*July Moms* (May 1-15) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 05-12-2004, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I also pulled down the infant seat and decided to just order new straps. It was quite gross and I washed the padding and it came out great, but those straps ICK.
Can you not wash straps?

It's really nice to read all your posts. I am feeling a bit isolated here in sling-o-rama land. All I do is sew and answer emails about sizing. My child was flipping out today from lack of stimulation, and usually she's so good.

Dalai_mama - glad to hear your Maya pouch will fit and that things are looking up for you.

My DH is on my last nerve here. I am totally convinced it's pregnancy related. And speaking of nerves, tihs baby is riding on a nerve in my back that causes tingling all the time. Drives me insane. I can't believe I still have 10 weeks to go! And I have gained 42 lbs already!! I just may hit the 170 lb mark for the first time in my life. I was 162 when i delivered my DD and started at 136. This time I started at 125 and am at 167!!! I am almost out of pants that fit.

Ok, I will stop complaining now...
#32 of 43 Old 05-12-2004, 10:33 PM

well i'm still here though stressed and tired! my son is having a recurrent health problem that is really getting on my nerves but what can you do? work is rough but i actually got cancelled for 4 hours yesterday so that was nice. i am so achy in my back and pelvis 'cause this baby has turned posterior and i forgot how my left knee aches when my joints loosen. oh well, it's worth it.
I'm totally not prepared for this baby. i did actually throw a load of baby clothes and diaper in the wash the other day but that is the only thing i've really done for this baby! what i really need to do is finish my son's new room so we can move him into it. of course it would also help if i knew where i was birthing this babe. my birth center closed and we are waiting for some insurance info to determine where we will go now. the really cool thing is I think it will end up being a home birth! how amazing! if i could just get some things done without being so pooped!!
peace,

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
#33 of 43 Old 05-12-2004, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1225
Can you not wash straps?
I did wash them. With bleach and there are still some icky spots. And then I figured, I bought the carseat for Goo, I can blow $13 for new straps for Moo and I know that they aren't weakened by the bleach....

Sigh...

Having lots of pain tonight and Goo is being a PITA and refusing to stay in bed...Sigh....
#34 of 43 Old 05-13-2004, 03:50 AM

I got weighed today and I'm 155. At 19 weeks I was 145, so I've gained ten pounds since that other appointment. I think that is good.. I don't want to not gain enough.... I'll need it with My toddler and the NB hanging off my boobs starting in July. Right now I'm having a snack of cheese and crackers, and *pickles*, of course. For supper tonight I made a chickpea curry with coconut milk, and brown rice
#35 of 43 Old 05-13-2004, 09:31 AM

Quote:
chickpea curry with coconut milk, and brown rice
could you share said recipe? ;-)

Foobar - my old seat is a Graco Snugride from '01. Do you know anything about ordering straps for it? I looked at the straps and they are pretty icky too. I'd like a new cover too. I have that French Bear pattern - lol. I am so over that pattern. I want that black toile one they have out now. Ah, but I digress...what we need and what frivolities we want are two separate things....
#36 of 43 Old 05-13-2004, 09:50 AM

Anyone else with insomnia problems? I want to sleep, but I just can't seem to stay asleep all night. Or get back to sleep after my trips to the bathroom. I get up at about 3 am and just can't get back to sleep until 5-6am. This is fine most of the time, because I can just sleep in late or be lazy, but a pain when I have something planned in the morning (like today I would really like to make it to LLL this morning!) I will be ready for a nap by the time I have to leave! Guess it is time to cancel all obligations and stay home.
It is so weird to not be lumbering around not outgrowing my clothes this time. I guess I still have time to do that, but I am so much smaller this time around! I am not doing really much different, I am busier and my appetite is not as huge, but nothing drastically different. I can't wait to meet this babe and see who it is! With my girls I reached 192 and 200 lbs! I am normally about 127. This time I am weighing in at almost 160, depending on the time of the day.
Anyone else still nursing? Dd2 is still nursing, nothing there for her to drink, but nursing anyway. Well, I am going to see if I can get another hour of sleep before trying to get my butt to LLL Take care everyone!
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#37 of 43 Old 05-13-2004, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1225

Foobar - my old seat is a Graco Snugride from '01. Do you know anything about ordering straps for it? I looked at the straps and they are pretty icky too. I'd like a new cover too. I have that French Bear pattern - lol. I am so over that pattern. I want that black toile one they have out now. Ah, but I digress...what we need and what frivolities we want are two separate things....
Here ya go!
The model number should be on the bottom of the seat as will the date of manufacture. They need both of these to process the order. There is also an 800 number you can call... 800-345-4109 (US)

Good luck! I agree what we NEED and what we WANT are so far apart sometimes....
Graco replacement parts
#38 of 43 Old 05-14-2004, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone - sounds like you ladies are very busy. i'm starting to kick into high gear as well.

Danesmama - I failed my one hour GD test as well and then failed the 3 hr so now i'm on a special diet, which really sucks b/c (though I don't generally eat tons of junk) I was hoping for the freedom to give in to my cravings -- it's all I've got to soothe me. So far the diet is working controlling my sugar levels and i'm hoping i can avoid insulin shots. Good luck on your 3-hr results. From what i hear, most people that fail the screening go on to pass the 3hr just fine.

Childofthemoon - I'm totally having insomnia. Though my head is sleepy, my body is very restless at night even though i've increased my exercise to try to wear myself out. I don't know what it's about but I've just go sooo much energy in my legs! I feel like a hyperactive child!

Anyone else doing major baby shopping on Memorial day weekend? (I'm hoping for those sales!)
#39 of 43 Old 05-14-2004, 04:12 PM

Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well.

Snowbaby - Sorry to hear you failed the 3 hour, but am glad that diet is controlling your sugar levels. Sending you positive vibes in hopes that you don't need insulin! I did go on to pass the three hour test, so I am not on a restricted diet. . . I do wonder if it would be wise for me to limit my sugar intake anyhow. I have another appointment with my OB on the 24th and will ask him then. Unfortunately, I bought a box of chocolates at the grocery store the other day (total impulse purchase) and have been eating way too many of them . That definitely is not limiting my sugar intake .

I too have had wakeful times during the night, but it is not every night. Luckily, it seems like on most of the nights where I hit the pillow exhausted I sleep very soundly. That still doesn't get rid of this feeling of constant tiredness lately. I have to try to give in to my nesting instinct in bursts because I don't have the energy to do it all of the time.

Happy healthy wishes for all of you - and Foobar I'm sending full term delivery date thoughts to you

Michelle - Mom to 3 very wonderful and very active boys   
#40 of 43 Old 05-14-2004, 04:46 PM

I sleep well at night, but I tend to go to bed pretty late (12:00) and then wake up at 8:00 with my little monster . I'm still breastfeeding. My DD is so cute, because now that I have a *little* bit of clear colostrum, she nurses like a little puppy. As in, *really* nurses to try to get it out. She is only 17 months right now, though. I'm definately going to be tandem nursing, and have been reading adventures in tandem nursing to get all the details.

I too wish that everyone is healthy and strong! Eat your greens! And don't eat junk! I know it's hard, but your baby will thank you. I'm a certified chocoholic, so I should take my own advice.

Coconut Curry, by Mamajaza

I don't use recipes, but go by taste, mostly.....
~Garbanzo beans, or lentils (soaked overnight, changed water frequently, and cooked with twice the water for about 2 1/2 hours)helpful hint: don't add any thing to the beans till they are almost cooked...ie. salt....because it causes the outside of the bean to not soften for a lot longer
~Curry powder (which has cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili pepper in it)
~extra cumin
~real sea salt
~coconut milk (from a can)
~garlic (oh, yeah Use FREELY)
~grated fresh ginger
~a little extra hot pepper powder if you need the oomf, but omit for little ones.
Cook down, uncovered, till the coconut milk is not too runny

And cook some brown rice (or white rice with saffron ) on the side.

There, you go! Now I'm going to go heat up some leftovers

ETA: I also put some frozen peas in with the curried stuff, for something vegetable, but carrot go well with curried stuff, as do potatoes, instead of rice. Or you could steam some broccoli, cauliflower, or swiss chard.
#41 of 43 Old 05-15-2004, 08:47 PM

I'm so excited! I just printed
Sunfairy's,
Foobar's,
and Mamjaza's pictures!
Thanks for sharing.
Now I have them to look at while I read the posts.
And, it just dawned on me that lots of moms in our group will deliver before I do. I'm so excited that I'll (hopefully) get to read lots of July delivery stories since I'm not due until the 21st of July.
If any other moms have links to the pics, I'd love to print them, too.
I'm not so computer savy, so I'll have to figure out how to add mine.
Best wishes to everybody!!
#42 of 43 Old 05-15-2004, 09:15 PM

Thanks for the recipe Mamajaza! I copied it down and will try it out this week. I've been on a lentil kick anyway, red lentils, black beluga lentils, yum, yum. As far as I know, lentils do not require soaking, which is why they are a favorite of mine, since my ability to plan in advance waxes and wanes!
I have a fabulous recipe for dahl with tomatoes and fried cheese. It's delicious, but time consuming, though not labor intensive. I'll post it if anyone is interested and energetic.
Michelle~I know what you mean, I love looking at everyones' pictures. If I could get dh to take a relatively decent one of me I'll post it too!
#43 of 43 Old 05-15-2004, 09:29 PM

oops I just realized its the 15th...better go check for a new thread...

~mama to some wonderful kids

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page