*July Moms* April 16-30 Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 04-28-2004, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stacey

You look beautiful!! Every woman carries differently and as such "looks" more or less pregnant than the general public thinks she should. I've been getting the "oh my god, you have 10 weeks left and your that big" looks lately, too. Who cares? What business is it of their's anyway? I have been measuring big throughout this pregnancy. For example, I am currently 30.5 weeks and measure at 33 weeks so I guess on average I am bigger than most at this stage. This does not bother or worry me bc I already birthed a "big" baby at 8lbs 9oz and I feel good. So I just keep grinning when the questions keep coming....
jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 04-28-2004, 11:07 PM

I'm 30 weeks and I think I look like I did at 40 weeks with my last pregnancy. My belly is sticking way out (for me, anyways). Everyone can tell I'm pregnant now, no hiding it. I'm gonna post a pic soon, too! I'm becoming so computer-literate because of mothering.com....

Some lady said to me the other day,"You've got a small little lump there, hey".... ah, O.K.... when was the last time YOU were preganant? 48 years ago, perhaps. Arg... I said to her, "my mom thinks I'm a lot bigger right now than I was at 40 weeks with my DD".... "and she was 8 lbs. 7oz".... then someone said,"yep, you're about the same size I was at that time" .... and her baby was 6 lbs. at birth.

At that time, even my midwives didn't think my baby would be very big "won't be a 9-pounder, that's for sure"... : I just hold my babies differently than most mommas because I'm tall with a longish torso AND my uterus is "retroverted".
#33 of 36 Old 04-29-2004, 12:06 AM

I hate those comments on belly-size. Seems like everybody has a preconceived notion of what you *should* look like and too many feel free to share it.
I didn't look pregnant with ds until I was nearly 30 weeks, though of course it was obvious to anyone who knew me. This time I am much bigger, and I get comments ranging form "Whoa! You're big!" to "that's a tiny belly there." Sadly, many of the "tiny" comments come from friends in playgroup. Do they think this is a complement? Well, I hate it.
Whoosh, I'm grouchy and feeling icky, not quite nauseous, but my stomach is definately "off" and everything takes so much effort. This feeling seems to come and go and I don't know what triggers it. I hope it passes soon.
Sorry to be so negative.
#34 of 36 Old 04-29-2004, 01:06 PM

Dalai-mama

Don't apologize....we all have those days!

I just had someone ask me today if I was pregnant. Um, YEAH! Hello? I am just about 31 weeks pregnant here!

In truth, my belly is small, but that is because I carry deep. This means I have had someone pounding on my lungs and organs since 20 weeks. I haven't been able to breath right since then! AUGH!

So, yeah, I look cute and small, but I have a bruised rib cage and I can't breath...I would take a belly out to Indonesia instead of this!

Sorry, now I'm on a rant...

I am setting up some photos tomorrow. Maybe I'll post them
#35 of 36 Old 04-29-2004, 11:48 PM

Foobar, I made the mistake once of "assuming" someone was pregnant.... asking her when she was due.... and she wasn't!! She wasn't "overweight", but she had a big belly out front. Ooops~Next time, if I thought someone was with child, I asked if they were (pregant) before asking them when they were due. :LOL
#36 of 36 Old 05-01-2004, 12:03 AM

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. I mean to me I look really pregnant...
But that could happen... Although this woman was pretty stupid and kept telling me I was due in September based on my size!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page