30 May to 5 JUNE!!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess I'm the early riser this week, so I get to start the first JUNE thread! Woohoo!!

I'm awake because at 5:45am, NewBean decided that I hadn't eaten enough last night. I was dizzy and thought at first that I was still tired after getting up to pee, but NewBean rolled over and let me know that it was, in fact, low blood sugar. :LOL

Got my minivan yesterday... it is FABULOUS! I'm totally in love! It's way cooler than what Mike & mom & I were expecting we could afford. My friend totally hooked me up! It does everything but drive for you... oh wait, it does that too! :LOL Everything but steer! I've decided that I love cruise control. :LOL And I guess I was meant to drive a minivan; I have no problems parking it, even though I'm used to driving a Saturn (waaaaay smaller!) although I do tend to get a teensy bit too close to the curb. Eli really likes it, and he loved the dealership. He kept running to all of the cars, pointing at all the logos.. "Saturn! Saturn! Saturn Vue, SUV!" He got somewhat overstimulated, it's a good thing we left when we did. Being so close to so many cars was just way too exciting for him. :LOL Our friend was totally impressed to see how thrilled Eli was, and to hear him say "Saturn!" over and over again, every time he saw a "Saturn" logo. I'm just totally thrilled with it, now Eli & NewBean & I won't be trapped in the apartment all day just because of bad weather or because I'm too tired to walk or because everything interesting is too far away to walk to.

Quote:
I am determined that in order to avoid assault charges and jail time I just better stay home until Isabella is born. I am wayyyyy too hormonal!
: This just cracked me up, because I was exactly the same way when I was pregnant with EliBean. : I was seriously homicidal, and ended up checking myself into the hospital around 30 weeks because I honestly wanted to kill people and I was afraid I was going to. While there, I talked to the world's stupidest, most obnoxious nurse. She kept saying "Well, if you can't handle being pregnant, how are you going to handle a newborn?" I was like "When you have a newborn, you can hand them to someone else and go take a shower. You can't do that with a gigantic belly." and then she said "Well, then, I assume you're not going to breastfeed." I was like "You're kidding, right? Just because I'm angry right now and I wish I could have a beer [I didn't drink at all while I was pregnant with Eli] I won't breastfeed?"

She kept saying that having a newborn was more difficult than being pregnant and I said "You have no idea what you're talking about." She said "No, I only have two kids." I said "I'll bet you any amount of money that they're both over the age of 15, because you obviously don't remember what it feels like to be pregnant at all." (I was right on with this one; her kids were 18 and 22.) She was such a moron, but it was okay because I was definately right. Eli was *so* much easier to deal with after he was born!! That pregnancy was very hard on me. This one's been easier, but I'm still looking forward to having NewBean out.

Speaking of which... any new babies?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 09:39 AM

Just checking in and I wanted to say Good Luck Smithie!!!!! I'm sending you peaceful birthing vibes!!!
#3 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 11:05 AM

Smithie, I hope everything goes well! I'm so excited for you.

I had BH cntx ALL day yesterday. That did not happen with DD. I've had them more than usual this week but yesterday was pretty intense. My dad called when I was laying down (feeling sorry for myself) and he said "You aren't feeling good are you?" and I almost burst into tears.

This morning I'm feeling pretty good. Actually got up before DH (unheard of b/c he is such an early riser and I'm SO NOT). I think I've got my baby/bladder to thank for that. Since it's his bday I made him breakfast in bed. Then we did my belly cast. I felt like fainting by the time we were done. Then DD got up so we opened presents and now we are all in the process of slowly getting ready for church. It's raining here today so we might not get to go swimming as planned but I don't care one bit b/c it means we don't have to water the garden!

Happy Sunday all. Smithie, let us know how everything goes. I'll be thinking of you all day!
#4 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Just for the record, *I* was up first this morning!! :nana: I just didn't get to the computer until now... I was making pancakes with Roland. I burnt mine.... so I had cereal... but Kevin & Roland liked theirs And it won't be *my* job to clean the kitchen today.

Nesting has gone *way* too far in this house... we've gotten to the point where anything remotely practical/normal to do is done. Yesterday, we re-caulked the tub surround. It did need to be done... but can you picture a 37-week pregnant woman, leaning over a water-filled tub with a tube of goo? Comfy. As if the baby will care if the line between the tub & tile is white or black... but it had to be done!!!

I have to run the baby clothes through the washer to freshen them up. They've been in a plactic bag on my closet floor since Roland outgrew them. I figure after more than 2 years, they won't have that Ivory Snow smell anymore. I have to keep reminding myself that even if the baby is a boy, I'm *going* to have to get some clothes, because Roland was a winter baby & this one is a summer baby. My mom works at a second hand store, which is both a blessing & a curse. I don't have to spend a penny on clothes, but I get so many, I could heat the house all winter using them as fuel!!

Well, this floor needs a good scrub down (I let my 2 year old help make pancakes this morning, what did I expect?! ) so I'd best be going, now... before the mess gets walked all over!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#5 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rynna, that nurse sounds like a real dork. I hate it when they get all like, "Oh, well, if you can't handle this, you can't handle labor/birth/parenting!"

Yesterday I tried to clean dd's stroller. It hadn't been washed since it was given to us, and it was all grimy with mud and spilled drinks. Turns out the fabric doesn't just come right off to be popped in the washing machine...I didn't understand. Who would design something for babies that is not meant to be washable?! Poor dh had to take the stroller apart with a screwdriver (because I made it clear I would not put up with a dirty stroller and was on my way to buy a brand new one!) and hand-wash all the fabric in the sink.

Good luck to Smithie!
#6 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 01:19 PM

Glad to know I'm not alone with the whole nesting thing. Last night I washed more baby clothes and dipes, packed the diaper bag for the hospital (can't wait to show off all my cute CDs ), and organized my changing area....and then took it apart this morning and re-organized it.

This morning I had a list of stuff that needs to be done...cut the grass, buy and spread mulch, fix the sheep's pen, start planting the vegetable garden...

DH was kind of lolly-gagging around the house, reading the paper and playing on the computer. I was like...okay are you ready to start helping me with the sheep's pen. He said....well...I want to take a shower...then I need to go get a new battery for the lawnmower. I was like...okay...fine...but I'm just warning ya, today you need to be doing stuff that is productive....and by productive I mean the things that I'VE decided need to be done. :LOL

He was like Ay, ye, ye woman! You and your nesting.

I just got back from picking up the mulch. The guy that loaded up my truck was quite impressed to see a 38-week pregnant woman driving a truck and buying mulch. He was going on and on about how great it is to see a pregnant woman so active and how he's heard that makes for an easier birth.
I told him that I actually won't be spreading all the mulch myself but hey - if it helps to get this baby out sooner....maybe I will!

Okay...better get off the computer before DH comes home and catches me not working after my big scene this morning! :LOL

Good luck Smithie...sending you lots of peaceful birthing vibes!!! Sooooo....who's next?????? :nana:

~Erin
#7 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 01:35 PM

Hey girls!! I just looked at the date spread and it says JUNE!!! How is that possible!

My mom is going to take the girls for the night this afternoon. It's the first time my youngest has spent the night at Grandma's house but she wants to go! I keep going back and forth between being excited that I can clean w/out interruption and feeling uilty that I'm not playing w/ the girls and feeling sad that they're not going to be here tonight.

I have a HUGE list of things I want done today and it keeps getting bigger. I'm officially 37 weeks tomorrow and I want to have everything ready for whenever this little one decides it's time. Besides this is our last free weekend until the end of June so it's kinda now or never!
Alright I better go get started since I just sent dh outside to get started on the playset that needs to be sanded and sealed.

Have a great Sunday!
#8 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
as far as the nurse goes- she is so wrong! although now i have signifigantly less time- a newborn is much easier than a hard pregnancy! i am so glad to not be pregnant anymore!!!!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#9 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 01:50 PM

Smithie, good luck! Hopefully little James has been born by now!

Lots of nesting going on here too. I cleaned ALL DAY yesterday and just finished cleaning out my car. The only thing left is the garage, which I'm sure won't get cleaned before baby gets here. My parents took dd for the night last night and they won't be back until very late tonight. They took dd to an old-time Appalachain folk festival and to visit her great-grandma. I miss her, but it was nice to get everything clean while she's gone. Dh is gone for the day too, and I slept in until 10 this morning! It was great. I may even take a nap this afternoon too. It's just nice to have the whole house to myself for a whole day. I don't think that has happened since dd was born!
#10 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
James Kenneth was born in the water at 5:44 am following 5 hours 10 minutes of total labor and 24 minutes of pushing. You may all feel free to curse me now

Seriously, we were so blessed. His heart rate remained steady throughout the labor and my tears were minor, even though he had a hand up by his face. Now I'm showered and back in my own house.

Birth story to follow, of course! Best luck to whoever goes next!

:bf
#11 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats, Smithie!

#12 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 03:35 PM

Woo-hoo! Yay Smithie!!!! Congratulations and welcome to James!
#13 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 03:49 PM

Yaaaayyyy!
#14 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Come see the fun I had! :LOL June Babies!

Does anyone know how to get a list made sticky?

#15 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 05:29 PM

Ryana, you crack me up. It's cool to have a list like that. Thanks for doing it.

Yay Smithie! How cool is that a short labor and short pushing time!? Come on short pushing time, let that be my deal this time! God, I hated pushing.

Well, after church we went to lunch at Whole Foods and I stocked up on Tamari Almonds yet again (keep eating the stash for labor). Then back home for a nap. Now up and plan to do about 30 minutes of dish washing before heading to in-laws for dinner/birthday celebration for DH.

My nesting is still not getting everything done. I have vacuumed three times this week, dusted twice, and been a total freak about keeping the dishes washed and groceries in the house. So I keep doing the same things over and over ... The back seat of my car STILL has caraob all over it (w/o the baby seat installed) and I still haven't finished spreading the truck load of mulch from last weekend (though I did half of it last weekend). And I still want to wax the kitchen floor. Sprinkle some more of that nesting dust this way. This past week I was just too tired to do much extra and the little energy I did have was spent doing my "company's coming" cleaning b/c I thought surely if I felt this awful the baby must me coming. I do feel somewhat better today but I'm not sure if it's b/c I'm staying better hydrated or if it's b/c I'm getting my one free feel good day. Time will tell.

Still no gunky pants....I keep waiting for the mucus like last time. Maybe I really DO have another week and a half. Anyway, my placenta bowl is home waiting for a placenta (my friends finished it and dropped it off yesterday) and my belly cast is done and the carpet is relatively free of dog hair. Wonder how many more times I'll have to vacuum before this baby gets here?
#16 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 06:26 PM

Today I worked on our hideous aluminum window frames. They are impossible to clean, so I am painting/papering/feather boa-ing them! I don't care that when we move out the paint might not come off; I can't stand looking at them anymore. The ones in the baby's room are the worst. I can do the others later. I'm gluing strips of shiny pastel paper where I can, and painting with poster paints on all the other spots.
#17 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 07:16 PM

Smithie-Congrats!!! And happy Babymoon!!!
#18 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 07:45 PM

WAHOO SMITHIE!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on a beautiful baby and birth!!! Can't wait to read the story!!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#19 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 08:40 PM

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=ziabfct...1&x=0&y=ufwq71

There's a little boob and blood, but nothing you mamas can't handle
#20 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 09:03 PM

Wow Smithie, you are beautiful Mama !!! I love those photos. Makes me SO excited for this bug to get here. I can't believe you're already posting pictures!! Can't wait to hear the story!

We had our pregnancy pictures done yesterday, it was a lot of fun. I've posted some of them here. I felt so pretty while doing them!!!

So, I'm having LOTS of pressure down low (cooter pain maybe??) and feel like I have to poo all the time. I've never had a head down there, only feet, so is this what it feels like when baby is engaging?? I am just really getting anxious. Not cleaning as much as I'd like. My crotch hurts so bad that I can't do a whole lot. Lucky for me, dh will nest for me! Right now he is getting the video camera ready "just in case"! I am not "due" until the 21st, but Emma came at 37+3 (I know, I'm sure I've told you this before...blame it on pregnancy brain), so I want to be prepared!!!!!!!

#21 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 09:19 PM

Smithie ~ What great pictures! He's beautiful and so are you mama!!

Kim ~ Beautiful pictures! I LOVE the last picture of you and your DH (where you both are topless).

Okay...we spread two truckloads of mulch today, Dh cut the lawn, I cleaned the downstairs bathroom and made cookies. It was a productive day. I'm off to soak in the tub...about the only place where my hip pain and cooter pain eases up.

Rynna ~ I love your status list....too funny....you are even cyber-nesting! :LOL

~Erin
#22 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 09:30 PM

WOO-HOO SMITHIE!! and welcome James! Congrats on the fast birth, can't wait to hear the story. And I love the pic of you in the tub with him!!

Kim, lovely pics!! that is quite a belly you have there!! I can see why you're measuring big, you must be full 'o water, that can't possibly be all baby! And, yeah, that pressure is probalby from the head, fun, huh?

It's so funny how you're all nesting so much lately. I feel like I got most of it out of my system by last week and now I'm just hanging out. I'm mostly not doing much just because my hands are numb all the time and it makes it hard to hold things steady, but I also think I just got enough done that I'm not feeling pressured about any more of it. I do have to re-sterilize the blankets for the birth, but there isn't much left that's pressing.

OK, my hands are getting tingly again and Dan & Ben will be back from the store soon, so I'd better finish up here. Happy weekend everyone!!

Benny had a playdate with some friends today so that Dan & I could have some quiet time together. We went grocery shopping, got him some new shoes and a haircut. Not exactly quiet, but it was so nice to get it all done quickly without any meltdowns

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#23 of 163 Old 05-30-2004, 11:47 PM

Erin, thanks! I got the jeans idea from you actually! Thanks for the tips!!! We had a good time doing them!

#24 of 163 Old 05-31-2004, 12:49 AM

smithie--oh my gosh mama! I am bawling over your beautiful birth pictures. thanks for sharing them.

So I have done lots of sewing stuff the last few days in preparation for her coming home. Nesting nesting....but I swear, I never go into labor on my own so I don't know why I get excited.

No cooter pain here but everytime I stand up and walk I have tons of sharp cervix pains and shooting thigh pains.

Dh keeps teasing me that this is going to be my 10 pound baby with a LONG drawn out birth (why would he tease me like that : ) and now I am getting nervous that I won't be able to do it unmedicated this time. My longest labor was 5 hours from first contraction to delivery with 10 min of pushing. All my others got 1 hour shorter with each delivery with pushing time not exceeding 15 seconds. Now I am convinced I will have some 48 hour labor with hours of pushing

I think I am ready though. Got everything set up and got my extra memory card and batteries for my digital camera. Dh tried to talk me into buying a video camera today (they have great memorial day sales!!) but I stood firm and saved the money! :LOL

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#25 of 163 Old 05-31-2004, 12:53 AM

I'm getting a lot of pressure on either side of my pelvis in the front, in between where the top of the thigh meets the bottom of the belly...does that make sense? It's like the baby is reaching its arms outside of my pelvis and down my legs or something. :
#26 of 163 Old 05-31-2004, 01:28 AM
Banned

Damn! Of course the one Sunday I am not eagerly looking at MDC all day waiting for everyone to post is the Sunday things actually happen!

Congrats Smithie! Your pics are beautiful.

Kim-no kidding you are measuring ahead. Does that make your abs hurt to have them stretched so much/carrying so much weight out in front? Mine hurt and my back aches from having a belly sticking out so far forward, but mine isn't near as big as yours! I LOVE big pregnant bellies. They always seem so healthy to me (of course mine isn't near as endearing as someone else's LOL).

Rynna-so glad (and jealous) about your minivan. You deserve it!

I had my first bout of nesting today. Scrubbed the bathroom with a toothbrush. Then I reorganized the playroom/guestroom and cleaned all the walls/doorjams in it and down the hall between it and our bedroom. Tomorrow I have a mw appt, then I hope to deep-clean our bedroom and den/sewing room. Then the day after that Tain has a playdate and when we get back I want to deep-clean the living room and kitchen. Can't help but think about when I went into labor with Tain-I totally deep-cleaned the whole house and that was the first day I had felt remotely like nesting. Not having any real ctx (bh don't count) or anything, tho, so I'm not too worried about going now. Since I turn 36 wks this wk, I really want to have the house really clean so that we don't have to worry about mopping and toilet cleaning for a while after that. As you can tell, we aren't the world's most committed cleaners, but I hate grime. Clutter is no problem, deep down dirt is just gross. Plus we will only have to pick up for our home visit next week instead of have a full-fledged cleaning extravaganza. I figure I need to get the most out of dh being off work and doing everything with Tain instead of me. Miraculously I have energy to clean when I am not the sole parent of a 2 yo! Tain has been pretty cranky lately, I really hope he isn't getting his 2 yo molars, but I think that might be it. The last thing I need is a teething toddler and a newborn at the same time! Anyway, he threw a HUGE fit for Matt this evening. I was cleaning so I didn't help at all. While I sympathized with dh about how hard it is, I totally didn't feel sorry for him. I felt like it is about time he saw what happens fairly often when he isn't home. It's kind of like, yeah, welcome to my life.

I still need to finish hair and clothing for Tain's Waldorf doll and I have some knit I had planned to make more dresses out of. We'll see how my current wardrobe holds out, though. It might make more sense to make some pp clothing instead. I also want to pick up some knit to make a couple slings-one for dh and one for a friend. So when that stuff is done, I will just be marking time. It'll be strange to not have a project to complete...
#27 of 163 Old 05-31-2004, 02:31 AM

Welcome to this world, James! And congratulation, smithie! The two of you are so beautiful! Now I am really looking forward to having my baby bean!

Today was the first day that I really went out in a week! (I was cooped up in the house with twisted foot. Ouch!) Granted, we went to the hardware store, the thrift store (and got myself another nursing dress), and the food store. But hey! As long as I took my time, I was able to walk around.

MIL came over, since it was her b-day. I'm sure she's a little bummed that the baby didn't come today. (She put in her request once we told her that I was preggo and when the due date was.) She's sleeping over tonight, so I had to forfeit my comfy couch to her. (Lately, that's my "bed" of choice. I love having that back support when I'm on my side!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaseball
I'm getting a lot of pressure on either side of my pelvis in the front, in between where the top of the thigh meets the bottom of the belly...does that make sense? It's like the baby is reaching its arms outside of my pelvis and down my legs or something. :
Greaseball, I understand what you mean. There were a few times this past week where I would almost collapse because of a similiar pressure/pain in that area! I don't remember ever having that with Jared! It was very bizzare!

Rynna - Thanks for the birthing scorecard. I can't believe that 4 of us already had their babies!

Well, I better get some sleep! Belly rubs to all!
#28 of 163 Old 05-31-2004, 08:16 AM

Well, no baby for DH's birthday. He's been telling me for nine months he wanted the baby to come on his birthday but I guess this little one has other plans.

DD spent the night with her Grandma. That's the second time ever without us. We stayed and got her in her pj's and tucked her in though and she's not usually up until 8:00 so it doesn't seem too strange yet. Grandma is bringing her home early this morning so it might not be that big a separation at all.

Smithie, those photos are incredible. Thanks so much for sharing them. It really makes me excited for labor! Kim, loved your preggo photos. Those make me feel like I should really take a few more photos of my belly before the baby gets here but somehow it just seems like too much work to actually get photo presentable.

Well, I'm going to try to squeeze in some work this a.m. before DD gets home so I'd better go. Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day. Super productive nesting vibes to all who want them.
#29 of 163 Old 05-31-2004, 12:11 PM

FWIW seedling, it took pretty much everything I had to wash my hair and go down to the Sears Portrait Studio, but I'm really glad I did now that my firm beachball belly is a mushy marsh of a belly

And Rynna, I was totally distracted yesterday (heh) but CONGRATULATIONS on your minivan! My minivan, which I got a couple of years ago, was my first-ever car that didn't totally suck. I am still in love with it.

James woke up around 4 am for - what am I going to call it? - anyhow, he wanted to nurse. After an hour he had gotten a good latch on both sides and suckled for awhile, but he wouldn't settle back down. We tried diaper change, swaddle, unswaddle, more nursing (ouch!), even a pacifier (since I'm not worried about my milk coming in, I can feel my boobs gearing up already).

Anyhow, he totally rejected the pacifier, but after a clothes change and coming downstairs he has fallen asleep in my lap. DH is going to watch him later while I nap.

I'm so glad my mom is coming tomorrow. I obviously need her.
#30 of 163 Old 05-31-2004, 02:57 PM

Well, last day of May...I guess I can safely write "June" on my birth announcements now! Since I'm pretty sure the baby isn't going to hang around until July!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page