Contractions, contractions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-19-2004, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is anyone else becoming *highly* annoyed with tons of contractions that do nothing? These are not BH contractions -- they hurt. They keep me up at night, and then go away in the morning.

I had a week of prodromal labor with #1, and was really hoping to avoid it this time. Sigh.
#2 of 6 Old 07-19-2004, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having a lot of contractions, but I figure anything that is happening now is making my birthing labor shorter so it's okay with me!

Can you get any rest during the day? Are you staying plenty hydrated?
#3 of 6 Old 07-19-2004, 05:41 PM

Same here. It seems to get worse around dinner time and then just stop. And I have to pee about 100 times a day. I am thinking that once labor gets underway, he's just going to fall out...
#4 of 6 Old 07-19-2004, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My issue was that with #1, the week of prodromal labor seemed to have done a lot of work. My water broke, and he was born within six hours. It made the labor SO fast and furious that I was completely out of my mind with pain and got no breaks whatsoever between contractions. I'm afraid that's going to happen again.
#5 of 6 Old 07-19-2004, 09:05 PM

I've been having contractions for what seems like forever now. Definitely getting annoyed with them! This thread got me thinking though. With dd1 I never had ANY braxton hicks contractions or any discomfort at all. I was induced with her at almost 42 weeks and it was 14 hours of hard labor plus 3 hours of pushing! It was awful!! With dd2 I had a bunch of contractions and had a very easy labor at almost 41 weeks that was pain free and one push. I never was very uncomfortable during my pregnancy and her labor was only 6 hours long. With this one, I'm very uncomfortable, he's very low, and I have tons of contractions. So I'm hoping that this labor will be shorter than 6 hours and great (and soon)!!!

Wishfull thinking??!!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#6 of 6 Old 07-22-2004, 01:05 PM

I get them all the time too- but I had a check yesterday and I'm 3cm and 70% effaced, so maybe they are just going to make my labor easier...like I won't have as far to go once the 'real' ones set in...

my mentality will be each contraction brings me a little closer to my sweet little boy otherwise I think I'd be miserable

aww reader- I hope you have a gentler birth this time round

~mama to some wonderful kids

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page