June Mamas April 18-24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My heathen turn!

Rynna-I am so happy you are having a girl! Hope you can find something to do with all those boys clothes I just sent you! :

Well, I think I actually found a RL friend! I have lived here for a year and a half and still have no friends/don't know anyone that has kids Tain can play with. I have tried the usual outlets without anything positive coming from them. Soooo, I wrote a mama on MDC a while ago when I noticed her location was the same as mine. I never heard anything back, which didn't really surprise me, then out of the blue last wk she pm'd me. Evidently, she didn't know she had any pm's. So we got together at the park on Thurs and she's really awesome. Has a little boy half a yr older than Tain and due in June like us. She's coming with me to my mw appt on Tues to see what they are like (she's thinking of switching providers). It is so nice to know someone like-minded and cool in town!

Smithie-by the end of today you'll have a dust ruffle and quilt ready to go! (Quilt is already done-did it yesterday. It is VERY fluffy!)

I bought some Tums Lasting Effect last night. They aren't kidding, I only took 2, reflux was gone in 5 min and I slept wonderfully. They feel funky on my tongue, though, almost acidic, though that wouldn't make any sense.

Other than sewing, not much else has been going on over here.

QoC-Congrats! Hope you get the house-how fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 01:31 PM

Oh, this baby will already be wearing mostly boy & gn clothing. :LOL I'm going to have to see if there is any tiny clothing left from my nieces (but I think it's all long gone ). I'm really annnoyed that I missed all the good clearance sales to buy summer girl clothing, though. Oh well, we'll deal!

I'm so happy again.. the weather is beautiful, I'm no longer terrified about NewBean... geez, there's nothing like a scare to make you really appreciate it when things go well! :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#3 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yesterday dh put all the outlet covers on the electrical outlets and set up the crib. We don't know when we will use the crib, but it's all ready to go for whenever!

I also have this painful ingrown toenail that I made much worse by digging at. OUCH!

Yesterday someone also asked me when I was due, and I told her in 6 weeks, and she said "You must be so ready to have it right now!" And I could actually say no to that, which was nice. With #1, around 30 weeks, I was thinking "Why can't it be born now? It would probably live!"
#4 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 01:36 PM

: :LOL : I just read the bit about the thick black line! :LOL

Okay, that's a spoiler; when you go to type a message, one of the buttons on top says 'spoiler'. If you click on it, and then write in the box that pops up, you'll get a big black line. In order to read it, you drag your mouse over it to highlight it.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
They're really lots of fun, and I've been looking for a good excuse to use one, so finding out that I'm having a little GIRL was the perfect opportunity for me! :LOL

#5 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh, that is cool! Now that I know how to play, too...

"Smithie-by the end of today you'll have a dust ruffle and quilt ready to go! (Quilt is already done-did it yesterday. It is VERY fluffy!)"

I'm so psyched! We've been doing the crib-shake at Babies 'R Us for several months now, and started up again in earnest when we decided that the 6 y.o. Jenny Lind we got from my cousin was simply too rickety. I'm gonna try to get dh down to our baby/maternity consignment shop today - they have a bunch stacked up against the wall. We liked the Childcraft ones much better than the
Jenny Linds, but I sure don't want to blow $200 on a crib that is basically going to serve as a staging piece for Julie's art.

Yard work today - I'm going to pick up a huge pile of rocks while dh yanks a huge pile of ivy up by the roots. Got to practice those squats!
#6 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
this weekend in austin is the Bob Marley Festival. i went for about 4 hours yesterday and i hURT so bad!!!! i feel crippled. i cant move without sharp pains..its my pubic bone, and tailbone, and all the mucles, nerves, tendons underneath me...the pain goes all down my thighs. i have been having this pain for a couple of months now, but it is SOOOO bad after walking so much yesterday. its bad when the thought of sex or walking around the block makes you shudder in fear...
i SO SO SO want my baby to come out a little early..like 2 weeks...seriously! i cant deal with her being late like kiryn...and the only way i dont want to have a panic attack is if i think- ok she'll come out in 1 month... i had a dream i had her on the 15 th of may..sounds GREAT to me!
i know she'll be smaller, but at this point (feel guilty for saying this) i dont care! as long as shes big enough to nurse and not go to the hospital im good. this pregnancy has been such a drain...i really thought that pregnancy was fun..until this one...
oh, and i am sick of eating..the the food that tastes good is a guilt trip for me cause it's not healthy..
just one more month...right? RIGHT??? :LOL

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#7 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greaseball
With #1, around 30 weeks, I was thinking "Why can't it be born now? It would probably live!"
I did the same thing, starting around 34 weeks with Eli. :LOL I was like "He's probably cooked, can't we just get him out?!?!" This time, I'm looing at the calendar thinking "Oh no, I don't know if there's enough time to finish my sampler!! "

#8 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 05:57 PM

I hope it is born early but not too early, since dh will be back from a trip at exactly 37 weeks. My daughter was early but not as early as I'd thought- I looked it up on my date book from 1994. The midwife's wheel said I was 37 weeks when I called (they were busy and hoping I wasn't really in labor) but according to the dates they'd given me before I was 37 +5 days. So I am reassured. However I am so big in comparison to last time I am afraid I will start to go mad if this one is not early. Still, that was ten years ago so I don't know if it is at all likely there is some sort of pattern, though the midwife said I was "probably a fast gestator" and should be ready by 36 weeks.

When I think of the fact 36 weeks is in less than 5 weeks though, that is very nervewracking. None of the home renovations I'd hoped to complete will be done (oh well) and at this rate I will be lucky if any of the baby stuff I wanted to have ready will be (nothing was ready when my daughter was born, because everyone said, oh, first babies especially are always late!). But I have finished the rainbow silk/flannel blankets, have a moses basket, washed the clothes, still have plenty of stuff from ten years ago, and hopefully family and friends will chip in for the things on the registry I finally and grudgingly created online (grudgingly because you have to enter a due date and I had so far successfully kept that a secret). As long as I order my diaperaps in time and the birthkit stuff I suppose that's all we really need anyway.
#9 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was originally wanting to go at least 41 weeks so that my sister would be able to be with dd for the birth, but it looks like that might not work anyway and dd will have to go stay with the inlaws.

So I'm thinking either 38-39 weeks or a few days after the due date would be best. At 41 weeks dh has a major school project due, and on the due date is not good because there is this annual event we like to go to and there is no way we'll be able to if it means missing the kid's birthday every year!

If I went 42 weeks, my sister would be here, dh would be done with school...but I will have school a week after that! I want more time relaxing with the baby before I have to go back.

Once I pass 37 weeks, I'm going to try having sex only on the weekends just in case that starts labor, since dh will still be in school.

So I'll try beaming these thoughts to the baby and see if it agrees.
#10 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I don't think I will go over. Tain was a first baby and he was 3 days early, tho we don't know how accurate his edd was (hadn't been keeping track of my periods, very frustrating for HCP's-lots of dirty looks, eventually done by u/s, but at 15 wks which isn't THAT accurate). So even tho I don't really have a good idea of whether or not Tain was truly early, I just have a feeling that this one will be. Not by a lot, but I don't think we will go over by a wk or 2 either. Which is why I'm in this birth group, since my edd is the last day of June!

Man, the wind is gusting today! It says it is 11 mph with 42 mph gusts. Still a pretty day, but one better suited to looking than being outside.

I haven't really exercised at all this pg. I know it is bad, but between my back, our budget and the weather, I couldn't really do anything through the winter. Now that the weather is nicer, I have been taking walks and my lower legs are killing me! I finally took a break last night so my legs could relax... They feel better today, but my guys aren't home to walk with so I may stick in a tape I got very early in my pg, before my sciatic problems and my chiro telling me to only do walking. I tried to do the yoga video from my pg with Tain-man, am I inflexible! gotta work on that. but it also really hurt my back, so I may just do the leg stretches in it and forego the rest.

Anyway, have some stuff to do...
#11 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 07:54 PM

HEy girls! How's everybody doing? We;ve had a busy week. I finally hired my mothers helper to come over so I could get somethings done. I got the baby's room cleaned out and painted, the carpets are now clean and dh finished oldest dd's headboard and we got her room straightened around. Now I just need her dresser to come in so I can change her dresser to the baby's room(it has the changing table thingy) and I need to go through the newborn clothes and see what is weather appropriate.

We had our orientation today at the hospital birth center. The only possible problem is w/ us declining the eye goup. They have to report it to the hospital social worker who will need to speak to us. We have a letter from our family doctor so it shouldn't be a big deal. It's so rediculous! I mean seriously I've been with the same person for 12 years! HE is the ONLY person I've ever had sex w/ without a condom and I've been tested w/ each pregnancy. I'm clean for crying outloud! It just frustrates me. I told dh that this is the reason I wanted to have this baby at home! But since we live in the lovely state that we live in not only are there very few lay midwives(the closest is over an hour away) but you have to pay completly out of pocket. UGH! I wish it wasn't an issue but it is! I know my birth experience will still be a good one and maybe I can help my girls have a homebirth if they so choose!

One thing that cracked me up was they gave me this huge packet on breastfeeding. I was like I'm a La Leche League leader and I'm still breastfeeding my 2 year old. I've been breastfeeding for 5 years so your preaching to the choir! :LOL The poor nurse! She was just trying to do her thing.

We registered today for the few odds and ends that we need. I'm starting to get the feeling my neighborhood playgroup friends are up to something! We registered at Babies R Us and they had a little sign about the Welcome addition Club that you could sign up for when you register. I told the lady that I didn't want to sign up for the formula thing and she smiled and said that's good cause I don't like to sign people up for it! THey also had a pamphlet about Babies R us and Medela working together to promote breastfeeding! It made me feel so much better about registering there.

Alright I really need to get to work! Have a great end to your weekend!
#12 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 08:03 PM

I'd like to go about a week early, I think Summer Solstice would make a great birthday. Also, DSO took a month off from work, starting two weeks before my EDD. So going a week or so early would give him a little more time home with the babe.

The renovations are almost complete on my bedroom. Though it looks like I will have to call a real electrician to work out some screwy wiring that the people who lived here before us did. We can't manage to get everything up to code and working correctly.

We put up the new cordless honeycomb shade today. It looks 100% better than the old icky metal miniblinds that we had and since it's cordless I don't have to live in fear of the baby strangling itself in the cords... though I still need to do something about the other four windows with miniblinds.

My parents are coming to visit next weekend and bringing my bedroom furniture. Hopefully this will put an end to the piles of clothes everywhere. My mom is planning on buying us a crib. I've been eyeing one at Pottery Barn Kids... it's a bit $$$, but really sturdy. I really like the ones that are solid on the ends, they just seem less jail like.

Oh I got the results back from my GTT and I passed with flying colors. I'm happy I don't have to drink the goo again and dso is mollified.

Looks like my assistance is needed downstairs... hope you all are having a great weekend.
#13 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 08:19 PM

I'm hoping to deliver when NewBean is fully cooked and approx. 8 pounds. With Eli, I was desperate to have him out but this time, I am much more content to wait. I definately want to deliver before the 4th of July, but that's all I can really say. :LOL

#14 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 09:37 PM

Well, I've been thinking the whole time that I'll go early, but now (with all the house craziness) I want to go on my due date - June 5th. We'll see... I know it sounds silly, but I really feel like I get to decide when to have the baby. I decided the week I wanted to get pregnant 6 months beforehand - and it worked! I truly believe that you create your reality...

I'm still feeling great - just get tired easily. I think the baby is starting to get crowded, too! Lots of moving and trying to stretch. Another person as church today ask me if I was having twins, too! : I'm not THAT big!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#15 of 79 Old 04-18-2004, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

The whole wanted to get pg at a certain time definitely did not work for me. And I really wanted a girl. No go on that one, too. But I think labor is a little different, within reason. Tain really needed to come soon (my blood pressure was climbing and mw was afraid he was getting big-I gained a lot of weight) and a co-worker of mine told me March 10th was mothering day in the uk, so that whole week I told him he needed to come on March 10th. He only missed it by about 2 hrs.

Oh, wanted to note, Rynna. I think your baby will be nice and big. When you have said that Eli was not fully cooked, I thought that meant he was small, but Tain was definitely full term and he weighed less than Eli did-7 lb 1 oz. My family has smallish babies.
#16 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 03:17 AM

I had a pretty darn good weekend this W/E!! Im glad to see that everyone seems to be doing okay...
On Saturday I went to our area LLL conference! It was fantastic! There's just something really about being surrounded by hundreds of nursing mommas, and seeing dads carry sling babies and care for toddlers while moms are in session. I got to see some great speakers, and I met Suzanne Arms, a huge birth celebrity!! That was probably the highlight of the day. I made myself super late for one of my sessions cause I was talking to her. She has been a huge inspiration on my life the last few years, and I can probably guarantee each of you know at least one thing she's written or seen at least one of her photos or videos. It was so awesome to meet her and talk to her about changing the future. Shes amazing.
Anyway, I'll stop gushing, LOL...
Today I took both kiddos out shopping. Not normally a good idea, but DH was meeting up with a friend of his, so big deal. The children weren't awful and I actually found everything I was looking for in the most unlikely place (Target). i had planned to be quick there and shop at the mall, but it ended up the other way around. I've been looking for some xl jeans since my rear is growing out of my larges ( traitorous bottom!) and found a pair there, although they have the full frontal belly which Ive come to really hate. Its still better than feeling like a sausage, and since Ive been looking for xl everywhere with no luck, I bought them. I even bought a size larger than I fit into, with shrinkage and another month of poundage on my thighs they should still fit.
I also found a pair of stretchy slinky black pants that just felt so good i had to buy them, they dont have a panel, so theyll be great for the next 6 months while I work my way up and back down the scale. I found nursing bras (GASP!) in my size (never easy to find) and ON SALE, so I added to my collection...
Then we went to the mall for lunch, LOL.
Overall, a pretty damn productive (and expensive) weekend.

I put away all the childrens winter clothes about two weeks ago, so it was chilly all this week. I was happy that I kept a couple things out just in case. I've also started clearing out the garage in hopes of getting my dh to help my really clean it before MIL gets here.

Yikes, MIL!! She's coming in three weeks and staying until the baby's born! Yippee!! Im excited that she will be here for the birth of the baby, but a little anxious too. I have no idea how she feels about HB and Im afraid I'll feel like a watched pot. Im also kinda afraid she'll want me to eat weird stuff, LOL... anyway, I just wish she wasn't leaving so soon after the baby will be born, thats when I'll need help.

I need to start cleaning... I need to start NOW. Can someone lend me some nesting hormones?

Congrats Rynna, on finding out its a girl!!
#17 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 08:26 AM

I so need this baby to hold off until at least June 26th! No coming early for this one. I went to 42 weeks with DS so although I hope I don't go that late again, I don't want to be surprised with an early birth.

My last day of work isn't until June 25. My mom flies in from the UK on the 26th and so we all decided the baby can come June 27th. Mom guessed when Hunter was going to be born on the day, month and hour! So she is going with June 27/28 with this one. I hope she is right. I also want a Cancer and NOT a Gemini!

I feel really good though. Still going to the gym on a regular basis (4x a week) and walking the dog nice long walks (3 miles) on the other days. None of this has stopped me from gaining a ton of weight (30lbs at the 29 week appt.) but I feel good, look good and have lots of energy!

We went to Greece for Easter and had a very nice relaxing time... its nice to be back but now we need to get things ready. Nothing is washed. Though i do have diapers. and enough onesies and gowns to last for awhile.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#18 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 08:50 AM

When do I want the baby born???? I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Although I think I would prefer that this little monkey come a little late I think that I'm going to be overruled. I have this really strong feeling that this one is going to be early. My oldest was 5 days late and my second was born on her guess date so we'll see. My oldest turns 5 on the 13th of June and that is the weekend of her recital at dance. I really hope the baby isn't born until after the 14th. My doula is going out of town on the 19th so if I go early I would really like to go sometime between the 14th and the 18th. My dh wants the baby born on Father's Day, which is the 20th. I think I would really like a Thursday baby. Then if dh takes a week off he wqould go back on a Thursday work for 2 days and then be home for the weekend. So I guess I would say I want this little one born on the 17th! I need to start visualizing that now!

THe girls and I need to get ready. We're touring a Krispy Kreme this morning with our Mommy & Me group. It should be fun!
#19 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 09:33 AM

Rynna- Sooo glad to hear you got good news at the ultrasound!

I'll be honest, I'm about ready to be done with this whole pregnancy thing, but my baby needs to be at least 37 weeks to be born at the birth center, so it has to wait till May 29-6 more weeks! My grandfather's birthday is the 6th, I think so that would be a cool date!

DS was born at 38 wks but I think my due dates were off because they said he looked only 36 wks when he came out. He was 7lbs 8oz, so I have a feeling this baby's going to be a big one! Like Rynna, I'm hoping for an 8+ pounder.

Tamara
#20 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 10:27 AM

Oh, I just have to share the freaky dream I had last night. I was in labor with the baby and for some reason, instead of going the the birth center I had to go to a hotel. I was very worried about making a mess in a hotel, so I went to the drug store to buy some chux (sp?) pads but they didn't have any! The baby started crowning when I was waiting in line at the checkout!! Somehow I made it back to the hotel and my midwife came to deliver the baby. It was a girl and I named her after the midwife!
#21 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 11:03 AM

Aren't pregnancy dreams strange? I've had some bizzare ones this time around.. I tell Mike about them, and he's never quite sure what to say. :LOL I think I enjoy freaking him out a bit too much.

Last night, I went through Eli's winter clothes and folded them up; we're going to need to get a few rubbermaid boxes for storage. At any rate, I'm looking through and realizing that he didn't wear any of the 18 month size pants except for one pair that had belt-loops; all the rest were too big and slid off his non-existant hips, even with the giant cloth diapers! Next time I buy clearance stuff (where I bought all of his winter clothing for this year last March/April; garage sale prices for new stuff!) I'm going with my instincts. I wanted to buy everything in 12 month size, but it just seemed silly to me so I bought some 12's and mostly 18's. Oh well, he'll wear them next year! :LOL

Eli's summer clothing ranges from 3-6 months to 12 months. I bought one t-shirt in a 2T last year because it was just too cute to resist (The Very Lonely Firefly on a turquoise shirt. ) but everything else he has in that size is a hand-me-down from his cousin (a boy almost exactly one year older than Eli). The boys look good in entirely different colors; Eli's got very neutral colored skin, medium-dark brown hair with seriously red stripes in it. My nephew has very warm skin about two shades darker than Eli's and a huge mop of warm, dark golden blonde curls (yes, he's a doll). Eli's eyes are cool and blue-green, nephew's eyes are such a dark shade of warm brown... at any rate, the nephew looks really cute in shades of olive, warm oranges & golds, khaki, and mustard yellow. Those colors make poor Eli look like he's got some kind of terminal disease. :LOL Eli looks best in shades of red, cool blues like turquoise, and watery greens which would make his cousin look like a corpse that's been left in the sun. So some of the hand-me-downs, while cute, look absolutely ridiculous on Eli so he only wears them as playclothes or to sleep at night. Why couldn't they have been the same color so that Eli doesn't have to look silly in stuff that looked so cute on his cousin?!

So NewBean is a girl. I'm hoping there's some cute girl clearance hiding at the mall somewhere! :LOL As soon as that tax refund comes, and some of our other bills are paid off, I'm going shopping! :LOL

#22 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 02:16 PM

Rynna, congrats on a little girl! Girls RULE!!! I'm sure that any mom of a boy would say that boys rule too, though. I'll find out for myself soon enough!

Dd was born at just past 37 weeks, so if I get to 38 weeks this time I'll probably be going nuts. She was most definately fully-cooked, but weighed 6lbs. 11oz. Smallest baby born in my family for a long time! I consistently measure 2-3 weeks ahead this time too. That reassures me that this baby should be a healthy weight even if he decides to come early. I really hope he doesn't come before 37 weeks though.
#23 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 02:26 PM

I dreamt last night that I had an easy, painless labor. All of you experienced moms can laugh hysterically now , but I'm glad that my subconscious isn't scared of having the baby.

AFTER the birth, in my dream, I was sent to my uncle's house to sleep while my mom kept the baby. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep and wound up driving home in the middle of the night to get my baby. It looks like my subconscious has also sorted out the fact that this is MY baby, not mom's.
#24 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 05:24 PM

well, I don't know how i totally missed these expecting clubs before today!

Joining in with you ladies late. I am Jessica, 28, SAHM/doula expecting #6 around the 15th.

Had really bad PTL with my last baby and was on bedrest from 26 weeks on....so far, I am contracting but avoiding being tied down which has been great. Saw my OB this morning (who is one of the few wonderful ones out there) and he finally told me i needed to gain some weight! grr...plus size and I haven't gained anything yet even though I am 32 weeks today.

Are we allowed to post links? this is my pregnancy journal that has a recent belly shot...
http://pages.ivillage.com/fivekids_f...wbaby/id5.html

all my labors have been fast...my longest was 5 hours from first contraction to delivery, my last 2 were just under 1hr 45 min...

I have PCOS and breastfeeding issues, and I am hoping to have this one be a successful nursing baby!

glad to see you all

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#25 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 05:34 PM

Welcome Jessica,

I have PCOS too. I'm amazed and hopeful that you were able to get pregnant 6 times!!!

Peace,
#26 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 05:41 PM

EEK - I don't know how I missed this thread. I was thinking you all were pretty darn quiet the last two days! :LOL

Just scanned through. Congrats Rynna. Glad the second u/s was good news!

Not much new with me other than the fact that I've developed hemroids (sp?). Lovely. DH bought me some witch hazel and little cotton make-up pads and so far those seem to be helping.

Now I know where the pregnancy waddle really comes from! :LOL

~Erin

PS ~ Welcome crunchywannabe!
#27 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 06:24 PM

Hello All! I was MIA for a week there. My DH was home all last week on spring break and amazingly, I had LESS time than usual. Anyway, as far as last week's question, the one thing I've not been doing as much as I should is walking. I did really great all thru my first trimester with regular excercise but then I got the hematoma and was told NOT to excercise and I've just not gotten cranked back up now that I'm in the third trimester. So, I'm more active than I was with my last pregnancy just b/c I only work part time (sit on my butt for work) and b/c I'm chasing a 3 year old around full time. But I still feel guilty. Oh, and I've had that sweet tooth come back from my last pregnancy but I'm not as bad about indulging it as I was the first time b/c I don't work above a wonderful co-op with a bakery like I did last time. To indulge means to have it in the house which I typically don't.

As far as when I want this baby to come. I'm starting to feel fairly tired and just limited in what I can do. But I still feel panicked about getting some more stuff done. So I don't know. My edd is the 9th. DH gets out of work that first week in June. He doesn't have to go back to work until the last week in June. So anytime between 5th-18th would be okay with me. My brother-in-law is coming home on the 19th to meet the new baby and will be here thru the 24th. So I want to have it before he gets here. But you know what I was thinking? As great as the timing is with my DH's work, I'm not going to be able to go swimming until at least July. I mean, all that postpartum gunk. That's kind of a bummer. It gets so darn hot here in the summer.

Well, I hear DD waking up. She ACTUALLY took a nap today, hallelujah! (It's been a tough few days with her...she's trying to phase out nap time again!)

Rynna, so glad your ultrasound scare turned out okay! And congrats on the girl!
#28 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 06:54 PM

Hi crunchywannabe! I have gained 5 pounds this pregnancy, but I lost 35 pounds at the beginning so I'm now at -30. My doctor is not remotely concerned about it. I am a fat person, and it's one of the things we do. I'm actually thrilled because I feel skinny! How many people can weigh over 200 pounds at 5'1", and be nearly 8 months pregnant and say that? :LOL I look fabulous, and I feel wonderful. This could be so much worse! :LOL

For the first time, I'm actually relieved by the things I learned online about a potential problem. :LOL Reading about the possibility of NewBean's kidney being in the wrong spot or being absent, I've learned that the absolute worst case scenario is one that most people don't find out about until late puberty because it causes almost no symptoms and it's very rare. It's not a fabulous thing, but if it's the worst I have to possibly wrap my head around, I can totally deal. .

Mike brought the air conditioner up last night! He says it's hot. I don't feel hot, I finally feel comfortable. This morning, though, I woke up next to a sweaty pile of Eli. :LOL He's definately Daddy's boy that way; he was warm all night because I was sleeping under a comforter. :LOL : At any rate, we need it in here because our computer has been overheating really quickly, so I'm cold as I type. Eli and Mike are both half naked and very comfortable. : I guess I'm outvoted! :LOL

#29 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 06:59 PM

Welcome Jessica! Your family is beautiful!

Is it posssible that James has already "dropped" in this, my 34th week? My belly seems to be hanging a bit differently, with more room up top. Can a baby "drop" in stages, or is it always one definitive oomph?

I will have dh take a new picture, so you can see what I'm talking about.
#30 of 79 Old 04-19-2004, 07:09 PM

It's finally nice here maybe even for good! Well at least until the snow flies in the fall. The kids have been outside since my oldest got home from preschool, with the exception of the 20 minutes I tried to feed them. They didn't even go inside when we got home just straight to the backyard. Man are they dirty and hopefully REALLY tired too!

Rynna- Target has the Rubbermaid totes on sale this week for a pretty good price. I think 4 for $11 and $6 a piece depending on the size. I need to make my weekly trek out there and get a couple.

Have a great night!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page