July Mamas - Mar 15-31 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2004, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ooh I found us!

ok I have stuff to share!! DH finally!!!!! agreed to an ultrasound!!!!! YAY!! YIPPIE!!!

and i don't know if you saw my last post about homebirth:
Quote:
I mentioned I was planning a homebirth and everyone looked at me like I was crazy~and asked things like why would someone want to do that to their baby....like I am putting the baby's life in danger
it was crossposted in my livejournal and my sister responded with this:
Quote:
Screw em all... they just think like that because they are nurses and they ONLY see the worst of everything. Millions upon millions of babies have been born the way you're gonna do it and, judging by overpopulation in less developed countries... it's f*king working. So tell 'em to pike off and get your placenta bowl ready!
placeta bowl!! I was ROFLOL!! I thought you guys would get a kick out of it!!!
well~i thought it was funny.
I woke up at 3 am to see an outstretched leg where my belly button *used* to be....
i really think the pregnancy moves along quicker when you have another one to look after....I remember *waiting* for that streching milestone with pg #1...and now it has come so fast, before I even thought of waiting for it...
hugs to all!

~mama to some wonderful kids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2004, 12:28 PM

Sunfairy and other homebirth mamas-

How are you planning on paying for your homebirth? DH and I really want to have a homebirth but I can't believe how much money we would be spending out of pocket (2600 base fee plus extras on top of that versus 100% hospital coverage). I can't imagine myself giving birth in a hospital but I also can't imagine paying that much money for a homebirth! : Especially when we don't know whether I will be able to return to work part-time afterwards to contribute to our family income. I guess I really have some financial issues....
Old 03-30-2004, 12:38 PM

aww mama! did I tell you before that chloe was born in colorado? Grand junction..with an OB who worked along side a midwife. It was a great birth..he let DH *catch* the baby and tried to induce me with caster oil and cohosh when I was almost 2 wks overdue. It was a hospital birth, his name is Dr. Robbins and the midwife he worked with is Anita. I had a friend who used him with state medicaid too...

our midwife charges $1700 cash start to finish...and because I had my 1st 3 prenatals elsewhere, she is deducting $50 per visit..(so $150 off her total) My isurance is covering 70% after a $500 deductable...she's charging my insurance like $3200 in hopes of me not paying to much..and my insurance tells me if i save receipts for birthing classes, homebirth supplies and lab fees..all that will go towards my $500 deductable...once I meet it~ everything is 100% paid!

HTH!

OHHH we picked a name for a girl~~~***insert drumroll***
Avery Elizabeth Cunningham

whatcha think?
we'll see what the ultrasound says....if its a boy..I'm in trouble..I haven't a clue what to name him....

Old 03-30-2004, 06:19 PM

Hmmm. I like the name, but I had to double check. I've only heard Avery for a boy...

This week, I will pass into the third trimester (I am using the end of 27 weeks as my marker)

I popped! Sometime yesterday morning I popped! It's funny!

Sigh. I am getting nervous now. At 33 weeks with Goo, she dropped and I was put on bedrest. I was 90%effaced and starting to dilate, she was at 0 station! Now, I KNOW she stayed in until 40w0d, but I am still getting nervous about this one. That's only 6 weeks away and I want Moo to be healthy too. How do I get over this nerve case?

And to all of those who get crap for chosing to homebirth, Screw those people! It's YOUR choice...Sigh.. Why can't people get that through their heads... (Of course I still deal with my mom who complains about EBF to stragners! And I don't even BF!)
Old 03-30-2004, 08:22 PM

ITS A BOY!!!!!!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Old 03-30-2004, 08:29 PM

Yay, Sunfairy. Now you'll have a boy and a girl. Perfect, some would say. I think I'm having a boy, but havent done an ultrasound. Then I will have a boy and girl too.~~
Old 03-31-2004, 01:49 PM

YEAH Sunfairy!!!

Congrats! I take all was well at the u/s!!!

Very happy for you!
Old 04-02-2004, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

I'm off to NYC for a week - pregnant and with a toddler, but oh well, here we go anyway.

Have a great week!
Old 04-02-2004, 01:10 PM

sunfairy...congrats!
Isn't it exciting?
I was on a cloud for days after my ultrasound/gender revelation.
Oh and about coping without an epidural, nonsense! Labour truly is one of those cases where the fear is worse than the reality. And people always telling you to be afraid has such a negative psychological effect. Poo-poo on them.

And yesterday...OMG...there was this little newborn with a shock of dark hair and tiny little blue eyes at the playgroup, waking up in his carseat and kind of trying to suck on his hand and mewing in that newborn way. I had this overwhelming urge to just NURSE him...I wanted to 'eat him all up'....babies are always dear but now I feel like I have serious maternal hormone syndrome or something.

And I keep having dreams that i'm trying to nurse but something keeps getting in the way...like teeth....

User Tag List