cervical polyp - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-08-2004, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
went to my OB today... had a bunch of tests done because i had been having vaginal bleeding a couple of weeks ago while i was out of state, and the ER was completely incompetant. he redid the tests they had done and then did a full pelvic exam... and found a polyp on my cervix. (he let me see it... goddess it's ugly.)

he said not to worry and that it *shouldn't* interfere w/ a natural labor + delivery.... but i'm still upset. it just seems like one thing after another w/ my health; i'm sick of it. ~ in a nutshell, i've always been sick. i have endometriosis, i had surgery for it and it grew back, they found lesions on my cervix and i had to go through 2 colposcopies... my whole life i've always gotten every cold + other virus that's come around, i had heart failure when i was 2, giartia when i was in first grade for a year... and so on and so on. i'm just so tired of it. i thought everything was going great and now i have this dumb polyp on my cervix.

everything else is looking ok though, so i guess that's something. the baby's healthy.. measuring at 27 weeks... and apparantly i'm gaining weight better than i thought, which is good. i was really worried.
#2 of 10 Old 04-08-2004, 01:47 PM

I'm sorry! There should be a rule like "A pregnant woman will hath no illnesses or medical problems while she is gestating." Its enough just to be pregnant!

So will they wait to treat the polyp until after your dc is born? Thank goodness that the babe is unaffected by it!

I'm sending you healthy vibes.
#3 of 10 Old 04-08-2004, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the vibes.

yeah, he said that we'd have to wait, because anything we do with it now could (and probably would) cause me to go into labor.
#4 of 10 Old 04-16-2004, 11:09 AM

Sending you healthy vibes. I hope you can be joyful through all of this.

Don't know how you feel about affirmations, but I love this one I got from a guy a couple years ago:

"Everyday & in every way I am getting better & better, and I expect excellent health quickly & easily--ONLY THE BEST WILL DO!"

Say 10 times daily with conviction outloud.

#5 of 10 Old 04-16-2004, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

thanks.

about affirmations... i can't help it, whenever i think of them i always hear Al Franken's voice in my head... :LOL
#6 of 10 Old 04-16-2004, 07:10 PM

Hey-
The same thing happened to me when I was pregnant.
The hormones made the thing grow.. and they bleed like anything.
I got mine early on in the pregnancy.. and we were all sure I was having a miscarriage, until an ultrasound finally confirmed the polyp was doing the bleeding.
It was soooo nervewracking. And even though I knew what it was... it freaked me out.
My midwives also told me it was best to leave it alone, and not to mess around with my cervix. They said unless it grew massively, it would not interfere with my labor/birth.. and in fact would probably just fall off on its own.

And that is exactly what happened.

I know it seems like such a bummer. You've already had to deal with soooo much in your life.. but look what a strong survivor you are! This is NOTHING compared to what you have already triumphed over. It IS just a dumb polyp. It is not going to hurt you or the babe. It is just one of those weird pregnancy things (I also got a ganglion cyst during mine).

Hugs.. I know how much mine bummed me out.
But it really turned out to be no big deal at all.
#7 of 10 Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm sorry. Sending positive vibes your way too!
#8 of 10 Old 04-16-2004, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

thank you so much asherah! it's nice to hear from somebody else who went through that... it just kind of freaked me out, since my mom had cervical cancer, and my aunt died of cancer. the fact that there's a 5% chance it *could* be malignant is mainly what's been freaking me out... i mean, i know the proverbial glass is 95% full but it still sucks, you know?
#9 of 10 Old 04-16-2004, 07:48 PM

I DO know. It does suck.. like man, why do I even need to DEAL with this.

But my Midwives were just sooo blase about it... they see lots of 'em... the things just get triggered and grow from the pregnancy hormones.. and they bleed if you even move wrong.

A total drag.. but do your best not to give it too much fear and let it drag you down. That's not good for you or the baby.
#10 of 10 Old 04-21-2004, 06:00 PM

Sorry you had one develop. Remember, the glass is 95% full.

Hang in there. I get little bumps all of the time, but I haven't had the larger ones. Given your history, it might be related to the endo too...

Sending you well wishes for the next 13 weeks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page