June 6-12....who's next???? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 122 Old 06-10-2004, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
CONGRATULATIONS KIM!!!! SUCH A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BOOBHOG!

Now, learn from my experience and stay in bed for a week! If I had just left my nightgown on, I'd be a happier mama now. Alas, my postpartum crazies have taken the form of caring what the house looks like and what's on the table come dinnertime. Resist this at all costs!
#92 of 122 Old 06-10-2004, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Robin, what a great story! I hope it makes doctors reconsider their stupid no breech policies. It used to not be such a huge issue. Sorry it couldn't be at home, but at least if you have another one you won't be fighting for a VBAC.

Kim, glad you got the birth you wanted!

#93 of 122 Old 06-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay Robin!!!! So proud of you, mama. What an awesome story!

Kim, so so so happy you got to have your home VBAC. Was it what you expected/hoped for? Your son is beautiful and so big!

For those of us that are still pg, anyone else getting tired of the "just wondering how you are doing" inquiries? My MIL lives a few states away and I get an email at least once a week asking how I am and how the baby is. She has already expressed her great desire to know as soon as I am in labor. Assuming we would actually do that and she hasn't had a phone call yet, what does she think is happening? Does she really think we would have the baby and not tell her? ARG! It is an innocent question, but it is getting on my nerves!

I can't believe all these big babies! Tain was barely 7 lbs, he sounds positively puny compared to all these babies!

I think it is weird we haven't heard from Rynna too. Hopefully everything is good, she is due the same day I am so I know she is within the 37 wk range so that is good. Could be her computer crashed, she has mentioned before that it isn't totally reliable. Hopefully not, it would be a lot harder to be at the end of a pregnancy and suddenly without your support group than it would be to be having a baby, IMO.

Well, lately I don't have much time to post, seems like ds or dh is always herding me somewhere.

We have our home visit tomorrow. With our first hb, I cleaned a lot before the visit and in early labor. This time I just don't care that much and my mw is really laid back so we'll pick up the toys and clutter but won't be scrubbing anything. I am sure dh appreciates my lack of zeal.

Well, I need to get going, per usual. Lots of rest vibes to everyone!
#94 of 122 Old 06-10-2004, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjule
For those of us that are still pg, anyone else getting tired of the "just wondering how you are doing" inquiries?
UGH--YES!! This older woman from church calls like every few days...she just called me a few minutes ago...."so any labor yet??"

uh yeah...I talked to you 2 days ago, had her already and am home and called no one at church

**sigh**

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#95 of 122 Old 06-10-2004, 10:36 PM

KIM, YIPEEE! I'm so happy for you! Seth is just gorgeous, as are you and your family.

Julie, I am also surprised at the big babies being born. Dd wasn't quite 7lbs. She was born at 36 weeks though. I haven't been getting any of the "how are you doing" calls, and I have to say I'm glad! Dh freaks out anytime I get out of bed at night though. It's pretty funny. I'm like "just going to pee again honey". :LOL

I had some pretty strong contractions today for about 1/2 hour. They went away after that. I feel absolutely huge though. It's getting pretty uncomfortable. I'm certainly not stressing about getting this baby born since I'm just past 38 weeks, but I'm ready anytime!
#96 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 01:13 AM

Hello, I am just checking in... I usually hang around here without writing anything, but I am keeping tabs on y'all. Wonderful congratulations to you new mommies.

I am 38 weeks as of yesterday (I think). We got a funny call today from mother-in-law, she is convinced we will be early I guess because all her babies were early, and she called to ask "aren't you uncomfortable??" I actually feel quite good. But I thought that was very cute.

I am getting no feelings at all about when the baby is coming, I feel like my regular self right now... although at my appt. before last I told my midwife I had not noticed any BH at all, but when she touched my belly she said "you're having one right now" so maybe I just don't know what to look for.

Best of luck to everyone!!
#97 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 08:56 AM

Lilzark, with my first pregnancy I never felt a BH, but my mw would notice that I was having them at my appts. I never actually felt a contraction until I was in transition! Thus, we almost didn't make it to the hospital! With this pregnancy I've been feeling BH all the time.

Last night and this morning I've been having some strong but short contractions. They seem to be more frequent whey I'm lying down. I got up and took a shower and they've subsided quite a bit, but it's letting me know that my body is getting ready for this amazing event! I'm getting pretty excited! Well, I need to get dd ready. We're off to our mw appt. Hope you are all feeling well.
#98 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Kim and welcome Seth!!

Quote:
For those of us that are still pg, anyone else getting tired of the "just wondering how you are doing" inquiries?

Quote:
UGH--YES!! This older woman from church calls like every few days...she just called me a few minutes ago...."so any labor yet??"
Too funny. We have an older woman from church who keeps calling us too! Luckily we have caller ID so we've just stopped answering the phone when she calls. (Actually we've pretty much just stopped answering the phone, period.)

I went to my MW yesterday. I asked her to check me and she said I'm 2 cm, 80% effaced and the head is very low. I know it doesn't really mean anything about when labor will start but I was happy to hear that there is some good ripening going on down there. (When she checked me at 36 weeks, I was a "tight 1 cm" and not effaced at all.)

Anyway...I have my LLL meeting today - yay! One of my favorite days of the month....then a chiro apt. and my mom and I are going to our CSA to pick up produce (first pick up of the season....and the strawberries are in!! )!

So want to know my weird food craving this week?? PUDDING!! I can't get enough of it! Two nights ago I made chocolate pudding (delicious, easy recipe from the Moosewood cookbook) and yesterday I made rice pudding. Anyone else having random late pregnancy cravings?

Happy Friday everyone!!

~Erin
#99 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 10:23 AM

lilzark - That happened to me too. So now I'm feeling my belly more than usual trying to figure out if it's getting any more practice in :LOL

We have an appt this afternoon. She didn't check me last week and I was kind of glad. I think I'll just play it by ear and if she offers I'll let her but if not then hopefully I'll be able to let it go.

This am I had some pains that I wondered about, as they were coming about every 30 mins. They didn't last long at all though (maybe 15 sec) and I concluded that they were probably gas pains.

One day past our u/s EDD as of today, though o date EDD isn't until Mon 6/14.
For some reason I had it in my head that I wouldn't be making it to this appt today bc I'd have already had a baby. What was I thinking? :LOL

Lucky Mommy to 1 awesome 5 yr old son , 1 strong minded 19 month old baby girl ::, and 1 beloved angel baby
#100 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 12:24 PM

Congrats, Liz and Robin!

Babies, babies everywhere, but where is mine? Still in my tummy! Anyway, last night around 11pm, I had the "bloody show!" I called my mw this morning because it did concern me since I didn't have it look like this last time. With Jared, it was just all mucus at one time. This time it is "leaking" and pink. It's like a light day of a period. KWIM? Anyway, mw said (in her experience) labor should start w/in 24 hrs. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let this be true!

Dh and I are going to take our last family pictures as a threesome today. We'll just set up our camera and do it at home. Maybe we'll call over a neighbor to help out.

I'm also thinking of baking a cake for the baby's birth! Am I jumping the gun?

We're also going to the chiro today, and getting ds's first appointment in 2 years! This is with a new chiro, so he'll need the initial exam.

Lately, I haven't been getting the "you're not in labor yet?" calls. I'm grateful for that. My mom calls every so often to see how I am, and starts asking all different questions about the homebirth. I think she has some reservations about that, but I understand. She's a mainstream kind of woman. (I tack that up to her being an RN and all.) But at least she is supportive of my plans. She trusts my judgements. So that's cool.

Anyway, I better run. I hope everything is okay with Rynna, too. It is odd for her not to be logged in for a few days.

Happy thoughts to everyone!
#101 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 12:52 PM

Arg! I have a yeast infection again. I have already been treated for this like 3 times. Now I am less than 2 weeks from my date. What can I do?? I don't want to have this during delivery, but I don't know if it is safe to do medicine.

I have tried so hard to get rid of this, changing diet, taking acidophilus every day, etc. I am so frustrated. I never had this prob before pregnancy. :
#102 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 04:38 PM

you should check with your hcp, but i have always read things like monistat are fine during pg. you could get a week-long kit and see if it clears up with only a few doses. also, plain yogurt is very soothing and takes care of the itch. you need a serious pad, though.

also, have you been screened for gbs? high colonization will make you pretty uncomfortable, and i thought i had yeast until i screened +. the treatment for that was washing internally with hibiclens, which was fabulous and made me much more comfortable, as well as removing worry about infecting the baby.

congrats to new babies!!
#103 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Banned

Just had my home visit and my one and only internal exam unless I ask for more. I'm ripe, but not effaced and maybe a tight 1 cm. Woohoo! I think I am the only pg woman in this group who really doesn't want to be near labor. My mw doesn't think I will birth any time soon and I am very grateful. My one and only friend gave birth 2 days ago, so she wouldn't be able to help me and my labor support are both flying in on the 24th so if I went early, I'd be royally screwed-either have my 2 yo with me during transition (no, thank you) or be alone to labor. Neither are good options so I am thankful that it looks like I will go all the way to term or beyond.

I've been meaning to ask, Donna, if you ended up birthing alone like you envisioned. Actually, for those of you that have birthed already, were your births like you imagined or were they different? I am curious how good "mother's intuition" really is.

Good birthing vibes to all of those that are silent or close and lots of patience to the rest of us!
#104 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have no intuition...I was expecting a short easy delivery and a boy!
#105 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 07:17 PM

Thanks very much LizD. I was GBS negative (yay). I am just frustrated because I have already had 3 treatments for this and now I guess they'll prescribe me a fourth.
#106 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 07:22 PM

Oh Robin!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you. You sure showed them, didn't you! Way to go mama! Welcome big boy!!!!

Julie, Dh and I did deliver our son completely by ourselves. It was truly amazing. It wasn't *technically* the UC I wanted because the midwife was in the house, but dh and I were the only ones to touch our son for the first several hours of his life.
#107 of 122 Old 06-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing
Julie, Dh and I did deliver our son completely by ourselves. It was truly amazing. It wasn't *technically* the UC I wanted because the midwife was in the house, but dh and I were the only ones to touch our son for the first several hours of his life.
That is so awesome!
#108 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 07:01 AM

Ok mamas, I need help figuring out what's going on with me.

For the last 24 hrs now, I have been having what I think might be ctrx.
I started out wondering, but then went to thinking they were gas pains. Well, since they sometimes come at pretty regular intervals (every 30 mins for a stretch yesterday am and last night) I think maybe they are not gas pains. But they don't feel like what I would think a ctrx would feel like! They are down low and feel like the baby is pressing on my cervix and rectum at the same time, and a bit like my pipes are blocked up, kwim?

So...since they haven't gotten any more frequent or more intense (they are quite painful but only last for around 20 sec) are they just BH or something?

Lucky Mommy to 1 awesome 5 yr old son , 1 strong minded 19 month old baby girl ::, and 1 beloved angel baby
#109 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 12:20 PM

Julie had it right-- our computer died. I'm at the library now, skimming and scanning, and hoping I updated the list correctly. Eli's feeling a lot better! I took him in to see the doctor, explained to her that normally I wouldn't bring him in for something like this but that I would be really upset if his sister was born and caught something preventable. She said she understood, talked to Eli, looked him over, and said "If he develops a fever at all, bring him right in. Otherwise don't worry about it." So it's all good!

I was never this pregnant with Eli. Strange feeling, I still don't feel like I'm going to have the baby really soon. I did yesterday, but that's just because it was raining. Ick. Today it's sunny and I once again feel like I could be pregnant for another month!

A fun side-note-- the hospital where I plan to deliver actually does have internet access available for new mommies! :LOL Robin, that birth story is totally amazing! (and in truth, a little frightening because now I find the possibility of UC for myself a bit closer to reality). At any rate, I've only got another minute here, so I'd better post. I should have my computer back before NewBean shows up, so I'll post again fairly soon. Welcome to all the new babies, and congrats to mommies & siblings!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#110 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 12:43 PM

Titia,
It could be pre-labor warm-ups. I had a lot of pre-labor signs this time that I was very aware of. I started having TONS of Baxton-Hicks ctrx for about 3 or 4 days before real labor started. The work your body is doing now is beneficial and is doing good things. So, even if it doesn't develop into full blown labor right away, know that it is doing good.

Rynna, Sorry your computer died, but glad to hear the news on Eli. I hope he is in good spirits when his sister is born.

It sucked so bad being sick this week. I feel like I missed a whole day with my new baby. I told dh I didn't know if it would have been better to be pregnant and sick or sick after the birth. I do know I was the sickest one in the house, most likely because of just going through birth.

I am feeling very good today though. Baby boy (no, still no name ) is nursing well, and Gunnar is doing very well adjusting. One benefit of tandem nursing is keeping engorgment to a minimum. Acording to the bathroom scale, I have lost all the weight I gained, but according to my pre-preggo wardrobe, things have sort of shifted! :LOL I am hoping to bring baby in today or tomorrow for some newborn pics.

My birth story is almost finished. So far it is 4 pages long. I guess I will have to post an abbreviated version. But I wanted to write it in detail before I forgot any of it. I will be putting up birth pics as well as soon as I can.

To all the momies still waiting for their babies, sending belly rubs! I already miss my belly.
#111 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Banned

Rynna-that sucks about your computer! We already miss your voice...but SO glad to hear what Eli has is nothing serious. What a relief!

Titia-I have IBS (well, unofficially) so I get painful gas pains, like last night and this morning. I feel the top of my uterus to tell the difference between the 2. If the top of your uterus is hard evenly, not just on one side, that is a ctx. If it has some give, that is gas. Weird thing is, this morning what is definitely not ctx hurts really low on the front of my belly. Uh, I know I don't have intestines right there so what is that about? I have been getting practice ctx consistently for the past week. They hurt, unlike bh, but they don't feel terrible and they come and go. If you lay down and they go away or if you take a bath and they go away, etc, then they are not true labor ctx. I try to ignore them instead of getting excited or irritated. I told dh I don't want to be sick of ctx before I ever go into labor! Anyway, hopefully if you are in early labor you'll start making progress and if you aren't they will stop for a while so you can know. The worst part IMO is the not knowing. I'll be thinking of you...

Donna-so sorry you have been sick. What a crummy time! At least you know your baby has all that good colostrum to protect him. The only time I ever worried about Tain was when he stopped nursing exclusively. Glad you are feeling better...
#112 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Banned

where is everyone?
#113 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm still hangin' in there, trying to heal my poor nipple...
#114 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Banned

#115 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 09:00 PM

Rynna, I was sure you were off having your baby! I know what you mean about feeling like you could still be pregnant for a long time. I have never been this pregnant either and I really don't feel like he's going to be coming in the next few days or anything. It's so cool how they just come when they're ready. Dd was born at 37 1/2 weeks and she was just definintely ready at that time. My body sure feels ready though.

I have been having so much pressure "down there". It gets so uncomfortable. My bum has been hurting like crazy for the last couple days. I told dh that I feel like the baby is coming out. He seems so low that I've actually thought that when he's ready he just might fall right out! I'm sure I won't be that lucky though!

Smithie, I hope your poor nipple heals soon. That really sucks!
#116 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 10:37 PM

Hello mommies!
I haven't had time to read the posts from the last few days, so congrats to the new mommies, and good labor vibes for you mommies who aren't there yet!

Braden Morgan MacLeod Myung was born Friday morning at 6:25 am, at home. He weighs 7 lbs 13 oz and measures 20 1/2 inches. He's nursing well (right now in fact) I'll post a link to photos and a birth story when I get them up... Hopefully soon.

Good Luck moms!!
#117 of 122 Old 06-12-2004, 11:29 PM

: Braden!!! and congrats Brooke!

Well I have now made it through my dd's dance recital, both birthday parties and her end of school party. I have gotten through all the things I really wanted to make it to so I'm happy! Tomorrow is her actual birthday and I think I'll get through that too. I have been feeling more and more like it's going to be soon. For some reason I just think it's going to be this next week. We shall see!! I guess I should really finish getting things ready!

Good night all!
#118 of 122 Old 06-13-2004, 04:14 AM

Poking in to say that I just got an email and Tanibani had a baby girl on June 9th.

She is gorgeous. I can't offer any more details because I don't know them but they all look glorious, mother, father, brother and new little girl!!!!

I'm properly jealous.

I'll let her come post details.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#119 of 122 Old 06-13-2004, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Brooke!! Welcome Braden!

Yay Tanibani ~ congrats on your baby girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
I have been having so much pressure "down there". It gets so uncomfortable. My bum has been hurting like crazy for the last couple days. I told dh that I feel like the baby is coming out. He seems so low that I've actually thought that when he's ready he just might fall right out! I'm sure I won't be that lucky though!
:LOL I have been saying that for weeks -- she's just going to FALL right out! Yesterday I was at my mom and dad's and my mom and I walked for hours (shopping) and I kept telling her that I feel like the baby is going to come out of my bum. There is SOOO MUCH pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjule
where is everyone?
I've been chasing my around and : with my DH about what we are going to do about it.

He keeps insisting on "shoring up" the existing fence and I keep telling him that is not going to work...we've been doing that for two weeks now and they've gotten out every day.

I thought when I called him at work crying Friday morning and told him that he *HAS* to help me build a fence this weekend so that I can labor and birth in peace he actually listened....but apparently it took the sheep escaping on him three times this weekend for him to finally....reluctantly...agree to put up a new fence today.

My DH is VERY ummm.....thrifty. He HATES spending money. Sometimes I really appreciate it because he comes up with some VERY creative ways to resolve things around the house but this time he's making me so mad.

~Erin
#120 of 122 Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 AM

I'm still hanging in here too though not much time to post these days. Congrats to all the new mommies and welcome to all the new babies! I just love coming here and reading about all the new arrivals even if my arms are usually too full to post. I hope all the new babies are happily nursing and that all the babies incubating are peacefully planning their arrivals.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page