30 May to 5 JUNE!!!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 163 Old 06-01-2004, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't actually... Eli woke up when Mike left for work and spent 45 minutes crying for Daddy, then nursed for another hour or so... the only driving I did was to move the minivan to the other side of the street so that I wouldn't get a ticket. :LOL Tomorrow, though, I'm taking it on a fairly long trip. Yay! I'll go see the doctor, run some errands, and if I can get a hold of my best friend I'll drag him out in it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#62 of 163 Old 06-01-2004, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
OMG...I just went through my checkbook and saw that I have spent $275 on diapers since I've been pregnant! A diaper or two here and there from the TP and from Naturalbabies! That's sort of insane...I should have made a registry at NB and sent it to my family members and let them buy all the stuff, but somehow that seemed rude.

It doesn't even seem like I have that many dipes for all the money I've spent on them. For dd, all I have are 2 pocket dipes, an AIO and a fitted, and I'm waiting on 2 more pockets and 2 fitteds. For the new one, I have a few newborn and small fitteds, maybe 10 pockets, 6 proraps, and a few AIOs. That's not that much!

I'm glad dh and I have separate checking accounts. He never has to know...

(I'm going to post this in the CD thread so ignore it there.)
#63 of 163 Old 06-01-2004, 07:15 PM

LOL Grease, I've done the same thing! I had a couple of months of being totally out of control on the trading post and invested close to $200 (DON'T tell DH!) But I do have a huge stash now right up thru size medium (I bought very little new ... most everything I got used at really good prices). Add to that what I already had for DD and I'm basically covered (or the baby's butt is).

Well, I've been having BH cntx all afternoon. About the same as last Saturday. To the point that standing up to chop up the brocolli for dinner was uncomfortable and walking to the mail box an excercise in not looking crazy in front of the neighbors despite the urge to clutch my belly and sit on the ground. I NEVER had any of this with DD so I'm really questioning what these are. They don't feel like labor contractions but they are really really uncomfortable. With DD I had no question after about an hour that "whoa, this is the real thing". With these I'm like, "no way, can't be real but if they are just practice it's not a nice practice".

Anyway, just sent DH out to start on the lawn (it'll take him two days to do the whole thing though so if I do have the baby tonight we'll have a half way done yard) and I'm getting ready to vacuum yet again. Still haven't waxed the kitchen floor. Or spread the remaining mulch. Maybe tomorrow.
#64 of 163 Old 06-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Banned

Tanya-I agree that those are GORGEOUS photos.

Well, we had a playgroup today and everyone actually made it! There are 4 mamas in our town group (est. here at MDC) now and more that post but have not been able to make it yet. The kids are really good to each other with the exception of 2 boys who met today and didn't seem to get along that well. I think that will work itself out, though, they didn't seem to be malicious towards one another, just not get along well.

Okay, so I have to really school myself, but I let myself "check" once a week. I am just so curious to know how my body is doing things. I feel like I am right on track with getting ready to birth, though I can tell it is still weeks away. My ctx when Tain nurses are stronger and longer than they used to be. Anyway, I checked myself a couple days ago and my cervix was shorter and open so that with two fingers in it I could spread them without them touching each other. Since I don't really know how to interpret anything, I just thought that was kind of exciting, like my body is ripening itself and when I do go into labor a few weeks from now, there will be less work involved. So the weird part is today I checked and it is more closed and a little longer. I guess it fluctuates, but I had never heard of that happening except in moments of tension/fear during labor. It doesn't concern me at all but I did find it really interesting.

I totally sunburned my legs at the playdate today. I had sunscreen everywhere else, but I thought I'd be in the shade or standing with Tain so I didn't need to put it on my legs. Well, it was really breezy and I was wearing a dress so we decided to sit in the sun. Guess I learned my lesson...

I only have a few projects left to do. Robin, I am making my first ring wrap tonight. I am excited to see how it turns out. I got the 3" rings in the mail today!

Well, that's all. Have a good evening...
#65 of 163 Old 06-01-2004, 09:55 PM

I still can't find my cervix. I think I will ask for an internal at my appt in 2 days.
#66 of 163 Old 06-01-2004, 10:46 PM

Flat tire on the mower. DH not very motivated to get it off and take it in to have it fixed tomorrow. DH not very motivated to do anything. :

Insisted DH install baby car seat. So that's done.

Waxing kitchen floor as soon as the mop job I just did dries. Vacuumed downstairs again.

If I'm still pregnant tomorrow, I'm going to take stinky dog to have him washed at Pet Smart. DH did it last week but he still smells horrible. And I'm going to try to spread some mulch too.
#67 of 163 Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 PM

Well, today we had the ultrasound because I was measuring (and still am) 46 cm. Baby is good. There is only one (HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF) and is head down!!! The head is right on my cervix, WONDERFUL!! According to the measurments, baby is about 9 1/2 lbs. Of course at this point in the pregnancy, the accuracy of the weight is give or take 2 lbs...so baby could be 7lbs or 11 lbs! I think it is probably closer to 8...the ultrasound also said my due date is June 11 instead of the 21. So, instead of being 37+1, it says I am 38+5. I am dilated to 1 cm and my cervix is still pretty high up there. However, I am starting Evening Primrose Oil. It is supposed to help ripen my cervix. My midwife told me to take 3 orally and insert 6 vaginally at night. I'll combine that with lots of sex and nipple stimulation, and hopefully the baby will be on his/her way next week!!!
Other than being HUGE and having so much pressure down low, I am feeling ok. I'm not sleeping too good, but I will live and luckily it won't last forever!!!!! That really helps a lot to know, if I thought that I would be pregnant forever, I would never do this again. But having had one child, I know that birth is inevitible! YIPEE!!!

Ok, now I am off to read the rest of what's been going on today!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#68 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wow, Kim! What exciting news!

My mw did a home visit today, and James has recovered 100% from his slow start in breathing and body temp. My stitches look good, too, and my nipples aren't any more battered than is normal.

Sorry if this is TMI, but I figure it's important info: since I didn't want an episiotomy and James had a hand up and shot right out of me, my labia tore on either side of my clitoris. If you doctor describes this to you as some sort of horrible thing, tell him to shove it. I am so much happier to have these superficial tears than a deep muscle cut farther down. And there was certainly no nerve damage! Otherwise I would not be so ouchy!
#69 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 12:15 AM

Kim, if you ever face induction, make them go by your LMP date rather than the u/s date. U/s is notoriously inaccurate for messing up dates...as well as baby sizes.
#70 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 12:16 AM

Hi again everyone!

Thank you all so much for the good vibes. It doesn't seem to be an urgent situation at this point. I am having blood work done Thursday, and possibly an ultrasound next week, unless baby comes first. If it is solid growth, they will biopsy again. If it is fluid they will drain. If it is soli, and the biopsy coes back 100% benign, I don't have to worry about it anymore. If it is at all questionable, it is recommended to remove it. It can be done surgically, a few months after the baby comes. If it is a serious cancer situation though, that would be different and need immediate attention. I am quite relieved.

Greaseball, I have spent way more on cloth diapers than I have any right to! I made most of my stash, but honestly, does any newborn *NEED*45 fitteds a dozen porefolds, 10 covers and 7 pocket diapers? I haven't told dh about the dozen size 0 Kissaluvs I bought, just because they were in the outlet section and came in colors.

I am feeling really good physically, if not emotionally. I woke up the other night and cried because my oldest is planning on moving out in July, and she is planning on moving quite far away. Far enough that we will probably have only yearly visits at most. I am sad that she is leaving for my ownfeelings of missing her, but more because of how much her siblings will miss her. The sadness of knowing how upset my 8 and 5 yo dds will be when they realize they won't see her every day breaks my heart. And this new baby......they will hardly know each other. I know my kids would move out of the house, I just wasn't prepared for them to move out of our lives.

Anyway, I am still pretty comfortable most of the time. My ankles were awful at the conference, but I haven't had an swelling since I have been home. Some heartburn at night is the worst thing going on. Baby is very low, but I think my chiro adjustments have helped with the pubic and back pain I was having. I am so glad to be able to completely relax and just let baby come whenever he or she is ready to come.

Well, I am tired, and it has taken about 7 hours to finish this post! :LOL I will talk to you all later.
#71 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 02:31 AM

Grease~if I face induction then I will go by my ovulation date. I haven't had a period since I got pregnant with Emma. When she died I was fulltime breastfeeding and my cycles hadn't returned. Luckily though I started charting my temp and know when I ovulated. However, I don't think that I will be induced or that it will even be discussed. I am having a homebirth and being a vbac, I won't do anything that isn't natural for helping getting things going. If that means I go to 42 weeks and have a 15 lb baby, then oh well! :LOL Thanks for the advice. I know that u/s at this point are really unpredictable, but I feel like baby is around 8 lbs right now...just a big kiddo!

#72 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 08:51 AM

Kim, glad your news was so good.

Donna, sounds like you have reason to breathe a little easier too. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers while you wait for results. It seems so far off to think of my DD leaving home. I can't imagine how you must feel. That sounds really, really hard. Like you are caught between wanting what will make your child happy and letting them have the freedom they need and your own emotions (and those of your other children) about not having them in your daily lives.

So far today, I'm feeling okay. I'm taking dog to get a bath, going to PO, going to playdate, getting some groceries, coming back home to work while DD hopefully naps, and then going back in to town late in the day for bloodwork (hope my platelet levels are still up). After all that, if I'm not too tired, I'm going to spread some mulch in the garden. It really needs it since we're getting cranked up summer wise here. I guess I should be happy I have another day to take care of stuff like this.

I really just can't believe how impatient I feel. I was NOT like this with DD. Last night I was thinking how I just needed to let go of all that impatience and know that God has a perfect plan and that the baby will come when the plan says it is so. But then I thought "What if God really wanted me to wax the floor first?". So it's waxed now! I'm really only being partly funny with my thought pattern here.

Okay, off to take care of my list!
#73 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 12:03 PM
Banned

Wow, I just looked at the list and there are 5 mamas due during this thread! Seems so fast that it is all coming together...

So happy to hear everyone has had good news! What a relief for both Kim and Donna.

Kim-so measuring that far ahead is just baby or there was some extra fluid in there? You can do this hb, yipee! I know my hb is SO important to me...

Donna-not like it is much consolation, but I moved out when I was 17-my youngest sibling was 6. And you are right, most of my younger siblings and I don't know each other very well. They got over it pretty quickly, though, (it was a lot harder on me than them!) and we were close before I moved out. As much as it saddens me that I missed so much of their growing up, it isn't a hopeless situation. We just forge new relationships based on who we are now. It has been kind of nice, in a way, to not carry the baggage of their childhood into my interactions with them now. Being the older sister, it would have been really easy to treat them as little children otherwise. It isn't ideal as far as having close relationships like my mom always envisioned for us, but that doesn't mean we don't love and care about each other. Sometimes being in a big family means when you leave you need some time to find out who you are outside of that context. Our family was much different that yours, more kids and lots of special needs kids, but all of us that have moved out have found that to be true.

Seedling-take care of yourself! You sound like you are going to be exhausted when you go into labor...

I slept horribly last night. Woke up starving at 3 am, ds was permanently attached to me, even when I would push him more toward the middle of the bed in desperation. I finally moved to the guest bed (yeah, we have one!) at 7 am, but never got to go back to sleep before he got up. Oh well, I've been spoiled the last few weeks w/dh getting up with him. Guess the real world is starting to sink in again. It has been like a honeymoon for me and I will be sad when everything goes back to normal, though him having a paycheck again will be really nice.

I have been working on my dh's messenger bag-that is almost done. He is such a patient man, it has been mostly done for a few months. But then he got a laptop so I needed to make a padded insert for it. So that is almost done, then I am going to make him a sling, then a sling for a friend of mine once we test out his to make sure we like it. THEN I'll see to the house. Dh picked up the clutter in the living room last night so it isn't too bad.

Well, I am going to get going, I have some errands to run. Belly rubs to everyone still cooking and labor vibes to those of you who are ready!
#74 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 12:54 PM

is anyone else EXHAUSTED????????????????????????????

2-1/2 weeks to go and i can NOT get enough sleep. i was up until 3:30 every night over the long weekend and had a house full (45 people) on sunday, which was GREAT, but it caught up with me today i think. i also can't take any time off work, because the more i take off, the more stress i put on my husband, since we work together. i know i sound so whiny, but i am having one of those days where i just want to GO HOME!!!!!!!!

thanks for the outlet, ladies. sorry i haven't been posting a lot. how is everyone feeling? who's still working?

~laura
#75 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 01:26 PM

Julie~ Yeah, I have lots of fluid and a bigger baby. So, that's why I'm measuring so big. The u/s tech said that I had borderline abnormal amounts of fluid and said that baby's bladder was full, so if s/he goes to the bathroom I'll have abnormal amounts! :P I told my midwife this and she just laughed. I am on the high end of the range, but it's nothing serious. My blood pressure and weight gain and urine are all fine, so we're not worried. I will just have a big baby...I've expected that all along, so no biggie!

I am SO tired today! I couldn't sleep last night. I did the EPO and was pretty crampy all night. I plan on spending a lot of time in the swimming pool today. That always helps me feel better!

Seedling~I am with you...I keep saying, "Whatever God's plan for this baby is, I will accept it", but DANGIT I want baby here next week!! I REALLY don't want to have the baby this week...too much going on. And, Sunday is my Mom's birthday, I don't want to have the baby on her birthday. I'll never hear the end of how they are just the same, birthday buddies, blah blah blah...I don't want to deal with it. I just keep saying June 10. We'll see...but I am also feeling really impatient. I think I am feeling so impatient because I am SO big! I can't imagine that there is a whole lot of room left for baby to grow in there!!!

#76 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 02:00 PM

Greaseball
Quote:
OMG...I just went through my checkbook and saw that I have spent $275 on diapers since I've been pregnant!
Oh gosh, I wish I had only spent that much. I think I am around $600 now. Once I started, I just couldn't stop!

Nothing to report here. Didn't have my May baby. We'll try next time since I hope to have kiddos about 2 yrs apart.

Oh, my nephew was born on 5/27. He was 10 days past due and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. At 38 wks they were telling her he was already 7 lbs 14 oz and they were estimating him to be around 9 if she went past due. Way to scare a woman.

Course my midwife offered to me w/o my asking that she didn't think I had a big baby in there, just a "nice avg sized one that should slip right out". And of course as I sit here chastizing SIL's Dr. for telling her what he did, I find myself holding onto what my mw said. So within the last couple days I have stated that I think this baby will be 8 lbs 2 oz or so. I didn't ask my mw what she meant by nice or avg size, but assumed she meant around 7- 7.5 lbs.

Oh I just can't wait to meet him/her and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was asking Steve the other night when he thought the baby might come and he said "by this time next week". He says he's basing that on how big I am (uh, buddy, there is still growing to be done) and the fact that he started feeling an urgency to get things done within the last couple days.

Myself, I had been thinking that I'd go past June 14 (my o EDD) but when my mw checked me she sounded so positive about my cervix doing "some work" that I got to thinking maybe I wouldn't make it to June 14 after all. I have had the #21 in my head for a bit now, but I thought it was going to be my nephew born on 5/21. Instead he was born on 5/27 and I'm thinking maybe it's me that's going to have a baby on the 21st.
Not that that wouldn't be ok, but I'm so ready to see this little person!!!!!!!

Lucky Mommy to 1 awesome 5 yr old son , 1 strong minded 19 month old baby girl ::, and 1 beloved angel baby
#77 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 03:15 PM

I crashed and burned pretty hard yesterday (you experienced mamas were probably waiting for that), but my own mom arrived in the evening and saved my ass. James also got his tummy full for the first time in his little life and has been asleep for OVER AN HOUR.

I took a bath and then lay down for an hour all alone by myself, and that was all I could manage. I'm a tear-drenched wreck. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think maybe I need some fresh air.

Despite a slightly cracked nipple, bfing is going very well. I am so relieved about that.
#78 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 03:36 PM

AARGH! I am so exhausted and so tired fo all these contractions and cramps and NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING! Ob tday said cervix is lower and softer but still very CLOSED! I am cranky and mean and just want the baby to come!

Thanks for letting me rant.

Peace,
#79 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Banned

Smithie-actually, that makes me feel normal. I keep reading about these mamas with the perfect babies that don't cry for hours for no discernable reason and how they sound so rested and together. I remember how it was for me after Tain was born...he slept a lot the first week or so, but after that it was aweful! I was so sleep deprived I cried all the time from exhaustion, I just wanted 2 minutes to pee without him crying, it was very hard. I was starting to feel like everyone had a secret I didn't have! If it helps at all, Tain was better by month 2. So it was only 3 weeks of really hard stuff. Sounds like forever right now and it seems like forever when you are living it and 5 minutes is a long time, but it is kind of like being in labor, it helps to know there is an end somewhere. Hang in there, it is hard, but it will get better. I am glad you have some help. I only had help for the first week, when everything was fine, so I know how alone and overwhelmed you feel. Big, big hugs to you, mama. You are doing a good job.
#80 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 06:41 PM

Hey everyone! I haven't read through the new messages but wanted to ask for some prayers today. Just got back from an appt with the MWs and they are concerned that babe's flipped to breech They're having trouble feeling the head in my pelvis, from the inside and out. At the very least, he's gone posterior so his position is just way different than it's been. They're worried because I'm about 2-3 cm dilated and pretty effaced and my bag is bulging and it would be not so great if the bag broke with his head up. We're heading down to the US clinic to double check. Please send head down thoughts!! I'm trying not to freak out, but it's hard. I can handle posterior, but breech means automatic section wit hour HMO Dr or paying for a hospital birth (and poss section) with the one Dr in the city who will attempt a vaginal breech.

Gotta run, Dan's worried about traffic. I'll post when we get back and let you know how it went!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#81 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 06:42 PM

Laura, I'm still working though not as much as usual. I only worked 13 hours last work and I usually work 20. So far this week I'm three hours short. I'm tired of working too. I feel like there's too much other stuff I'd rather be doing. And if I'm not doing that, I'd rather be sleeping.

Julie, I know I need to take it easy, I'm feeling a little nuts right now. I got everything on my list done today but I'm only working two hours today and I'm not going to mulch. I'm going to bed early. I just get so frustrated trying to sleep b/c I'm so uncomfortable. I can really nap well during the day but the phone rings constantly or DD refuses to sleep. Then at night DH keeps touching me, trying to spoon and I just want to knock the ever loving crap out of him. So between having to pee every two hours, being way hotter than normal, and having the touchiest husband in the world, I'm having some frustrating nights. I usually end up on the couch about 3 am and then toss and turn till 6 am. I just can't get comfortable.

Smithie, what Julie said about this period being horrible but short is so true. I remember feeling like I was really going to loose my mind when DD was born. I really hit the wall when she hit her two week growth spurt and nursed every hour and just wailed because I didn't have enough milk for her increased demand. It lasted for two days and I was just beside myself. That was the lowest point. DH woke up one night to me begging DD to stop crying because I couldn't take it anymore and actually yelled at me b/c I had scared him I sounded so desperate. But that's how I felt. I WAS desperate. I was a miserable crying wreck and it was just. so. hard. All you hear about is how wonderful newborns are, what a magical time, yadda, yadda. And yes, that's true. But there are also dark, dark nights. I dreaded nighttime b/c it was then that I felt truly on my own. But after that dark picture, I'll say that the good news is it doesn't last that long! You'll get thru the exhaustion and baby will start sleeping better. Part of our problem was that DD wouldn't sleep by herself AT ALL. Co-sleeping SAVED me. It wasn't something I'd even considered before she was born but I quickly decided it was the only way I was going to survive her infanthood. So you just figure out that magic trick for your kid and go with it. By two months I felt like I had a grip on things again, felt like my life had some order to it, etc. I'm glad your Mom is there. You need to be sleeping every chance you get and letting everyone else take care of housework, diaper changes, etc.

Now I've managed to scare myself about life once the baby gets here!

Well, it's time to get dinner going. Have a good night all.
#82 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 07:28 PM

Had my OB appt this morning. Got to see my nurse instead cause dr was in surgery. we had a great visit. she said baby is head down, but couldn't tell if she was posterior still or not. she thought she could lift her head out of my pelvis, so she said she wouldn't be able to feel the fontanelles.

Did my GBS and checked me....she was a little startled cause she said "her head is right there! guess she is further down than I thught" :LOL you didn't have to tell me that! I could tell everytime I try to walk.

So I am 2 and she can stretch me to almost a 3. 75% effaced.

Not that it really means anything because this is what I do for a month before being induced finally...but it was nice to know all this pain is doing something!

I did have a good amount of protein in my urine...so she wants me to come back and see OB on Monday to keep an eye on it. With Alexis last time, at this exact time in pregnancy, my protein started getting bad and my BP started going up and up so they are going to keep an eye on it.

Hoping everyone is feeling better today...looks like we are all having some off days this week! :

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#83 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 08:07 PM

Today is our 8th anniversary! We took the girls to swim class and then we all went out to dinner.

I had a dr appointment and saw my ob and I found out that I am group b positive. I'm so frustrated! It adds a totally unexpected kink. He hates having to administer the antibiotics but it's hospital policy. UGH!!!!

I have been having on and off surges for a couple of hours now and my lower back aches. If my oldest's birthday party wasn't friday I might be tempted to listen to my baby come out script. I'm thinking that maybe I need to write up the particulars for her party so someone will know what to do if I'm unavailible.

HAve a good night everyone!!!
#84 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 09:22 PM

Oh Robin, you are definately in my thoughts!!! Having had a breech baby and a c-section, I am PRAYING that Kieran turns for you, or stays head down if he already is. I am anxiously awaiting your news!!!!

#85 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 10:56 PM

Well, my worst fear has come true; I've got a breech babe here. I have an appt for a version consultation tomorrow afternoon, and will be trying everything we can think of tonight and tomorrow to get him to turn back. My MWs are very worried that I'm so close to delivering there is a good chance I will go into labor before he gets flipped back. Also the version can cause my membranes to rupture. I'm trying really hard to stay calm and just talk to him and get him to turn back.

#86 of 163 Old 06-02-2004, 11:00 PM

Robin, I am so sorry! I will pray that he turns back. Seems I've heard some success stories with alternative methods of turning babies? I know you must be so upset. I really will be praying for you.
#87 of 163 Old 06-03-2004, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about the breech! Here's hoping he turns for you.

I've got great news, though: I am GBS negative! That's just so cool! When my dr. told me, he kind of laughed and said "You were expecting to be positive, weren't you? I can tell." :LOL I totally was, it took me by surprise. At any rate, that means no abx, and no IV until the epidural. I asked about the c-section rate for him/his practice/the hospital (three separate entities, really) and he said that he doesn't do c-sections but in the past year he's had three ob patients who've had them, one for a breech and two with other problems. His practice averages 12%(since the recent medical lawsuit hullaballoo; before it was closer to 9-10%), and the hospital 12-15% for non-repeat cesearians. He also said that the practice's back-up doctor hates to do c-sections and will do everything in his power to avoid doing them. So I'm not worried. I told him that I *will* be eating during labor if I'm hungry, and explained very clearly that I understood the issue and he said "You know what's going on, it's your call." I also asked about episiotomies, and he said that they don't routinely do those at the hospital at all, they only happen if a)the baby's head is really low and not coming out or b) the shoulders get stuck and won't come out. They'd rather do an episiotomy and reach in to turn the baby than break the clavicle. Episiotomies are apparently very very rare at the hospital; even most shoulder dystocias are dealt with by changing position these days.

I finally got a hold of my best friend and I'm going to see him on Monday!! Yay! I'm excited. He said "What are you doing on Monday?" so I told him "Unless I'm having a baby, nothing at all." :LOL He said "Well, if you're having a baby, call me anyway." : I miss him so much! It's been nearly a year since I've seen him, and about 7 months since I spoke with him last. Now that I've got a vehicle, though, I can see him more often. Hooray!

Oh! I lost a bit of mucous today! It wasn't much, and it wasn't bloody, but I guess it's a good sign that my cervix is opening a teensy bit. Very cool! Mom asked why I didn't have an internal today, and I told her that aside from the fact that they don't routinely do them at 36 weeks, I didn't want to know. If I'm thick and closed, then I'll feel like I'm never going into labor, and if I'm soft and 3 cm, then I'll get excited and probably not go into labor for another 6 weeks. :LOL Who needs that kind of stress?! I certainly don't. I've got a toddler, and that's enough stress for me! :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#88 of 163 Old 06-03-2004, 12:48 AM

Robin- My two kiddos have gone breech on me, and im positive this one has as well for a couple of days. The first two breeched at 36 and 37 weeks and turned back at 38 weeks+1 (DD turned just hours before we had scheduled a c-section).
There are some great breech turning excersizes, Im pretty sure you can find them at www.breechbabies.com . ECV (version) is successful about 1/2 the time, you can combine it with other methods - chiropractic (webster technique- Im sure theres info on above link) and acupunture/moxabustion (also should be info on above link) If you are unable to find more info on these, let me know, I have tons of info, Im just not home right now and can't send them. With my second, I did some acupressure at home (outer edge of pinky toe, you may be able to find a diagram somewhere on the breechbabies website), piled up pillows to put my hips on the couch and head on the floor (although I could only do this about ten minutes before I started getting to short of breath), did a lot of knee-chest pelvis rocks and tilts, and used visualization. I found that once my babies went breech, it was difficult to imagine them any other way. I read so many breech birth stories, found every breech presentation pic I could in order ot prepare myself for a breech birth that it really interfered with the thought that it could- and should be the other way around. A friend of mind found some fantastic baby in womb drawings that I laid everywhere in the house- kitchen table, dresser, bathroom. Every time I passed one I would study it, think "that is the way you should be." I dont know what worked. I know I didnt have the $ for chiro and acupressure, so I tried everything I could do at home.
Also, its not a big deal if the version isnt successful at first. If you need one, talk to them and make sure they will make it a slow process, midwives usually have a better turning rate when they do a 45 minute massage-version than drs do who do a 10 minute one. You can have more than one version if the baby again goes breech or is left transverse after the first version. A second gentle version a few days later (or during labor) is still safer than a c-section.
And you dont have to make the c-section decision until you are in labor and the baby is persistant breech.
Relax, and know that it is okay. You have lots of options.

As for me, I had the most fabulous day yesterday! I went to a friends house where another friend took some pregnant photos of me. I have some of them uploaded here: www.family.mother-birth.com . I am really thrilled with them. After the photos we did a belly cast which turned out fabULOUS. I will put some pics up of that soon too. After that- as if a day of paying attention to the pregnant woman wasnt enough- we put on bathing suits and grabbed pool noodles and just floated in the heated pool for an hour and a half... No kids to deal with, just floating. It was heaven!!
I left the children with my mom for all of this, and Zachary spend his first ever all nighter out!! I was prepared to pick him up at bedtime, I figured hed be grumpy and be ready to come home. My mom said he just crawled up in bed with her and kimber and watched tv til he fell asleep. Im amazed, my little just-turned-two year old!!
James and I had a quiet dinner out, some relaxation time at the bookstore and spent the last part of the night working on our separate computers... We didnt spend the quiet time together, but both of us had projects (mine was the above website) and enjoyed the quiet. I woke up this morning (at 10:30!!) without a child tugging on me or forcing me to cook at a time when food makes me want to gag. My gosh it was lovely!! And my mom offered to keep them tonight too, so if zack wants to stay after he wakes, Im gonna have some more quiet tonight!
The house has not stayed clean this long in three years...
#89 of 163 Old 06-03-2004, 02:50 AM

Hey there. I'm feeling a bit calmer now. I went to bed with Benny and got some rest and woke up to some belly pain. I flipped onto my front with my butt up and talked to the babe and found myself sobbing. I realized that I've been really scared about having a second child and the effect it will have on Benny and our relationship. I think it's really been on my mind lately since his birthday is this week and I've been sort of channeling a lot of what I went through when my little sister was born. I really thing Kieran flipping today was sort of a wake-up call, to get me to really face this stuff. I had a really good cry and cuddled with Ben and got some peace with it. So now I am really ready to get this babe turned around and out the door!

Brooke those pics are wonderful! I relly love the profile where your'e standing under the arch. Looking at them made me think that we all have full-moon bellies now

Thanks again for all the support and ideas. I'd better finish up here and put my tush up on the sofa. I can barely do 2 minutes of the slanting, it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest, but I can do pelvic rocks and at least get some pressure off my cervix. Night everyone!

#90 of 163 Old 06-03-2004, 03:39 AM

Oh, Robin. I'll pray for a successful version for you.

My milk is in and James was a perfect baby all day long - nip and nap, nip and nap. If we can just have a good night, I'm sure I will feel like a new woman in the morning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page