June 6-12....who's next???? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey June mamas! Here we go for another week!!! Who will be the first to post a birth announcement???

~Erin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

I made it through my Blessing yesterday!

It was the most perfect, wonderful, amazing afternoon....beyond anything that anyone could have planned. We all just kind of made it up as we went along and the energy in my living room was AMAZING.

After the bead ceremony was all over my mom presented me with a "good wishes quilt." Her friend's daughter recently adopted a child from China and it's tradition for the family to make a quilt and write out their wishes for the baby. My mom - who is an amazing quilter - loved the idea and decided to do it for our baby.

I haven't counted the squares but I think there are probably 50 or more. People from all parts of our life sent my mom a square of fabric with a letter to the baby and she pieced it all together.

(I will photograph and post later today - it's SO beautiful.)

Then my mom made a scrapbook with all the letters and a small square of each peice of fabric so we'll know which squares are from which person.

The letters are amazing....everyone we know wrote one...my mom and dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends. Even some of my DH's buddies did (well they had some help from DH's mom with getting the fabric). It's overwhelming to think about how much our baby is loved already.

I was so hard last night reading them all.

Ahhhhhh.....

I feel SOOOOOO READY to have this baby now!

~Erin
#3 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 11:27 AM

Wow Erin that quilt sounds amazing!!! It's so nice to have something that special.

Holy cow I'm am 38 weeks tomorrow!! I feel like the end of this pregnancy is quickly creeping up on me. It seems bizarre to me that any day now I could be holding this little one in my arms. It doesn't seem real yet.

Oh I have a funny belly story! Yesterday we were at my dd's soccer game and we were standing in line at the consession stand to get a bottle of water and I couldn't find my youngest. I turn to dh w/ mild panic asking him where Maddie was and he looks at me laughs and says under your BELLY! The whole line behind us was laughing! :LOL

This afternoon my neighborhood friends are taking me to lunch for a little shower. It's kinda a protest thing since my mom told me that she wouldn't do anything unless I was having a boy!

I need to go shower! HAve a great day everyone!!
#4 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 12:39 PM

39 weeks today! I have to say -- as much as I want this baby to be born NOW -- DH and I have been just astounded at going this long. This whole pregnancy has been astounding. You see, we entered our marriage hoping to adopt some of our children. After marriage, we decided we would try to conceive our first and then adopt one and then decide from there (conceive first because 1. it was cheaper and easier -- we thought -- and 2. while I was younger). Well, a few months into ttc, I was diagnosed with PCOS -- severe PCOS -- and told it would take intervention to get me pg and, even with intervention, my chances would be 50/50. So we scrapped the ttc plan and moved straight to adoption. For 4 years, we used infertility as our birth control. Just before our kids came home from Haiti, I decided I could not be on medication for the rest of my life for PCOS if I were to be a happy, good mom (it made me cranky and ill). So I tried to ease the symptoms through herbs, diet and exercise -- quite successfully. I went off all meds. The kids came home and 2 months later -- pregnant!

When DH and I looked at the little stick, we were amazed, but also just both felt that this would not take. We just thought it was too good to be true -- that here we were with these 2 little loves of our lives FINALLY home after a 3 year process and NOW -- another! We both secretly believed that I would miscarry or wouldn't go anywhere near full-term. I know that sounds awful -- we just admitted it to each other recently -- that it took a long time to believe it would be a viable pregnancy. Now -- here I am at 39 weeks today with this little girl kicking up a storm and still cooking! And my 2 other babies kissing my belly everyday and so excited to see their sister.

So, while I really want to have my baby born and not be pregnant anymore, I feel so fortunate to be at 39 weeks with this child we never thought would come!

Okay okay -- I am 39 weeks and also very emotional!

Peace,
#5 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Paula ~ What a beautiful story (says Erin...who's almost 39 weeks and also VERY emotional :LOL )

Sandi ~ I your belly story. I can totally see that happening! Hope you enjoy your lunch today!
#6 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 01:29 PM

Paula~What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life. I know what you mean about not thinking that the pregnancy would last, etc...and here we are, about ready to pop! It is such a wonderful miracle.

Sandi~Dh and I both got a good laugh from your belly story! Love it!!!

Well, I am 38 weeks tomorrow...I didn't make it this far with Emma. Today is the only day of the month I don't want to have the baby...it's my Mom's birthday. She would say FOREVER, "Oh, my little birthday buddy" or "We are so much alike because we have the same birthday!" She is so annoying as it is, I don't want to add any fuel to the fire...so I am telling baby to stay put today! I've been having pretty good contractions, but they stop when I go to bed. That's ok with me...I think baby will come this week anyway. Last night my contractions were lasting for 1 minute and 6 minutes apart for an hour or so, then I went to bed and they stopped. I guess it's just my body getting ready! My midwife is taking the week off...that is only doing births, no prenatals. I'm kind of sad because I want to know if I am dilated any more. I wanted to find out if this EPO is actually working or not. Oh well, my next appt. is scheduled for the 17th....I really don't see myself being pregnant still on the 17th though. I guess we'll see!!!!

Can't wait to see who is next on our list....come on babies, some of your Mommas are REALLY ready to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of labor vibes to those who want them and patience vibes for the rest of us!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#7 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmommy
Oh I have a funny belly story! Yesterday we were at my dd's soccer game and we were standing in line at the consession stand to get a bottle of water and I couldn't find my youngest. I turn to dh w/ mild panic asking him where Maddie was and he looks at me laughs and says under your BELLY! The whole line behind us was laughing! :LOL
OMG, that happens to me all the time! What's really funny is that the first time it happened, I was in the shower with Eli. I started to have a panic attack before he turned and touched my leg, trying to figure out if I'd blacked out or something while he escaped. :LOL It was totally nuts. Now I step more carefully.

I'm sure there will be lots more babies soon! Several are due this week. Even though I was laboring with Eli this time last pregnancy, I can't think of this baby as being due "any day now". I just don't feel remotely close to labor. Part of it is definately the fact that I'm not homocidal or in pain (I strongly associate those feelings with imminent labor ) but the rest.. I don't know, I feel like I've got plenty of time left. At this very moment, I can easily imagine being pregnant for another full month or so.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#8 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 02:44 PM

Paula, thank you for sharing your story with us. It is really beautiful. May your labor and birth be everything you hope it to be!

Well, I'm one day past my due date, and still no sign of the baby coming! I am really getting anxious to have this little one. Dh keeps telling me that the baby will come when he/she is ready. I know this, but still..... Jared was born 10 days late. Or as dh puts it...Jared was on time, we were off with the date. Anyway, I really to want to meet my baby soon! I feel like I've been pregnant forever!

I really need to straighten the house to prepare for the birth, but I have been feeling really tired lately. I have almost all the laundry done, thank goodness! But there's still dishes to do, vaccuuming, dusting, and decluttering of paperwork! (That's the part I dislike the most!) Oh! And we still haven't started the baby's room yet. It's still our cluttered home office. Dh wonders why I want to do it, since the baby will be sleeping with us anyway. He's got a point, but I still want a place for the baby's clothes and stuff, not just in a Rubbermaid tub. KWM :

Oh! Jared has been kissing and stroking my belly a LOT more often lately. He also loves to rest his head on it. He's going to be such a great big brother!

I better get going and get some more cleaning done!
#9 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 04:02 PM

We had our baby yesterday, June 5 at 5:59pm. Our 4th boy!!!

Our 8th baby was born into daddy and mommy's hands underwater. He weighed 9lbs 4oz and is 22" long. He is the first of my babies to be born before his due date too.

Birth story and pics to come soon...oh yeah, is name will follow shortly as well. We weren't completely decided before he came, and we thought we had another week to go!!!! :
#10 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 04:13 PM

Congratulations Donna!! Dh and I were talking about names this morning and realizing that this better be a girl because we can't agree on boy names! :LOL I can't wait to read your birth story. Enjoy the babymoon!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#11 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 04:15 PM

Wow! Congrats on your big boy! That is so awesome. I'm hoping for a water birth too this time. Didn't make it to the hospital in time for one last time. I can't wait to hear the details and see pics!

I'm still hanging in there. I'm ready to go any time though. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow and was measuring 41 weeks and had actually lost 1 1/2lbs. at my last mw appt. I'm still obsessive about cleaning the house and it's starting to drive me nuts. Friday, I had the whole place nice and clean and I still wanted to clean more! I was so bored just sitting down.

Dd is really saying some funny things about the baby. If she's wearing a dress, she always says she wants to show Julian her pretty dress. I tell her she can show him when he comes out and she says "when he comes out your yoni?". She also likes to lift up my shirt and put something against my belly and pretend she's listening to the "heartbeep". :LOL
#12 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yay! Looking forward to the story!
#13 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Banned

Kim- It probably is a girl, then. With us, we could never decide on a girl's name and both our babies are boys. Same thing with my bf-couldn't decide on a girl's name and she had a boy.

YAY Donna! Congrats!

Paula-I have been wondering since a few of us have it, what is PCOS? I love your story, what an amazing journey your family has been on!

Erin-It is wonderful that you have so many people that love and support you. I am glad your party was amazing and not stressful for you.

Rynna-I feel the same way. I could easily be pregnant for another month. I am so excited to meet this baby, I would really like to give birth soon, but I don't think I am going to. Plus I REALLY need to wait until my labor support gets here. I know I say that a lot, I just have to remind myself that I want to wait. Every time I have practice ctx, I just tell myself "It'll happen when it is time, when he is ready" and that could be tonight or it could be a month from now. I can't change it and I don't want to so I may as well go about my business as usual.

Mamadosa may have her baby today. Her first was a REALLY long labor and she's been having ctx since 2:30 am but she says they are plateauing and she's pretty frustrated, so if we could send some progress vibes her way I am sure she would appreciate it.

I can't believe it is time for another thread already! June 6-12!
#14 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Yay Donna!!!

Can't wait to read your birth story and see pictures of your new love!
#15 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congratulations, Donna! May you be far more relaxed than I am!
#16 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Donna!! Congrats!!! Maybe I should have posted my gender predictions, I've been right 3 times so far (I thought you, Smithie, and Queenie would all have boys) I can't wait to hear the story and "meet" little Crush!!

Oh Paula, that was so beautiful!! Even without the hormone induced weepiness, you had me crying!

Erin, that quilt sounds just gorgeous! I wanna see the pics!!

I have "lost" Ben many times under my belly, which is sort of amazing to me, cause he's about 42" tall!! I've only gotten worried once, usually I trip over him before I have a chance to notice he's "missing", lol!

I must be the only one who is not wanting to have this baby at all right now. As much as I was so desperate to go into labor last week, now I am terrified to go into labor and really dreading it until he flips back. I have decided to refuse surgery unless my MW's feel there is an emergency, as we have always planned, but now I'm dealing with what will happen if I do refuse, since I;m 99.999% sure our back-up Dr will not do breech births. One good thing that could be our saving grace is my Mom just called to tell me a friend of hers at church has a Dr who delivers at our hospital and he does breech births! He only takes PPO from our insurance, but we might be able to get partial reimbursement for his fee and the hospital part would be covered by our HMO. I'm very anxious to call him tomorrow and get more info.

Happy weekend everyone!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#17 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 07:25 PM

Congrats Donna!!!! : Little guy!!
#18 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
One good thing that could be our saving grace is my Mom just called to tell me a friend of hers at church has a Dr who delivers at our hospital and he does breech births! He only takes PPO from our insurance, but we might be able to get partial reimbursement for his fee and the hospital part would be covered by our HMO. I'm very anxious to call him tomorrow and get more info.
Oh Robin...I hope this works out -- or that your baby flips!! Please keep us posted.
#19 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 09:19 PM

Congratulations Donna! Wow! 4 and 4 -- 8 kids. And I have been wondering how I will do 3! How are you feeling? Looking forward to hearing the name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjule
Paula-I have been wondering since a few of us have it, what is PCOS? I love your story, what an amazing journey your family has been on!
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is an inherited disease (for most I believe) that causes the follicles from ovulation to become cystic. PCOS causes your hormones to go bizzerke, as well as your blood sugear levels (one affecting the other). It is a (if not THE) leading cause of infertility and can also lead to heart disease, diabetes, and a slew of other diseases. I should have been diagnosed at 12 years old, when I started my period and immediately found myself throwing up each period, gaining weight out of nowhere, and having far more cramping than normal, plus having horribly painful ovulation. I have NEVER visited a gyn without mentioning that I had horribly painful ovaries and menstrual symptoms, irregular periods, unwanted facial hair, and all the other symptoms of PCOS -- and yet is was not diagnosed until 4 years ago, when a Reproductive Endicrinologist said, "You have ALL but two symptoms (I neither lost my hair nor have diabetes). How could anyone miss this?" By that time, I had had it so long, and it had gone unmanaged (had I known earlier, I could have gone on BCP to control it) that my reproductive system was pretty destroyed.

Fortunately, with a lot of dedication, the symptoms can be reversed through herbs, diet, and exercise in many women (though not all). Pregnancy, if achieved, can also reverse the symptoms for a time (let's hope this is the case for us because we want one more).

Here's hoping all of us wanting it go into labor real soon!! I myself will be asking my husband to ...um...well...how shall I say this delicately... soften my cervix with semen...tonight.

Peace,
#20 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 10:23 PM

Congratulations Donna!! So exciting!!

Last night I woke up after a couple hours of sleep and was having contractions 30 seconds long and about 3 minutes apart. I just knew this was it and it went on for about 3 hours and suddenly stopped. I am so discouraged and frustrated. I didn't have and of this with DS, I simply woke up with a contraction and right on through labor. 'sigh' I marveled at how fast the last 9 months have gone by and yet it seems as if the last few days/weeks will last forever.

Erin- that quilt sounds awesome, what a beautiful idea!!

Paula- I have PCOS too, I found that my symptoms really subsided while I was breastfeeding DS but came back with a vengance when he started to wean. Luckily I didn't have any trouble conceiving this one, I wish the same for you!!

((hugs))
Tamara
#21 of 122 Old 06-06-2004, 11:42 PM

Whew....sounds like I missed a lot this weekend! My 3 year old hurt her knee Friday night and still could not walk on it Saturday morning without falling, so it was off to the ER....of course, from carrying her I started contracting...but nothing came of it! darn LOL---I have been unable to hardly walk with my SI joint dysfunction....and it I am just in lots of pain.

PCOS is actually a endocrine disorder that affects more systems..not just reproductive. A lot of women don't even have the cystic ovaries (which is funny considering the name ) and is the reason a lot of women go undiagnosed for so many years (besides doctors still being uninformed) But women with PCOS are at a higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, uterine cancer among other things. You can have 1 symptom and have it. You can have them all and not have it. It is really weird! I have anovulation, am overweight, acne in certain places, skin tags, insulin resistance, and cystic ovaries, as well as insufficient glandular tissue--my choleseterol so far has stayed fairly normal as well as my BP which is good.....but they do swing wildly. There is no cure, but the symptoms can come and go...and they can be treated. Much is being done to research it now.

Congrats to all the mamas and their new babies! It is unbeleivable to me that we are at the end now.

I have my 39 week checkup tomorrow. (or if you go by my OB - 37 1/2 week we still have very varrying opinions on this one! : ) to check my urine for protein again and my BP...will be making a game plan I hope. This was the reason I was induced last time and my BP skyrocketed during labor (kind of freaked DH out!) Hopefully I will be more progressed.....I am sure that I have passed what I was on Wednesday due to how I have been feeling/contracting/diarrhea mucus etc.

Hope to see everyone doing well tomorrow!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#22 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 03:58 AM

Congrats mommas! I cant wait to read the rest of the birth stories!

Well, my "due" date has come and gone, just as I knew it would, LOL. I've been telling everyone that we weren't expecting until the 13th-14th, but noone seems to believe me. It seems like everytime I see anyone I just get questions: You havent had that baby yet? Any day now huh? and the ever so funny: Whats the PSI on that thing? <<grrr>>
I guess I deserve it. We spent all day Saturday at a local Highland Games that DHs organization puts on. Almost EVERY SINGLE person from the organization that I saw expressed shock that I wasnt carrying a baby or in labor at that very moment, LOL. I guess you dont see them as big as me all that often out in the heat of day...

I am carrying smaller than I did last time. Im pretty sure its not a smaller baby either, its just a whole lot less water. With Zack my AFI at 41 weeks was 23 (borderline for too much!), but this time theres just not a whole lotta water there. I know cause over the last couple weeks the baby has gotten much easier to palpate, and Im more uncomfortable during big movements. I can feel a little foot sticking out sometimes, its the weirdest thing. I keep meaning to get our camcorder and record my belly moving. I probably wouldnt get it very well but its amazing to watch him rolling and stretching.
Things like that I really want to capture this time around as best as possible... This probably wont be our last baby, at least not the way we are thinking, but for some reason I kinda feel like it will be. I can imagine deciding in a few years that I dont want to go back to the baby-toddler stage and that Im happier homeschooling and doula'ing than I would be changing diapers and baby-proofing. Its hard to have kids spread just far enough apart that they are doing completely different things, yet not far enough to really be as much help as needed.

I dont remember who posted on the last thread (robin and rhynna?) about planning for one thing but being sure it would be something else. Im right there with you! Pretty much the only dreams Ive had so far about this birth have been unassisted. Intentionally unassisted. Ive had dreams/thoughts about being alone in the tub and shower both, but most of the dreams I have are in my bed... I dont wake up DH (for some reason in my dreams DS is always sleeping in the floor next to DD), but I just happen to have a towel under me and birth the baby right out into my hands, then I wrap it up and nurse to sleep. I've had several variations of this dream, but I usually dont turn on even the night light, and I never wake anyone... That is not the plan, and I doubt it will go that way at all (I am a loud birther!), but for some reason I cant get that fantasy to go away. Its almost like I am sure it wil go that way... Perhaps its just the feeling of calmness, peacefulness, and strength that will go with me into my real birth.
#23 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 06:22 AM

hmm... i just talked to my mom (via IM- LOL) and im starting to not want to invite her to the birth. She would F()ing freak, but I dont know if I really want her here. We dont have a touchy-feely relationship, never have. I am not a touchy-feeling person, except with my children, and mostly because she isnt either, i suspect.
Maybe its me being self-centered, but i dont want her as my primary support during labor. I have my husband and I have three doulas who will likely be here (one of whom wil be video-taping). My mom made it clear that she doesnt want a job, she wants my hands and face, she wants to be next to me. When I was addressing one of my only concerns about birthing in my tub (small bathroom that wont fit everyone) my mom was all offended when I made it clear that I'd rather have the video person there than her. I dont want her to have the video camera (or the still camera) cause she will get all excited and not get good footage/photos. She is not a good camera-person. But she assumed that she would be in there, even to the exclusion of my DD and camera people. I dont think so!
I dont want her in my face. I probably dont want her close to me. I dont like her perfume. She was up in my face right after zack was born- all of the after-birth photos have her hands in them around my face, in my hair, on the baby. I SO do not want that to happen this time. She was in James's way even, he had to come around the other side of the bed and could hardly see the baby for the longest time. She was upset that she didnt get to hold him right away (in fact, noone did until he was 1.5 hours old and she and james gave him his bath). I dont want that happening this time. I spoke with one of my doulas about it, asked her to keep an eye out and help me prevent it, and I was so concerned I wrote up a homebirth letter for everyone who is likely to attend.
Anyway, so I sent my mom the letter, she reads it and says great... one ? : Arent you gonna share the baby after its born? What about those who might have to leave soon after, shouldnt they get to hold the baby without having to wait HOURS? I told her I wrote hours because I didnt want people to think that this baby was going to be passed around like my first, that the baby will have a whole year of wanting to be held, and that we'll just have to see when it happens. If I get up and shower, obviously, Im not holding the baby.
She is so unhappy with this. Shes like what about the doulas, arent they going to want to hold the baby? I told her no, thats not what doulas do. They are here for me, not for the baby. In 15 births I have never held a baby on its birthday. I never would, that time is for the parents. The only people who will want to hold the baby are her and my sisters... She asks how 3 minutes will make a difference an hour after the birth. There will be 6+ people here, no way they can pass a baby that fast, or would! If my mom gave it up in 10 I'd be surprised. Not that it matters, the whole point is that I want the baby with me.
For some reason she equates holding the brand new baby to something that everyone who is at the birth DESERVES to do. Because they were here, watched it be born, helped me through labor, etc... umm... no. not in this house! I told her we'll just have to wait and see...
Then she tells me to charge my video camera and make sure theres tapes in it for her. Make sure there's film and batteries, that my digital is charged. HELLO?? In my letter it clearly states who will be videotaping and it aint her!! I have my sisters listed to do still camera, but not her. She said she didnt want to be in charge of any of that stuff before, but now that there is a chance she may not see the birth because of it, shes ready to work! WTF? Shes a bad camera-person. I dont want her in charge of it.

Im just frustrated... I feel like she is trying to make this all about her, when it isnt. In fact, she stated that in all the excitement "noone is gonna be able to follow any frickin rules" (referring to the homebirth letter specifics- ask me before you touch me, etc) and that its an experience for all of them (her, my sisters and the doulas) and that I shouldnt leave them out by not "sharing the baby".
Hmmm she lives too close to call too late, she will be horribly, horribly offended if I dont call her at all and if I call her and tell her to stay home, she will probably come over anyway.
Damn damn damn.
#24 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 09:13 AM

Brooke- I'm sorry that your mom is putting you through this. I can imagine that sitting down and talking to her face to face would only make things worse. I wish I had some advice but I don't so I wanted to offer my support. Good Luck!!
#25 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Brooke ~

Jessica ~ Hope your DD is feeling all better.

Well....today is my first official SAH day!! YAY! Of course I'm going to be spending the day running around buying stuff to build a new fence for my sheep who KEEP jumping out of their pen.

Last night I went out to feed them and they were NOWHERE to be seen. I was hysterical. DH and I grabbed the grain buckets and were wandering through the woods for almost 45 minutes before we finally spotted them huddled together and totally terrified.

Luckily a neighbor (who we had never met) joined us and we were able to herd them back into our yard and into the barn. It must have been quite a sight for him to look out and see a 39 week pregnant woman running (literally running) through the woods while balling her eyes out.

Then another neighbor came over and we strung wire up to make their pen taller. DH brought some fresh eggs over to the first guy and formally introduced himself (though we had done brief introductions while running through the woods chasing the sheep) and my other neighbor stayed for dinner. Thank goodness for friendly neighbors.

So...we THINK we have them safely penned for now but we're hoping to come up with something more sturdy and permenant and that's my first SAH job!

Hope you all have a lovely day! Bring on the babies!!!

~Erin

PS ~ Here's a pic. of my quilt and a couple of the "baby's room." I made the wall hanging over the changing area. I saw something similar in the Nova Naturals catalog (but it was too much $$) so I made my own version! I how it came out!!
#26 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 09:56 AM

I had my shower yesterday and we had so much FUN!! I got some cute stuff and it was so nice to just sit, relax and eat and chat w/ my friends. I got me really psyched up to have this baby. My one super cruncy friend that "reads" energies thinks this baby is coming this week and coming FAST! Yikes!

Erin- Your quilt is beautiful!!

Have a great day everyone!!
#27 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 10:12 AM

can this weekend get any worse???

Last night after checking in here, I went out to the living room. I sat down with dh and then noticed a few minutes later that dd had a penny she was playing with. I struggled to get up to get it from her and my ds asked me a question...when I turned back to her a second later it was gone. I asked her "wheres the penny" she points in her mouth and says "penny all gone......" then starts whimpering and says "mouth hurts" she swallowed it.

So dh starts checking her and says "well what do I do?" I tell him "you take her in!!'

So he takes her in....(which is a funny story in itself because he is terrible with dates etc and THEY had to tell HIM when HER birthday was!! :LOL) and she had x-rays and it is loged in the bottom of her esophagus. So this morning I have my OB appt then have to take her back in for another x-ray, and if it still there they have to put her under general and do endoscopy to try and remove it! :

I had 3 kids, not one of them swallowed money. Then last year my 4th does it (with no complications) and now Alexis does it! :

And I am freaking mad that I could not get UP fast enough to prevent this!!!!!

2 ER visists in 2 days. Now all we need is for my water to break in the middle of all of this to just make it perfect! :LOL

So not sure how much I will be online today.....if you have a positive thought, please think of her and that the penny has passed.

-brooke, I am sorry your mom is doing this to you, I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong in not allowing her to attend!

-erin, the thought of you out there chasing sheep was a pretty funny one! :LOL

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#28 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modesto Doula
In fact, she stated that in all the excitement "noone is gonna be able to follow any frickin rules" (referring to the homebirth letter specifics- ask me before you touch me, etc) and that its an experience for all of them (her, my sisters and the doulas) and that I shouldnt leave them out by not "sharing the baby".
This would be a big red flag for me. If she is going to be there, will there be someone there who can monitor her? I have to say, though, that this kind of a comment makes me htink she is rather disrespectful of you in this birhting process.

How difficult for you. I am sorry this is happening.

I had about 3 hours of very intense contractions last night before they tapered off and I slept. When o when?

Peace,
#29 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 12:06 PM

Brooke, that totally sucks that your mom is unwilling/unable to respect your wishes. It always bothers me when I hear about people's family members trying to make a birth about them, instead of about the mother and the baby. Ick!

Jessica- I hope she passed the penny! Eli has put a few coins in his mouth, especially when he first started crawling, but I've always gotten to him in time. I taught him to put them through the little slot at the top of a little bank, and he found that much more amusing and will now put them in and dump them out over and over again. :LOL

Erin- That quilt is beautiful! Very cool stuff! Mike has a quilt that his mother made for him when he was about 14 and one that his grandmother made for him which just blows my mind away! I just think it's so cool that he's got family heirlooms, especially since I don't have any. That's why it's so important to me to at least make birth samplers for my kids, so they have something to show their own children when they grow up.

Well, even though I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, I need NewBean to stay in for at least another two weeks. EliBean is very sick. He appears to have caught a nasty lung infection from his cousin, and last night he woke up in obvious pain and barking like a seal. We didn't have any decongestant around, but I think Mike may have given him some tyelnol for the pain. He was so unhappy and so uncomfortable . I hate it when my BeanBean is sick, I always feel so helpless! This morning I watched & listened to him breathing, and gave him a quick once-over. His nailbeds and lips are still pink, but he's got definate expiratory wheezes as well as rowls. I think he's got pneumonia . This is not something I want to even think about exposing NewBean to, so I guess I need some baby-stay-in vibes until he's better. *sigh* Just what we all need, a sick toddler when you're nine months pregnant.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#30 of 122 Old 06-07-2004, 12:33 PM

OMG, Rynna! Poor Eli! I'm so sorry that he's so sick. Poor little guy, that sounds just awful. I'll definitely be sending some "baby stay in" vibes your way. You definitely don't need to be taking care of a newborn right now with poor little Eli needing you so badly. I really hope he's feeling better soon.

Jessica, I also hope that your dd passes the penny with no problem. Although it probably isn't too pleasant, it's better than the anesthesia route. Poor thing.

Brooke, sorry your mother isn't cooperating the way you wish she would. I would have an awfully hard time allowing someone like that at my birth. Actually, my mother is awesome and I still don't want her at the birth!

Anyway, yesterday dh and I worked like crazy around the house. I am officially ready for whenever this little guy wants to come. I really hope that I don't have to clean the bathrooms many more times before he gets here though! This nesting is making me feel like I'm insane. I can't even tolerate one little crumb on the kitchen counter! I swear, most people would think I've completely lost it!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page