June Mamas May 9 - May 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 117 Old 05-09-2004, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
If somebody else has already started a thread for this week, I can't find it...

Anyhow:

"So they cultured the urine and it came back negative? Or they didn't test at all?"

They dipsticked the urine and saw nothing, so they sent it off to be cultured. That was FRiday afternoon. By 4:00 in the freaking morning on Sunday, the dipstick was positive. Normally, I know damned good and well when I have a UTI and bully the doctor into writing a prescription even if the dipstick is negative, but with the baby to consider, I was willing to wait. Bad plan.

In other news, the midwife on duty checked me and I am 1 cm dilated, 60% effaced and at -2 station. Yay for EPO!
#2 of 117 Old 05-09-2004, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I don't see another thread either...

You know what I don't understand? Lately, everyone has been bumping into my belly and not giving me the room I need to walk past them, like in the grocery store.

Can't they SEE how big I am?!

Does anyone know of a way to make sure the head engages? I don't think it has yet and I'm worried about the prolapse factor. With #1 it didn't engage until 38 weeks, and then I went into labor the next day. But my midwife said that the pubic bone pain I've been having might be from the baby's head being caught on it, so now I'm all worried that it won't engage.

I know people say that in subsequent pg's, often it won't engage until labor begins, but I know other people who are on their 2nd or later pg and they say they engaged at 28 weeks! : So I don't know...
#3 of 117 Old 05-09-2004, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Greaseball- I'm experiencing the same thing. It's like HELLO I ave a big belly here! I had this lady almost plow me over today in the grocery store.
#4 of 117 Old 05-09-2004, 10:50 PM

Greaseball-
I also am so sick of people not moving for me to pass!! I am HUGE, I guess they are just blind! With Emma I dropped at 33 weeks, I will be 34 weeks tomorrow and nothing is happening. I know that doing deep squats often will help baby to engage. But, my midwife told me that if #2 baby doesn't engage early, she doesn't worry about it.

Smithie - so what are you going to do for your UTI? That can be scary when you're pregnant...let me know what they decide. How many weeks are you now?

I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. We went to the cemetery and had a good cry. Then, I went to my brother and sil's and chatted with them and my 6 nephews and niece. That was nice. Then dh made a great dinner and we had lemon pie for dessert. All in all, not a terrible day. Not as bad as I thought it would be, sigh of relief.

Here's to another great week of being pregnant!!!! Our babies are almost here!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#5 of 117 Old 05-09-2004, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Kim, they put me on a seven-day course of Macrobid. They are culturing the sample to make sure they've put me on the right drug.

The Tylenol they gave me at the hospital has worn off, and my bottle at home was expired. So I'm very hot and ouchy, but I'm gonna be ok. I took a homeopathic fever/ache reducer, and it might have helped a little bit.

I think I may have leaked some fluid onto the bed - it's impossible to tell if it is just a large-scale normal secretion resulting from my increased fluid intake, or something else. Bleagh. The hospital mw said I was intact this morning, but I've had a lot of fever and sitting on the toilet since then...

QoC, I'm sorry you did the rollercoaster thing today.
#6 of 117 Old 05-09-2004, 11:53 PM

(Queenie) Prodomal labor sucks cause it messes with your mind but it is a good thing, gets stuff going and can make for a much easier/faster labor. Heck, you're already halfway there

Smithie, sorry it really is a UTI, OWIE!! Keep drinking a lot, it can help with the pain and "rinses" you out I hope you feel better soon!!

I think pelvic rocks are the best for getting the head engaged, but everything I've read lately says that most 2nd (or more) babes don't engage until the very end. At my MW appt on Wed she said it seems the head might be inside the rim now and I haven't had quite the same pubic pain this week so it's possible. As much as I really am anxious to have this pregnancy over with and have my baby, I'm not in a huge rush to get things going, so I haven't been doing the rocks much. He's been ROA for a couple of weeks and hasn't been shifting much at all so I think this might end up being how he's gonna stay. It's not too bad of a position, though he sticks his tush out at the same spot all the time and I'm a bit sore right there.

Well my nesting is going along nicely I've got all my AIO dipes done, finished the dipe bag, changing pad, pail liners, and wipes. Just a few more dipes to sew, but they are the bigger size, so can wait until later, and I have to finish the wetbags and mattress covers. Next weekend, once DH's bonus check is deposited, we go on a mad shopping spree for all the stuff we've been waiting on; the new dresser, blind for the living room, shoes and clothes for DH and DS. I'm also taking the cats to the vet and the car in for service. With such a long list of things left to get done, perhaps I won't focus so much on being uncomfortable preggie lady, lol!

OOh, bedtime for DS, better go scrape my guys off the couch. Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#7 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 12:00 AM

Smithie - and everyone else - thanks for the support. This was sooo not how I envisioned my first Mother's Day.

Its nice having m-i-l here, except all day every day I hear about how wonderful/sweet/smart/strong DH is - not that I disagree! But its a little intimidating to hear how perfect your mate is every waking hour. I will never live up to him in her and f-i-l's eyes - the best I can hope for is their approval on popping out a little clone of him (and I'm not doing a good job of that thus far, based on today).

My parents decided to drive out to visit (I told them not to yet, but they don't have to listen to me apparently), so they'll be getting in late tonight. I've cleaned house, so now I think I'll just do desk-work till they get here. It will be nice to have someone here who says nice things about _me_. Gosh, I sound like a spoiled brat - but its been a rough couple of weeks.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#8 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 12:38 AM

QOC, good job on going home instead of being induced!

I didn't really get or do anything for mother's day. I didn't realize it until later in the day. My mom canceled her plan to come here, which is fine since the last thing I want to do is entertain guests. But I just kind of laid around the house all day.

The first mother's day I had, when dd was 5 months, dh got me a huge card that was about 3 feet tall. The next mother's day, just a normal-sized card...and this one, nothing! Reminds me of when I worked in this office and for the first secretary's day, I got a miniature rose plant and a truffle, and the second one I got a "green plant" and a pencil. Then they laid me off.
#9 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 09:33 AM

Grease, that cracked me up. QoC, you sound very down...I hope having your parents there helps. Hugs. Smithie, good luck with the UTI...I hate those.

I had a very nice mother's day. I posted about it on last week's thread...somehow I never remember we're supposed to start a new one.

I had a moment in a grocery store this weekend too. Except for this time the person DID notice how big I was. The cashier asked me if I was expecting twins. And when I said "no". He said "triplets?". I wanted to knock him out. I mean, who the h*ll says that to a pregnant lady?

Well, I've got a full day...home visit happens today and while the house is fairly clean, I need to do some pick up and run the vacuum. I'm waiting to do the vacuumng until a little later after I banish the fur-ball makers to the yard for the day. They are both languishing on the carpet, enjoying the peace before DD gets up. Poor things.
#10 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 10:44 AM

((hugs)) Greaseball, I know how you feel! Last year DH didn't even SAY happy mother's day and I was so sad/pissed. This year he was smart and got me the 3 foot card.

I've always heard that it is common for the 2nd baby not to "drop" until during labor or right before.

I agree about people bumping into me, it just makes me *cringe.* Must be hormonal, I remember being this way with DS, I usually love crowds and stuff but these days I want everyone to stay as far away from me and my huge belly as possible.

Tamara
#11 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 12:54 PM

with my last 4 pregnancies, I have dropped right around 36-37 weeks which was nice in some ways but stunk in others! LOL....

Ouch on the UTI...but so glad you are getting treatment!

We did new belly shots last night....gotta love those stretch marks huh? I swear--this is my 8th pregnancy, 6th to make it full term and I stretch in different ways and get new marks every single time!! but heah, I finally talked dh into doing it bare belly--he thinks I am skinnier now than before I even got pregnant! but that is my size 18 body there in the photo if you are not too scared to check it out:
http://www.freewebs.com/jessicaandis...bellyshots.htm

I just can't believe how close it is all getting! this pregnancy has really flown by and I am trying to enjoy it as it will be my last one....but I am in so much pain from my SI joints popping out that I want it over too!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#12 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 01:04 PM

Well, later yesterday evening dh came home with flowers and a giant balloon, so it looks like he got it right after all. He also brought home some sparkling peach beverage, which unfortunately was gross, but at least he tried.

The balloon is HUGE! It's taller and wider than dd is. She loves playing with it.
#13 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 02:48 PM

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I've been feeling pretty good except for the usual aches and pains. I had a nice Mother's Day. We visited my parents for the weekend. Saturday was mine and dh's anniversary, so we went out to eat while my parents entertained dd. It was nice. For Mother's Day I got a pair of Naot sandals that I have wanted for a year. Yay!

Smithie, sorry about your UTI. I used to get them frequently but I haven't had one for years, thankfully. I did have kidney stones with dd. Of course that sucked too. Hopefully that antibiotic will kick in quick and by the time you read this you'll be feeling much better. I hate taking antibiotics, but if I have a UTI I start them ASAP! I'm sure you know this, but you should also take a good probiotic. You don't want to also get a yeast infection too! It also may help to ward off thrush if the baby is born soon. Take care!

Jessica, your belly shot is beautiful. Nothing to be ashamed of there. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones to not get stretch marks. I credit it to having a little extra there to start with, so there's plenty of room for stretching!
#14 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

(pops probiotic capsule in mouth)

Thanks for the reminder!
#15 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 04:31 PM

Anyone else feeling crampy?

For the last week I've been getting pretty crampy in the afternoon. Usually I just drink a big glass of water and lie down and I feel better. Today I'm at work and I'm drinking lots of water but I really can't lie down. I'll probably try to duck out of here a little early so I can rest before dinner.

I had an awesome Mother's Day. DH bought me a beautiful soapstone sculpture of a mother and child and was extra nice and pampering to me all day. My mom gave me a cute pair of nursing PJs. (MIL gave me a nursing nightgown for my b-day last week.) Both are really cute, but I'm not seeing a big need for nursing jammies (it's not like I'll need to be discreet around my DH :LOL ). But I guess the will be nice for the hospital and for when people visit and I don't feel like getting dressed!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

~Erin
#16 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 05:10 PM

I get the cramps too. Just on one side, though.

Does anyone else have these weird visual sensations? I see these sparkling sliver lights. I know, it could be worse! It usually happens when I suddenly stand up, but sometimes it seems to happen without reason. They don't come with any unpleasantness like nausea or dizziness. The midwife said it might be due to my low blood pressure, but the bp has only been low for a few weeks and these sparklies have been here for awhile. They are all over my field of vision, not just in the periphery.

???
#17 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 05:48 PM

Hello everyone .

My mother's day was really really long... I taught Sunday school in the morning and then stalled on getting back into the car because I was feeling funny again. I've been having regular contractions for the past few days. They're not painful but they are distracting and sometimes they interfere with what I"m trying to do. I guess they're braxton hicks; I'm still early enough that if I went to the hospital with them they'd probably give me terbutaline. I don't want to do that, so I'm staying home. :nana: I don't think my cervix is changing.. although of course I can't reach it. :LOL And the contractions aren't real strong, like I said they don't hurt. They are fairly regular, and they increase with activity, but I was having regular contractions way earlier than this with Eli so I'm not worried.

NewBean hasn't come close to engaging; she's still turning somersaults. I'm a little worried that she'll have a true knot in her cord, the way she rolls. It's much much worse when I'm lying down (I guess without the gravity to fight it's easier for her to turn).

I had a lovely day last Saturday, though. Mike, Eli, MIL, FIL, SIL and I went to a state park and had a great time. Eli let go of his wagon and fell face-first onto some concrete, and he has a horrible looking bruise on his nose & a less horrible looking one on his forehead, but other than that we had a great time.

I got some alfalfa, and it really does seem to help with my exhaustion... plus, I'm no longer backed up! Thanks for that suggestion! (Seedling, maybe?)

About UTI's-- I find that mind go away if I drink a scary amount of cranberry juice. I also find that, while cranberry juice is generally completely unpalatable to me, it tastes really delicious if I do have a urinary tract infection. I guess my body knows what it needs! :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#18 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama
Both are really cute, but I'm not seeing a big need for nursing jammies (it's not like I'll need to be discreet around my DH :LOL ). But I guess the will be nice for the hospital and for when people visit and I don't feel like getting dressed!
~Erin
Erin- I thought the same thing when my mom bought me some when I was pregnant w/ my first but I have grown to LOVE them and I don't think I could do w/ out. For me nursing clothes aren't about being discreet but I hate having a cold belly esp. at night and nursing PJ's keep my belly nice and cozy!
#19 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 06:15 PM

Erin,

I'm feeling crampy too. I don't know if it's my uterus or the fact that I'm so stopped up (sorry, TMI!!). But, I'm pretty crampy myself. Ah the joys of late pregnancy huh??

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#20 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 06:20 PM

I found that nursing pajamas were an absolute necessity for the first few months after Eli was born, but after that... well, just a waste of time. Eli was a twiddler, so I had to keep him from touching my other breast (still a huge struggle!) while he nursed. At night, in the early days, I had to sit up to nurse him (only the football hold works when your boobs are bigger than your baby! :LOL) and the nursing jammies made it much easier. He was about 4 months old before I could nurse him lying down (or in the cradle hold) and by then, he was reaching for the other breast. Well, nursing pajamas leave that other breast accessable, so I stopped wearing them around that time. (More for the morning and bedtime nursing than the middle of the night ones; he didn't/doesn't twiddle in his sleep. :LOL)

#21 of 117 Old 05-10-2004, 10:17 PM

Well, I'm feeling MUCH better today. Its nice having my parents here (I'm one of the few lucky people who are actually really good friends with their parents).

The weekly appt with my midwife went great - she was super supportive and understanding about how frustrating the false labor was. She checked me and said that I was "a good 5 cm" dialated and 80% effaced, and that the baby had dropped quite a bit because I was measuring smaller than last week. She offered to strip my membranes and I accepted. A few weeks ago I wouldn't have believed that I would agree to that, but I'm ready for this baby! According to my LMP I'm now 37 weeks, family is here, and I've been running around in PTL for over 2 weeks now. It's time! This baby seems to be a a good size (she guessed if I went full term it would be 8 pounds, so its about 6.5 now hopefully) so I'm not worried about the baby not being ready... She was concerned about this slow progression of labor, too, and said it would worry her for me to be running around much more dialated than 5cm. But, she still is very supportive of me laboring at home as much as possible.

AND, it would be wonderful to have the baby tomorrow because its my Grandmother's 75th birthday! She has 7 kids, 17 grandkids, and this will be great-grandchild #12 - and not a single one ever born on her birthday! I'm really close to her and I would LOVE to cement my spot as the favorite grandchild by giving her a birthday baby!

Anyone have any suggestions for getting this going tonight? DH and I are planning on taking a little walk after dinner and then BDing...

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#22 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Banned

i don't have a problem with ppl not making room for my belly, I have a problem w/ppl not making room for my toddler! like, I am pg and holding the hand of a 2 yo, I think the 2 adults could walk one behind the other instead of giving me dirty looks. I don't think they have to worry about their significant other running off in a crowd/store.

My Mother's Day was really nice, maybe I'll post it tomorrow. Tain is being absolutely TWO today and not letting me do anything. I am really frustrated.
#23 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 08:14 AM

QoC, the things I've always heard for getting labor going are lots of sex to soften the cervix (one friend said her midwife said three times in one day was the trick though that might be hard with all the family in town and also, I'm not sure about this after your membranes have been stripped...anyone else know?), nipple stimulation, lots of walking, stairs, bumpy roads, etc. However, if you are already 5 cm dialated, you are already almost there! With my first I was in labor for 14 hours, 11 of which were at home. When I got to the hospital I was 5 cm dialated. So in three hours I had the baby. So..get familiar with transition stage signs so you know when to get over to the hospital. I mean, having the baby at home wouldn't be the end of the world but if that's not what you are planning it might be a bit scary. I can't imagine once your labor starts that it would take too much longer to fully dialate. Of course, it would be really frustrating to go to the hospital and get stalled. Just listen to your body.

Julie, I find myself getting really annoyed with lots of stuff that childless folks do out in public. It's like they don't consider kids people...I think I shared about that evil librarian a few weeks back who was indifferent to my dd (which then provoked a full flung tantrum and LOTS of evil looks from bystanders). I remember understanding exactly how DD felt and wishing that *I* could get away with laying down in the floor and kicking my flip flops off half way across the lobby while screaming bloody murder. I mean, so often it seems that folks forget that children ARE people with their own identities and a whole complicated set of emotions.

Well, my home-visit went well yesterday. My midwife is so laid back that I always feel kind of hyper around her. It's hard for me to get past the regular routine that you typically follow with a care-provider. It's like I have this little agenda that I need to tick off in my head of stuff to cover. Fortunately, I already know that I get very internal when I labor so the laid back approach of my midwife will work just great and my hyper/agenda toting self will receede. Anyway, I was glad that the appt was here because DH actually got to be here for it (this is only the second appt he has been able to attend). He was reassured again about how comfortable he felt with her. Anyway, I'm 36 weeks today. One more week and then I'm free and clear at any point. I really can't imagine going to my due date. For some reason I just feel like I'm going to have this baby a week or two early. I have to quit telling myself this so I won't be too disappointed if I go late. It would be ideal if I could wait for just a week before b/c then DH would be off work for a month. If I go before that, it will interfere with final exams.

Anyway, I'd better get to work. I've got a retirement luncheon to attend today so DH is just working half a day so I can go. After that I have what may be my last appt with my back up doctor.

Happy Tuesday all!

(Oh, and Rynna, glad that the alfafa is helping! My system has been amazingly clear this whole preg and I credit it to that supplement.)
#24 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 10:18 AM

Good morning. Eli informed me that today will be diaper free... thus far, he's peed on the potty once and sat down on it for a few minutes and farted but no poop. :LOL : We'll see how things go. He looks very tall today, and I can't decide if it's because he's growing or he's naked & his legs are closer together... I think it's a little bit of both. Woohoo! I was starting to wonder if NewBean was going to be bigger than Eli before she was 4 months old, but it seems like Eli's having a growth spurt right now. Maybe it's all the colostrum. :LOL I was actually leaking in the shower the other day. Nice!

Is it strange that I'm still totally impressed by my body's ability to feed my children? I still think it's just so cool that my body can continue to grow a baby after they're born, you know? I've been nursing for 18 months now, you'd think I'd have stopped getting excited about having milk.. :LOL

Next weekend, I am cutting off *all* of my hair, and the following weekend I'm having a yard sale. At the end of the yard sale, I plan to put everything that's left into a few boxes and auction them off on eBay if I can. "Huge lot of women's clothing, sizes 10-12, $1.00" :LOL It's really at the "get it the hell out of my house" stage. I can't wear some of my favorite t-shirts anymore, because they're just inappropriate. "Tell your boyfriend thanks" takes on entirely different nuances after you have children. : or "Just be happy i'm not your kid", which my own mother thinks is hilarious.. it's just wrong on a parent. :LOL I'll be keeping "keep staring! I might do a trick" and "don't let your mind wander-- it's too small to be out by itself" and probably "you suck and that's sad" which always makes me giggle when I wear it. :LOL

Last night, I tried to tape something and discovered that Eli has completely killed the VCR. I sincerly doubt that it would be worthwhile to repair it; I only paid about $50 for it, and that was... 8 years ago? :LOL I'm sure it'd cost more than it's worth to fix it, but it's just so irritating!! We were planning on buying two big bookshelves with the tax return, but now we're thinking we should buy an entertainment center to protect the dvd player (which is thus far undamaged as far as we can tell) and the new VCR (which I don't even want to buy until we can put it out of reach). : Hopefully, we'll be able to get something with shelves for books/tapes. :LOL

My belly is huge and achey. NewBean is still turning somersaults all the time.. my mother laughs and says "You did that! And you used to swing from my ribs, it drove me nuts!" :LOL I still think that she's got a really long cord and that's why she can do such things. I'm looking forward to finding out, but since I'm only 34 weeks I'm willing to put off getting really excited about the birth.

Speaking of putting it off... QoC, my mother was 6 cm dialated with my brother for nearly two months before he was born. Her doctor was convinced that she'd drop him on the sidewalk one afternoon. :LOL She ended up scheduling an induction on her due date, but the nurse waved the pitocin needle at her and suddenly she was pushing. :LOL

#25 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Freakin' A.

After 48 hours on Macrobid for this stupid UTI, my fever has not gone down. If I try to stop my Tylenol regimen, I get body aches and not-insignificna pain in my sacrum and hips and the fever goes right up to where it started - 2 degrees above my normal temperature. My heart races, the baby's heart races... aaargh.

I had to call my doc's office THREE TIMES yesterday to get somebody to read my urine culture and tell me if I'm on the right drug (my doc himself went on vacation right after telling me I didn't have a UTI). five minutes before closing I finally got an answer - they told me the culture "grew multiple organisms" and that I should stay on the Macrobid. I have no way of knowing if a doc actually examined the test results or just yelled out "tell that bitch to keep taking macrobid!' as he waltzed out the door.

They open in nine minutes, and I'm going to call them and beg for an appointment, maybe with their ARNP. If I've dilated more, I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't have my fabulous hippie birth center birth if I go into labor with a fever - it'll be the hospital and IV antibiotics and continuous fetal monitoring etc etc ad fucking nauseum.

#26 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 12:06 PM

I had this problem too with #1. Every time I got an infection, they would say "Oh yeah, Macrobid is the right drug" and I'd take it and the infection would still be there. I told them, and they kept telling me "the culture" said it was the right drug, and we all know how test results never lie...:

Finally they agreed to try something different...but after a few weeks on it, I looked it up and saw it was the same drug! They had just given it to me under another name! Macrodanton. They did it again with Nitrofurantoin or something like that...same drug, new name. It's like it was against their religion to give me a decent drug.

When I ended up in the hospital at 16 weeks, they gave me a shot of Rosefin. It was an IM and really quick; didn't have to stay overnight. I continued getting infections until 30 weeks, when I was put on a Sulfa drug, and they never came back after that. They said Sulfa can't be taken except in the last trimester, so maybe that's something that would work for you.

Keep harrassing them...and learn all the different names for Macrobid!
#27 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 12:07 PM

Smithie I'm sending you healing vibes!! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Ya know what I think is funny?? People either tell me I'm HUGE and look like I'm going to pop(gee thanks!) or else they tell me that I can't possibly be 6 weeks away from my guess date because I'm carrying so small. : How can I be both???? The other thing that cracks me up is that on Saturday I was told that I had dropped w/in the last week and that my baby was low and then someone else told me I was carrying high. Oy!
People are strange!
#28 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaseball
Keep harrassing them...and learn all the different names for Macrobid!
HEre's a list from Dr. Hale w/ the different names of Marrobid:
Nitrofurantoin, Furadantin, Macrodantin, Furan.
There might be some new ones but I don't have my new copy of Meds & Mother's milk yet.
#29 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 12:18 PM

I had a UTI that didn't respond to antibiotics, too. Turned out to be viral. Like I said, I drank a ridiculous amount of cranberry juice and felt better. Of course, I didn't have a fever... my blood pressure did go up (it does that when I'm in pain) but other than that, I didn't seem sick. I just couldn't urinate even though I felt like I had to all the time.

#30 of 117 Old 05-11-2004, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I am sick as a dog, no question about it.

I have an appt with their DO at 10:15 - the receptionist assures me that even though she is a DO, "she practices just like a regular physician." WTF does THAT mean?

Thanks for the list of drugs-that-are-really-Macrobid.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page