothering Forum banner

Roll Call!!

5K views 30 replies 28 participants last post by  Rachelsmom 
#1 ·
I thought it would be nice to have a thread for all our info, since we have the space
Each person use one reply and you can edit it as your info changes. I'll also make a thread for links to pictures, if you'd like that.

So add whatever you'd like; name, due date/week, your other kids/pets, birth plans, baby's sex if you know, baby names, etc.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello! I'll go first!

My guess date is June 21st, eight days after my oldests birthday! I'm really hoping this one doesn't decided to be early! I am planning a hospital birth center birth using hypnobabies. My older two were born at the same place. Dh & I know the sex of the baby but we not sharing and other then you guys no one even knows we know!

#3 ·
Julie, 26

ds: Tain Emry 2 yo
dh: Matt, 25
my bro (lives with us): Dale -turns 18 next month

Colorado Springs, CO

apt=no pets

Planning a homebirth with a dear friend coming all the way from CA just for me and my mom if she can make it

EDD: June 30

baby: boy, Rowan Atticus

That's all I can think of!

#4 ·
Name: Jen
kids: First baby!
dh: David
other family: my sister, Erin, lives with us
home: apt
pets: 2 cats
birthing plan: CNM at a hospital, using hypnobabies
EDD: June 5th
baby: we didn't find out the gender, if its a boys his name will be Killian Jameson (Killy for short), if its a girl her name will be Ellandra Llewellyn (Ellie for short)

#5 ·
Name: Brooke
DH (5 years): James

Due early June, expecting on the 14th

Name will be Braden (MacLoed or Morgan) for a boy or Joanne Leslie for a girl.

Children: Kimberly-4 and Zachary-2 in May

Pets: 2 dogs (anyone want one? or two? I'll pay shipping! LOL)

Planning a home birth, maybe water, who knows?

Located in Modesto CA.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by rubelin
I thought it would be nice to have a thread for all our info, since we have the space
Each person use one reply and you can edit it as your info changes. I'll also make a thread for links to pictures, if you'd like that.

So add whatever you'd like; name, due date/week, your other kids/pets, birth plans, baby's sex if you know, baby names, etc.
me: Crystal (20)
df: Mike (19-almost)
due date: June 28 (our first)
we have 2 kitties (Toby and TobyToo) and a ferret (Willow)
birthplans: staying (or going if were out and about when I go into labor :LOL ) home, in a nice fishy pool of warm water with 3 midwives, df, my mom, sister, granny and df's mom... maybe a couple other female family members if they'd like to be there, maybe not. But df is the only male allowed to be present

baby's sexy: most definately a girl ,but hold the pink (yucky)
baby names: Kairi Rayne... or on the off chance that *everyone* is wrong and we have a boy it's Gavin Michael

Still trying to figure out how we'er paying the $2000 midwife fees

#7 ·
I should proably reply to my own thread, lol!!

I'm Robin (32) in Los Angeles, CA
I've been married to my hubby Dan (30) for 5.5 yrs, he produces video games. We have 1 son, Benjamin, who is 3.75 yrs. We also have 2 kitties, Max & Musette, who are 6 yrs (and we live in an apt, too!) Oh, I'm a wahm, I make training pants for babies to use when ECing.

This babe is due on June 5th which is Ben's 4th birthday. Planning on being late though Ben thinks it'd be cool to share his B-day
We're having a boy named Kieran Alexander. Having a homebirth with our 2 wonderful midwives and an apprentice, and maybe my family (mom, dad, sister) hanging around to take care of Ben. No waterbirth, but I'm getting a pool soon to have in the backyard and do some floating during labor if I feel so inclined. Oh, we're also doing a modified lotus birth and waiting until we're ready to cutthe baby from the placenta.

I think that's it, this is quite a little novella!

#8 ·
I'm Erin
(and that's my favorite smilie)

Married to John (will be 4 years in July)

We TTC'd for almost a year before this babe decided it was finally the right time!

We're due mid-June (6/15) so any time in June seems pretty likely. I'd actually love it if she came a little late...on the Solstice...because according to my chart we conceived on Equinox and I just think that would be cool.

Pets...dog, sheep, chickens (more to come...we're really enjoying our little backyard farm)

Planning a hospital birth with one of two great midwives...small community hospital very close to our house. We're taking Bradley classes and planning to labor at home as long as possible. One of my best friends, who is a doula, will be attending.

That's about it. Love hangin' out with you ladies!!

~Erin

#10 ·
Name: Susan, 29

Dh: Bryan, 31

Dd: Annelies, 2

Dogs: Maggie, 8 Black Cocker mix. Hannah, 4 Husky mix. Very awesome, sweet dogs. Hannah is a little high maintence.

Birth: Hospital Birth Center where only midwives deliver, unless emergency. I delivered there last time and it was awesome. I wanted a water birth, but dd was almost out when we got there. I'm really hoping for a water birth this time if that's what I feel like doing when the time comes.

#11 ·
I am Angela, marries for 8.5 wonderful years to Chris. I am 29 and he is 30..........Our girls are Hailey, age 7, and Madelaine, almost 6. This current babe is due June 24th. We are planning our first homebirth after a horrible first birth, and a so-so second birth, both in hospitals. I didn't have an epidural either time, so I know I can do it this time. We live in Rock Hill, SC, DH works all the time, and goes to school, and I stay home with the girls. Actually they are in our local charter Montessori school and we really love it there! No animals, although the kids and DH would love a cat, I know that it would be my responsibility alone to take care of them , and I just ain't going there
No names picked out yet, and we probably won't have one until after the little one makes it presence known. We have no idea whether this is a boy or girl, and I think it adds to the excitement and anticipation of meeting my baby for the first time!

#12 ·
Hello!

Me: Rynna, 26
DH: Mike, 35 (old man! :LOL)
DS: Eli, 17 months & nursing strong

NewBean: By my math, I'm due June 13; by u/s June 30. Eli was born at 37 weeks by LMP, but by my math he was born at 39. So, anytime between May 24 and July 14, I guess.
: June 30 sounded like a good thing to wrap my head around anyway, so I usually go with that.

I have no idea if it's a boy or a girl; I wanted to find out, but all we could see was feet. NewBean has wide feet, which basically means that it's definately our baby I've got in there.
:

We have agreed on a girl's name but not a boy's name. We are making progress, but nothing even close to definitive.

#14 ·
Name: Kate (Canadian)
dh: Nate (American)
Yes we rhyme!

kids: Hunter Xavier (he will be 33 months when the new baby comes) and born in Japan
baby: We didn't find out the gender. This babe will be a Canadian citizen, US citizen AND Italian citizen. All three until s/he is 18!
BOY - Kaden Marcus
GIRL - Kaede Maria

home: We live in Sicily right now in base housing (3 bedrooms). We were in Japan before here, which was where we met. We will be moving to the States December 2005 as civilians!

Work: DH is military and right now I am a the lead graphic designer for a dept. in the military. I WOH but will start WAH in September! My job is awesome and although I don't get benefits (I am not a US citizen) it is very flexible and pays well.

pets: one insane Sicilian Mutt I found in a dumpster. His name is Disco Dog-Dog. We love him.

birthing plan: Family practicioner in the base hospital. We kind do our own thing to get through it naturally though the military certainly likes to push pain relief on you!

EDD: June 24 by my calculations (DH's b-day too!); June 18 by LMP.

#15 ·
I think this is my first post ever
although I've been hanging around for a few months. I'm April. I just turned 30. Named myself after little zark, which is a nickname the family gave the baby-to-be.

Our due date is June 23. When I counted it myself it came out to June 20. We don't know what the baby's sex is... I think it's going to be a surprise. I put our baby names here, but then I removed them out of superstition

We are first-time parents but we have two kitties who are our current babies... a Tonkinese and a Siamese/Himalayan mix.

I'm in the Philly Main Line area. Having our baby at a great birth center.

Guess this is enough from me for now... hello all!!

#16 ·
Name: I've officially been "outed" by my irl friends here, so no point not listing my name now! Carolyn
Other children: Isabel, 3 years old
Pets: neurotic dog, Jefe, and phantom cat, Roland
Due date: June 9th
Gender of baby: unknown by choice
Names for baby: Flora Mae or David Malachi (will go by Chi)
Birth plans: homebirth

#17 ·
I am 25, and a psychology student (though not at the moment)! Dh is 41, and getting a license to teach high school choir. DD is 27 mos. This will be baby #2.

EDD is between May 29 and June 1.

DD was an unmedicated, very painful interventive hospital birth. We are planning another unmedicated painful birth, but at home with two lay midwives and hopefully no intervention.

We live in a 4-bed duplex townhouse with very close neighbors, so I hope they handle the noise all right! I'm going to put a sign on the door that says "Everything is fine!" so they don't go calling the police because of all the screaming.

We don't know the sex. If it's a boy it will be James Conan, and if it's a girl then Andrea Zoe. DD's name is Linda Dain.

We have a gerbil (Goofus) and two chickens (Fluffy and Alice. I originally wanted the name Alice for a girl's middle name, but dh didn't like it so we gave it to the new chicken.
) They are welcome to be at the birth, though they'd probably rather not.

#18 ·
i am Liz,
i just turned 23 in march.
i am married to Gabriel and he is 27.
i have a son from a previous relationship named kiryn- he just turned 4 in march.
Gabe has a son from a previous relationship who will turn 3 in june.
we have full custody of both boys.
i am due may 26-31 depending on who you ask...but here i am on the june board- kiryn was 10 days late so we'll see with this one!
we are having a homebirth with a CNM.
we have a rabbit named flopsy.

oh, and we are having a girl, but no names decided on till she's born!

#19 ·
Name: Heather (28)
kids: I have a 20 month old son named Vincent (the kids will be 23 months apart)
dh: Thao (26)
home: apt
pets: 1 cat named Julie
birthing plan: CNM at a hospital with a doula
EDD: June 16th
baby: We're having another boy and we're pretty sure we're naming him Kenneth.

#20 ·
Name: Paula
kids: dd - Adia Odeline (almost 4), goes by "Odeline"; ds - Severin Stevenson (2.5); this is, however, my first pregnancy (see sig.)
dh: Peter
home: townhome
pets: 1 Golden that I adopted from SPCA long before I met dh or dc came along
birthing plan: OB in hospital with doula
EDD: according to LMP, June 17; according to u/s, June 14
baby's name: top secret

For those who are wondering (since it is always the first question we get when people find out I am pregnant): We decided to adopt before we even got married; shortly after marriage, I was diagnosed with PCOS and told that I would need intervention should we ever decide to conceive a child. We chose not to pursue any intervention since we were so passionate about adopting anyway. Before children came home, I worked my tail off to control PCOS through diet, exercise, and homeopathy and was able to go off all medication (did this so that I could be healthy and energetic for children); children came home and 2 months later, we were pregnant (we were too busy figuring out how to parent 2 toddlers to think about a family planning -- especially since we never thought we'd have to think about it in the first place). It had nothing to do with us finally "relaxing", despite MIL's assertion; it DOES NOT happen often (to less than 1% of adopting families actually, despite all the stories you have heard); it was not necessary to "complete" our family (despite what way too many insensitive people say or imply); and ALL of our children are our "natural" children-- this one just happens to also share our genetic make-up.

So sorry to sound bitter on that last paragraph....but you would not believe the insensitive things people say when they find out we got pregnant 2 months after children came home! Thanks for letting me vent.

Peace,

#22 ·
Name: Kim
kids: dd - Emma 12/15/02-8/23/03

dh: Jeremy
home: apartment
pets: none, but I would love a dog!
birthing plan: Homebirth with midwife, doula, good friend and Jeremy
EDD: according to ovulation June 21, to u/s at 23 weeks, June 13, to LMP...well, didn't have one!

baby's name: I'll know when I see this little bundle of love!

#23 ·
Name: Erin
Pets: very lazy and fat cat Alexander the Great (alex), rambunctious hyper ADHD puppy black lab Cassidy the Sun Dance Kid (cassidy)

Baby #1 gender unknown by choice, planning a home birth w/ midwife in our VERY fixer-upper two bedroom house in Western Pa. Due June 8th by both my calculations and Midwife's. Actually we know the day time and hour this baby was conceived. We were TTC for about 18 months. I have PCOS too Paula, we defiantly were leaning toward adoption too. We decided to give ttc some time while trying to control my PCOS.

Names: Nathaniel Patrick =boy
Trinity Alexis = girl

#24 ·
Name: Tricia
# Kids: 1 (Jared) + 1 on the way
dh: Alan
home: house
pets: 1 dog (Cami) & 1 cat (Kisses)

Planning our first home-, waterbirth with CNM. Dh and my mom in attendance. Jared (who's 3) will be there if he wishes.

Last birth was natural, hospital, waterbirth. Great experience, but am now in another state where that is not a feasible option.

gender: No idea. Didn't do any testing that would even indicate the gender!

names: Victora Elizabeth (if a girl), no clue if it's a boy.

EDD: 6/5/04

#25 ·
Should I check in here? I guess I should!

Hi Everyone! I am a bit of a slow learner, though as my due date approaches and I spend more and more time on this board, I am getting more and more savvy!

I am Jami. I will be 35 weeks tomorrow. Due June 15-18ish.
Married almost 8yrs now to the best man I ever "heard tell" of. (ode to my country roots!)
I have 2 boys, ages 4 and recently 3.
This baby is the long-awaited girl in our family! After 5 boys! We are all thrilled! Whoever said they don't like pink, send it my way! It looks like someone puked pink in my house and I am loving every minute of it!!!

We are planning a MW attended homebirth/ waterbirth. This will be the first HB for us. We are also planning to cloth diaper, which is my first time with a NB, so I am a little overwhelmed with the cost and the work of gathering them, washing them, etc. But it will be good once we get started. We just moved to the best neighborhood ever, which is awesome, but also stressful between the constant projects and the lack of $$ to make it all work. We are hoping for a buyer for our townhouse SOON so I can start paying some bills and sleeping at night!

I am receiving chiropractic for a once-breech, but now locked-down baby. We are considering if we can afford to have the chiro attend the homebirth to assist. It all sounds very exciting, except that I still have romantic fantasies about it just being my husband and me sharing the moment together, but am too chicken to try it (I am a bleeder).

That's enough, I guess. Nice to meet you all.

#26 ·
Don't know how i missed this thread??? LOL

My name is Jessica. I am expecting baby #6 June 15th. It is a girl, and dh has chosen the name Isabella Reese.

I have 5 other children, age 8 and under. Conner, Kaitlyn, Noah, Hannah and Alexis.

I am a SAHM and a doula (in active right now due to baby etc)

You can see our family here:
http://pages.ivillage.com/fivekids_for_jessica

or my pregnancy journal here:
http://www.freewebs.com/jessicaandisabella/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.