Overdue mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-24-2004, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, who else here is overdue and going crazy? I know that an EDD is *just* an *estimated* due date, but it's still soooo hard waiting for labor to begin! I was due June 16th and here I am 8 days overdue! My DH and I are going crazy! The most frustrating part is, I've been having contractions off and on for three weeks now!! When I was checked at 40 weeks, I was 3-4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. A few days after I was checked, I had some bloody show and thought for sure that was it, but nope! I am still here, big and pregnant!! Honestly, I wanted to be at least a little overdue so that I could get all of my nesting done, but now that it's all finished, I am sitting here climbing the walls. I am keeping myself busy with housework and going for walks, but I am still wondering, in the back of my mind, when labor will start. It doesn't help that my mom calls me every few days either! And my DH's co-workers ask him about it everyday! Ahhhh!! *deep breaths*

Any other overdue mamas want a place to vent? I'm sure you could use some support and encouragement! I know I definately need it!

Btw, my DS was 6 days "overdue", so I shouldn't be surprised that I'm carrying this baby past my "due date", but the waiting is just soooo hard! I wasn't anxious at all with my DS, but this time is different, maybe because I'm already a mom? I dunno!
#2 of 4 Old 06-24-2004, 11:25 AM

Hi there,
I'll join you, although yesterday was my "due date" so this is my first day of being "overdue." This is our first baby. Both our moms are already calling every day though. It's so silly when other people tell us that they are "tired of waiting" ! Mother in law was convinced that the baby would be early.
Now I know I should have fudged my "date" a little bit. If no one else was waiting on us we would be so peaceful! This is just like how we are not that concerned whether the baby is a boy or a girl, but everyone else in the world is dying to know.
#3 of 4 Old 06-24-2004, 12:21 PM

I was due either the 15th or the 18th. I too have been having ctx for about 2 weeks. Somedays I am fine and others not. The days I am pretty depressed (like today) seem to coincide with the days when there is the MOST pressure in my pelvis, ctx, constant trips to the bathroom (#2) and still NO BABY! I feel afraid to go too far from home since I am in the midst of *light* labor some days--enough to slow me down in the aisles of WalMArt and the constant bathroom trips. (add that to my 2 preschoolers and you mostly find me hiding out in the house!) I finally gave in Tuesday and let them strip my membranes. I swore I wouldn't, but my MW works under a doc, so I am "on the clock" for an induction at this point. I am going in again today to have it done again. Yuck, I hate it, but I hate pitocin worse! I am still holding out for a HB, but today I was up at 4am with ctx and am feeling very discouraged again. I had a weepy day on Monday. I am hoping to get out of this house today and avoid that again. Although I have heard a good long cry can start things up.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Today, I have very little to say that is positive, sorry. If I were just late with no labor, I really think I would be fine emotionally, but some days are a challenge. I can't wait to see my little girl though. That is my main focus now. Are you planning on trying anything, or just waiting it out?
#4 of 4 Old 06-24-2004, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies! Today has been interesting because I've been having pretty regular contractions all day today, since around 10:30am. They are still pretty mild though (I feel pressure and some stretching pain down low in my uterus, but it's not so bad that I have to stop what I'm doing and the pain only lasts about 10 seconds or so), so I'm not sure what to think. I tried timing them, but I had a hard time figuring out when they started and stopped since they are so mild. I've also been getting lots of brown discharge today, but no bloody show. So, who knows!

I decided to take my DS (23 months) for a walk to the park today, which was really nice! The weather was perfect, warm and sunny with a cool breeze. We were at the park for two hours and DS had a blast! I mainly just sat and relaxed in the shade, which was heavenly! Being outside in the sunshine really took my mind off of things, which I really needed!!

lilzark ~ That sucks how your moms are calling everyday! I would be going nuts if ours were! Luckily, it's only my mom who has been calling and it's only every 2-3 days. She says that everyone keeps asking her about me. I'm just glad that they're asking her and not calling me!! I think next time, I might just tell my family/friends what month I'm due so that people wont be focused on a specific "date".

mother4good ~ Wow, it looks like you and I are in the same boat as far as due dates go and having contractions for weeks! Don't be sorry about not being positive! Like you, I get depressed too and I started this thread so that we can vent and commiserate with each other! So, you're hoping for a homebirth, eh? I am too! I was originally planning a hospital birth with a CNM and a doula, but I changed my mind at 38 weeks. I've been wanting a homebirth since I got pregnant and since we don't trust the hospital to allow us to birth exactly the way we need to, we switched. My homebirth midwife is actually my doula (she a midwife in training, so she's unlicensed, but we trust her completely! She's very knowledgeable about natural childbirth and she's going to allow us to birth the way we want to). The only thing I plan on doing, as far as helping things along, is walking. I'm afraid of doing anything else because I don't want to disturb the natural process. My CNM started to strip my membranes at my 40 weeks appointment, which made me mad because I didn't give her permission to do that! Luckily, it didn't do anything. My HB midwife doesn't start getting concerned until 42 1/2 weeks, so I don't have any pressure from her to get things going for at least another week!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page