30 May to 5 JUNE!!!!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 163 Old 06-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh, I forgot to ask...anyone else paranoid about eating and sleeping? I eat the moment I feel hungry and sleep as much as possible b/c I am always thinking that I don't know when I'll go into labor and I don't want to be hungry or tired. I feel a little on the crazy side...
#122 of 163 Old 06-03-2004, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I got the material and the .pdf, Julie, thanks.

I. have. so. much. milk. I managed to express 2.5 oz so dh and I go see Shrek II this weekend, and i'm boiling the damned pump again right now. meanwhile, James slumbers peacefully.
#123 of 163 Old 06-03-2004, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjule
QoC-glad you are still keeping with us. I was wondering what happens at the end of June. Do they just remove our forum and we have to start a thread over in Life with a Babe? Since there is a possibility I won't have a baby in my arms by then, I was wondering how we are all going to stick together. Anyone know how that works?
Part way through July (and/or when this forum goes silent) this will become the June 2005 forum. It may even be most of the way through July, now that I think about it.

I have a strong desire to have a clean house, but no desire to do the work; hence my daily to-do lists for Mike, which are actually getting (mostly) done these days because he's stopped playing that evil game when we're both home and awake. Gee, if I'd known that all I had to do was threaten to leave him, I'd have done it years ago. At any rate, he knows how important it is to me and how much happier I am when things are done, so he's really making an effort.

What I do want to do is needlework... cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, embroidery... I've gone through all my patterns countless times in the past few weeks, but I've only started two new projects and one of those will be a trade for desperately needed pocket stuffers for EliBean. This will be my first time working with wool (I'm allergic to it, so I'll be wearing gloves! :LOL); wish me luck!

I have started giving EliBean some Pediasure; he drinks about 1 can/day, and I swear he's gained a pound in the past week, and grown half an inch! His ribs, while still visible, are not nearly as distinct as they were. His arms are still thin, but his elbows are not bigger than his upper arms so he looks a lot healthier. And his dimples are deeper than they've ever been, because his cheeks have a bit of padding! He looks very healthy! I don't want to force him to drink/eat more than he wants, but I am really glad to see him looking so good.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#124 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey mommas!

We saw the Dr today for the version consultation and got some bad news but we actually feel a little better now. The babe has moved into a very freaky position, he's fully anterior with is spine right in the middle of my belly and his legs splayed out like he's climbing a tree! He's completely un-turnable and it almost seems like he's digging in, defying anyone to try and move him. We aren't sure why this all made us feel better, I guess cause it was such a ridiculous position and made it clear that it is all in his hands now.

We are waiting until Monday to make any more decisions, and it comes down to either a) he turns this weekend and I go into labor and birth as planned at home, or b) he doesn't turn by Monday and we schedule a section, or c) I go into labor this weekend before he turns and we go in for a section. There is the one Dr who will attend a Vag. breech, but he's SO expensive and it is so far away, it really isn't an option for us, we don't have anything extra even for a payment plan besides hating the idea of driving anywhere from 40 minutes to over an hour in labor.

Part of me feels very at peace right now and I just have a sense he's waiting for something and then will turn right back like nothing happened, and there's a teeny part of me that is freaked about the strong possibility that I will have to have surgery. In the end it will all be fine, I do know that, though it is pissing me off still that the only reason I might have to have surgery is because the state won't "allow" home breech births. I mentioned to my mom that I might just send the MW's outside when it's time to push and she kinda begged me to please not try that.

We did get a very cool 4-D pic of his face (curled up on his placenta pillow!!) I'm going to scan and post it later. As frustrated as we are at this baby right now, it really is hard to be mad at that cute face! He looks a lot like Ben did, with super chubby cheeks =)

Sorry for such a me post, hopefully I will be a little less focused on this soon. Thank you again for all the good vibes, your support means so much!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#125 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 09:18 AM

rubelin- At least you already know you have a monkey on your hands. I'll be thinking of you and sending you turn baby turn vibes.

I'm glad that I'm not hte only one that turned into a cleaning freak!

Julie-I've been worried that this baby is going to decide it's time to come on a day when I've had NO sleep and my other two have been off the wall. Also the otehr night I had just eaten a HUGE anniversary dinner and I was so worried that my birthing time was going to start and I would end up tossing my yummy dinner. Weird thought I know but hey!

I need to go do the final preperations for LAuren's party. She bounded into the room this mornong at 6:40 all excited about her party. If only I could have her energy!!!
#126 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 09:48 AM

Well it's official now, my parents bought a condo about a block away from ours so they have somewhere to stay when they visit us (they live about 4 hours away).

Plus! since they have 3 bedrooms, I'm moving all my sewing stuff down there and setting up a sewing/storage room. I'm really excited about this.
#127 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjule
oh, I forgot to ask...anyone else paranoid about eating and sleeping? I eat the moment I feel hungry and sleep as much as possible b/c I am always thinking that I don't know when I'll go into labor and I don't want to be hungry or tired. I feel a little on the crazy side...
Yes, totally!! I've actually been trying to resist the strong urge to go to bed as soon as I get home from work because I'm having enough trouble sleeping at night and in the am. And the eating too!

I noticed you said you've been checking your cervix. I try and try but just can't reach mine, how do you do it? My midwife checked me Tues and I was 2cm and 50% effaced.
#128 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelin
We saw the Dr today for the version consultation and got some bad news but we actually feel a little better now. The babe has moved into a very freaky position, he's fully anterior with is spine right in the middle of my belly and his legs splayed out like he's climbing a tree! He's completely un-turnable and it almost seems like he's digging in, defying anyone to try and move him. We aren't sure why this all made us feel better, I guess cause it was such a ridiculous position and made it clear that it is all in his hands now.
I'm happy you are feeling better.

Sandi your garage post made me laugh. Yes you are nuts. :LOL but so am I as I was cleaning out/organizing my garage yesterday afternoon (been meaning to do it for months!) But I wasn't taking the mold off. :LOL My sister called me up and I told her what I as doing... she screetched on the phone "do you want to go into labor or something?!?!??!!?" It just made me laugh. No idiot! I'm fine.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
#129 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 12:15 PM

Robin - when I knew Emma was breech, I didn't schedule a section. I waited until I was in labor. I figured a little labor is better for her than none. So, when my water broke I called the midwife who in turn called the hospital. I am still sending you baby turning vibes. It is so frustrating to have to have surgery for a breech baby, I know. Huge to you!!!

Julie - I totally know what you mean about eating and sleeping. I haven't been sleeping very well lately, between being HUGE and having bad allergies, it just isn't working. So, I am so afraid that I will go into labor when I am so exhausted. I am trying to rest whenever I can.

I want to clean, but just don't have the energy. I look at my little apartment and see all the things I need to do, vacuum, dust, laundry, dishes, sweep and mop the kitchen floor, and just de-clutter, but it isn't happening. I am lucky if I can get one thing done during the day. Luckily dh does lots for me. I need to write a honey-do list for him...good idea Ryanna!

Well, I am having lots of cramping and more contractions...I actually have made it longer with this baby than I did with Emma! She was born at 37+3 and I am 37+4 today!!! YIPEE!!! It's weird, but I think that if everything is different, then I will have a completely different outcome, a baby that lives. So, so far, so good! Strange, I know...but it's just how I am feeling.

The people that live upstairs from us have been making a hope chest. So, for the last few days I've been hearing the banging hammer and the saw going...well, I thought that they finished it yesterday, but I guess not....there is still a lot more banging going on up there. I just hope they are done before I go into labor, I won't be able to stand that noise while laboring, I know that! :

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#130 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Banned

Smithie-thanks for letting me know, give me a heads up if you run into any problems.

Rynna-Is Eli a picky eater? Glad that the pediasure is working for him and easing your mind. It is so nice when you finally find a solution to something you have worried about for so long...

Robin-It's weird. It feels to me like he will turn back as well. I don't know why, almost like it just doesn't make any sense otherwise. It is a bummer that you and your mw's don't feel comfortable lying about it, though now that you've seen a dr I guess there is other proof, huh?

Ceili-a sewing room!!! My sewing room is small and shared with our big computer desk, but I am still so grateful to have a room where I don't have to pack everything up and put it away at the end of a sewing session.

curly-I check my cervix while I am on the toilet. I tilt my hips forward and can reach it that way. I should note, however, that I have a pretty short vagina so it is probably easier for me than for others.

Kim- I don't think it is so strange to need everything to be different from Emma. I really believe I would feel the exact same way if I was in your position. So I'm sending you lots of 40 wks, fast head-down vaginal birth vibes!!! For me, it is still hard to remember that the baby I have inside me is not Tain. I guess I have gotten so used to him being my only child that I have to constantly remind myself that this baby is a completely different person. I hope I can remember that often enough to honor his individuality like I feel we do with Tain.
#131 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 01:20 PM

Robin, I'm glad you're feeling better, but I'm still hopeful that your baby will turn. I will be thinking about you.

Kim, I understand how you are feeling about things being different and having a different outcome. I can't even begin to imagine what you've been through, but I am quite sure I would be thinking the same thing in your situation.

Julie, I feel like if I was having a girl this time I would also have trouble not thinking of her as dd. I guess since I know I'm having a boy, I just don't think that way because I know he'll be very different. Physically anyway. I know Rowan will be completely different from Tain too!

I just got back from my mw appt. I've lost 1 1/2lbs. since last week, but I'm measuring 40 1/2 weeks! My regular mw was back and of course she made me feel totally comfortable with everything. She didn't even flinch when she measured me and she mentioned nothing about me birthing a large baby or shoulder dystocia. I feel like I'm totally prepared for whenever this little guy wants to come out. I've been keeping my house very clean and even keeping up with the laundry!
#132 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 02:33 PM

Flora Mae was born at 5:42 this morning weighing 9 lbs and measuring 22 and half inches long. I started labor as I was going to bed at midnight and was already 9 1/2 dialated by the time the midwife got here and had a chance to check me. It was much more intense than my previous labor but all went exceptionally well. Flora's crying. More later.
#133 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
CONGRATULATIONS! WELCOME FLORA MAE!

#134 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, Seedling! Sounds like a nice, short labor.

Julie; Eli's not really a picky eater, but he is a social eater. That is, he wants to eat when other people are eating, and doesn't particularly like to eat when no one else around him is. In other words, recently he's been suffering from my complete lack of appetite. I just don't get hungry as often as he needs to eat, and if I'm feeding him and he can see that I'm not eating, he won't eat. It wasn't a problem when he was nursing all the time and *getting* something, but since my milk dried up it's been a real issue. At any rate, he's willing to take a bottle of pediasure in lieu of a nursie before bed, and it's definately helping. Today at WIC he weighed 23 lbs 7 oz! That's almost a pound and a half more than last week at the ped.

I'm tired and cranky and very frustrated. We walked into the apartment and I left Eli in the living room for all of three seconds; came back in and he'd lost the batteries to the remote. I could only find 2 of the 4, so we can't watch tv and I'm *livid*, because that's where the only comforable place to sit in this apartment is! How the heck did he lose them so fast?!?! AAAARRRGH!

I also forgot my wallet this morning, and I must have passed half a dozen yard sales on my way home from the WIC appointment. That's so irritating! They probably didn't have what I was looking for anyway, but it's the principle of the thing that bothers me. Ick.

#135 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 02:59 PM

YAY Seedling!!!! Welcome Flora (what a BEAUTIFUL name)!!! Congratulations mama!

Well....I had my LAST day of work today!! Yee-haw! It felt SOOOOOO good to pack everything up, clear off my desk and get the heck out of there. (I'm not going back - but I have to keep up the charade that I am so I can get my benefits etc.) Ahhhh.....such a relief.

Now if I can just get through this weekend. My birth blessing is tomorrow...followed by a cookout/bonfire/party with 30+ of our closest friends/family. It's at our house. Six months ago this seemed like a great idea. Now...at just about 39 weeks pregnant...DH and I are like...what the heck were we thinking???
#136 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 03:05 PM

Wow, these babies just keep coming! Congratulations!
#137 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 03:36 PM

Ummmmm....BTW....did you guys all know how popular Greaseball is??? She has a whole thread welcoming her new babe in TAO!

We're not worthy...we're not worthy!!
#138 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 03:45 PM

I was just as surprised as everyone else! A lot of the time I still think most people here don't know me, but I guess they do!
#139 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I was just as surprised as everyone else! A lot of the time I still think most people here don't know me, but I guess they do!
Ummmm....you DO have over 5,000 posts!! :LOL
#140 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Banned

yeah, seedling! You have chosen a beautiful name! So glad you were next.

Rynna-I was just curious. I know you aren't one of those mamas that supplement that stuff in place of wholesome food. Won't it be nice to have fatty mature milk again? Tain isn't that skinny, I think he is average for a toddler, but I am still looking forward to putting some fat on him for a little while.
#141 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Banned

oh, Erin, I can't believe I forgot to congratulate you on your last day of work! I know it's been hard so I am really glad you are done.
#142 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 04:10 PM

Hee hee...FIL just called and asked if I had any reservations about the "procedure I went through with the midwife". :LOL He also said he thought I was incredibly lucky, but he wasn't going to get into that now...

I don't get it - he was born in 1930, so there is a good chance it was at home.

Oh well - I knew not everyone would be supportive. Our next door neighbor said it was scary.
#143 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 04:23 PM

Wahoo Seedling!!! Welcome to the world Flora!!!! How wonderful for your family!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#144 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 04:49 PM

Aw geez, preggo brain I just typed a long post responding to a bunch of stuff then hit "back" and zappo!!

Anyway CONGRATULATIONS!! to Seedling and Flora! I'm soo excited for you, I know you were ready!!

Tamara
#145 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 05:13 PM

Congrats Seedling! Flora, what a great name! You must be thrilled. The babies just keep coming now. It's so exciting!

Seriously Grease, over 5,000 posts and you think people don't know you? :LOL

Erin, congrats to you also on your last day at work. You must be feeling pretty good right about now!
#146 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 07:36 PM

Congrats Seedling!! I had a feeling you'd be next! I can't wait to read the story and see pics of your sweet Flora (great name!!)

Erin, what will you do with yourself with no work?? LOL I am SO just kidding!! Have a great party, I hope you can find a way to get yourself into a chair and be waited on!

Julie, they are fun slings, huh?? I really can't practice with it, though, cause my belly is in the way. I cant wait to try it out for real, I think it's going to work so well.

Grease, that is too funny about FIL, I guess somewhere along the lines people just forget what used to be perfectly normal! Are you feeling better today??

No change in position today, he keeps pushing his head up towards my breasts and it hurts! Breech is kind of weird, it is such a different sensation and my belly is shaped totally different than it was 3 days ago. I am feeling more peaceful about it and really preparing for the possibility of surgery while at the same time getting more sure that I will not have it, does that make sense?? It's really up to my MWs how long they are comfortable staying at home with me, cause it's their license on the line, but I am getting more confident that we can make this work out. Plus tomorrow is Ben's b-day and I can't help thinking that maybe he really is just waiting for that to flip back around and come on out

I hope you all sleep very well tonight!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#147 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 07:55 PM

seedling-
: Flora!!!

Well I survived Lauren's birthday bash! I'm so glad it's over! 9 screaming girls! Everyone had fun and she got some cool new toys that are keeping her and her sister occupied right now. I'm hoping htey continue to hold their interest after the baby comes and I need to take care of the baby and have them play quietly.

Have a great weekend everyone!! I wonder how many more babies we'll have by the end!!
#148 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Robin, in a strange way, I know how you feel.

For some reason, I have a very strong feeling that I'm going to be giving birth to this baby alone. I have absolutely no desire to do so, and am still making plans to give birth in the hospital with an epidural, but for a long time now I've felt like I'm going to be alone and it's something I've got to do. I can't even picture Mike around, and I always feel like Eli's sleeping. I guess it started with the shower dream, but every time I try to think about this birth it's easy, fast, and I'm all by myself with no one else around. That's why I had my sister install the infant seat in the van already... I just have a feeling I'm going to need it before I get to the hospital. Totally bizarre. It's not what I want, and definately not what I'm planning for, but I always feel like it's totally okay somehow, that everything is fine, and that I needed to have the experience. So I know what you mean about planning for one thing and feeling like it's going to be something different. I just can't reconcile my feelings to my plans/thoughts/ideas. They won't play nicely together. :LOL We'll see what happens, but in the meantime, I'm sure that your little man will come out just fine, regardless of how it happens.

Julie, I'm soooo looking forward to having rich, creamy milk for my Beans. In fact, I'm looking forward to having more so that it doesn't feel like Eli's trying to suck the life out of me through my nipples. :LOL He never had to work for milk at all before I got pregnant; he was literally drowning in the stuff. :LOL I don't know if my oversupply will come back or not, but either way I'm confident that I'll have enough for both kids. If he wants to go off solid food entirely, though, I think I'll keep giving him the pediasure once a day... unless, of course, he doesn't want it and still gains some weight. :LOL It's just such a nice change of pace to see Eli looking somewhat more normal in relation to other kids his height. Now he looks more like a short 19 month old than an old-souled, skinny, walking 9 month old, kwim?

#149 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 07:59 PM

Robin ~ You are such a strong mama! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day tomorrow with Benny!!

Quote:
Have a great party, I hope you can find a way to get yourself into a chair and be waited on!
Sounds like a great plan to me!

Quote:
oh, Erin, I can't believe I forgot to congratulate you on your last day of work! I know it's been hard so I am really glad you are done.
Thanks!!! It is a HUGE relief.

My mom and my aunt (baby's Godmother) came down for the afternoon to help me clean (i.e. declutter) for the party. They are SO awesome. They washed screens/windows, curtains, dusted, scrubbed my toilet.

Ahhhhh.....

Now I'm ready to colapse into my couch for the night. As much as I'm looking forward to the blessing tomorrow....I would be MORE than happy if the baby decided to come tonight - especially now that my house is all nice and clean!
#150 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 08:04 PM

I'm getting better...the swelling is way down and walking is easier. My milk is here already! I wish I could keep the breasts. I'd be willing to trade for the belly that still looks 16 weeks and the hips that are mysteriously bigger. I tried on all my old fat pants, the pants I could wear 3 days after Linda was born, and they don't fit! Of course I did gain 50 lbs with this one...but I think I will have to buy a temporary stash of fat clothes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page