What kind of clothes are you wearing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-28-2004, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm thinking, name brands, or styles. I'm wearing stretchy velour pants right now, and boy-cut undies. I'm also wearing my trusty jockey undershirt, and a gap shirt.

Are you all wearing mostly maternity clothes? Where do you buy them?
#2 of 15 Old 03-28-2004, 05:19 PM

I am wearing all maternity since I like TRIPLE in size during pregnancy. It's insane.

My favorite things to wear are everyday drawstring pants from Babystyle, t-shirts from target and Old Navy, and jeans from Old Navy. I have dumb-looking maternity clothes left from my first pregnancy but golly have things changed! Stuff is so much cuter now. And I am SO UGLY when pregnant! I need cute clothes.

:LOL
#3 of 15 Old 03-28-2004, 05:47 PM

I'm wearing mostly maternity clothes now. I have on a pair of Gap jeans with a Motherhood 3/4 sleeve shirt. Pretty cute. This is such a change from when I was pregnant with my first. I don't mind the clothes at all now.
#4 of 15 Old 03-28-2004, 07:53 PM

mostly hand me downs. some cute, some not . I try not to wear the ugly ones out of the house, but it happens. :LOL
I have one pair of demin capris, long and short demin overalls (all from Motherhood) and a variety of shirts, tee shirts and button front. I altered one of my skirts so I can wear that too. heading to visit my MIL for a week and packing is tougher than usual.
What about pjs? What are you all sleeping in?
#5 of 15 Old 03-29-2004, 01:10 AM

i lost some weight, so i am able to wear my pre-preg jeans with a shoelace to pull them sort of closed, and big maternity shirts. i also have some overalls from when iw as pregnant with eli and a two pairs of shortalls i got at khol's on clearance for dirt cheap i have one pair of maternity pants and two pairs of maternity jeans that fit me... and i think that's it. so most of the tiem, i end up in regular pants witha shoelace. :

i have one really cute pair of shorts from GapMaternity that I bought on clearance while i was pregnant with eli.. i love them and they still look new so i'm sure i'll be wearing them a lot this summer!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#6 of 15 Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 AM

I bought three new pairs of maternity pants (JC Penney sells TALL maternity - yipee!) and wear them with a variety of shirts (mostly maternity). I am still wearing a lot of stuff from my first pregnancy because for some reason the maternity shirts have gotten very short this time and last and since I am long-waisted they don't cover my belly or my rear end as much as I'd like!

I wish I had the size two body with the bowling ball that all the maternity clothes seem made for, but that just isn't me!

And what is up with the funky, scratchy, acetate like material that maternity pant suits (and other work clothes) come in? I would never wear that fabric if I wasn't pregnant, why would I want to sweat and be more uncomfortable when I am?

I went to the women's underwear section at Walmart and bought some cotton bikini style that are two sizes bigger than normal. They ride under my belly, but are big enough on my bum.

I also bought some extra-large "A-shirts" (ribbed tank style t-shirts) at Walmart and I wear those to bed with undies. When I am visiting family I have a pair of jammies that are pants and a tank top that still fit.

Pantyhose are the thing I am struggling with the most. I bought some at Motherhood that are the under the belly style, but they still roll down and I end up in pain if I am sitting down for any length of time. I'm going to go on Tuesday and get some over the belly ones.
#7 of 15 Old 03-29-2004, 01:21 PM

Jenn, the over the belly panyhose rolled down on me too. That was the biggest problem I had with maternity clothes.

I wear all maternity clothes. My belly gets huge and I have to be comfy. I wear mostly t-shirts and jeans or cargo pants out of the house. Inside I wear stretch pants andstuff with lots of room.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#8 of 15 Old 03-29-2004, 04:45 PM

Most of my stuff is from Motherhood Maternity. I love my maternity jeans and usually just throw on a t-shirt. I need to start looking for some shorts and more short sleeve shirts for summer.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#9 of 15 Old 03-29-2004, 06:00 PM

I have just discovered Old Navy maternity tops and am in love. I got camis, T's, and a racer back top. They are the most comfortable things right now. I hope they stay that whay throughout.

Today I am wearing a green ON T and Kavu pants. The pants are not as comfy as maternity pants but it sort of feels good to wear light weight pants that aren't maternity pants.
#10 of 15 Old 03-29-2004, 09:33 PM

Hmm, most of my maternity stuff is from JC Penney and leftover from last time. They sell these awesome cropped chinos that I live in, which is a huge change from last time when I wore mostly "career" maternity. Actually, my favorite shirts are tees from Target but Old Navy has some really nice colors so I may pick some up. I'm solidly in maternity clothes, LOL. I would like some nice dresses for spring but our Motherhood Maternity seems to sell nothing but track suits.

Now, my feet are super swollen so I'm stuck in birks probably until this babe is born {same as last time}. Wasn't bad when we had 80 degree weather last week but winter's making it's last stand right now and it's cold.

Pj's are still my nursing pj's from Motherhood Maternity b/c they've got the room in the tummy. When I actually had ds I thought they were a waste of money since I could just hike up a shirt, but now I'm glad I have them.

Teaching wife & mama knit.gif  to my not so little ones - DS (10) drum.gif and DD (8) dust.gif

#11 of 15 Old 04-04-2004, 03:05 PM

for christmas I got a pair of low riding, underbelly maternity pants that I LOVE also a black sheer buttondown shirt, both from Thyme

I went to Thyme Outlet a couple of months ago and cuaght their summer clearence sale from last years stock..

I got a pair of capris (wearing them now)

A pair of really nice kacki pants (i looove them) they come up over my belly a bit

I got a bunch of summery shirts I wear them under my button down shirts

I am wearing a button down shirt (not maternaty) from old navy in size xxl and it's almost time to put it away (stretched tight over my belly lol)

my mom made me a few long sleeved shirts but they are still a bit big! (by the time they fit it will be too hot for them!)
#12 of 15 Old 04-05-2004, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

I went to Old Navy expecting to find "the" stash for all my maternity clothes needs. But I found it A. Too expensive, and B. Bad materials. I bought some "low-riders" on sale at a shop near where I live, and they fit my fine. They're the stretchy velour pants that I mentioned in my first post. I think that a lot of the maternity clothes that they sell in those shops are designed for women who work at an office while they are pregnant. Most of the materials are 100% polyester so that you don't have to iron them all the time, like you would with cotton. I prefer cotton.

I guess I am lucky in the fact that I'm fairly tall, (5'10"), so the baby has more room to move up instead of *out*.

I just really need to get some good maternity underwear, though. I went to thyme, to looking for good maternity underwear, and the crotch was soooo small. I don't think it could hold half of one sneeze. KWIM? I should try getting some large underwear from mall-wart (my take on wal-mart), like a previous poster had mentioned doing. Last time I was pregnant, I ended up cutting half of my underwear (the really cheapo fruit of the loom kind), just so I'd be comfortable in them. I was really poor then too, obviously.
#13 of 15 Old 04-05-2004, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by *Mamajaza*
I just really need to get some good maternity underwear, though.
Check out Bravado underwear. They've got a few designs and their pretty well made, thick and soft cotton. Here is a link to their site, but a lot of WAHM's seem to sell them, too.

Teaching wife & mama knit.gif  to my not so little ones - DS (10) drum.gif and DD (8) dust.gif

#14 of 15 Old 04-05-2004, 08:37 PM

We don't have Thyme here. Just out of curiosity, what sort of shop is it?
Got two pairs of pants that fit (even in the thighs!!!) at a thirft store while visiting my MIL in AZ. Of course the khakis, which fit extremely well, already have balsamic vinegar and size 7 toddler dusty foot print stains on them.:
#15 of 15 Old 04-07-2004, 06:04 PM

my pants are mostly hand-me-downs from my sister (which is cool though, because she's uber-trendy )... shirts, i just usually wear peasant-type blouses, flowing shirts... basically the stuff i wore before i was pregnant. i'm wearing a lot of spring dresses, some maternity, some just roomier in the belly. the maternity dresses are gently used Motherhood Maternity ones, that we got on eBay.

right now i'm in an oversized Levi's shirt (grey ringer w/ red accents), natural-cotton colored maternity cargo pants, and bare feet. yesterday i wore an ankle-length cream-colored dress w/ blue flowers... not maternity, but just large enough in the belly that i fit.

undies... i can't stand maternity underwear. ugh. they make me feel like an elephant... a pregnant elephant. i wear boy-cut lace undies with a non-underwire stretchy lace bra. the boy-cut undies are good because they're stretchy enough and low enough that they fit nicely under my belly. (it's the same style of bikini bottoms i have, and work perfectly for pregnancy!) i need more bras though. (i just bought a couple new ones that fit perfectly, and i took them into the laundry room to wash them -- we have a shared laundry room in our apartment complex -- and i only have 1 now. i'm hoping whoever took it decides to return it...)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page