July 5-11 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 23 Old 07-05-2004, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Starting a new thread here.....

Sandi, I am sorry Lily is being ignored....especially by Grandma. I feel it a little with my kids, but mostly because I have so many, not because of their gender. In fact, one family member said one time "Great, another kid to buy gifts for." in response to one o our pregnancy announcements. I foret who said it, but it was then that we quit inviting family over for their birthdays. Yeah, like the only reason we had another baby was so our relatives would have to buy presents.....

Landen smiles a LOT in his sleep. Darren says of course he is thinking about nursing.....cuz he screams when he gets his diaper changed, so it couldn't be that! :LOL

Rynna, I think it would be neat to have some stats on the list thread too.

Does anyone else know how much their baby has grown up to now? I have no idea how much Landen weighs or how long he is now, but I think he is smaller than my last several babies. He is 4 weeks (or 1 month today), and he still fits in almost all of his newborn diapers, covers, and sleepers. He has really only outgrown 2 newborn t-shirts. This is new for me.....my last 4 babies outgrew their newborn stuff in two weeks. Codey and Gunnar both gained weight at a phenomonal rate-they both weighed 18 pounds by the time they were 8 weeks old. I know Landen is not as heavy as they were....at least I don't think he is.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 07-05-2004, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
At the 2-week WBC, Andrea was up to 9/2. She never experienced the weight loss that babies do.
#3 of 23 Old 07-05-2004, 04:11 PM

It's hot and I'm still pregnant. 41 weeks tomorrow... My mom is leaving for Vegas tomorrow for work, for a month.

At my last appointment I was about 60% effaced (saturday) and dilated about a fingertip. Still having sporatic contractions, but never more than 4 or 5 in a row. I'm so ready to have this baby, my friends that were due after me have both had theirs already. I'm tired, uncomfortable, and hungry all the time.

Baby, it's time to come out now.
#4 of 23 Old 07-05-2004, 05:24 PM

Ceili~

((((((( Labor vibes )))))))
#5 of 23 Old 07-05-2004, 05:26 PM

Ceili: I'm sending labor-vibes! :

Is anyone else still pregnant? And does anyone else have an opinion on stats?

NewBean was 6-9 at her one week appointment. She's getting blood drawn this week, and I have to take her to WIC, so I'll have two opportunities to get her weighed again. I'm really enjoying plotting her out on her growth chart. I know, I'm a total dork that way. When I asked for a chart at the hospital the nurse was tickled; I don't think people ask for them very often. Anyway, she brought me a whole bunch of girl ones which were really nice (the colored ones with all four charts on one sheet of paper), so I asked for some boy charts too. :LOL That's entertainment! I really got a kick out of plotting Eli's growth on the colored chart. And having them all on one sheet of paper is so convinient! Eli's was on four separate sheets of white paper, stapled together. Not nearly so pretty! :LOL

At any rate, at birth she was exactly 25th percentile for length, weight, and head circumference. Mini, but not super-mini. Even so, we had to roll up four blankets to get her to fit into her carseat even on the smallest setting of the straps. I guess she's got (relatively) long legs and that she's fairly densely built. The dense part is no surprise, as Mike and I are both built like mountains, but long legs? No idea where those could have come from.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#6 of 23 Old 07-05-2004, 09:27 PM

Ceili- birthing dust to you!!

Rynna- Stats are cool w/ me!!
#7 of 23 Old 07-05-2004, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
James isn't due for another appt until our final visit with the midwife on June 19, and I'm seriously thinking about putting him in the produce scale to see how much he weighs.

For the past several days his poops have been more than 24 hours apart - since he is bf, I should just be happy about this, right?
#8 of 23 Old 07-06-2004, 01:21 AM

Smithie, Flora's poops have been more than 24 hours apart this past week too. I was concerned and talked to my midwife about it and she said it's normal for that to happen as they get a little bit older. I looked in the LLL book and it sounds like it's happening a little early for Flora BUT she's gaining so well there is no danger that she's getting not enough hind-milk. Sounds like your guy has been gaining really fast too so I wouldn't worry about it. Plus, she's still peeing like crazy so I know she's getting enough to eat.

Rynna, stats are cool with me too.

Ceili, hope that baby gets here soon!

I feel so much more "together" the past couple of days. I still am a long way off from being as competent/efficient as I was pre-baby but I don't feel like I'm going stark raving mad lately. I actually took the kids to the playground by myself today. It wasn't the smoothest trip in the world but we survived. It would've been a lot more pleasant if this one little boy hadn't latched onto me the minute I got there and followed me EVERYWHERE for the remainder of the time I was there. His mom just SAT there like a lump on a log. Now I have a very friendly kid myself, and she often takes a liking to strangers, but I always introduce myself and shadow her. This woman just sat there while I dealt with my two kids and her kid. It just annoyed me. Especially b/c as I was getting ready to leave my oldest slipped and fell and so I was trying to comfort her while I was holding Flora (had just finished nursing her). So I put Flora in the sling but couldn't immediately walk which made her cry. So I've got two crying kids, plus I'm trying to get my crap together to put in the car and this little boy is like a dang mosquito flying around me pestering me. I wanted to scream at his mother.

Okay, I'm off to bed. Hope everyone is doing well.
#9 of 23 Old 07-06-2004, 09:04 PM

My Rowan is huge. The largest setting of straps on the infant seat is almost too small. We're going to have to move to a combination seat very soon. I don't know quite how much he weighs; we only have a regular bath scale here and I haven't weighed him in a while. Maybe I'll try tonight.

Did his footprints yesterday when I realized I didn't have them from birth! Sorry if I am repeating myself; between the fire and family tensions and being really sick yesterday I am a bit tired.
#10 of 23 Old 07-08-2004, 02:47 PM

okay, i've added some stats; if you haven't posted your birth story (and told us where it is) then you're not included, so, um, fix that! :LOL

if someone could copy this to the lwab thread, i'd appreciate it.

#11 of 23 Old 07-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Banned

i don't understand how i can have all this help and still not make it to mdc regularly!

and i am still typing w/1 hand, which takes forever!

we just had our 10 day appt and Rowan weighed 8,2-birth weight was 7,6.

sending lots of labor vibes, ceili!! it is so hard to be last...

i'll see if i can't get on sometime tomorrow without baby in my arms. hopefully i'll have some time to write my birth story then.

lots of love to everyone!
#12 of 23 Old 07-08-2004, 05:07 PM

I just posted my birth story for those interested! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=148239&page=2
#13 of 23 Old 07-08-2004, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Andrea slept 7 hours last night! This so rocks.
#14 of 23 Old 07-09-2004, 12:35 PM

It's been a long couple of days. Our baby boy (still without a name) was born July 8th at 3:29 am.
#15 of 23 Old 07-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Banned

hoorah Ceili!!!! So glad you had him!!
#16 of 23 Old 07-09-2004, 05:20 PM

Congrats Ceili!!!!
#17 of 23 Old 07-09-2004, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
YEEHAH!
#18 of 23 Old 07-09-2004, 06:56 PM

Congrats Ceili!!!

Is there anyone else left???
#19 of 23 Old 07-09-2004, 08:27 PM

hi all & congrats ceili!!

vivian weighed 8-2 @ her 1mo appt tues, up 1lb from birth weight! oops, i think ds is destroying something!!
#20 of 23 Old 07-09-2004, 08:36 PM

Congrats, Ceili!

According to the list, there are a few people left; since they're not regular posters there's no way to know if they're actually left. Oh, and we actually have a perfectly even split between boys and girls, 50/50. Sweet!

I weighed Rivkah today by the cat method, and she was over 7 pounds! Oh, and I am 15 pounds lighter than when I concieved. Could be worse! :LOL Time to change the pants!

#21 of 23 Old 07-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

I was a bit disappointed that birth didn't take more weight off me. I was hoping the 60 lb weight gain was warrented...ah well, I guess nursing 40 lbs off isn't soo bad...
#22 of 23 Old 07-10-2004, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for updating the stats Rynna...we sure have gotten quiet around here though! :LOL

I was at the chiro's office last Tuesday, which also is where my midwife is, so we weighed Landen. He was 11lb 2oz, and that was at one month. I measured him at home and he is 24 inches....I had to measure him 3 times, because I couldn't believe it.....he grew 3 inches in a month. I honestly have no idea of what is typical for the first month. My other babies have grown a pound a week for the first two months, so I am very glad the Landen isn't packing on the pounds like that. It makes it very difficult to carry and sling a baby that big.

Next Wednesday I am meeting with a surgeon to discuss my thyroid surgery. I am bringing my midwife, who is going to be my surgery doula. She will help out with Landen, and run interference with the staff when it comes time for me to nurse my baby after surgery.
#23 of 23 Old 07-10-2004, 04:35 PM

nak
DOnna- Good luck w/ your surgeon appointment. I got lucky my surgeon knew my ob and midwife and they are are very breastfeeding suppotive. The anestheologist was also very breastfeeding friendly. The only problem I had was with the nurse who did my pre-surgery blood work for the anestheologist. She told me that I was endangering the wellfare of my child. After that I marched up to the lactation consultants on the maternity floor who in turn spoke to the anestheologist for me!

Good Luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page