week of July 7-14th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2004, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I won't be dodging the induction bullet this time. I went in for my checkup today. I've gained 4 lbs. in 5 days, have had protein in my urine for 3 weeks, my bp was up again and have had more preeclampsia symptoms. She was hoping last week that I would go into labor but I have made no change in my cervix even though i've been having millions of contractions. My last induction took 9 hours(almost 3 of them pushing) but was started at just a fingertip dilated. I'm 3cm and 80% effaced so hopefully this one will be quick. I'm waiting for the hospital to call me because they were full earlier but it will be tonight or tomorrow that i'm induced.

I'm trying not to be really upset. My ob this time is so much different than the last. It's still hard knowing that I'll never get a normal labor experience.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2004, 07:42 PM

good luck williamsmommy2002. Sorry about the induction but at least you will get to see your baby soon and hopefully you will also feel better too!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:09 AM

:P

BOO! I finally saved up enouh paypal for a nice pretty *hotsling* and I totally forgot that Kristen is on mat leave! It kinda hit me like DUH when I went to the website to make my order, she is in my DUE DATE CLUB lol.

Anyways maybe she can put some more larges in stock if she gets that bored nesting feeling I've been hearing that is going around lol *hint hint nudge nudge*

BOO! I got a new washer and dryer and the washer is leaking oil all over my floor! Hopefully they will replace it!

BOO! DH's dad broke our only working fan, so now we don't have A/C or a fan!

BOO! My mom brought me a box of Krispy Kremes, (still pretty new and exciting here in Canada) and I am finding them hard to resist. She also brough me a boppy that she made for me and some nursing pads and more stuff on the Homebirth need list.

AH I had a stressful day but everything worked out in the end but still I spent so much energy being upset today! I want to buy something to make me feel better, but most of my stress is financial so that WONT work! Let's just say my bank is crazy, my landlord is crazy, the phone company is crazy, and my former place of employment is crazy and they are all trying to drive me crazy by making me think I am BROKE.

Feels better to write all this crap out for you all to read

now let me concentrate on the good things!

Ah the babies room is now painted.. seems a shame he will have to sleep in our boring room anyways LOL, oh well I'm sure he will appreciate the effort all the same!

I am going to have a nice shower and read some more of my book (what dreams may come) and then sleep sleep sleep.

I am definately a lot more prepared today than I was yesterday for the baby.

I have lots of fluff that cheers me up

I have at least two packages in the mail

My BABY will be here soon

life is good..

Have a good night everyone! Sweet dreams!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:17 AM

s sorry for all the "boo" stuff.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:36 AM

wolfmom-I could have written your post exactly!

williamsmommy2002-I am sorry about the induction and how you are feeling. But you will be holding your sweet baby soon!! Thinking of you.........

biruka-

I am hanging in there, really did not think I would still be pregnant at this point. But, baby will come when ready, right!? I am running out of things to do. I am making a quilt for my mom, but I can only sit for so long at the sewing machine. I have had some nice time to myself thanks to dh being home for the week. I have started taking my walks in the evening instead of in the morning and it has helped with sleeping better at night. Starting to get *those* calls, and my mom has been taking bets for the day the baby will come. Trying to ignore it all and just enjoy my time (as anxious as I am to meet this wee one!)
Take care all,
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Old 07-13-2004, 11:41 AM

Well, I'm wondering if today will be the today. Started having mild contractions last night around 7pm, very short, 10+ minutes apart. Tried to sleep last night - it was peaceful and relaxing but not much actual sleep.

Contractions are now 3-5 minutes apart, but still very short (20 secs or so), and fairly mild. So either this will just peter out and I'll go on waiting, or I'll be having a baby in the next day or two. We shall see.

Called my mom, and of course, she's asleep. She swore she'd put the phone in her bedroom, which I'm sure she did, but it's not waking her up. She sleeps like the dead. Makes me want to have this baby NOW just to teach her a lesson! Just kidding - what I really want is her to wake up, buy some croissants, and come over and entertain ds so we can get the birth tub set up.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:43 AM

Sending you gentle and joyful birthing vibes oceanbaby!!!!!!!!

Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

Old 07-13-2004, 12:31 PM

ChildoftheMoon and Oceanbaby I hope things are happening for both of you really soon!

Bikruca I hope all the boos are gone today and replaces with yays!

I hope everyone else has a wonderful day too!

We got rain last night the ground is all wet and the air is all damp. Everything smells.... ahhh
Old 07-13-2004, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

I am not one to complain about pregnancy..especially since it took us so long to conceive this beautiful little life inside me. I have *hopefully* not uttered one whine or moan about it. People ask me how heavy I must feel or how tired of being pregnant I must be, and I always tell them what a great preg this is, and how everything is wonderful....and it is. we are so grateful.

I am 37.5 weeks

and I really just needed a reality check because I am having those thoughts about wanting the baby to come soon, like sometime this week..and I know he's better off inside, so I feel really guilty.....thinking of taking long power walks around the mall, or drinking senna tea or the cohosh..and its just too early for that. I wish I could make those thoughts go away.

My breasts feel so full and hard and sensitive this last week...almost felt like a let down a few times, but no milk...

for all the contractions I had around 7 and 8 months pregnant...now it seems baby has decided to stay put. It was 115 degrees yesterday and humid.

~mama to some wonderful kids
Old 07-13-2004, 04:56 PM

Well geez, I don't know what's going on. Contrax were 3 mins apart for a good 4 hours or so, and now seem to have spaced out again. Still consistent, maybe 8-10 minutes apart. I didn't have any of this back and forth with ds, so I really don't know what to expect.

My midwife will be here at 2:30 for our previously scheduled appointment, so we'll see how things are going then.

Thanks for all your good labor vibes - I need them!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:56 PM

~~~~~~~~~~ good vibes ~~~~~~~~~~

i know how frustrating it is to be sure that it's IT and have them just slow down and stop.

that's been going on w/ me for weeks. this little sprite is taking her time.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:37 PM

I have to be induced tonight due to high blood pressure. I'd appreciate any thoughts or prayers you all want to send my way. Don't know what else to say about it because I am more than a little nervous...
Old 07-13-2004, 10:54 PM

happay and oceanbaby~~thinking of you !

I'm trying not to gte really upset with my mom (well actually, I am really upset with her, but am trying to calm down a bit). She's a special education consultant in a school cooperative that starts school Aug 9. She's now hedging about coming out b/c she "really wants to start the school year on time."
I can't describe how hurt I am. Granted, I am waaaay hormonal right now, but it seems like something or someone else has come first my whole life. (My mom could easily be classified as a workaholic). But, come on, how could she even consider not coming out for her 2nd grandchild's newborn days?! We've got no other family who would be suitable help, so I'm feeling pretty hurt right now, though we are so fortunate to have a close group of AP families who will help us out. I'm hoping I misread or misinterepreted her e-mail, but right now I am so hurt I feel like saying, "Fine, please don't bother coming out, we'd rather the $$ spent on a plane ticket be given to help towards take out meals and a housecleaner." She's saying she may come out for a week in late October.
She once advised me to take ds to his childcare when he was sick, b/c I shouldn't miss the day of work and he was miserable anyway, it wouldn't matter if he was miserable with someone else. (I didn't do it!) It made me really sorry for myself to know that's how she parented.

Plus, ds has been ultra demanding and mean to me (lots of hitting, etc) and I'm out of the energy I need to figure out what he needs, though I know he's nervous about the upcoming birth and acting all that out.

Okay I think I'm done with my hormonally inspired pity party. Though did I mention that our computer is kooky and I can't laod the software for the digital camera AND dh is just not "nesting" to my tastes.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:01 PM

It sounds like lots of people in our group need hugs!!

I hope that all the moms who've delivered are well! and all the mom's who are delivering are well! and all the mom's who are about to deliver are well!

I suddenly had this feeling of urgency today--like I need to get really, really ready. I think I am ready. Maybe I need to go over my list again. The master bath (where I plan to deliver) is all clean again & all the "stuff" is there. So, I ought to be ready.

I think something inside me is stirring--like this is going to be soon--maybe before the 21st. Dd came at 39 wks 4 days. If this baby comes at 39 wks 4 days, that will be on the Sunday, the 18th. A lady at my psychic awareness class last Wed. said that she felt like the baby would come on the 17th, which is the new moon. Another lady felt like the baby would come later. We'll see. I'm so curious to know. It really wouldn't take the fun away. I swear.

Tonight I'm talking to one of my mentors, which I'm so happy about! He'll get me tuned up & ready ready.

Take care everybody!!
Old 07-14-2004, 07:14 PM

Love your photos, the_dalai_mama!
7/31/04 belly
Old 07-14-2004, 07:14 PM

Good luck birthing mommas!! ANd right before I go into labour, I feel a definate "stirring" of energies... like angels are appearing on the scene.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:12 PM

started up the new weekly thread

here

Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

User Tag List