June Mamas May 2-May 8 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 125 Old 05-09-2004, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to dissapoint all of you... Apparently 18 hours of regular surges only succeeded in taking me from 4cm to 4-5cm. I stayed at the hospital for about an hour and half and then decided to come home. Since then the surges have completely petered out. Been an extremely dissapointing day, all around.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 125 Old 05-09-2004, 09:40 PM

QoC- Here's a great big hug for you! Remeber your baby will come when your baby is ready. And don't worry about dissappointing us worry about taking care of your self! Go relax and watch a good movie and snuggle w/ your dh!
#123 of 125 Old 05-09-2004, 09:57 PM

That's quite normal and even a good sign that things are moving along nicely. I have had clients have hours of regular contractions and then after a few hours of all of us staring at each other, the midwife will suggest we go home and go to bed and it's been two weeks before more labor that results in the birth. So don't be discouraged, especially if nothing much happens for a while. It's all normal. And good for you for leaving the hospital instead of getting uptight and induced.
#124 of 125 Old 05-09-2004, 10:44 PM

QoC- HUGE HUGS GIRL!!! Your body is doing what it needs to!!! You are 1/2 way there if you are at a 5! Baby will be here soon enough..I know it sounds nice and all, but when you are big and tired and sick of being pregnant...it's hard to remember that! Hang in there sweetie!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#125 of 125 Old 05-09-2004, 11:33 PM

QoC, it will happen. Though I bet it is frustrating to feel so close and have it peter out.

Ah, Mother's Day. My DH is a dream. First of all, our weekend was really busy. He helped a friend really early Saturday am, then took DD shopping for my mother's day gift and all the groceries we needed, then mowed the lawn, then put up shelves in the landing (I FINALLY FINISHED THAT DANG PROJECT!), then stayed up with me until 2 am getting the house cleaned and two quiches made for Mother's Day brunch (hosted here for his Mom). He made the most beautiful quiches ever.

Then he got up sometime butt early this morning, set up my Mother's Day gift, got DD up and had her make me a card, and then made me breakfast in bed. But when they delivered my breakfast in bed they decided "the bed was too lumpy, let's have breakfast on the porch" and they had gotten me a table and chairs for our deck! I'm so excited! I've wanted a set for the deck for quite some time and it was so nice to sit out there and have my decaf and look at the paper. Just lovely. The back yard is fenced so I could sit out there in my PJ's and just relax. Ah. Oh, and my DD got me a little sunhat to wear when I garden so that I don't get sunburnt. Very sweet. I look like a little old lady but I'm going to wear that hat faithfully.

Then we all got dressed and headed off to early service with DH's parents. Back here for a beautiful brunch totally put together by DH. We enjoyed it at my new table. Then in-laws went home, DH took DD for a walk to get her down for her nap and *I* got to take a nap. What heaven! Then this afternoon my Mom, sister and nephew came up and we went out to a local park for a nice picnic dinner. DH ran around with the kids and put up with my crazy family with a minimum of displayed annoyance...a difficult task. The only downside to the whole day was dealing with my sister's completely insensitive parenting style...but I'm not going to focus on that. It was just a lovely day.

Now, reality will hit me tomorrow morning when I realize I have neglected my work completely AND have my home visit in the afternoon. I'm going to have to work my butt off tomorrow. Sigh.

Off to bed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page