July mamas May 15th-30 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 05-27-2004, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Michelle-

When I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago, we had Moo on the monitors. Her heart rate would drop to the 120s when she was resting and then go up to the 140s when she was awake and to the 160s when she was moving. It was reeally neat to watch it jump around. Perhaps you caught your little one napping.
We were monitored for a couple of hours and no one thought the drops in the heartrate were a problem.

You are measuring a little behind, but not terrible. I wouldn't worry. I am always about 1/2 week behind what the dates say. You look to be about 3 weeks behind. The measurements are based on averages anyway....

I am anemic. It is affecting me, so I take iron suppliments. I am also not gaining as much as I did with Goo, and my doc thinks that is fine. Some people plateau.
#62 of 69 Old 05-27-2004, 09:24 PM

Baby's been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead for some time now although my fundal height has been measuring right on time. I wonder if that means it will arrive early.

What beautiful names everyone has chosen ... to the paranoid: don't worry - not threat here as DH and have finally settled on our names. So many people select really common names and, although there is nothing wrong with that, I just think it's awesome when someone has a unique (but pretty and respectable name).

On another note, I start my insulin shots tonite (diabetes) and am a bit anxious about it. Still have insomnia but have a lot of energy in the day time and am hoping to finally get lots of baby preparation done next week. My (surprise) baby shower is on Saturday so I'll be able to assess what I'm still missing!

Anyone else had their shower/ blessing yet? How'd it go?
#63 of 69 Old 05-27-2004, 10:07 PM

This baby's heartrate has ranged from 120-156, usually around 130-140. I am measuring 33cm at 33wks, so it sounds I'm right on schedule.

I was weighed when I preregistered at our backup hospital, and I was 190! I hit 200 with ds, but I also weighed more when I got pregnant with him. And I feel so much smaller this time, so it's weird to think that I've actually gained more weight than with ds. All my maternity clothes from last time are too big. I think maybe it's just because this baby is just so much lower and situated differently.
#64 of 69 Old 05-28-2004, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Anyone else had their shower/ blessing yet?
no

i only really wanted two people to come ~ two really close friends i've known for a lot of years...

but one hasn't even acknowledged my invitation (i know he's busy but he could at least RSVP, kwim??) and the other is having life crises right now and can't make it down.

i might pull together some family or something and just have a lemonade party.

i'm really sad the blessingway won't be happening the way i wanted though. this is the last time i'll ever get this chance and i was really hoping everything would be perfect.

** sitting on my pity pot for a few more minutes...

ok. done.
#65 of 69 Old 05-30-2004, 08:50 PM

Hi Mommas!

I just caught up on this thread. klothos, sorry to hear about the shower thing not working out. I've just moved and don't really know anyone so probably won't have anything like that either.

I need a midwife! It's proving to be a bit of a challenge....as homebirth is not covered by the insurance policy (which we don't even have yet) and I just found out how expensive it is to pay for midwifery out of pocket (though still way less than doctors, of course). It's kind of been said before, but privatized health care SUCKS.
They took a staggering amount off dh's first paycheck for health insurance...I thought it was a 'benefit'? And that was just for one person! How can people afford it??? So much for any advantage we thought we would have in earning 'American $$$'. It would be more affordable to rent a private helicopter to fly us to Canada if one of us needs medical treatment. Seriously.

Ranting and raving....it's really hot and I feel like a big ol' beached whale.

Baby has been really active and I keep feeling all little sharp pokie body parts but can't seem to figure out what they are.

I just added a new belly pic a couple days ago, too... I feel huge and don't know how two more months of this is going to work!

Take good care, mommas!

#66 of 69 Old 05-30-2004, 09:17 PM

Quote:
privatized health care SUCKS.
s i'm sorry you're going through that.

i might be losing my health insurance too ~ we have MediCal right now, but in order for us to keep getting it they want us to present proof that we don't have the insurance that we've never had. i told them, "we don't have that," and they said, "we need proof of that," and i said, "HOW? we've NEVER had it," and they told us that's *our* problem, not *theirs*.

and they lost a bunch of paperwork we already presented to them, so we don't have it, and they want it, and i don't know how we're going to get duplicates of all that crap... stuff like closed bank accounts (that were closed years ago) and termination papers from my SO's work (that he hasn't been working at for over a year)... it's so stupid and crappy.
#67 of 69 Old 05-30-2004, 09:26 PM

I know, Health Insurance sucks. We pay a staggering amount every month since my job has the bennies and I only work part time, so they only pay 50%. Still less than what we would pay if we didn't go through my employer. Another teacher used to tease me about "working for the benefits". And here we still spend a small fortune on all the alternative remedies that keep us from needing to use the HMO. . .
Snowy Owl~ what a beautiful belly! You still have a belly button! Mine is in the process of popping out and it is not comfortable!
Well, must run, dh will be slightly put out if he catches me here right now when I'm making dinner for a sick friend. :LOL
#68 of 69 Old 05-30-2004, 09:32 PM

Wow, I must have great insurance. I never see any bills for things. I know that when Goo was born we didn't see the bill at all. There's no co-pay for pre-natal visits.

I'm sorry, Klothos, about your shower/blessingway.
DH and the kids are Jewish, so no showers for me! We will do a Brit Bat for Moo once she is born...
#69 of 69 Old 06-01-2004, 12:15 PM

Our co-pays aren't bad (though they have gone up) and we paid nothing when ds was born, but I think we have a chunk as a co-pay if admitted to hospital, so but I am hoping I've misread. What we pay is to keep the Health insurance it comes out of my check before taxes, but it's a lot, though it wouldn't be if I were full time.
How is everyone?
I'm grouchy and irritated at dh for complaining about how tired HE is. . . puleeeze. . .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page