June Mamas May 23-29 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 171 Old 05-28-2004, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
Wow, Kim! What an amazing belly! Are you doing a belly cast? That would be so cool! And just how do you know you'll find out in a couple of days whether it's a big baby or lots of fluid? Do you feel like the time is getting near? I don't feel like I'm getting that close yet. Of course, with dd it all came on very quickly and I never would've suspected I was remotely close until my water broke.
We're having an u/s on Tuesday. I need the peace of mind knowing that everything is ok. I am a bit of a freakshow this pregnancy...I guess with it coming right on the heals of Emma's death it is to be expected. Anyway....

I don't think I am too close...I dont' know why, but I am thinking June 17. We'll see though...I want to make it to at least 38 weeks this time. But, we will see!

Ryanna ~ You can come out from hiding...some women get stretch marks and others don't. It's fine with me! I actually love mine, they are my love marks! So, no worries!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#152 of 171 Old 05-28-2004, 10:35 PM

Kim--if those are bad stretch marks, there is NO WAY I am sharing my bare belly!! I swear, my stomach stretches in different directions with every single pregnancy! LOL...but I guess I don't look bad for having my 6th to term pregnancy oh yeah, and your belly looks great!!

Am I the only one measuring small??

So much for my May baby! I was soo hoping to have her in May so that all the kids birthdays would be a month apart. Now we have June, July, August, Sept and October...so May would have been perfect! :LOL

Go to see my OB on Wednesday..he will do my strep screen then and check me. I just wanna know what position she is in....hoping she isn't still posterior with this anterior placenta!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#153 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the input on the Baby Wrap. And thank you for the link, Julie. Yes, I was talking about the African version. I really want a sling that is very comforatable for both me and babe. With the Nojo, I felt that I couldn't get it tight enough around me. The ring also kept digging into my shoulder. I remember dh telling me a few times that Jared never really looked comfortable in it. (It could just be that I never truley found a good way to wear it.) I'll keep researching before I commit to one.

As for the co-sleeping, I'll talk with him about using the cirb as a side-car for the new baby. As I mentioned before, I just don't feel right kicking Jared out of our bed. He's an easy-going child, but I don't want to take advantage of that. Or risk him resenting the new bean.

Don't even get me talking about stretch marks. I have so many from preg.#1, and now have even more with this one. And that's even with applying moisturizers and other oils that supposedly help prevent the mark. As my first mw told me, it's mostly based on genetics. I guess she's right.

Those pregnancy photos are awesome! Those professional shots are so beautifully done! Simply beautiful!

Rynna - congrats on the new minivan! May you always travel in safety!

Taking a shower....boy am I looking forward to cleaning under my belly with ease after delivery! And drying off! Also, when I bend over to wash the feet and legs, I get a little lightheaded since I can't breath all that well in that position. Woohoo!

Today my mom asked me to talk to my dad out of taking her to going on a "day" trip to Md to visit by brother. My bro lives 4 hrs away from my parents, and at LEAST 6 hrs away from me. (And not to mention that this is the holiday weekend!) Both my mom and me are concerned that if I go into labor tomorrow, she probably wouldn't make it in time for the birth. (Dad doesn't want to be there, and that's fine with me!) He wasn't too happy about it, but I let him think that letting my mom stay home was his idea! Just so you understand, he hardly ever asks for input, and assumes that everyone will just do as he plans, even if it inconviences everyone else. He's a very insecure man, and I think that's why he does that.

Hey, does anyone sometimes hear a "popping" sound every so often in the uterus area? I hear 2 "little" ones in the past hour. I don't think its gas, but I'm willing to be wrong. I guess I really want to meet my new baby this weekend!

Anyway, I should go and get some sleep!
#154 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe
Am I the only one measuring small??
Nope. I measured 35 cm. on Wednesday and I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. I've been a little small the whole time, but the baby is actually right on schedule, according to the U/S. I think he's just really squished in there.
#155 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I measure small, too - and I AM small, for term. I'm pretty happy about that, since moving and sleeping and such are not as challenging as they would be if I were bigger.
#156 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 01:11 AM

whew! glad to see I am not the only one measuring small! I am measuring 2 weeks behind too....I think I worry more about it due to my lack of weight gain throughout my whole pregnancy.

I am determined that in order to avoid assault charges and jail time I just better stay home until Isabella is born. I am wayyyyy too hormonal! :LOL

It only gets worse as the days go by...but I am trying sooo hard to enjoy these last precicous weeks as this is my last pregnancy

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#157 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 04:55 AM
Banned

Ack! Invalid thread again! I am going to have to copy every post like I used to just in case.

Jaredsmom-I never really liked ring slings, either. I have an OTSBH and I only used it a handful of times and that was after Tain turned one. Now the one Robin suggested looks really cool. I think I am going to make it for dh, that is one that would be easy for him to wear.

So I finally finished the birth announcements! And I realized that I will be 36 wks on Mon (well, technically on Weds, I guess). Speaking of, how do you all turn over the weeks? My edd is on a Weds so I should do it on Weds but my u/s was 6 days ahead of my edd so I figure turning over on a Mon is perfectly reasonable and easier for me to keep track of. Kind of irritates me when I think of myself as 35 wks and my mw tells me I am 34 1/2. Just give me the 1/2 a wk for pete's sake!

Anyway, realizing that I am getting close to my 37 wk goal (I don't think I'll be that early, but that is the earliest I can have my hb so it has been my goal to stop stressing once I reach 37 wks) I did all sorts of fun birth stuff tonight.

I made my labor phone numbers list.

I double checked my birth supplies and smartly added quarters for the laundry.

I made an "after birth plan." Sounds kind of stupid, especially b/c I don't have a birth plan, but last time there were some issues that happened after Tain was born that I don't want repeated. Like putting the placenta in an old stockpot instead of the beautiful ceramic bowl dh and I had made when we got married. Or the IL's arriving before we were even cleaned up and dressed. Like everyone holding him right after he was born and the mw giving him his vit k shot when I wasn't even in the room (dh was with him, but still). This time I don't have to be saddened later and I don't have to try to remember anything. I just made a list.

Well, I need to get to bed. Have a peaceful night, ladies. Rest well and birthing vibes/staying in vibes to each of you as it fits.
#158 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 07:09 AM

Morning everyone!! UGH! I've been up since 5:00 a.m., I just can't get back to sleep so after almost an hour of just laying there I decided to get up. It's not fair my kids are actually sleeping why can't I????????? I had this problem at the end of my last pregnancy but not this early.

I had a NoJO w/ my first and I thought it was ok. I never really used it until she was older, like around 6 months so I didn't have tightening issues. When my second was born I felt like I couldn't get it tight enough w/ a newborn because of all the padding and I bought a Maya. I LOVE my Maya. I have two now. One that I bought and one that my mom made for me. I cost less then $10 to make including the rings so I'll never buy another one again! I think I'm going to have her make me another one for this baby. I also have and absolutly love my fleece pouch from Kangaroo Korner. I don't like nursing in it but I love it for carrying the baby. It's so cozy!! I'm trying to justify buying a cotton pouch from KAngaroo Korner since this baby will be a summer baby but I'm having a hard time especially since I just bought a beautiful diaper bag from Whimsical Wears. I told dh that after 5 years of carrying a paln old diaper bag I wanted something nice! Actually in the end it was about the same price as the one I was looking at from lands end and I got to support a WAHM instead of a big company.

Dh & I are going out tonight for our anniversary! We will have been married 8 years next Wednesday. My mom has the weekend off so we decided to celebrate early. We haven't been out alone together in a while. We were making it a point to try and do something just the two of us once a month but lately it jsut hasn't been working out. I think the last time we were out alone was our night at the spa almost 3 months ago! My kids are psyched about spending time w/ grandma so it should be good!

Monday our doula is coming over and doing a sibling class for the girls and a belly cast for me! I'm so excited I can't wait! Everyone around me thinks I'm nuts for wanting a belly cast. But this is our last baby and I want something to remember this pregnancy by. She's coming over around 11:00 so I think I'm going to make lunch. I'm just not sure what to make. I was thinking maybe a veggie quiche. Any suggestions???

Alright I've rambled enough and now I'm hungary!!!! So I think I'm going to wander downstairs and find some food!

HAve a great one!
#159 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 10:00 AM

James woke me up at 4 am, again. Anybody sensing a pattern? :

Anyhow, I'm just about to start a thread on this, but the first thing that came to my mind when my eyes popped open was "I must use cloth diapers." So please go look at my other thread in this forum, where I will ask some moronicly simple questions.

I was pretty happy with the way my "professional" preggo photos came out. By the time they are ready to pick up, I should be going back with James to have a photo shoot with his grandparents! Very exciting. I signed up for the Smile Savers Club, and now I can go in as many times as I want for the next 2 years with no sitting fees. My MIL is very happy about this - she's one of those folks who like 12-month collages and such.
#160 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 12:02 PM

Good morning everyone! Wow, it's beautiful here today. After 8 straight days of rain, it's so nice to see the sun!

Sandi, why would anyone think you're nuts for wanting a belly cast? That seems odd. I love my belly cast that we did with dd and we're doing one on Monday for this baby. Also on Monday, we're getting professional photos taken. A photographer who works with dh is in town from L.A. for the weekend and he'll do them for free. Yippeee!

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. Today my parents are coming to get dd and take her to her great-grandmother's for the night. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive. I always get anxiety when dd leaves. I'm so afraid something will happen to her. Do you all think that's weird. This will only be the 4th night she's spent away from me. Fortunately, she loves her Grammy and Poppy and I know she'll be fine without me. When they're around, I might as well be invisible!
#161 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, today is my due date! I don't think it's gonna happen, though.

I remember when I first started the Brewer diet, him saying that most women who follow it go 10-20 days overdue, but I had pretty much abandoned it these last few weeks so I didn't think it would have that effect. I'm going to try starting up some kind of modified version of it (the same stuff, only less of it) because if this baby is going to hang around, I better be giving it some better stuff. Yesterday I only ate ice cream, juice, cake, crackers, and two cheese sandwiches! What the hell kind of diet is that?!

I'm actually looking forward to all the moronic comments from everyone I'm sure to hear if I go more than a few days over!

Smithie - I'm also a CD moron. When I can't stand not knowing something anymore, I post a question in the diapering forum, but it's kind of hard to relate to everyone there. First, I don't cd exclusively; I just like cd's because they're cute and look comfortable. And I don't spend hundreds of dollars on e-bay getting the most expensive diapers; I don't like to spend more than $10 on one diaper (AIO or pocket) at all. I find a lot of good stuff on the TP. I only have a small stash for the new baby and 3 for dd. I'm expecting a few more in the mail, so I can play the waiting game again - which will come first, the baby or the diapers?

Dh does not approve of cloth. He thinks it's gross and that I won't get them clean enough without all the chemical sanitizers. So I'd been cding dd in secret but he came home yesterday and she was wearing a Bumkins AIO with fish on it and he said, "Uh, did we run out of diapers?" And I had to explain my plan to cd her while we were at home.
#162 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom

Sandi, why would anyone think you're nuts for wanting a belly cast? That seems odd. I love my belly cast that we did with dd and we're doing one on Monday for this baby. Also on Monday, we're getting professional photos taken. A photographer who works with dh is in town from L.A. for the weekend and he'll do them for free. Yippeee!
Why well... most of my "friends" think pregnancy is something to just get through and not enjoy, therefore they want NO reminders of something that horrible. I live in a very conservative world. sigh!

[/QUOTE=Doodlebugsmom]I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. Today my parents are coming to get dd and take her to her great-grandmother's for the night. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive. I always get anxiety when dd leaves. I'm so afraid something will happen to her. Do you all think that's weird. This will only be the 4th night she's spent away from me. Fortunately, she loves her Grammy and Poppy and I know she'll be fine without me. When they're around, I might as well be invisible![/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. I worry all night when my oldest stays w/ my mom because I'm so afraid that something is going to happen. My mind makes up the weirdest and worst things possible and I ususally end up calling before bed and first thing in the morning.
#163 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 02:58 PM

Grease, happy due date day!

I think we might actually attempt the belly cast tonight if nothing comes up. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and I've got to do some running around this afternoon to prepare for that. Tomorrow looks like a super busy day. And Monday does too.

I'm so tired all I want to do is lay in bed. I worked a whopping total of 13 hours last week (supposed to work 20) :-(. I just don't have any energy anymore. Yesterday I went to just lay down for a bit at 8:00 and didn't get up (other than to pee) until 7:45 this morning.

But on the happy news front, DH took DD out late morning today to get an oil change and run some other errands (poor DD) so that I could finish my project for work. I've done that and am glad the car finally has fresh oil to boot. So this afternoon I'm going to try to clean up my pigsty/house and hopefully get DH to clean out the car and install the baby seat.

I'm 11 days from my due date and DD was born 4 days early. I hope that means I only have a week at most left. I'm really weary and I've had a major increase in BH ctx this week. I didn't really have any with DD so this is a totally new experience for me and I don't like it. I don't know if it's b/c I've not been diligent enough with my water intake or if it's b/c I'm getting close.
What signs, if any, are you guys having? I don't remember being this anxious for the baby to get here with DD. I'm kind of driving myself crazy.

I think a large part of it is I'm so tired all the time and I'm ready for two months off from work and for DH to be home for the month. He's just got to work Mon thru Wed though so I guess I can hang in there until then. I just hope he's actually helpful instead of just wanting to go do stuff all the time or watch movies. He doesn't do real well with unstructured days so it'll be a toss up to see if he is focused enough to really help out. I know he will help after the baby but he might be slack before hand.

Well, I'd better get off the computer. Happy Saturday.
#164 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

The only sign I've had is that the baby is getting lower, but not totally engaged yet. I was measuring a consistent 3 weeks ahead and at my last visit it was 4 weeks behind, so it's getting down there. I declined the internal exam but if I make it to the 41-week appt I think I'll ask for one.

I've also had a few b/h yesterday and today that were not brought on by any walking; I've never had that before.
#165 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 07:36 PM

Happy due date Grease!!

After several days of more painful stuff I actually feel pretty good today. And I am actually a little bummed out by that Though I went to show Ben how it's his birthday in one week (as is my EDD) and thought it would be nice to get through the week and be able to celebrate with him at school on Friday and do something fun on Saturday (we are planning a party for the week after, maybe) I didn't realize how stressed I would feel at being due on his birthday, it's really kind of bothering me. I am happy to not have many contrax today, though, it's much easier to continue being pregnant when I'm not in pain.

OK, I'm gonna cut this short cause my hands are really tingly today and the typing is making it worse. I hope you're all having a great saturday!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#166 of 171 Old 05-29-2004, 11:03 PM

Hello all...

I can totally relate to the shower thing... We actually have a kinda big shower, big enough that DD (4.5) DS (2) and I can shower together with the kids playing on one side and me under the water. That is, big enough when Im not HUGE, LOL... The last couple of weeks every time they move they bump into my belly or run into me. I have to squat down to clean them both and its getting tougher to get down and back up again. I can still wash my legs and feet, courtesy of the built in shelves on the side (the shelves used to be big enough for me to sit on so I guess they are really seats, LOL!!). Sad to say, the shower is the nicest thing about this house =)
Im planning on laboring in there quite a bit... The floor is big enough to hold a birth ball, but we have to deflate it to get it in and out of the bathroom, LOL.

Im feeling pretty monstrously huge (I guess at 39 weeks I should) but Im still surprised at the things I can do... Like carrying my 27 lb 2 yr old son up a flight of steps to get to my midwives office, or getting down on the floor and up again to change and chase and play with the kiddos... The belly definately makes it tougher, but not impossible to get back up, as long as I have enough room.

Im also surprised that Im not a tremendous b!tch this time. Except when I get behind the wheel . Im a total road rage case... The funny thing is that when I rationally look at what it is that pisses me off constantly when Im driving, Im convinced Im just an idiot magnet when Im pregnant. People do the stupidest things all the time around me... :
Ive been irritated at my DH, and I know Ive been more strict with the children lately, but I havent been nearly as bad as my mother on a good day =) Besides, is it really so bad to expect children to listen to you, help pick up their toys, or stop dumping out the toybox? I love my little ones, but sometimes I wanna chuck out most of their toys... I get so sick of picking up stuff they just throw around and dont play with...

Im measuring at 37 (at 39 weeks). I've been measuring around the dates, low by a couple or a few most of the time, then a growth spurt and I'll gain a couple. Its not really a cause for concern for me or my midwife.

I dont remember who (a few pages back) someone mentioned a midwife talking up shoulder dystocia. Its crap that big baby= dystocia. Fully 50% of the babies that get stuck are less than 8,5. And like someone else mentioned, weight isnt the big factor, its a combination of shoulders and pelvis. Laying on your back or semi-sitting increases the risk because it narrows the pelvic outlet. Turning the mom into a squatting or all fours position usually loosens a stuck baby by giving more room in the pelvis and using gravity like its supposed to be. True shoulder dystocia is rare, and usually not a problem (unless you have an epidural and several wires attached to you and a doc who doesnt know how to handle it).

I had a labor scare the other day (Thurs) . It really was a true scare cause I am not expecting this baby until the 13-14 of June. Im going 10 days late =) And because my prediction was spot on with Zack, I figured I have plenty of time for this one... YIKES!! Contx every 5 minutes for almost 5 hours... I was cleaning my bathrooms thinking I was in early labor, LOL... I was totally relieved when it finally went away! So this weekend, DH and I are doing the yard work and the last minute deep cleaning/dog bathing/mopping/etc. Next week, my mom is taking the kiddos for a little while and we are going to shampoo our carpets. Then all I have to do is wait...

Ive been having some... hmm... not exactly "cooter pain" ~ LOL at that!! But warm stretching uncomfortable-ness- not quite down there, but at the bottom of my belly. It really feels like my cervix, I remember this feeling from labor with DS. Usually it only happens when Im having a BH, or when baby is pushing down there, but last night it was constant for a few hours... I was ready to drag out my hot socks to heat it away. Im thinking I must be damn near complete already! Wish DH would check

On Monday I am going to a friends house and she is going to take some pics for me. Hopefully we will have time for a belly cast, lunch and a swim in the pool too Likely, we will get some pics before I have to run back home. I'm really excited about it though... I hope I turn out okay!! And Im wishing I had waited to cut all my hair off, it would have made a really great boob cover for some photos! (Now its on its way to make a wig for a kid without hair, so no great loss.)

Okay, novel over!! I gotta get here more often so I can post a little less every time!
#167 of 171 Old 05-30-2004, 12:53 AM
Banned

Brooke-did you ever get your birth kit? Just curious considering your labor scare!

Happy due date Grease!

I had lots of bh with Tain and it seems to me even more this time, though my memory with stuff like that pretty much sucks. I attribute it to a less in-shape uterus plus nursing. In the last couple days my ctx while Tain is nursing have gotten more intense. I usually only have one or two per breast, after let-down, so it isn't a big deal, but it does make me feel like my body is getting more ready i.e. it is more sensitive to the oxytocin that is released by bfing.

I made myself another dress today. It took a while, but now I have a pattern made so the last two should be quicker. It is so nice to have something that fits without making me feel like a sausage and isn't hot.

My announcements are totally done and now I just have to finish making clothing and hair for Tain's waldorf doll and I will have finished everything I really wanted done before the baby gets here. It will be nice to not have anything hanging over my head for the last 3-4 wks of my pg.
#168 of 171 Old 05-30-2004, 04:03 AM

Julie- I did get my birthkit. I ordered it a couple weeks ago, it got here the day before my home visit at 37 weeks, talk about last minute! LOL... My midwife hands out a list of stuff you are supposed to do before 36 weeks, I hadnt even started on it (or really looked at it) then. Most of it is together now, except the sheets I want to labor on, they are in the dryer

Im actually kinda surprised everything is done before early labor, LOL... Now if I could only get the energy required to mop the floor!!
#169 of 171 Old 05-30-2004, 06:57 AM

Hey, I think James might be ready to come out!

I'm having contrax less tahn 5 mins apart, that last for about a minute. The mw says this might be IT and I should stay up and about (since that's what feels best) and call again when they start to hurt more, at which point we'd go in to the birth center.
#170 of 171 Old 05-30-2004, 07:38 AM

Well, we're off to the birth center! Wish me luck!
#171 of 171 Old 05-30-2004, 08:19 AM

Good luck, Smithie!! New thread!!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page