June Mamas May 16-22 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 167 Old 05-21-2004, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
That's the weird thing - I've been drinking far more than usual, but yesterday in particular I was SO thirsty and drank like a madwoman - only to wake up with UTI symptoms. I've never had a yeast infection so I'm begging God not to send me my first one now.

I'm going to add the probiotic capsule back into my morning regimen, and take some cranberry capsules later in the day. But what will really work is getting this baby out while I still have a few days left on my course on amoxycillin, so that my bladder can resume its normal position and the last stubborn colonies of bacteria can be effectively zapped. Right now, I basically have two chambers to my bladder - one that is accessed when I initially pee, and one that I can open up by performing ridiculous contortions on the toilet. There is a distinct sensation as my uterus shifts and compartment #2 is able to empty. It doesn't empty all the way, though, which is my problem.

So, send me labor vibes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 167 Old 05-21-2004, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
well i think i may have had the second baby on here! my daughter was born at 1145 am today (21st). we did have our homebirth and she was 6 p 4 oz. she dosnt have a name yet. ill post a story soon.

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#153 of 167 Old 05-21-2004, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liz, congratulations!!!
#154 of 167 Old 05-21-2004, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congratulations on baby #2!

Please please let me be next!
#155 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 01:01 AM

Congratulations, Michelle and Liz on your births!
#156 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 01:09 AM

Congratulations Liz and Michelle! I was just reading back through a few days, and I missed your announcement Michelle. Sorry

How cool to see us having babies now, after all these months.

Greaseball, I am sending you "You next" vibes! :
#157 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
No no, ME next! :LOL

Congratulations, Liz! I'm so glad it all went as planned!
#158 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 01:51 AM

No-No..me next! If I go into labor tonight I can avoid the stool samples tomorrow! :LOL

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#159 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 02:42 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the new beings!

I am happy to let others go next. I have to wait at least until after Thursday (37w) because that's the day I'm having my belly cast, and since this is the last time I plan to be pregnant I would be disappointed to miss out on that. I've never had one before. I have mapped out most convenient dates for the baby to be born. Preferably when husband is not working, though working in town would be more manageable than the days he will be out of town, and after June 2 so there will be no arguing with the insurance company about coverage.

I met a wonderful, amazing, fabulous pediatrician today whom I am so grateful for. This is the first time in the ten years since my first child was born I have found a pediatrician I am more than just tolerant of; it was just like stepping into a warm tub.

People are starting to say, "oh my god!" when they see me and the mailman was speechless yesterday. "You look like you're about to....." and he couldn't think what to say after that.

I have stabbing sharp pains in my cervix like electric shocks, which I know to be normal but still come by surprise and can be rather painful. Also when the baby stretches and really pushes things like my bladder or cervix aside, that hurts. Heartburn is worst from one am to four am, and then it seems easier for me to sleep. Those new tums taste so awful but I have found sucking on them instead of chewing them more bearable, and they also seem to work better on the tummy that way. Only unpleasantness is waking up with a shrunken tums glued to the roof of my mouth.

As a doula I must say my personal advice is to leave well enough alone as far as interventions, especially AROM. Castor oil, herbs, stripping the membranes may or may not work, but AROM puts you on the clock and it also may not work. Especially if you have not gone past your due date, and there is no medical reason to induce. I have seen this lead to cesarean birth too many times.

I have also been trying to keep the place clean, and have been cranky with my daughter, and not really wanted to see anyone, or rather only wanted to see select people.

My midwife makes her home visit Wednesday. I will probably decline any internal exams since I don't think they necessarily tell one anything, and they increase the risk of infection.

Good luck to everyone hoping to have their babies in the next few days!
#160 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 08:07 AM

Wow Liz Congrats and welcome to your little one!!! It's so weird I remember over on the ttc boards when you found out you were pregnant and now your little girl is here! Yippeeee!!!
#161 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe
No-No..me next! If I go into labor tonight I can avoid the stool samples tomorrow! :LOL
I will graciously let you go next.
#162 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 12:59 PM

YIPEE LIZ!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear the birth story!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#163 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 01:10 PM

Congratulations on the new little ones!!!!

We were up for about 3 hours last night with contractions every 3-7 minutes and then they stopped. Wow does this baby need a lot of practice getting out. I am, again, miserable today. We hired a mamma's helper to come and play with kids while we clean up today -- getting house ready for kids' caregivers when we go to hospital.

I too am getting the stabbing pain on my cervix and it sometimes brings me to tears. OUCH!

Peace,
#164 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 02:37 PM

Good morning! Congrats, Liz! It's so cool that we're having babies already.. I'm totally amazed! I'm not due until the end of June, so I've probably got quite a bit of waiting ahead of me but each new birth just gets me more excited, kwim?

I may have the option of a cervical check at my next appt, but I won't bother. I haven't lost any mucous, I've had sporadic, non-painful braxton hicks contractions, and I'm just not anywhere near labor. Hearing about how ripe or unripe my cervix is would just be depressing for me. :LOL Of course, with the whole GBS issue, it may not be an option for me at all because of the risk of introduction of the bacteria into my cervix. So we'll see! My next appt. is on Wednesday, after Eli's well baby check. I'm so not looking forward to that; we're not seeing his usual doctor, and I'm a bit concerned about this other person not being as pleasant as Eli's doc. He thinks I'm a little strange, but that's okay.. I so don't want to hear that I'm endangering my son's life by not giving him a shot for a disease he's already had.

I've got those stabbing cervical & vaginal pains too. I wish someone had told me they were normal with Eli, I thought that something was going horribly wrong. For all the "stuff they'll never tell you" books about pregnancy, that's one that just doesn't appear in any of them. Nor do they tell you that your hair might fall out... what they say is "Your hair may become thicker, shinier, and fuller during your pregnancy". Mine started falling out in clumps with Eli and the doctor was like "oh, that's normal." WTF? Why didn't anyone tell me?!?

Definately tired of being pregnant already.. but not quite ready for NewBean, so I guess I should relax and watch everyone else have their babies. I feel like I'm forgetting something, though... hmmm....

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#165 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 03:23 PM

I actually get pleasant feelings in my cervix. Is that weird or what?
#166 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaseball
I will graciously let you go next.
thanks...unfortunately, no labor today! :LOL but the diarrhea is magically gone..I am wondering if I should even still worry about it?

Cervix pains..yes OUCH! they do hurt. But I get them so often now that I am kind of used to them.

I am sure my OB will check me at my next appt, just because he will be doing my GBS then too. Honestly though-it just doesn't matter! My lsat 4 births I was dilated 3-4 and 80-95% effaced for a month before I was induced due to other reasons, so I don't get excited over progression anymore! :LOL

Busy nesting! went and bought tons of cleaning supplies yesterday. and my oldest kids are very busy scrubbing walls (can you believe that they actually LOVE doing that???)

I've been thinking of throwing together a ton of sauces etc to freeze for quick meals later too....

Belly has totally changed this week! She has finally come more forward and so I am looking more pregnant. I still had someone the other day say they could barely tell I had a baby in there :LOL

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#167 of 167 Old 05-22-2004, 11:42 PM

Yikes, I missed so much!!

CONGRATS to Michelle and Liz!! YEAH!! I cant wait to read the birth story Liz! Both of you, enjoy your babymoon!

This has been a long week. DH has been working 14-16 hours a day, and I am exhausted. I just want someone to come and take my children away for a couple hours so I can nap...
Oh yeah, then there's the getting ready for baby stuff I feel so guilty about not having done yet. The homebirth supplies Im supposed to have washed and ready, labor pool I havent ordered yet, cleaning I havent done. I want to do all of it right now, but I just dont have the energy. Im 38 weeks officially, so I probably should get on it, huh?

I met the other day with a backup doc from Kaiser. He was FANTASTIC!! I am totally stoked to have found him. He will catch a breech, he doesnt care that Im homebirthing, he was unconcerned that I refused a vag check, and was good to the kiddos in the office. He asked if there was anything else he could do for me. I was like, well, I was kinda thinking about asking for an US to check the position of the placenta. He said "well we can do it right now, it wont be all official with measurements and such, but it will tell us what you want to know" I was like cool! So we did a few minutes of US, to find the placenta, check the spinal column, stomach and bladder bubbles, heart, etc... It was weird that I asked for an US that wasnt necessary, but it was nice to see everything the way it was supposed to be. And we still dont know the sex!

Hmm... everyone/everything annoys me right now, at least for the last couple of days. My 4.5 yr old DD is just like this: And my DS is : I feel like bad mama for asking for quiet time, but sometimes I just want to lock myself in a closet. Not that that would keep them out, though Zachary pounds on the bathroom door when I close it...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page