June 13-19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess I'm up first this week so I'll start the thread!

Congrats to Tanibani on the birth your dd. I can't wait to hear your birthstory!

We're still hanging in here. This baby has really dropped in the last 36 hours and I know have room to eat and I'm constantly STARVING!!! I guess that's just my bodies way of getting ready for the main event!

How's everyone else doing? How are all the new mommies and babies? I can't believe how close we are all getting!
#2 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 09:29 AM

I'm up! I just posted in last week's thread! :LOL

I'll just paste it in here...

Congratulations Brooke!! Welcome Braden!

Yay Tanibani ~ congrats on your baby girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebugsmom
I have been having so much pressure "down there". It gets so uncomfortable. My bum has been hurting like crazy for the last couple days. I told dh that I feel like the baby is coming out. He seems so low that I've actually thought that when he's ready he just might fall right out! I'm sure I won't be that lucky though!
:LOL I have been saying that for weeks -- she's just going to FALL right out! Yesterday I was at my mom and dad's and my mom and I walked for hours (shopping) and I kept telling her that I feel like the baby is going to come out of my bum. There is SOOO MUCH pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjule
where is everyone?
I've been chasing my around and : with my DH about what we are going to do about it.

He keeps insisting on "shoring up" the existing fence and I keep telling him that is not going to work...we've been doing that for two weeks now and they've gotten out every day.

I thought when I called him at work crying Friday morning and told him that he *HAS* to help me build a fence this weekend so that I can labor and birth in peace he actually listened....but apparently it took the sheep escaping on him three times this weekend for him to finally....reluctantly...agree to put up a new fence today.

My DH is VERY ummm.....thrifty. He HATES spending money. Sometimes I really appreciate it because he comes up with some VERY creative ways to resolve things around the house but this time he's making me so mad.

~Erin
#3 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Banned

Well I looked and they don't have a relieved smilie. For a while there I thought everyone was having babies at the same time!

congrats, Brooke, I had just been wondering when you were going to have your baby!

Congrats Tanibani, can't wait to find out what you are going to name her!

I am going to see if I can go visit Mamadosa today. It's such a toss-up with people's personalities. Some ppl don't like visitors at all, some (like me) got really lonely after the baby was born and the guests were gone. I hope she feels I am a good enough friend that she can tell me no if she isn't up to it. Dh went to work at 6 am today and doesn't get home until around 9pm tonight. It is unusual, but we are really grateful-his summer schedule is pretty sad. Well, I have a toddler to get going and myself to get dressed and fed. I'll post later tonight. Have a great day!
#4 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
:
#5 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 02:06 PM

Yay Brooke and Tanibani! Congrats! I love hearing that new babies are here! I have been thinking so much about mine and just wondering what he will look like. Will he have lots of hair or no hair? Will he look like dh or like me? Will he be huge or average sized? I just can't stop thinking about him. I seem to think about these things when I'm taking a bath or shower. Weird. Since dd is just a spitting image of dh, I'm kind of hoping that ds will look a little like me! Is that bad?

I've been feeling pretty good this weekend, but I don't feel like labor will start anytime soon. That's ok though, because I'm just 39 weeks. I'm resolved to the fact that I could actually be having a 4th of July baby!
#6 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 04:41 PM

Hi, All!

Just a quick note to let you know that Victoria Elizabeth has joined us on June 12! The short story: Labor started around 7:30pm or so and after 5 hrs of intense back labor and only 3 huge pushes, Victoria was born in her caul under water in our living room! It was an amazing experience! Present were dh, my mom, our neighbor, and our mw. Ds was sound asleep.

I'm grateful to have had that support system, since I really didn't think that I could do it (once labor started). My team was fantastic!

Here's Victoria's stats: 7.8 lbs, 20.5 inches. Head circ: 13.5in And as beautiful as a baby can be!

I got to fly! Someone wants to nurse!

Love to all!
#7 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 04:56 PM

Argh, I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get the computer back soon!!!!

I too have overwhelming pressure down below, and feel like I'm going to ...um, poop the baby out. :LOL Still, I don't feel like that will happen anytime soon.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#8 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 05:04 PM

Yay Tricia! It sounds like a wonderful birth! I'm sure your daughter is just beautiful! Congrats.

Quote:
I too have overwhelming pressure down below, and feel like I'm going to ...um, poop the baby out. Still, I don't feel like that will happen anytime soon.
Rynna, I am sooo with you!
#9 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Banned

I guess I am the only one with a baby still floating away...no pressure whatsoever, but my reflux more than makes up for it, IMO.

Congrats Tricia! Those short labors are really intense, I am glad you had a good support system in place.

So I am a little worried-I keep envisioning a pain-free labor and delivery. I did this w/ds at about this time in the pregnancy and the result was that I felt really out of control and unprepared when the intensity of active labor hit. At the same time, I don't want to focus on the possibility/likelihood of pain b/c I don't want to start that whole fear cycle. Is there a middle ground I just don't see? What do you do about upcoming labor pain?

I, too, am thinking about the possibility of a 4th of July baby. On the one hand it could potentially suck for birthday parties if all his friends' families have 4th of July traditions and on the other hand, how cool is it to get fireworks on your birthday EVERY YEAR! Not to mention the day off from work...
#10 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 05:47 PM

I'm still pregnant -- 40 weeks today (technically tomorrow but that is because the leap year messed up the dating somehow I think). I am sooo ready to deliver!

Congrats to all you with new babies already!

Peace,
#11 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Tricia!! : Victoria! Wow the babies are coming fast now!

I finally got the baby's room organized enough that I can change diapers in it. Although I don't have a diaper pail in there yet. Where is that extra one??? hmmm.

Anyone else constantly hungary?????? I think that I could eat 24/7 and I can really pack it away! I think dh's afraid I might eat one of the kids I've been so hungary! :LOL
#12 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi all!! I'm just sending a quickie note, as I am supposed to be sleeping. I've only had a chance to skim the posts but huge congrats to all the new mommas and babies!

I hope to have the birth story written out in the next couple of weeks, depending on when I can finally stop driving to the NICU. For now the basics are I woke up needing to pee but it turned out to be a 5 minute contraction that had me already feeling the need to push. A couple more normal contrax (30 sec - 1 min) about 5 minutes apart, then 3 min, then 2, then I thought I needed to poo, but turned out I was complete, with the water bag bursting out into my hand and all over the bathroom. Then it was the next hour or so trying not to push as the paramedics (who were SO freaked out!!) whisked me out of the bathroom and off to the ER. I really was bearing down through most of the hour, cause I couldn't stop it, my body just took over, but in the end it was just one push from the ring of fire and he came flying out, 15" head and all. Thank goodness the paramedics choose the hospital farther away and for the cocky OB intern on his last day who took a chance (not like he had much choice, there was no stopping this babe!!) My MW actually said she was gonna call Ina May!! (oh, yeah, they're friends)

Anyway, Kieran is still in the NICU with pneumonia. They thought it might just be some fluid that didn't get squeezed out in delivery, but that would have been gone by now. He is steadily getting better, stayed on each breast for at least 25 minutes today without needing the oxygen turned up whereas yesterday he had to unlatch every couple of minutes to rest. He isn't very "sick", just breathes really fast sometimes and has to be on oxygen levels about 2 - 10 % more than room quality air. We did choose to have a feeding tube put in last night so that I could come home for a few hours to sleep. We could have let them use a bottle but I would prefer not to even flirt with nipple confusion, plus it gives his body a rest from the work of eating. We've got 2 more days of antibx and beyond that it is just up to his body to get well enough to come home.

Anyhow, I have to go pump and head back to the hospital. I'll try to post more updates when we have them. labor vibes, belly rubs and baby kisses to all!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#13 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 09:21 PM

Congratulations Tricia! Welcome baby Victoria!!!!!

Congrats Tanya too! A sweet little girl for you!

Julie, I felt the same way as you. I decided to tell myself "I decide to keep my focus on reality at all times." I would tell myself it could be easy, it could be hard, but I wouldn't know until the reality was here. I would also let myself think about how things could possibly turn out, and then let it go. As it was, I expected and dreamed about having the baby in the deep of night, just dh and I and all the kids asleep. Not exactly how it turned out.
#14 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 09:24 PM

Thanks for posting Robin! I am sending quick healing vibes to little (big??) Kieran. I hope he is home soon!!!
#15 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 09:26 PM

Congratulations Tricia...welcome Victoria!!

Robin ~ Wow!! What a week you've had. Sending lots of good energy to Kieran....hope he will be home with you soon!!!

Rynna ~ I miss your internet connection too! It's been too quiet around here! :LOL

Well....DH and I put up 250' of box-wire fence today. It was exhausting (and really he did most of the work) but it's DONE!!! My little sheepies are so happy to have lots-o-grass to munch on and I'm so happy that they I won't wake up to find them on my front deck again.

Now I'm ready for labor to begin (well maybe not tonight...DH is going to be snoozing hard after all the work he did ). :LOL

Quote:
So I am a little worried-I keep envisioning a pain-free labor and delivery. I did this w/ds at about this time in the pregnancy and the result was that I felt really out of control and unprepared when the intensity of active labor hit. At the same time, I don't want to focus on the possibility/likelihood of pain b/c I don't want to start that whole fear cycle. Is there a middle ground I just don't see? What do you do about upcoming labor pain?
I tend to visualize my labor pain-free but I think it's just because I can't even begin to comprehend what labor pain (or just labor in general) will be like.

I've had some REALLY strong BH-contrax the last couple of nights so I'm beginning to get *some* sense of what contractions feel like but I really have no clue what I'm in for...

~Erin
#16 of 99 Old 06-13-2004, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Healing vibes to Kieran, and big to you, Robin. My cousin's three babies were all in the NICU, and it's really hard even when you know they are going to be OK, eh?

Anybody who wants to send healing vibes to my nipple should feel free. This is my second day pumping on that side, and I'm not too impressed with the progress of the healing.
#17 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 03:25 AM

Hi mommies! Im just checking in to see how everyone is holding up.
Im sorry bout your computer rhynna, I hope its up soon, and I hope Eli is 100% soon too!
Congrats to you Robin!! You showed them!! I hope you and baby are home and resting comfortably. I am just amazed a 10 pound breech with 1 push!! You are amazing!!
Congrats to mamadosa and Tricia and Donna and anyone else I missed... I read through the second half of last weeks thread finally, but I was NAK and distracted. I know Im missing someone.
I hope all the new mommies are doing well!!
I updated our family pages to include some pics of the new arrival. www.family.mother-birth.com I dont have any birth photos up yet, but I'm hoping those will come soon.

As for the mommies still in waiting, I had zero BH that I ever felt with Kimber, with Zack I had tons of BH, but no real pre-labor-y contx. This time around I had tons of BH from the first trimester and a few days of pre-labor contx (which was frustrating!)
it took two days of pre-labor ish contactions to get me going this time.
#18 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 08:15 AM

Great pictures Brooke!!!! Your family is SO beautiful!!

((((( Healing vibes to Smithie's nipple!! )))))
#19 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Banned

Healing vibes to smithie and to little Kieran. Hope you are able to get some good sleep, Robin, it must be really trying. this is a time when I really wish Rynna's computer was working b/c I know Eli spent a lot of time in the NICU and I am sure she would have something comforting to say.
#20 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 12:42 PM

Omigod Brooke, James has that exact same blue baby-bag thingie! And they both look so cute in it!

I'm going back to nursing on both sides today. I'll just slather on the Lansinoh and hope for the best.
#21 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 01:23 PM

Smithie, I hope that nipple heals quickly. The lanolin is a good idea. They WILL heal even if they're being nursed on. When dd was 6 months, we got thrush. Both of my nipples had deep, bloody gashes on the undersides. I nursed through it and they finally healed with the help of prescription meds of course! I know how excruciating it is to nurse with sore nipples. When I was going through that I could definitely sympathize with those who gave up nursing due to cracked and sore nipples. Fortunatley, I was dedicated enough to keep going and it was most certainly worth it.
#22 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Smithie- I'm sending you healing vibes. Also I'm sure you have heard this already but your breastmilk has incredible healing properties. If you can after a feeding express some and spreaad it around and let your nipples air dry. Going topless also helps becasue then nothing will rub against them. Good Luck!!
#23 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Banned

We have that blue nightgown too!

Susan-that sounds aweful! So glad we have not yet had that experience. Nursing while pregnant has been painful enough, especially since he has a mouth full of teeth.

Sandi-was it you that made the comment about your dh worrying that you are going to eat one of the children? I was laughing about that all day today!

I find that I am hungry all the time. I crave food even when my tummy is packed full. I don't get it. At least it is the end instead of all the way through...

I hate it when I can't remember what I wanted to say, I know it will come to me the minute I post this...

Anyone else having dreams of their biggest parenting fears? I had this before Tain was born too, I dream that I forget them somewhere-like leave them in the car and go shopping at the mall for hours (in one of those ones my dh picked me up and we left my car, with baby inside, at the mall for a day!), or lose them and can't pick them out of a room full of lost babies. Last night I dreamt that I gave birth to Rowan, put him in his crib and forgot that he had been born for 3 days. Then I couldn't remember where I had put him. When I finally remembered where he was, his diaper was soaked through (obviously) and he was just lying there, starved and dazed. He didn't cry in the intervening days, BTW. It is such an irrational, bizarre fear. I have never come close to forgetting my baby anywhere, hell, we don't even own a crib. I always wake up feeling yucky, like a horrible mother. I honestly thought that after having Tain I wouldn't have dreams like that seeing as I obviously never forgot/lost him anywhere.
#24 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 05:25 PM

I have what one of my best friends calls "daymares" about SIDS. That I will wake up next to James and he will be cold and blue. I try really hard not to indulge this thought, though, as it will sabotage our cosleeping if I let it.
#25 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

HEy ladies send me some birthing vibes! I have been having suregs most of the afternoon and lost my plug around 2:30. My surges are now around 5 - 7 minutes apart. I think I'm going to eat dinner and call my midwife. Wish me luck!
#26 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 05:48 PM

YEEHAH! Birthing vibes sent! Get that baby out!

#27 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 06:07 PM

Sandi, birthing vibes are coming your way! ~~~~~

Julie, those dreams sound just horrible. Fortunately, I have never had bad dreams involving my kid(s). Well, I did have one that I caught my sister with my dd in her car without a carseat! That was bad enough. If I had dreams like you describe, I would probably dread going to sleep. I have been pretty darn hungry too, but just about all I can eat is fresh, cold fruit. I don't want anything hot at all.

Smithie, I think your daymares are common. Dd is 27 mos. and I still wake up at night, look at her, panic, and check her breathing!
#28 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 06:42 PM

(((((( Sandi ~ Peaceful, healthy birthing vibes ))))))

I've had some unsettling dreams lately involving the baby, my DH, my sister...basically dreams of "bad things" happening to the people I love most. Very disturbing but I think normal...pregnancy, parenthood it's all a very vulnerable experience.

Anyone else planning to use a sitz bath (or already used one)? I bought some herbs yesterday - comfrey, slippery elm, yarrow and witch hazel - and made a tea to soak some prefolds in. I put them in the freezer, which I've heard is very soothing for the postpartum perinium.

As far as the bath itself...my basin isn't um large enough to accomodate my so I think I'll just use the dipes and my peri bottle with the tea in it. Not sure.

~Erin
#29 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 07:41 PM

well, looks like tomorrow is my day

well--I thought we would be able to do this naturally...but I've got high protein in my urine and my BP is significantly higher than last week...last week I was 112/75 and now I am up to 132/92. :

He stripped my membranes (at my request) even though I am not normally a big proponent of it at all....I figured if there was a chance of having it hapen on my own and could avoid a pit induction tomorrow that would be worth it.

Dr told me to go home and have sex! : dh started cheering when I told him! :

3 1/2 cm but can stretch more and 85% effaced.

Looks like i get to meet my little one tomorrow!!!!

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#30 of 99 Old 06-14-2004, 08:50 PM

Hopefully, we'll get the computer back later this week .

All day yesterday and all last night I had regular contractions. Nothing painful at all, just regular. I thought it was pretty funny, but Mike was totally hoping that I'd have the baby so he wouldn't have to go to work today. I found that pretty amusing. At any rate, I had a sudden, intense craving for Krispy Kreme's ( : ) so when I went to Turkey Hill to indulge it, I bought a lottery ticket thinking "if I win anything, I'm in labor, and if not then I'm not." I scratched it off and went home to tell Mike that we weren't having the baby today. :LOL

Eli is feeling much much better. He only coughed a few times today, although he did throw up this morning (I thin,k that it was just because he drank his milkmilk too quickly and forgot to stop and breathe. Silly boy!)

I've been nesting. I put all the winter clothing away and then took Eli to Wal-Mart to buy some storage thingies for the rest of the clothing that we won't be wearing for a while. I've been feeling an overpowering urge to clean, so strong that it surpasses my desire to sit around on my ass. :LOL Freaky!

Best wishes for healthy nipples and speedy labors to all! I can't say I've been envisioning a pain free delivery, but I've been trying to psych myself up for agony like I had with Eli and I just can't wrap my head around it. I don't think it will work that way. Hopefully, it won't!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page