July Mommas June 15- July 1!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 80 Old 06-15-2004, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow.. I was going to post in the other thread but couldn't resist starting the one that finally says "JULY!"

SO last night I lost my "plug" I think.. after all day of mucusy discharge it happened around 9. SO I called my mom (lol) and she told me to call my midwife. I felt so dumb, but she said it sounded pretty normal.. The baby is still moving lots ect. so shes going to do an internal on thursday, and we will see whats going on in there LOL

this morning I woke up in a very damp bed and I was freaking out then I realized it was sweat HAHAHA.. thats the last time I let DH turn down the AC!

Ok so I am going into parinoid stage! I think most practitioners expect this.. right??

Oh well I will post on Thursday after my appt. everything should be fine (as usual) and then I can just start freaking out about other things, like packing, and moving, and working lol

I am so excited I start my Mat. Leave on Sunday for a WHOLE YEAR! whoo! and I will get paid slightly more than I would normally get

anyways I gotta go..

Thanks for listening!
#2 of 80 Old 06-15-2004, 12:05 PM

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a thread with the word July in it!! It could not be June 15 already could it? Sure enough it is. I have about 2 weeks left until edd and have soooo much left to do. Diapers are STILL in the box they were delivered in...to be washed and put away somewhere. I have no place to put them yet. I'm dying to get the baby toiletries stocked up, I have to clean my garage, basement, pull weeds, have the gutters cleaned and shingles power washed.... AHHH!!

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#3 of 80 Old 06-15-2004, 04:22 PM

I had my prenatal appt. today with my MW. Im 37 weeks today. We did the strep B test so Im hoping for the best. I was + with my first but - with the next two. Ive had some swelling in my feet which means Im doing too much but I still have some things to get done. She will be coming agian next Tuesday.

Yesterday I was having such bad stabbing pain in my cervix and some discharge (not bloody) that I thought I would ask her to check me today (she does not do internals unless their is a reason) but today I felt much better today so I really didnt feel like it was necessary. Its days like today that make me feel like I can go another 3 weeks like this but days like yesterday that made me feel like I was going to in to labor in the middle night. Now that I think about it I was having these strong braxton hicks all night up until a while after I got up in the morning.

take care all

Michelle edd 7/7 #4
#4 of 80 Old 06-15-2004, 05:09 PM

Wow, July...getting there finally!

I'm just waiting around to see if anything is going to happen. I still haven't ordered all the diapers ~ hopefully this week. I've gotten out everything else we put into storage, though, and it's all clean and ready to go. I've even gotten my bag packed for the hospital.

I start my weekly visits on Thursday at 37 1/2 weeks ~ what a change from last time when I was going twice a week from 28 weeks on! I've had some intense braxton-hicks but will likely not have any noticeable progress...oh well, I do have a couple weeks to go. I'm just getting impatient. And really uncomfortable. Sometimes I swear I have a lot of pressure for someone not in labor.

Teaching wife & mama knit.gif  to my not so little ones - DS (10) drum.gif and DD (8) dust.gif

#5 of 80 Old 06-15-2004, 11:29 PM

whoot!!! july!!!

I had my prenatal today~I love home visits
33.4 wks
measuring at 36cm
wt- 151 : (thats a 6 lb gain in 2 wks!)
baby's hr 148
bp- 102/48

so far so good, midwife thinks I'll go a lil early..we shall see.. dh thinks baby will be born on his birthday..the 16th...

I have been having mild contractions, usually at night, a lot of pressure...I get my strep test next visit...maybe she'll check to see if I'm thinning out..

so excited and oh..my baby shower is on saturday! I have been holding off on a lot of the purchases til after the shower..!

~mama to some wonderful kids
#6 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 10:46 AM

I'm going to say this, but hope it doesn't jinx anyone.... I'm so glad that none of us has had our babies yet. We are all going to have big strong babies born in the right time. But I am getting excited about getting it over with and reading all of your stories.

I am running out of room in my belly! The baby is pressing on my ribs and internal organs. yikes, it's uncomfortable. But I want this baby to stay in here as long as he/she needs to. I'm expecting to go past my due date, which is july 3rd, 2 weeks away!!

I never get up this early... 6:30. My DD is still sleeping:LOL I'm into major nesting mode. I've finally gotten the changetable and cradle from my SIL. She's lending me the furniture. The cradle is soooo cute though, it just makes me want to make it all cozy, but I imagine that I won't even use it, but it's fun to have a "nest" to put my babe.

Anyways, sounds like everyone is coming along nicely. Good luck with your births!
#7 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 12:51 PM

Sunfairy-the 16th is a great day for a baby! It is my birthday too! AND my due date

I am feeling well. 35w5d today. It is so hot here now. Not been in the mood to go for my walks, have not been able to get up and out of bed early enough to beat the heat. It was over 90 by 8 am! Our last two summers were pretty mild compared to the usual, so I think we are in for a HOT one. Thank goodness I will have the baby out soon and will not have to be pregnant through the whole summer like with my two September babies. Next week my midwife should be dropping off a fishy pool to borrow. Almost time to start washing up dipes and clothes. Been sleeping better lately, but still peeing a lot at night. (every two hours!) I measured myself only a week behind this time. If I measre right down the middle, I measure short, but if I measure to the side where the butt is clear up to my ribs then I measure just fine. Wonder if that is why the midwife got such a short measurement that one time. My uterus seems to be very deep. All well, all is fine!
Time to get on with my day.
Thinking of you all and your babes!
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#8 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 01:53 PM

Hey all!

I just got back from the doctor. I am in prodormal labor, which is the phase where the cervix starts to dilate to 3-4 cm. I am 2 cm dilated (less than 1 last week). I have been having regular contractions every 8-10 minutes for the past 2-3 DAYS. I am going insane. They are not intense enough to move me into active labor yet. Sigh.

Please don't flame me, but I got the membranes stripped today. I can't take the days of contractions (I've been contracting for 4.5 weeks now) and I am not sleeping well because of them. I swear, I'll sleep better when she arrives and wakes me at night...

Basically, every thing is ready. We have the carseat installed in my car (still need to put the base in DH's car, but that's easy.) and her room is all ready, the baby bjorn is washed and ready... All set here!
#9 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 01:57 PM

aww...little moo will be our first

I read my yahoo horoscope, it said "July 23 will be a showstopper, and you'll be the star"

hmm...

#10 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 03:06 PM

Foobar ~ Hope everything goes well and Moo makes her appearance soon. I can only imagine how hard all of this must have been, but you'll soon have here in your arms.

Teaching wife & mama knit.gif  to my not so little ones - DS (10) drum.gif and DD (8) dust.gif

#11 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 03:45 PM

Foobar! yay! Keep us up dated and I hope that you are more comfortable soon!
#12 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 06:15 PM

Sigh, unfortunately, prodromal labor can last for WEEKS. I am hoping things pick up again...the contrax stopped earlier today and just started up again. It was weird to go a few hours without them!
#13 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 06:19 PM

relax...visualize your cervix opening more and more with each irregular ctx....read ina mays guide to childbirth....

lol just my .02 ....wishing you all the best mama

#14 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mamajaza*
I'm going to say this, but hope it doesn't jinx anyone.... I'm so glad that none of us has had our babies yet. We are all going to have big strong babies born in the right time. But I am getting excited about getting it over with and reading all of your stories.

I feel the same way. At night when I have the intense braxton hicks and cervical pain I cant think of going another 3 weeks but in the day time I feel like I can go the extra time.

Im kind of glad I have not had the baby yet for some reason Im still not mentally ready. I seem to feel that way closer to my edd it has been like that with all of my kids. I already have 3 so you would think I would be ready.

Michelle

edd 7/7 #4
#15 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=Foobar]

Please don't flame me, but I got the membranes stripped today. I can't take the days of contractions (I've been contracting for 4.5 weeks now) and I am not sleeping well because of them. I swear, I'll sleep better when she arrives and wakes me at night...

[QUOTE]

No flames from me here. I had prodromal labor with my first for a week and it was not fun. It would happen at night and I used to sleep after 7 am. Hope you feel better soon.

Michelle
#16 of 80 Old 06-16-2004, 08:32 PM

Sunfairy-

I do that visualzation! I actually feel everything moving slightly. When I get a tough contrax, I say an "aaaaaaah" sound on the out breath. This is what we practiced in yoga to open up the cervix... It make me relax through the contrax too!

Thanks for the suggestion!!!
#17 of 80 Old 06-18-2004, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

So My appt. went really well. I am measuring at 35 weeks which is fine, baby appears to be head down, heartbeat is ok. The only thing is I've gained too much weight in the past couple of weeks.. So I've gotta work on that.

I've signed up for a breastfeeding class.. I'm starting to pack my bag just in case.

Two more days of work then I get to stay HOME!

So many things I need to do.. *sigh* moving is very stressful!
#18 of 80 Old 06-18-2004, 11:07 AM

Just started my weekly visits yesterday and nothing to report. Measuring fine, doc is guessing she's going to be about 8 lbs at term {I'm not putting too much faith into a guess, though}, dilated a fingertip. I think I've started losing my mucous plug, though. Of course, I lost that three weeks before they induced me with ds, lol. Just waiting. Lots of contractions, getting stronger, but not regular in the slightest. Fine with me, though. While I'm getting really uncomfortable, I wouldn't mind waiting another week or so {I'm just about 38 weeks}. At least I finally ordered diapers!!

Heat index of 105 today...I'm off to fill up ds's wading pool.

#19 of 80 Old 06-18-2004, 11:55 AM

Hi everyone

I'll be 38 weeks tomarrow and am definitely feeling that way!! I saw my mw yesterday....measured 40 cm, gained 2 lbs in a week . I have been suffering very much with terrible hemorrhoids the past 2 weeks or so and my natural remedies were not doing the trick. I simply could not walk or sit anymore...and I can not stay in bed all day with dd to play with. I was literally in tears both Tues and Wed night this week. Anyway, my mw gave me some medicine and actually treated me in her office for the first time yesterday. WOW...I feel soooo much better already!!! Thank goodness, I can now face the next few weeks.

My mw feels that this baby will be bigger than dd (8lbs9oz)...I agree based on how I am feeling and how I am carrying...only time will tell. I have felt a definite increase in bh past few days. The biggest change is I now feel the contraction reaching way down into my pelivs. I am so excited to go into labor spontaneously as with dd I was induced :

Hope you all are feeling well

Jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#20 of 80 Old 06-18-2004, 01:22 PM

I'm on complete bedrest now. I went to the doctor yesterday to drop off soem papers and I wasn't feeling well. I asked for my bp to be checked and it was 134/94. They wanted to check my urine and had me come back twhen my ob was back from lunch. I had protein in my urine and my bp was even higher. They made me lie down for about 45 minutes and it went down. So now i'm on bedrest. I can only get up to eat and go to the bathroom. My cervix was completely closed so I'm not a great candidate for an induction. We are try to avoid a c-section so this is best. I'm 37 weeks right now so I know there isn't much more time left.

I hope everyone elso is doing well. I can't wait to hear about our new babies.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#21 of 80 Old 06-18-2004, 02:00 PM

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow too. I'm not too uncomfortable (the joys of being tall and living in Canada:LOL) Not feeling any definative contractions, but I get tired a lot more. I read that this is the time when the baby takes the "life force" out of you, to survive outside of the womb (according to Ayurveda). I can definately feel that!

Have to go feed my "baby"...
#22 of 80 Old 06-18-2004, 09:20 PM

I am 34 weeks tomorrow and feeling pretty good. I've started having Braxton-Hicks (and a few of them have hurt, just to help me remeber what's in store :LOL !) I am paranoid about the bhx, since my ds was born at 34w5d. If I can just get past next Thursday, I think I'll relax. My NP/CNM has been doing internals since 32 weeks and I hate them b/c I can't help but think they'll stir something up, but if I want to avoid being shoved to an OB at kaiser, this is my only option. She promises that next week's will be the last time I have to take my pants off, unless I want to. My urine and b/p are fine, but I also gained 6 lbs in the last 2 weeks! Luckily my NP/CNM could care less about my weight!! (How does that happen??) I have to do the GBS next week, I was negative last time, so hope to be this time too, as it doesn't seem like I can refuse the test, though I can refuse the antibiotics in labor, if it becomes an issue.
I am fighting a yeast infection, and trying to use Boric Acid. the only Boric Acid I found has calendula and Oregon Grape root added. I can't find info on Oregon Grape root, but since it has similar properties to Goldenseal, I'm following those dosage guidelines (no more than one "00" Capsule, as a suppository, in a 24 hour period)from one of my Herbal pregnancy books (can't remeber if it's Weed or Gardner). If anyone knows anymore, I'd love to hear about it!

Have my Baby Blessing today and I am so excited!

I am so ready to read birth stories! I log on everytime wondering if there will be one!!!
#23 of 80 Old 06-18-2004, 11:49 PM

Hey Dalai Mama! I just realized that your ds and I share a birthday!

I just read through all the posts and I am REALLY excited to start seeing some babies born around here! Doesn't it seem like yesterday that we all started posting here? I guess this one has really flew by for me. I want birth stories!!

I have noticed that I am not as anxious to get this baby out as I was with #1. This is probably a good thing. I have so much more respect for the natural process this time. And I am looking forward to spontaneous labor too! My water was broken with DD for a day and a half before I had to be put on pit to get cntrx going (debatable, yes). I have no fear this time because I really trust my body, the baby and my midwife.

But I sure will be glad to be able to pick up toys at a quicker rate again! Bending down, getting off the floor, cutting fabric, getting in and out of the car...all very difficult these days.
#24 of 80 Old 06-19-2004, 11:21 PM

Hello all. I have not posted for a few months. Man, is anyone else just WAY hormonal and testy? I always get this way when I'm pregnant...but it seems so much worse wtih this pregnancy....and especially towards the end when I am SOOOOOOO tired!!! I am getting really anxious to meet this baby and begin life again! I think this baby is going to be smaller than my last (who was 9 lbs)....I'm guessing in the low 8 lb range. I have been nesting in MAJOR sorts of ways....we've rearranged furniture in every single room of the house and I've organized and reorganized bascially every room/closet/cupboard/shelf/etc in the house. My house has also been cleaner than I think I have every kept it in my whole life. Maybe it's a bit of nervous energy....my last birth was a bit traumatic for me (very painful and long....big baby with hand by her head and me working against my body) and so I am anxious about this labor and birth. I know things will go well and healthy....but I also know that a lot of how it goes as far as length and pain is up to me and how well I choose to work with my body and listen to my body and prompt those around me to help me take care of my needs. In my last birth I totally gave myself permission to COMPLAIN the WHOLE time....it was not the right move for me....it was awful. But I have to admit that I am a bit afraid of NOT complaining.....I just sort of have this feeling that I want people to know how much it hurts, etc....which is of course a selfish feeling and totally self-deafeting since it causes me to tense up and fight what my body knows how to do. Phew...thanks for letting me get that off my chest! I think what I may do is make sure my dh knows I am feeling this way so that he will know/assume that even though I am not complaining I am indeed in some pain, etc. ....hopefully that will make it a lot faster and less painful (like my wonderful second birth....) ANYWAY...happy birthing to you all! I also can't wait so start reading birth stories!

Heidi : Married for 15 years, expecting our 8th baby in July!

#25 of 80 Old 06-19-2004, 11:44 PM

hi i just found this thread.

technically i'm due july 10th but i really think (feel? hope? want to believe? :LOL) she'll come a little sooner.

i had a dr's appointment on the 11th and i was already dilated to almost 3 cm., and she's head down and "very low." (like i needed a dr to tell me that :LOL) i've been having hugs on and off since early in the morning (about 2 or 3 AM) on the 11th. i started having regular hugs that turned to very intense rushes a day or two after that... but then they ended up slowing down and stopping. talk about disappointment.

i'm pretty sure i lost my mucous plug... i lost *something* :LOL

but my hugs aren't regular at all. they start getting regular... then slow down and stop. they got very intense a couple of days ago again... then stopped. :: sigh :: (and DON'T tell me to visualize, ok? i've been visualizing my ass off, and walking, and sex, and tweaking my nipples every chance i get ~ which, might i add, has now caused them to become squirt guns ~ and it DOESN'T AFFECT THE HUGS AT ALL.)

i have no idea when this little sprite is going to come. i'm trying not to get impatient but it's still frustrating.

i tried to check my dilation the other night (after a whole day of 15-minute-apart hugs).... but couldn't find my cervix! i had felt it the other day but it's like it's moved ~ has anyone else experienced this?
#26 of 80 Old 06-20-2004, 12:06 AM

Hugs... I like that annalegy(sp?) You can find your cervix, just look in the front and the back. Can you feel the baby's head through the vaginal wall? I sure can.

When I get up from a nap, I feel like the head is squished between my muscles in there. Lots of stretching and pulling going on for me, but no contractions (hugs). Maybe the baby will just fall out of me:
#27 of 80 Old 06-20-2004, 12:08 AM

Quote:
i'm pretty sure i lost my mucous plug... i lost *something*
Well we know it wasn't your virginity.
I have yet to have the experience of waiting and waiting, it sounds tough. Just remember that this baby will not still be in there when s/he's 5. :LOL

I had my Baby Blessing today and it was phenomenal. My friends made a birth altar, braided my hair with lavender flowers, washed my feet in lavender & rose water (washing away fears) and powdered them with cornmeal (to ground me), and made a belly cast. The cast is gorgeous, though I think it looks way smaller than I actually do! Each friend brought a special piece of fabric to add to the final layer, so it has a beautiful meaning. At the end we wove a web of string bracelets (organic, hand dyed cotton yard in rainbow colors!) which everyone will try to wear until baby is born.
This is so different from the level of support I had with ds, it can't help but positively impact the labor, birth, and post partum period for the whole family. I'm so blessed.
Hope everyone is finding the love and support they desire right now!
#28 of 80 Old 06-21-2004, 12:26 AM

I'm 36 weeks today!! This feels like the first BABY milestone. For me, all of the others up to this point have been pregnancy milestones. 36 weeks means that if labor started today, Lila would be just fine.

But I'm not ready yet. Our house is a wreck. And just in the last week, I've started feeling huge. I feel like I LUMBER now. That sitting to standing transition is just NOT fun.

Jen ~ Aren't hemorrhoids just the worst?? I had them with ds, too. When I was with my CNM, I asked her for the 2% hydrocortisone suppositories. But I didn't know the brand name and she hadn't heard of them. So she just prescribed a cream. It works OK, but the tiny tubes are annoying. And I only have enough left to last this month. I'm with a CPM now, so I don't know how I'll get prescription stuff.
#29 of 80 Old 06-21-2004, 08:59 AM

Ebethmom ~ I felt so confident that I was ready if the baby decided she wanted to come a bit early, but every day that passes I'm finding more and more things that need to get done, LOL.

I've got a wicked case of hemorroids and am getting something from my OB this week to alleviate it as much as possible before birth. I've tried stitz baths, pads, everything and nothing works.

I spent the better part of Saturday convinced I was in early labor. I'd lost part of my mucous plug Thursday night and spent most of Saturday with contractions that were fairly regular, albeit far apart. Luckily {or unluckily depending on one's POV} they tapered off. Since then I've felt great with a ton more energy than I had and, much to dh's relief, a much better mood. I may actually have the energy to take ds to playgroup today.

#30 of 80 Old 06-21-2004, 12:04 PM

Hello ladies
Feeling good, I will be 37 weeks on Friday. I am beginning to feel like it could be any time now, even though it is likely to be a couple weeks. I have been having lots of contractions which is very new for me. I had no braxton hicks with my first dd, and maybe a few with my second dd. With this one they are coming pretty regular. It makes me curious to see if anything is progressing from them or if they are truly practice ones. I can't seem to locate my cervix myself though. I might see my midwife this week and am debating on whether I am curious enough to ask her to check me or if I will just let things happen like last time. I am so much more anxious this time. I was much more laid back with my last dd. I am still really active, but definately lumber when I am tired! I had my first swelling of my feet after taking a long car trip this weekend. No more of those for me! Feeling like staying close to home and preparing my nest
I can't wait to start hearing birth stories!
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page