June 20-26 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey, we need a new thread!

WRT Greaseball's question, we decided that anything we tried to do with the placenta would only end in hound-related tragedy. So we told the birth center to dispose of it.

How's everybody doing? james was 3 weeks old yesterday, and we are doing OK.
#2 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 2 placentas in my freezer now. One from Gunnar, and one from Landen. My last 3 ended up in the trash when we moved. I hated throwing them away, since we were going to polant rose bushes....but we moved, and I had to empty the freezer to move it, and they were thrown away.
I am not sure what I am going to do with these ones now. We really don't have anywhere to plant them. I may try drying them, grinding them and encapsulating them for use during my menstrual cycles...but it is a lot of work, and I am not sure if I will ever get around to it, or if I will do it correctly.

My birth story is pretty much done, and I put pictures up to go with it. I will be posting it today.
#3 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 01:09 PM
Banned

We tossed ours. Since we are still apt nomads, it just didn't make sense to plant it somewhere then leave it behind and I didn't want to put it under a plant I would later kill and be heartbroken about.

I made my dh's ring wrap yesterday and used it for Tain while I did some laundry. It worked great, though getting itand him on evenly on my back was a bit of a feat. Only 4 more days until my labor support gets here!!! I have decided that Rowan's birthday is going to be Saturday. It actually worked with Tain, so we'll see if we can convince Rowan that it is time. I have noticed a slight change in my cervix so that bodes well.

Unfortunately my swelling gets worse every day-which is the biggest reason I want him out soon. I didn't have any discomfort with Tain, though I was swollen like a sausage. This time my skin really hurts and my legs feel tingly a lot. This morning my hands are slightly swollen. That is a bummer.

Belly rubs to those that are still cooking, lots of labor vibes to those ready to go (hang in there Paula!), and big, soft kisses to all those beautiful babies!

Robin, how is Kieran doing?
#4 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 03:42 PM

Hello! We are doing just great here. My soreness is mostly gone and my breasts have regulated so I'm not feeling too engorged anymore. Julian nurses like a champ. He's very efficient. I haven't had any nipple soreness at all this time like I did with dd. Maybe because she was still nursing just 4 months ago. Anyway, she adores her baby brother and likes to kiss him and rub his head. We are just in baby bliss here!

Congrats Erin! I can't wait to hear your birth story!

We also left our placenta to be disposed of at the hospital. Smithie, we share the same concerns about what would happen with it here at the house! Keep those poopie diapers locked up!
#5 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
:
#6 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 09:45 PM

we left the placenta at the hospital...but my OB did offer it to us (I think it is funny that he did...but he knows what "crunchier" people we are! :LOL)

We did however get a photo of both sides of the placenta which dh thought I was crazy for doing :LOL but I am glad we did it.

Everything is going good here. Isabella is a good sleeper. She has gone down at 1am the last 2 nights and has slept until 7am! Lucky me...I am sure it won't last.

Nursing is actually going so good this time! I wish that we would have been able to do this before.

here is a quick link to her photos from the hospital...they are my favorite!

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=2F7M7W3V3T

password is: fawzrpsm4s

sometimes you have to type the password in instead of copying it and pasting it....

Jessica-
college student and mama to 7 kiddos!
#7 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 10:01 PM

Thanks for all your good vibes. We went in today for a fetal stress test and learned that I have low amniotic fluid. They also determined it is a big baby (which I know isn't always accurate, but it is consistent with dh's family) and that my cervix is still totally closed. Because of these factors, we are having a c-section tomorrow at 7:30. I am pretty sad. At the same time, we really trust our OB and know that she is not c-section happy. She respects our desires and has done so this whole time. However, we can't let baby go any longer witht eh fluid being so low and my cervix doing nothing (despite a month of contractions).

I wold love to hear psitive c-section stories.

It is nice to hear all the great birth stories here!

Peace,
#8 of 54 Old 06-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Banned

to you Paula! What a tough decision. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Jessica-that is one of the cutest picures I have EVER seen!

Well, Tain is giving Matt a hard time in the kitchen so I think I'll go rescue both of them!
#9 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 07:14 AM

I just can't keep up with the threads anymore! I'm reading & thinking of you all but it's hard to find time to post anything. Paula, best wishes for the c-section...I know it's not what you wanted but the end result WILL be that precious baby. It sounds like such a hard situation. Hugs to you.

Congrats Erin on the baby girl!

I didn't get offered my first placenta. Flora's is in the freezer. We plan to plant it under a Grande Flora Abuela bush....just have to dig the whole and do it. I also worry about a hound incident but our dog doesn't have access to the part of the yard we will be planting the shrub in. So far he hasn't gotten hold of any poopy diapers which is a good thing since I'm using fitteds this time...I'd have to strangle him if he got hold of one of them.

I'm struggling with a little funky, sad stuff right now. I'm totally enamored with Flora. And DD is settling down and we're back into our groove. But my DH can send me into the depths of despair pretty darn easily. I remember having a really rocky time with how I felt about him after DD was born. I think it's the whole "I'm totally IT for the baby and you don't get that" thing. Plus I think I shot myself in the foot by being too "with it" right after Flora was born. I think we've been pushing it about doing too much...even though I was going stir crazy and wanted to do stuff, I think it's time to slow down. The good news is, I was expecting it this time. And talked to DH about it. So I told him yesterday that I was dealing with some depression and he seemed to be very receptive and gentle about it which actually made me feel less sad. So that's good. I just HATE feeling so emotional, so volitale.

Okay, times up. Sounds like most everyone is ready to be done, so I'm sending speedy labor vibes to all. Hugs and kisses to the new babes.
#10 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedling
I'm struggling with a little funky, sad stuff right now.
seedling- I'm right there w/ ya babe! I think my worst day was Father's Day, which sucks under normal conditions. I was really upset about something and he told me that he wished I would just cheer up. Big mistake! It sent me completly over the edge.

We were going to keep the placenta but it became too much of a hassel and a bit expensive. The hospital requires you to have a whole bunch of blood tests done to make sure you don't have any std's and since I was already tested for all of those at the beginning of my pregnancy my insurance wouldn't cover them. Also they require that you immediatly remove it from the hospital. Since Lily was born at 3:07 am that would have been a little tough.

COngrats to all the new mommies! I'm having a hard time keeping up w/ everybody.
#11 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 06:25 PM

Hey, where is everyone today??????

I finally finished my birth story!

Here it is

Picture link is at the end, or you can just go here

I am going to the endocrinologist tomorrow....I have a growth on my thyroid that has suddenly gotten much larger. I had bloodwork and an ultrsound done last week. Initially, the hope was that it would be a fluid filled cyst, but no luck. This growth initially started while I was pregnant with Gunnar, and the biopsy came back benign. But this time, the doctor wouldn't even discuss it over the phone, he just said to come in ASAP. I am slightly concerned.

Paula, I am thinking of you today and hoping all is going well for you and that you are holding your sweet baby now!

Erin, congratulations!!! I hope all is going well for you too!
#12 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

seedling, hang in there! My immediate postpartum response to DH was to follow him around like a puppy dog and feel, I kid you not, JEALOUS of my precious new baby for taking "my" spot on DH's lap. Crazy crazy crazy...
#13 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 08:43 PM

Hello everyone! I don't have time to update the list today, but I wanted to stop in and let everyone know that I'm still cooking. 39 weeks tomorrow, un-freaking-believable! I'm tired of it, and I've been really emotionally volatile lately. I feel like a horrible failure as a mother and I know that it won't go away until a few weeks post-partum, so I'm really looking forward to delivering.

Even though I'm smaller than I was with Eli, I feel like this baby is bigger. Seems to me she's got to be a good 8 pounds by now! A friend of mine thought that she'd be born today and be 6 lbs 6 oz. Not a chance; she's *definately* bigger than that. :LOL

None of my clothing fits me right anymore. That's a bad thing, because I look awful, but at this point I'm sorry to say that I just don't care a bit about how I look. :LOL Oh, okay, I'm not sorry at all.

Anyway, I'm off! Welcome to the new Beans and here's hoping we're all talking to our new people soon!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#14 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 08:45 PM

:

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#15 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Banned

Donna-that is one of the best birth stories I have ever read! It is hard to figure out what is important to say and what bogs the story down, you did a really good job.

It has been really beautiful here today, about 70 degrees and sunny. I think we are going to take Tain to the park again before the sun goes down so I need to go.
#16 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 09:15 PM

Donna - beautiful story!

I love keeping up with the list and hearing about everyone's wonderful deliveries! Things are going great here, though I've very tired of packing/unpacking. Its hard to believe that we have our 1-month pediatrician appt tomorrow! Killy is doing very well (there are a million pictures up on our website: Photogrove) - though he didn't nap much at all today! I'm hoping that means he'll sleep a lot tonight. Usually I try to keep him awake from about 8-10pm, and then he sleeps until about 8am (wakes up for 2-3 feedings during the night, though). Last night I let him fall asleep at 8pm and he was up at 5:30am - and didn't nap for more than about 30 minutes anytime today! So much for all my great unpacking plans... but it was more fun to cuddle Killy anyway!

We didn't want to keep the placenta, but I did ask to see it after the birth. The midwife showed it to me and explained the anatomy of it - very cool. Aparently at some point after the birth, someone in the delivery room spilled it onto the floor b/c my sis and DH said there was a HUGE pool of blood on the floor beside the cart where it the bowl was. I was so out of it after the birth (exhausted/relieved/concerned about Killy) that I didn't notice.

So, I think it was the May Mama's thread that mentioned this... but are any of you more/less satisfied with your birth experience a few weeks after the fact? I'm still thrilled with mine, but it seems a lot of women are less positive about their experiences after some time has passed. ???

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#17 of 54 Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 PM

I have not had a big emotional freak-out and don't really expect to now. I did at about 5 days pp with my daughter ten years ago. This time I had an afternoon when I felt a little sorry for myself and lonely but it passed ok and I haven't had more than fleeting instances of such feelings since. I am out and about and annoyed about all the laundry I am trying to catch up on, but have not even had that flash of irritation with the baby yet. We are finally using covers on the diapers again so we are both more comfortable, and drier!

Tomorrow I am going to have my hair cut. Figure baby will be ok in the stroller with dh for half an hour! Except I have to go borrow a stroller! The one my friend is sending/lending me isn't here yet. I would really love a peg perego but they are so absurdly expensive. If my friend's doesn't work out I might see just how much folks have raised for us in terms of babiesrus gift certs. We either don't need all the stuff people think we should have or already have it.

My boy is two weeks old today and ten pounds! I find myself wishing I could move to the ttc list in a year or so, or at least know we will have another someday- a bit of the post-holiday after-birth/babymoon letdown. It is all so precious though.

Paula, a cesarean birth can be a lovely birth. By now it is too late to give you any advice on it, but I hope it was as wonderful an experience as it should be and that you recover quickly and well. Congratulations!
#18 of 54 Old 06-23-2004, 03:13 AM

Hey Mommas! We're home!! Kieran was released yesterday afternoon and is doing great. The final diagnosis was meconium aspiration, which isn't suprising as he came through a lot of it and they clamped his cord so fast he probably took a big gulp of the stuff. He's back up to his birthweight, nursing like a chow hound (I think we're in the 2 wk growth spurt!!) and we're all quite enamored of him. Here's a pic of my June boys

I haven't finished writing my birth story yet. I've found it hard getting past the emotions of the whole thing, but I hope to have it done soon. Our MWs are coming for a home visit tomorrow and I think I'll be able to process a bit more of it talking with them. While I am thrilled to have had the vag birth I wanted, I keep going over it all in my head and wishing there was less fear and panic in the whole thing.

I hope to check in more now that I can NAK, though I'll have to remaster one-handed typing, lol! Blessings to all the new babes and hugs to those still waiting.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#19 of 54 Old 06-23-2004, 06:55 AM

Paula ~ Thinking of you and wishying you a beautiful birth today!

Robin ~ Congrats! So glad Kieran is home. What a GORGEOUS picture of your boys.

Liz ~ Enjoy your haircut. Don't ya just love having someone wash your hair and massage your scalp?

QoC ~ I'm only 4 days pp but I am absolutely thrilled with my birth experience. (I'm about 1/2 way through typing my birth story - will post soon.)

Rynna ~ You are almost there mama!!!

Sorry...I know I'm missing people...it's still pretty ouchy to sit. Off to read Landen's birth story....

~Erin
#20 of 54 Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Banned

Robin-so, so glad to hear Kieran made it home! It must have been pretty stressful for your family with him in the NICU.

Erin-Can't wait to hear your story, thank your friend for me for posting about your birth!

Thinking of you, Paula, and hoping everything is going smoothly and you have a baby in your arms right now!

Rynna-I hope you get your computer back soon! Have you thought about buying a new one instead of fixing the old? We got ours at ibuypower.com and it was really inexpensive and so far, we've loved it. Sounds like a used car, when you tally up all the money you put into fixing it, it's the same as a new car! (We are currently walking that path...)

Wish I had more to say...I am ready for labor to start, getting a little tired of these more than bh, less than labor ctx! I have noticed a definite hormonal shift, been having bad dreams the last couple nights and feel a little more emotional and introspective. Saturday, saturday, saturday...
#21 of 54 Old 06-23-2004, 03:56 PM

Robin, I am glad that everyone is home, safe and sound now! That must feel great.

Julie, I was also getting tired of the "not really labor, but not BH" contractions too. When my real labor began, I was so sure it was just more practice contractions. I was sure I'd get to the hospital and be 1cm dilated and they'd send me home. Thank goodness that didn't happen! I was also swollen those last few days and it sure was uncomfortable. Fortunately, as soon as Julian was born the swelling was gone!

Rynna, my clothes didn't fit the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy. I felt like I looked like a slob all the time. I had two pairs of gym-type shorts that I wore every day. It isn't much better now since my maternity clothes are way too big and my regular clothes are way two small. I'm still mostly in the gym shorts!

Things are still going well here. Ds is just doing wonderfully. Nursing and sleeping lots. He has a decent amount of alert time too, usually in the evening. We've been getting plenty of sleep at night. Dd has adjusted well so far. She's very affectionate with her little brother. Today is dh's first day back to work since ds was born. I've been feeling a little weepy.

Labor vibes to all of those who want or need them, warm cuddles for all the new babies, and belly rubs for those who wish to "cook" a little longer!
#22 of 54 Old 06-23-2004, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Great news, Robin!

"but are any of you more/less satisfied with your birth experience a few weeks after the fact? "

I am thrilled with the birth center, the mw, my DH, my baby and my body - but I am not thrilled with ME. I was so out of it when James was born. I was like a zombie for days, even though I'd had a fast and drug-free labor. I am really disappointed in myself, although I feel that I'll do much better next time and connect with the baby right away, etc.

James has gained 2 lbs 9 ozs from his birthweight, so he is doing really well. My family has gone home and MIL is here giving my entire house a Martha Stewart-style cleaning.
#23 of 54 Old 06-23-2004, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Rynna, my clothes didn't fit the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy. I felt like I looked like a slob all the time. I had two pairs of gym-type shorts that I wore every day.
Two days before Lily was born I met up with my friend to go swimming. As I was walking out the door to go to her house I saw myself in the mirror and I just had to laugh. I was wearing bike shorts (I too had two pairs that I just traded off...that was ALL that fit) and a tank top and I just looked silly. When I got to her house I was like...ummmm....yeah...I should have warned you...I am SO past the point of caring what I look like....hope you don't mind being seen with me! :LOL

Quote:
I am really disappointed in myself, although I feel that I'll do much better next time and connect with the baby right away, etc.
Oh Smithie...please don't feel disappointed with yourself. You did an awesome job mama. It's such an intense experience - physically, emotionally, spiritually - there's no way to know exactly how you'll react until you are in the moment and then you just have to surrender and realize that forces much larger than yourself are in control.

I've had a couple of feelings of regret...like I'm a prenatal yoga teacher and a doula...I'm all about active labor and birth...get out of the bed...squat...use gravity....and how did I deliver....semi-reclined in the bed like every woman I've ever seen on Baby Story. But ya know what, it's what was meant to be. My daughter was on the fast track and wanted OUT and the position I used just worked.

Anyway...can I ask a question for you experienced mamas? How do you help your DH to feel involved? And what (if anything) do you do when he is struggling...putting diapers on inside out and soakers on the outside of her clothing (that one really cracked me up :LOL)...unable to console her etc.?

I am so attached to Lily and I feel so in tune with what she needs...it is physically hard for me to watch DH and she struggle (not to mention it causes my milk to leak all over the place when she is crying). But at the same time I don't want to be correcting him all the time and jumping in to show him the right way to do it, ya know?

Belly rubs to the pregnant mamas and big to all the new mamas!!

Julie ~ Sending lots of Saturday birthday vibes to your little one!!!

~Erin
#24 of 54 Old 06-23-2004, 11:09 PM

Smithie, I second what Erin said. Don't feel disappointed in yourself. Labor/delivery/becoming a mom is SO intense and you really just don't know how you'll feel. The thing you said earlier about being jealous of your precious baby...I felt that way with my first. I remember distinctly feeling like I'd had my DH's baby and now my usefulness to him was spent. I was nothing more than a host body. I was so pissed about everything the first six months of DD's life...I loved her tremendously and was incredibly attached BUT I was just pissed. Pissed at DH. Pissed at all my childless friends. Pissed at relatives who only had demands or were only interested in the baby. It's a hard, hard transition.

Okay, my time is already up. Real quickly, I'm still thrilled with my birth experience.

Julie, hope that little baby comes on Saturday. And just by the way, I'm already loving some of the diapering stuff I got from you!

Hopefully I'll find a few minutes to post more later.
#25 of 54 Old 06-24-2004, 12:09 AM

Robin, I am so glad Kieran is home safe and sound.

Rynna, I also outgrew my clothes the last month, and I too felt like a slob. I couldn't keep my stomach covered to save my life!

Jlie and Queenie, thanks for reading my story. My midwife/friend wrote her version of it as well, and it is awesome for me to read it.

My single regret for my birth is that it was not completely unassisted...meaning the midwife/friend was in the house. I really, really wanted it to just be dh and me, but we did do the entire delivery ourselves.

Erin, as far as having dh feel involved, the only thing I can think of is to let him find his own way. Really, if he is bumbling around, that is okay. Let him find what works for him and Lily. My dh sort of snapped at me when our 3rd baby was a few weeks old because I was telling him how to put the diaper on. I learned my lesson then. Now, he does lots of things very different from me, but our kids survived.

Ack...gotta go nurse again...I'll check in tomorrow....
#26 of 54 Old 06-24-2004, 02:35 AM

Hey, I'm don't belong in here, but thought I would lurk, as I'm due july 3rd, and my due date club gets boring sometimes. Maybe everyone is out having their babies right now? I can't wait to have mine.

Anyways, I thought I would say, that it's sooo funny when your partner puts the diaper on inside out. My partner does that too.:

Good luck for all you mammas having your babes right now, and to those who have already had your babies, s
#27 of 54 Old 06-24-2004, 09:07 AM

I wrote a nice long response and then who knows what I hit but the whole window disappeared. I HATE that!!

Lame re-cap:

Donna...I finally got to read you birth story. It is absolutely beautiful. I could relate to many of the emotions/fears that you described so well.

Mamajaza ~ Welcome!

Ugh...I am so annoyed that I lost that response...there was so much more.

Anyway...Ifinally posted some pics of Lily here.

Belly rubs and baby snuggles...

~Erin
#28 of 54 Old 06-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Banned

oh Erin, she is just adorable!

I am going to ask dh about things we could have done differently with Tain so that he felt more connected. He isn't home right now or I would have an answer for you. Honestly, I think it depends on the temperment of the baby. Tain was very soothed and attached to me and not to dh for most of his first year. Dh did well when Tain was in a good mood, but not at fussy times, etc. IMO, while I hated to watch dh feel helpless and like a failure, I thought that that baby being really bonded to me was more important. It was more important to teach Tain that his needs would be met immediately than for dh to feel like superdad. It was a bit of a strain on our marriage, but I told dh that he gets to be #1 parent the rest of his life, I only get the first 2 years! (And so far, it looks that way ). The one thing we could both do equally is change diapers, but also, Tain was high need and he would only go to sleep by walking in the sling for really long periods of time. Dh and I traded off that "chore" (I hate to call it that, but you know what I mean). It was wonderful to have a break from the crying (we walked him outside since our apt was too tiny to get a good stride) and to know that dh was just as good as me for that. The bonding will come with time, I think. It isn't instinctive like it is with women, it is something they learn-both baby and daddy. In the beginning, most dads will tell you that they don't FEEL a whole lot (of course they won't admit it at the time, but in hindsight that tends to be the trend), but that they learn to love and know their baby with time. Have you tried to tell your dh how Lily's crying makes you feel? It is such an intense emotion that it makes us do and say some crazy things.

This time around, I think it will be similar, especially if Rowan has a similar temperment. But this time, Tain needs dh so I think that will help smooth the road. I think having the reassurance of Tain as he is now is going to help smooth over the lack of bonding at the beginning of Rowan's life, if that makes any sense. It is really hard for dads, our culture tells them they should feel just like we do when their child is born and the truth is that they aren't really wired for that. So on top of bumbling around more, they also carry this guilt.

On a side note, in a New Beginnings a few years ago there was an article (I think it was called "the Baby Wipe Bath"). Basically it talked about the mom being sick and asking the dad to give the baby a bath. When she went into the room, she discovered dad giving baby a bath with baby wipes on the changing table. As she stood in the doorway about to correct her dh, she realized that both baby and dad were having a good time, baby was getting clean, and it really wasn't hurting anyone. She discovered that her dh will always do things differently than her, but that different didn't automatically mean wrong. I had that article on our bulletin board for a long time, a reminder that dh would not always (okay, rarely) do things the way I would do them, but that it didn't mean my way was right and his was wrong. I try to look at whether or not it is detrimental to our lives and if it isn't, I just let it go. Obviously Tain is not the worse for wear yet!

Well, dh is off picking up my mom at the airport right now, Kirsten will be here tonight. I am so excited that it has worked out well so far!

Anyone know if they still make those play sewing machines? I remember them as a child but don't recall ever seeing them as an adult. My mil bought be a bedazzler for kicks from a yard sale and Tain likes to pretend it is a sewing machine. I would love to get him a play one but don't know where to look. I tried google but all it came up with was antique toy sewing machines-not exactly what I am looking for.

Seedling-I was just thinking that I couldn't remember who in our group I had sold dipes to! Glad that you are getting use out of them, makes me feel proud in a vicarious sort of way.

Well, I should struggle with combing Tain's hair-so glad my mom is here as I want her to give him his first haircut. It is so matted in the back and he positively throws a fit if I try to brush it. Arg.
#29 of 54 Old 06-24-2004, 12:41 PM

Well, I just tried a bite of raw placenta. It's really not that good! It tastes like a glob of blood. I'm going to cook a bite, but I don't have high hopes for it.
#30 of 54 Old 06-24-2004, 02:38 PM

Erin,
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Lily is gorgeous! I loved looking at all your pregnant pictures too. I really like the ones with your dh, and the one with the dog on your belly had me cracking up! : :

Julie,
You said exactly what I was trying to say about dh and the babies.

Greaseball, did you just now try some of your placenta? I have heard that it is better when fresh, but I haven't tried it myself. Are you wanting to try it for any particular reason now? I am thinking of drying, grinding and encapsulating mine for use during my period, when it comes back.

I went to the endocrinologist yesterday, about the growth on my thyroid. He is recommending surgery to remove it. If it is cancerous, then radiation would be used to destroy any bad cells and to get rid of my thyroid completely. (I may have some of that wrong...but that is the general gist of what he said yesterday) I am not too worried about cancer...more about the logistics of surgery. I spoke to my friend/midwife about it, and she is willing to come and be my "doula" for it. How nice! She said they (meaning dh and her) could put the baby to my breast while I am in recovery, even if I amnot awake.

Mamajaza, nice to see you here!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page