*July mommas*April 2nd-15th~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 04-14-2004, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that I haven't been around in a while (we have been moving and work has been a zoo!), but I miss the long thread too. It's nice to be able to chat w/o having a specific question to answer all of the time. . . .

I have been doing great, but feeling like this pregnancy is going to last forever! Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it, but cannot believe that I have three and a half more months! I have been having the overwhelming craving for Barbeque (sp?) lately. I think it is because the Smokehouse resaurant is near my work and I can smell it in the afternoons - It's killing me, I usually wouldn't want that sort of thing, but I have been thinking of bringing take-out home for the past week. : At least I haven't given in to the urge yet.

Hope all of you are well!

Michelle - Mom to 3 very wonderful and very active boys   
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 04-15-2004, 01:38 AM

Butterfly Mama-congrats on the blissful spirit! I love hearing what others feel/see about this baby!

I've been out of the loop/offline for a while--since March I think! yikes... busy times & lap top (which is newer & faster is in the shop).

Glad to hear all of your stories.

I, too, so love to read the long list of random thoughts/posts for our thread. It's very comforting to me! like hot tea... or like a smoothie since it's warmer here now.

Thanks for everybody who takes time to post.

I'm at 26 wks now. I'm due July 21st.

I had an ultrasound at 22 wks b/c I really wanted to & loved seeing the baby's cute little foot!! and face--lips & mouth moving--maybe swallowing!! I was lying there crying... took dd along so she could watch. It was like no big deal for her. :

They said "probably girl" but I think he's a boy. We'll see in July! It makes shopping a bit challenging for me though.:

I'm wondering if everybody has a car seat. ?? We bought a Britax Roundabout for dd in '99 b/c I heard it was the one they use in Europe... and they drive so fast there... But, when she was tiny (8 lbs.), I remember riding beside her 7 holding up her head even though we bought little wing things for the straps & a little neck pillow/brace thing. While I loved knowing it was a safe seat, I didn't feel like it was the most comfy for a tiny baby. I wish she could have been lying down in a natural position--one that's could for digestion & the spine, etc. I just had an overall bad feeling about carseats with dd--esp. when she was a baby. As a toddler, on the other hand... I felt that it was safer for the driver for her to buckled instead perusing around & distracting, etc... So, I want something safe & sturdy but also comfy. Any advice? (I don't plann to carry around the car seat/ attach to a stoller, etc. so that's not a consideration/isssue in deciding... b/c I prefer the old fashioned carrying in the arms or sling.)
#33 of 36 Old 04-15-2004, 01:43 AM

While I like the mile-long list of July Mamas' posts, I went ahead & posted on the little discussion about what to buy/what you have...

I hope all of you are having good luck with your shopping!!
#34 of 36 Old 04-15-2004, 02:43 PM

Does anybody know of a holistic 1st aid kid for infants? I've been looking at health food stores, but I haven't seen one yet. Surely, there's a homeopathic or herbal or ayurvedic one out there. ??

I'm familiar with Hyland's teething tablets, which dd really loved. We used a lot of those... and we've used the Hyland's C plus Cold & the Hyland's Earache tablets. All have worked like a charm.
#35 of 36 Old 04-17-2004, 04:05 AM

Hi,

At my last prenatal my MW said she could not tell but thought that the baby was head down. Tihs is my 4th and I think it is the most mellow one yet I barley feel it kicking. Im going to make sure my posture is good and Im not slouching to much in to chairs. Baby was posterior for #2 and my labor was long and not fun. Yes Im worried if it turns breech. My MW does not breech at home and we would have to go to the hospital.

Michelle
edd 7/7
#36 of 36 Old 04-17-2004, 12:38 PM

Welcome Michelle! (mLeroux) I'm just now starting to think about the positioning, too. My midwife told me not to lay back while sitting- glad I don't have a recliner chair

BTW, I think that this thread has been restarted as April 16-30th now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page