June Mamas May 9 - May 15 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mother4good - I'm currently 37+ weeks pregnant, but have been in pre-term labor for a few weeks now. At about 35 weeks I went in to see the midwife because I wasn't feeling "right" - I was 3cm dialated and 80% effaced. I was put on bedrest and procardia for a week. During the week I had one episode where I was having contractions every 5-7 minutes for a few hours and ended up with a couple shots of terb. By 36 weeks I was 4cm, 70% effaced and the baby was at a -1 station. Off the meds, off the bedrest. Last weekend - at 37 weeks - I had contractions every 2-4 minutes for 18 hours. After going to labor and delivery and finding that I hadn't progressed much, I decided to come home. At my appointment the next day, the midwife checked me and I was 5cm, 80% effaced, and the baby is engaged still.

After all this stress, dissapointment, and the exhaustion of having constant contractions for 3 weeks now, I'm ready to deliver. My midwife is quite surprized that I haven't dropped this baby yet, being a first-time mom this far dialated for so long.

I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but I REALLY don't need anything but positive support at the moment. I've had a very upsetting few weeks, with a lot of bad news today, and I do not want to justify my reasons for trying to help this baby and my body get into a functional birthing pattern...

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#92 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just got my bracelet in the mail - it's gorgeous!
#93 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 05:56 PM

Queen of Cups,

I am sorry you feel the need to be defensive. I had read some of your posts and was just curious. I am sure you are very tired and stressed out by now, with everything going on. Good Luck.
#94 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother4good
Queen of Cups,

I am sorry you feel the need to be defensive.
I realize this may have sounded much different in your head than it came out in print, but that is NOT an apology. It's passive-aggressive weirdness, and we try not to to that to each other here. An appropriate response would have been "I wasn't questioning your decision, I was just confused, sorry."

Whether because of discomfort, worries about baby's welfare, or a need to deal with stupid obstetric policies, probably most of us will reach a point where we are actively trying to get baby out. Let's just trust each other to know when the right moment is to try get the show on the road.
#95 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie
I realize this may have sounded much different in your head than it came out in print, but that is NOT an apology.
I am not sure what is going on here. The reason that didn't sound like an apology was because it wasn't one. I didn't realize I needed to apologize. My motivation for asking the question was sheer curiosity, not judgement. I was just curious what was going on, since many of us are around the same due dates and I am interested in what we are all going through. I have learned things with this pregnancy that I never knew existed with the first 2, so I am always reading to see what people are up to.

My second post was an attempt to respond to her reply by saying that I am sure it is a stressful situation and I can understand why she said she only needed support at this point. I remember feeling very anxious with my first, but for different reasons. I wasn't apologizing becasue I didn't feel I had used improper form or judgement in asking the question in the first place. Perhaps there was an implied tone in my post that was unintended, but I am not sure how my asking the question showed a lack of "trust" as you call it. Yesterday was my first trip to this forum. Maybe I misunderstood the nature of. If I did, I am sorry for that.

I just reread my post and I am sure it sounds snarky too. I do not mean it to be. I do not know how to convey intonation in type, I guess. I feel very much like the new kid at school who doesn't get what's going on. I have never been on a MDC forum that felt like that before. That is my fault for waiting so long to join the group. I apologize for upsetting both of you.
#96 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother4good
I am not sure what is going on here. The reason that didn't sound like an apology was because it wasn't one. I didn't realize I needed to apologize. My motivation for asking the question was sheer curiosity, not judgement. I was just curious what was going on, since many of us are around the same due dates and I am interested in what we are all going through. I have learned things with this pregnancy that I never knew existed with the first 2, so I am always reading to see what people are up to.

My second post was an attempt to respond to her reply by saying that I am sure it is a stressful situation and I can understand why she said she only needed support at this point. I remember feeling very anxious with my first, but for different reasons. I wasn't apologizing becasue I didn't feel I had used improper form or judgement in asking the question in the first place. Perhaps there was an implied tone in my post that was unintended, but I am not sure how my asking the question showed a lack of "trust" as you call it. Yesterday was my first trip to this forum. Maybe I misunderstood the nature of. If I did, I am sorry for that.

I just reread my post and I am sure it sounds snarky too. I do not mean it to be. I do not know how to convey intonation in type, I guess. I feel very much like the new kid at school who doesn't get what's going on. I have never been on a MDC forum that felt like that before. That is my fault for waiting so long to join the group. I apologize for upsetting both of you.
((hugs)) I can understand your asking as well...because I was going to do the same thing. I can certainly understand the OP's frustration though. My last 4 children have been induced because I was dilated to a 4 and 95% effaced for a month with regular contractions and would not go into labor with my last one I was on bedrest from 26 weeks on with the same thing...and at 38 1/2 weeks was induced for signs of pre-eclampsia....but I would have never let them induce me sooner than term either. (luckily, my inductions were very positive experiences with my longest being 4 hours, and my last 2 being 1 hour and 45 min each--and those had epidurals even!!) We are starting to think my body just does not produce enough hormones to actually go into labor! either that, or it knows that i like being pregnant so much that it want's me to be like a gestating elephant!

Its Friday. It has been a long week. And I know that I personally am OVERLY hormonal right now-so i hope my post is not taken as mean either.

I am pretty sure the baby dropped this week. I can finally eat more than 2 bites of food. I had my belly shot on Monday, and I look totally different! Maybe I will take another one and compare.

((hugs)) to all and I hope we all have good weekends!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#97 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 09:26 PM

Eli just walked up to me and told me it was naptime. "I want a nap. Nursie nursies, please." When I asked him to give me a minute, he said "Now, mamma!" :LOL It totally blows my mind to think that in a few weeks, I'll have a little tiny person who won't be able to ask for her nursies with words for at least a month! Totally amazing. I just can't get over it!

It's taken all this time, but I really feel a strong connection with NewBean as my daughter now. I'm looking forward to seeing her and figuring out her name (we've got a very short list, but Mike & I have agreed that we can't name her until we see her), and learning who she is as a person. I no longer think of her as a small, intra-uterine, female version of Eli, and I think that's really contributed to the bonding process. She seems like more of a person to me than ever before and I'm getting to the "excited to meet the baby" phase of pregnancy. I'm definately at the point where I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, but I am not yet screaming "Get it OUT!!!" like I was with Eli at 33 weeks. :LOL

Father's Day-- I'm hoping to have a baby around then! :LOL Seriously, if I haven't delivered NewBean, I have no idea. I'll ask Mike about it, I have no clue what he wants. He'll probably say that he wants it to be better than his birthday the year I was pregnant with Eli (just over a week before Eli was born) and I can't really blame him for that, as it ended with a lovely night in the ER and me unable to speak for several hours. : Maybe he'll want some lovin' and, if I haven't delivered, I'll definately be keen on that! :LOL

I've discovered that I can get hungry if I spend the whole day chasing Eli inside; I stay active and relatively cool. If I step outdoors, I get warm and the appetite vanishes. Today I managed to drink a bit more and I even ate enough that Eli ate all of his lunch! Yay!

QoC-- I so know where you're coming from! Best wishes for a quick and safe delivery!

Greaseball--wow, that was fast! Very cool! I'm glad you like it, I hope everyone likes theirs. They're all similar, yet unique. In fact, if I'd been in my right mind I'd have taken pictures... but I'm kinda not with it. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#98 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe
I had my belly shot on Monday, and I look totally different! Maybe I will take another one and compare.
Ok, I wanna see!!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#99 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

It's cool, mother4good. Induction in general is really sensitive topic, but if you have no agenda there then you didn't say anything wrong. QoC and I are due around the same time and both showing signs of going early - so i just got a little momma tigerish. My bad.

I'm glad you found us, and we'd love to hear all about your pregnancy!
#100 of 117 Old 05-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Banned

I started the Birth Blessing: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=145491
#101 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 12:46 AM

I am trying to keep the baby in. I am 35 weeks and have high GBS colonization which increases the risk of PROM, and premature babies are at greater risk of GBS disease. My midwife prescribed douche with salt water 3x week and washing with hibiclens at every use of the toilet to reduce the colonization. I have no problem using the abx if she feels it is necessary because her decision on that depends on the person/labor/situation.

The head is so low it almost feels like it's falling out. So now I have to lie down in the middle of the day at least once. I have also always read this is unusual for subsequent babies but here we are. It has been very low for weeks now. Since I feel fine and can still bend/lift/mow the lawn it will be difficult to "take it easy" the next few weeks. I suppose I had better order my diapers soon.

My baby is posterior but my daughter was also born face-up. I had no "back labor" and was only in pain for maybe two hours so I don't worry about it. I really feel leaving well enough alone is the best course whether it is about position/induction/etc. Any time we take steps to interfere we increase risk of complications. But that is my birth philosophy; everyone has their own. I just wanted to point out having a posterior birth was no big deal to me; I wouldn't have ever thought of it except I remember my first was born face-up. She was not posterior before labor, btw, so she must have turned around to be born.

Amazing it is already close enough that some ladies here are ready to go any time! I can hardly believe it is the middle of May.
#102 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizD
I am trying to keep the baby in. I am 35 weeks and have high GBS colonization which increases the risk of PROM, and premature babies are at greater risk of GBS disease. My midwife prescribed douche with salt water 3x week and washing with hibiclens at every use of the toilet to reduce the colonization. I have no problem using the abx if she feels it is necessary because her decision on that depends on the person/labor/situation.
I thought that any kind of douche was more likely to push the bacteria up past your cervix... I seem to remember being told not to put anything into my vagina because that might send the bacteria up and in.

It seems that if Eli did have a GBS infection at birth, I will automatically get antibiotics during labor. The problem is, I got two full rounds of penicillin before I developed a fever during labor, so the GBS I'm carrying is already known to be penicillin-resistant; that rules out an entire class of antibiotics. I can't take sulfa drugs because of Eli's metabolic disorder, and I can't take the 'ycin' drugs because they make me horrifically ill. So where does that leave me?! :

#103 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 02:36 AM

Hm. I've been trying to figure out why on earth I'm still awake at 1:30 am when I finally realized... I've been having contractions since around 8:30 tonight. : Not labor, but enough to make me want to be up and bouncing on the ball. (I got a playball at K-mart on the suggestion of a friend who used one during her last homebirth... very big, very sturdy, very comfortable, and cheap too!) I'm going to pry myself away from the boards now and try to sleep. :LOL

#104 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
The problem is, I got two full rounds of penicillin before I developed a fever during labor, so the GBS I'm carrying is already known to be penicillin-resistant; that rules out an entire class of antibiotics. I can't take sulfa drugs because of Eli's metabolic disorder, and I can't take the 'ycin' drugs because they make me horrifically ill. So where does that leave me?! :
This has always been my worry too. I'm allergic to both pennicillian and sulfa drugs and I've wondered what they would give me if I was GBS +. It's always a pain when I'm really sick and need an antibiotic because the doctor has to match the drug w// the illness and then pick one that I can take and it's usually very expensive. Hopefully I will stay - as I was w/ the other two.
#105 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmommy
This has always been my worry too. I'm allergic to both pennicillian and sulfa drugs and I've wondered what they would give me if I was GBS +. It's always a pain when I'm really sick and need an antibiotic because the doctor has to match the drug w// the illness and then pick one that I can take and it's usually very expensive. Hopefully I will stay - as I was w/ the other two.
Zithromax. It's like, $80 for a 5-day course. Plus, I don't even know if there *is* an IV version of it.

#106 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Banned

I keep having dreams that the baby is malformed. Last night I dreamt that he had way too many fingers and the bones in his chest didn't match up (that part is a direct product of a movie I watched recently). All this figured out b/c of an in-utero x-ray (which I obviously never had). Weird dreams don't usually bother me, but during pregnancy I always wake up confused and have to lie there for an hour slowly telling myself all the reasons my dream isn't my reality. It gets a little old after a while. I look forward to going back to being a sceptic-even when I am dreaming!

What have the rest of you done about outgrowing your maternity clothes? I don't mind my belly sticking out of my shirts, but none of my pants fit anymore and I can't hardly walk around in my skivvies. I really don't want to buy anything I can't wear postpartum since I am so close to the end. Funny thing is, 2 out of the 4 pairs I have left that are comfortable aren't even maternity! They just fit under my belly comfortably. Okay, 4 sounds like a lot-it is definitely more than I had at the end last time, but when dh only does laundry every 2 wks and I am with a 2 yo 24 hours a day, 4 definitely doesn't last. Not to mention only one pair are really out of the house appropriate.

So what is the story on the blessings? I posted mine and no one has posted since. Is everyone waiting for something? Am I just impatient?
#107 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 11:47 AM

mattjule - I keep having weird dreams, too. The night before last I dreamt the baby was kicking me on the left side (as always) and kicked so hard that it ruptured through my skin! In the dream I thought, "Well, at least that broke my water! Maybe I should call the midwife..."

I haven't gotten my bracelet yet, but when I do, I'll add to the blessing!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#108 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 01:48 PM

38 weeks today! I guess this baby is going to hang around longer than #1. It's starting to get really low, though. It puts a lot of pressure on my bladder, and the mw said I have the faint beginnings of a UTI, so I'm trying to wipe it out so that I don't have to take abx.

Our chickens got attacked last night! One of them has all her tail feathers pulled out, and the other has scratches on her legs. We've been getting lazy and not closing the coop at night. I figure it was either a cat or a raccoon. They're looking kind of stunned today, and Linda is upset because we won't let her go out and chase them like we do every morning. We told her they aren't feeling well and we have to be nice to them. I think chickens are smarter than people give them credit for. Every time a cat comes into the yard, they make this alarm sound and then come pecking at the door. They know we will come out and chase the cat away. I wish there were some law about cats. You can't let your dog roam free, but your cat is allowed to walk into anyone's yard. It's not like I let my chickens wander around, getting into everyone's gardens...oh well. It probably was a cat who attacked them; a raccoon probably would have killed them.
#109 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 07:11 PM

Hello everyone!

I've had a very stressful week - DH has been working 12+ hour days all week so he's been very stressed and exhausted. He's missed two of my prenatal appointments in the last couple of weeks, we had to reschedule a meeting with our doula because something came up for him at work, and I have pregnancy photos scheduled for Monday night and he told me there's a good chance he won't be able to be there.

We had a nice talk last night (in the middle of the night when I woke up for one of my many trips to the bathroom) and I told him my concerns about not being able to talk to him during the day (he's ALWAYS in meetings when I call) and how I'm scared about being home with the baby while he's working such long hours. I reminded him that a little goes a long way when it comes to communication and that he needs to call me at LEAST once a day just to say hello and drop me occasional e-mails to check in.

He had no idea that I was feeling all this and we were both relieved once we talked about it.

Other than that I am having a massive surge of energy (OR maybe I'm just motivated by the fact that I'm now just about 36 weeks and I feel the clock ticking!). I have been majorly nesting - working in the yard, reorganizing/cleaning my kitchen, doing lots of baby . Fun...fun!

My parents bought us a glider rocker (they wanted to buy us a crib but we said we'd prefer the rocker!) and it arrived today. It is SO comfy and relaxing to sit and rock. Can't believe I'll be holding and rocking my baby girl in just a few weeks.

Grease ~ We've had many chicken attacks here...it's always SO upsetting. That's cool that your girls come and knock on your door. Our first chickens (long gone due to a fox ) used to do that. Our current batch don't tend to wander up to the house very much. We have a dozen chicks coming at the beginning of June (hopefully not the same week the baby comes). :LOL I can't wait!

We had an adventure this morning because our sheep figured out that they could jump out of their pen. We've been commenting for a while about the fact that they easily could but isn't it cool that they don't know it blah, blah, blah. This morning my DH looked out the window and was like...guess what? The sheep finally figured out that they can jump the fence. It was an adventure to round them up and get them secured again. Now I have to figure out what the heck I can build that will keep them in.

Anyway...

This is what happens when I don't get to post for a couple of days! :LOL

OHHHHHH...oh my gosh...how could I forget...Rynna...I got my bracelet last night. It is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! Thank you SOOOO much! I have to think about my blessing a little bit and then I will be over to join you Julie!

Peaceful birthing vibes to those who need them and gentle belly rubs (or foot rubs - your choice) to everyone else!

~Erin
#110 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

I'll post my blessing when I get my bracelet, too.

I had my baby shower today! Got some things I had registered for plus some nice surprises. One of my hippie friends knitted a balnket and also gave us soem Kushies, heh. She is hoping that I will decide to CD after the newborn period.

Dh had to go into work after the shower and he will be working tomorrow, too. He just got told on Friday that on Monday he is giving a presentation to a Really Important Guy, not saying who, but his name sounds a lot like Gill Bates. : If I were him, I would be having a panic attack. he is taking it very well though.

Greaseball, I'm so sorry about your poor bladder! Doesn't that suck? Keep drinking! Try cranberry capsules plus Emergen-C!
#111 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 08:46 PM

I'm so excited! My oldest dd's birthday party is in 3 weeks and I have been trying to figure out what craft(s) we were going to do. I had been looking on birthday express and they had so cute little fairy head pieces to make but it would cost me over $30 for the kits. Then I got my bracelet from Rynna and a HUGE light bulb went off! The wire that she used to put the beads on is the same stuff they used for the base of the head piece and then all they did was wrap some flowers and lace around it and voila fairy head piece! So I thought I can do these by myself without a kit. So off to the craft store I went and as luck would have it the flowers were on sale 4 bunches for a dollar and the lace and ribbon are on sale too! I also picked up some fabric paint and foam stamps so the girls can all make t-shirts too! So for less then $20 I have the supplies for 2 crafts! NOw I just need to go to Walmart and buy a couple of packs of boys undershirts and we're done. I get so excited planning the girls birthday parties!!

Now I just need to find some fairy plates, cups and napkins! It's so much FUN!!

On a more on topic note my surges have pretty much stopped. I think it was a combination of things. 1 I was running around like crazy the past couple of days and 2 we had a major thunder storm move through yesterday afternoon. By last night when the weather had calmed down so did my surges.

Also Julie- I'm trying to think of what I want to say in my blessing posting. I need to be able to sit and think about it in peace and quiet so hopefully tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
#112 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjhwkr
Ok, I wanna see!!!!
LOL--dh will be home tomorrow and I will get it then and post a link to see it.

I definitely have that little space in between my belly and my breasts now...so I know there is some extra room!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#113 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 10:15 PM

Hi everyone! Julie, I just posted my blessing on the new thread. Jeesh, your post made me cry. You're a hard act to follow!

Liz and Rynna, I'm sure you both already know this, but you may want to start taking a good probiotic since you think you may have antibiotics during labor. I would hate for either of you or your babies to get the yeasties due to the medication!

Erin, if your dh is online most of the time at work, you should both get Instant Messanger, or a similar program. Dh and I are in constant contact throughout the day thanks to IM!

My BH contractions have slowed down some, but I still get several each day. I've still been very tired, but have actually been sleeping well at night.

QoC, I don't know what to tell you other than keep on doing what you're doing! I always say that if I get really desperate I'll try the castor oil thing. I think you can blend it into a nice smoothie to make it somewhat palatable. Good luck! I'm thinking about you all the time!
#114 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 10:51 PM

About castor oil...doesn't it just work by causing diarrhea? Wouldn't any sort of laxative work, or even large amounts of juice and dried fruit?
#115 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 10:56 PM

well it is not "douche" but "lavage" - not to flush it out or force any in but just to wash out and lower the colony count. of course she was quite clear on being really gentle, and it's only 3x week. this will lower the risk of PROM and if the water does not break before labor i won't need abx at all.

there is also a piece in this week's midwifery today about posterior births and how after getting one woman's baby to turn anterior she had a really hard time unsuccessfully pushing until the baby moved back to posterior and was then born. all her babies were born quickly posterior. might be interesting for anyone who is concerned about posterior position and "back labor."

everyone has to do as they feel best, but as a doula i caution everyone strongly about inducing labor with things like castor oil. i have seen women make themselves really sick, cause labor when the baby wasn't in a good position yet and end up with a cesarean, and badly dehydrate themselves from all the diarrhea it can cause. others swear it works wonders, but be as informed as possible.
#116 of 117 Old 05-15-2004, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
Liz and Rynna, I'm sure you both already know this, but you may want to start taking a good probiotic since you think you may have antibiotics during labor. I would hate for either of you or your babies to get the yeasties due to the medication!
I did, but I'd totally forgotten! How, I don't know.. the thrush that Eli and I had... Wow, that was painful. And it lasted for ages, mostly because I thought when it started to hurt that it was because I was trying different positions too soon for him, or because "it can hurt a little in the beginning"... one afternoon when Eli was 2 months old or so, my mom saw me getting ready to nurse, took one look at my nipple and said "OMG, you've got a raging case of thrush! Doesn't that hurt?!" I was like, yeah it hurts, but how do you know it's thrush? : Ages of anti-fungals later, I posted on breastfeeding.com and learned about gentian violet.. and two days later we were both thrush free. Amazing stuff, that. :LOL Meanwhile, I say "Hey mom, have you ever heard of gentian violet?" and she says "Of course, that's what they used for thrush back in the old days. I didn't know anyone still did that anymore." It may be old school, but it's the fastest, most effective remedy for thrush I've ever encountered, bar none.

Eli seems to sense when I'm starting a contraction, and he chooses those moments to do things like play with plugs. : Oh! MIL and FIL bought a camcorder ("Eli's only going to be this age once, you know!") and I set it up last week and did a test run with it then and this weekend. Tonight, we played the tape back.. It's hilarious. I've never held a camcorder in my life, so it starts out really jerky. I felt bad about it, until we got to the part when MIL was holding the camera; then it's so jerky it's impossible to watch. :LOL She said "I guess we know who the expert was!" :LOL I saw my giant belly on camera, and felt really fat looking at it. I mean, I know I'm a fat person but somehow seeing myself on the tv screen was like... whoa! Not only am I hugely pregnant, I'm a real fatass! :LOL You can hear me talking the whole time I'm holding the camera, and at one point I'm saying "I wonder if this is recording the sound?" : : All in all, it was quite entertaining to watch.

Tomorrow is my last day of Sunday school; I told the director that I probably won't be able to teach this fall. I'll definately miss the kids, but I won't miss getting up that early on Sunday mornings. :LOL Of course, once I have my own vehicle I'll be getting up early on Saturdays to go to Torah study... and in another year or two, I'll be taking Eli to Sunday school, at the very least.

Speaking of which.. my mom is going to loan us the money to buy a minivan! I'll be able to put both kids in rear-facing convertible seats; this is important, because for some reason I doubt that Eli will be 35 pounds by the time NewBean outgrows the infant seat. :LOL She's also paying off my evil credit card debt, so MBNA won't be taking their pound of flesh every month. Mike doesn't really have much debt; he's an old man, so his student loans are long since paid. Mom may help me pay of my student loans, if I can bother dealing with the bank people long enough to get it sorted out. I suck at dealing with those people, I'd so much rather pretend that I'm a little kid and my mom's not home. :

#117 of 117 Old 05-16-2004, 04:30 AM

Man, preggo brain strikes hard, I had bunches to say and now can't remember a darn thing :

Lessee, I have my MW home visit on Thursday and all the stuff for my birth kit collected. A friend came over yesterday and cleaned the house Not everything, but did the vacumming, cleaned the Benny-crud off some walls and windows, washed the kitchen floor and counters, basically did the grunt work that I haven't had any energy for. I got the car serviced yesterday and am taking the cats to the vet on Tuesday for a checkup and dental work. I've ordered the last of the dipes I need, my Potty Pail and summer clothes for Ben and Dan. There's not much else that needs to be done so baby is free to arrive at any time now

I'm actually feeling a little less anxious about being so uncomfortably pregnant now, though I'd be happy if he came soon, the desperation to have it over with is lessening, for now anyway He is running out of room though, I can't imagine how he can get much bigger and still fit in there. He's curling way into a ball; his back is against the right side and his head is way down but his tush is moving farther towards the left and his knees get closer to his head all the time. It's so weird that I can tell what part is what so easily, I can seriously picture this newborn curled up in there, unlike with Ben when it was all just lumps, lol!

Julie, I am just dealing with the clothes situation as best I can. I fit 2 pairs of going-out shorts and have some for just around the house and have been wearing them all out. By this point (37.5 wks) it seems silly to buy anything new (and we don't really have the $$) so I'm just hoping these will work for a while longer and not bust a seam. I do still fit some of my stretchy knit pants and my one pair of maternity jeans sort of, but it's been too hot to wear them most of the time. Hey, I do have 2 pairs of JW knit pants that shrunk when I bought them that you are welcome to (I'm guessing you need some warm stuff since it's SNOWING in Colorado!!) They will probably be really loose in the legs (they're now about a large/XL) but the belly would probably fit well. Anyway, email me if you want them, I'm getting sick of seeing them and haven't had time to list them on Ebay.

Ok, I still can't remember everything so I guess I'll just post this. Hope you are all having a peaceful weekend and I send Queenie lots of labor vibes

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page