30 May to 5 JUNE!!!!!! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Flora!!!!

Okay -- I am officially jealous of (though incredibly happy for) those of you who have already delivered. I feel so miserable and constantly cranky right now -- I am not coping well and need this child to come out! Anyone else feel this way (cranky and muserable? Not necessarily jealous)

Peace,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
I just can't reconcile my feelings to my plans/thoughts/ideas. They won't play nicely together.
Rynna, this totally sums it up for me!! It's so weird to feel like you have to come to a decision about something you really have no control over in the end.

So I bought one of those cute Toot Sweet diapers that says "born at home" on the butt on Tuesday and it just arrived and I'm feeling a little lame for getting it. I thought maybe I could just add "almost" on top just in case but still. It's so cute and fluffy, I just hope it doesn't end up taunting me later!

My parents are bringing Benny home very soon so I should finish up here. Have a good night everyone!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#153 of 163 Old 06-04-2004, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreengables
Okay -- I am officially jealous of (though incredibly happy for) those of you who have already delivered. I feel so miserable and constantly cranky right now -- I am not coping well and need this child to come out! Anyone else feel this way (cranky and muserable? Not necessarily jealous)
YES PAULA!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is how I feel. I am really uncomfortable and just plain cranky. I am starting to think that this baby will never get here. What is funny is that I am not even 'due' until the 21st!!! But, having had my first at 37+3 weeks and now I am 37+4...I just am miserable. You're not alone, nice to know I'm not alone either! :

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#154 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 02:52 AM

Hey everyone!

Popping in to say hi and Congratulations to seedling!!!!!

Welcome Flora!!!!!

It is so amazing to me to see those who were with me on TTC having babes now. I am so excited for everyone!

Uh, yeah, Greaseball, what do you think happens when you have over 5,000 posts....people remember seeing your name around.

Robin, I am glad you are at peace now, and I am **** sending turning baby vibes your way. I know the feeling of having a head under your ribs. My baby didn't turn until 36 weeks, and that head was like a bowling ball pushing in my ribs.

Erin, congrats on the last day of work! I was telling dh today that I wish I had told my day care parents that I was taking off the week before my due date, but it is too late to give them notice now. It is just really hard to take care of 5 kids ages 5, 4, 2, 2, 2. In the past, I only ever had 2 little ones at home all day. Oh well, adversity builds character, right?

I have been having tons of BH contractions, but that's about it. These contractions are the most uncomfortable aspect of my pregnancy this far. I guess I should be happy my back isn't hurting too.

I have lots planned for the weekend so the time will go by quickly I hope. Tomorrow we will finish getting all the birth preparations ready. Sunday, dh's work has a big picnic on the beach. Only a few people at his work know we are expecting, so there will be a lot of questions when I show up! :LOL

Rynna, I am also looking forward to having milk again so it isn't so painful when Gunnar nurses. I feel bad limiting him, but it just hurts! I did get nursing pictures at the conference. I can't wait to see them.

Okay, it is late, and I am beat. Have a great night everyone!

Oh, so who's next??????
#155 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
If it makes any of the still-pregnant feel better, I am cranky and miserable too. I love my baby and I am getting a lot of support, but I am NOT used to hormonally-caused depression and I am not handling it very well.
#156 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 04:29 AM

Hey Smithie, sorry you are cranky and miserable. You might have too much support, you know- you might need some time alone to get used to the baby. My husband had to be in the recording studio ten hours a day starting the second day after our daughter was born, and it was just fine with me. I saw our roomate now and then when he was home and when I wanted to I called a friend to come visit for an hour. Otherwise I was very happy puttering around on my own with the baby and I think had less stimulus for crankiness. I am a solitary person and wouldn't be able to bear the level of support everyone keeps asking if I have, since my husband will likely have to work this time also. I am looking forward to it.

My mother said the thing that helped her when she had some baby blues was making sure to put on the tv or radio for at least a bit every day to get some news and just feel connected to the real world- even in such a minor way.

Either way you'll feel better soon! Get out and get some fresh air!
#157 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Today, I am 36w3d. When I was pregnant with Eli, my water broke at 36w4d, and he was born at 37w2. : Scary thoughts! :LOL I am tired, and I have been cracking jokes at Mike to the effect of "Yes, the universe does/should revolve around me, I'm nine months pregnant!" I'm a bit of a trial to him, but this pregnancy has been so much easier than the first and he's so relieved that I'm not homocidal that he's just as pleased as I am about how things are going. The way that the minivan got me all happy and excited... he didn't think he'd ever see me that happy in the ninth month. :LOL So even though his life is more difficult, it's so much easier than he knows it could be that he's thrilled, much as I am.

I couldn't sleep well last night, because I can no longer sleep lying down, I need to be inclined. My back feels better when I lie on my right side, but that gives me heartburn so I try to lie on my left but then that hurts my back so I want to go back to the right... I ended half sitting up on the IL's living room couch. :LOL My feet are somewhat swollen, but not nearly as badly as they were by this time with Eli (I could no longer wear my shoes! ) All of my discomforts have been just that-- discomforts. Not outright pain, which I was in every single day at this point. I think this is about 1 week after I went off the terbutaline with Eli, and today is the day that I ran out of Vicodin. I was in agony, and because of that I know how much worse I could feel right now, so I'm thrilled that my biggest problem is heartburn and a slight crick in my neck.

Today Mike and I have a date to go see Harry Potter. Yay! Eli's going to play with grandma, and we're going to have a date. On a super-cute T, when Eli woke up this morning the first words out of his mouth were "Grandma? Where's grandma? I want grandma!" when I told him she was still asleep, he was somewhat disappointed. He gave me some love-loves, then gave some to daddy, and then asked if he could go outside. As soon as grandma got up, he ran for her. Super cute!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#158 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Banned

I was just wishing last night that we had family nearby so Matt and I could both take a nap today. Tain and I went to bed around 11:30 and he took full advantage of nursing on both breasts, then layed there and wiggled, etc until he got up again. It took me another hour to get to sleep and Matt and Tain didn't get in bed until 1:30. Then Tain still didn't want to go to bed but was really cranky and sleepy so I nursed him which woke me up again and started the whole thing over. I had lots of practice ctx yesterday. So I took a bath at 2:30 am and I think I slept about 4 hours off and on last night. I made the mistake of telling dh that if I have practice ctx every night until birth time it will be no big deal. Last night I changed my mind and it was only day 2 of having them every day! I told him last night "either I am going to have really bad diarrhea in an hour, I am having lots of practice or we are going to have a baby in the next day or two" He responded with "why are you so convinced you'll go early?" Thanks for the support. Next time I'm not going to give him a heads up and then we'll see what's what. Men.

Smithie-have you tried going to an LLL meeting? I know we have all had different experiences with them, but I went when Tain was 3 days old and just being there, tired and sore, with other mamas who were so gently welcoming really helped ease my sense of being overwhelmed. It was like being here on MDC, only in person. Big hugs to you!

Tain was born 3 days before his due date so I don't have that "my last baby was here now/in the next couple days" thing, but I still feel so close. I don't know why. I don't want to go early-I really want my mom and bf to be here and they both fly in on the 24th. So I keep telling myself 3 more weeks, 3 more weeks, 3 more weeks...

Matt finally wants a break from Tain! I feel so gratified in a really aweful way. Sometimes I am just not a nice person...
#159 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 12:43 PM

Last night I thought that I was going to be having the baby today. Now remember, I've never been in labor. My water broke with Emma and 2 1/2 hours later she was born via c-section, so this is all new to me. But, last night dh and I went out to dinner then came home. I was having some pretty good, although irregular contractions. Then we had sex. HELLO! The contractions started and everytime one would end, I would have such major gas pain that it felt like just one huge long contraction. After sitting on the pot for a long long time, I decided nothing was happening and that I should just go to bed. Well, I"m still pregnant today! I am actually happy about that because tomorrow is my Mom's birthday and I don't want her and the baby to share a birthday. So, I can start labor tomorrow, I just don't want to have the baby tomorrow!

Smithie- I totally remember that exhausted crankiness that comes with the hormonal rollercoaster ride of having a new baby. I agree with LizD..you may have too much support. I find that for me if there are too many people around, I don't get any rest. I want to take care of them and am not taking care of myself.

Today we are going to go get a changing table pad...the only thing I really "need" before the baby gets here. After that I think we'll go to the botanical gardens and walk around, then go visit Emma. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Hey, has anyone heard from Jessica (crunchywannabe)?? I know she was wanting to be next...maybe she's birthing a babe!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#160 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey, we had a good night!

And believe me, it was all due to the insane amount of support I got from dh. I haven't had much luck putting James down at night, and when I lie there with him fussing and dh and the dogs asleep beside me it is the most awful feeling in the world. So I told him that he was sleeping next to the cosleeper and that neither of us would sleep until baby slept. Well, he drank a huge meal and threw up everysinglesolitaryounce bc I had nursed him lying down, then he wanted more but my breasts were essentially empty, so he took an ounce that I had expressed and slept for 45 minutes but then woke up cold - so dh swaddled him and then he slept for 4 hours straight. Lots of pooping and spitting up amidst all this. If I hadn't had dh to help me deal, it would have turned into a goddamned Greek tragedy.

I think that my attitude about this will eventually change, but until it does, dh is just going to have to help me at night. It made all the difference in the world.

Today we're going to see Shrek II while Grandma watches baby and the Belmont. It's good to know that he'll take the bottle, although he distinctly does not prefer it and I'm happy about that, too.
#161 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I know, I have a lot of posts...but I've started so many threads that didn't seem to go anywhere so I thought I was among the easily forgotten.

These past few days it's been hard not to favor the baby over my older dd. She's been loud and demanding, which I guess I can understand, but I just get nervous whenever she's around the baby. I'm afraid she's going to jump on her or throw something. She likes roughhousing type games.
#162 of 163 Old 06-05-2004, 05:17 PM

I wonder about the favoring, too. But my daughter is ten so I don't have to worry so much about her being too rough, just feeling left out - because she will be, really. I am hoping that having her present at the birth and involved in the babymoon will help us all sort of fix together as a new family. Most folks, especially the older generation, assume she will not be at the birth - though that idea upsets me more than my husband not being there!!- and will need to be taken places and get out of the house in the early days so she won't be jealous and I can "rest." Good thing they are not expected to be here until the end of June, and even then they have their own agenda and are staying in a hotel. By then, hopefully, our baby will be a few weeks old and we will all be settled back into ourselves.
#163 of 163 Old 06-06-2004, 10:45 AM

I started a new thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page