So, we've passed mid-month... who's left and how are you doing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-19-2004, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just thought it would be fun to get a roll call.

I'm T minus 9-11 days (depending whose due date we are using).

Baby has slowed way down which scares me a little, but I just got to do a really good kick count and she performed well.

We HAVE everything I need to take to the hospital, but it's not packed yet because I can't get to all of it because the house is still torn apart post flood.

Our house is still a mess and I'm how shall we say LIVID (I'd like to use stronger language, but I don't want to get banned) with the flooring contractor. They told me they'd be redoing the floors upstairs EARLY this week. Now he says he's not coming until Thursday. I have one coming home outfit washed for the baby and that is IT (I bought it recently so it wasn't trapped in her room). I can't get to anything in her room until the carpets are back in place, the baseboards are in and painted and the carpet has been cleaned and inspected because the contents of our walk-in closet are in her room. There is also no place for her or me to sleep/rest and the bathrooms are all torn up. With the house in its current state so I can't bring her home. My hope was to at least have the upstairs settled so that I could create a little cocoon (not ideal since it is HOT upstairs, but I could make it work). I'd also love to have a little rest before baby arrives.

I've set up to have my mom and my best friend come on Friday to help me put the upstairs back together and there is no way it will be done.

I called the general contractor in tears this afternoon when I found out, but he hasn't returned my call.
#2 of 23 Old 07-20-2004, 01:14 AM

i'm 41 weeks and 2 days and still quite pregnant... hot, big, and uncomfortable... baby is still very active. she goes through some days when she seems a bit sleepier than usual, then she goes right back to normal (thank the gods!).

i can't wait for the baby to come! i'm getting so impatient.

i've started considering castor oil... but i know that it won't do anything except make me poopy if the baby isn't ready to come, yk?

:: sigh ::
#3 of 23 Old 07-20-2004, 09:37 AM

I'm still pregnant, due 7/31. I'm still working full-time and feeling very resentful about it!! We're mostly ready for the baby- still need to install the car seat, pack the hospital bags, and write out the birth plan. I'm getting increasingly cranky and emotional, probably due to lack of sleep. I'm feeling eager to meet the baby, but also increasingly fearful of labor. All I can do is listen to my hypnobabies CDs and hope that when the time comes, I'm able to relax.
#4 of 23 Old 07-20-2004, 10:16 AM

Still here. EDD by my calculations was yesterday. MW's EDD is Thursday. EVERY single evening I have some crazy contractions or something that just die off by bedtime. Last night I couldn't walk because I had shooting pains that started in my lower back and shot down my buttocks and into my knees. I thought for sure the baby'd fall out last night.

Jenn - I hope you get your house settled.
Klothos - I hope you don't have to be overdue too much longer
Merino - hang in there and quit early - lol. I quit a week earlier than planned with my DD.
#5 of 23 Old 07-20-2004, 01:46 PM

Still here with 11-12 days 'til EDD. I am thrilled to be this pregnant! My ds came early (34 weeks) and everyone (well, almost everyone!) tried to convince me that this one would be early too. Not much going on, baby still moves in the pattern she's had since she went head down. Not super active, but regular in her movements. I have some really strong braxton hicks, some of which hurt! every day, but they are short and irregular. Having fun nesting, but it's HOT!
Can I still be in the July Club if our baby comes in August? :LOL
#6 of 23 Old 07-20-2004, 10:52 PM

#7 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 03:24 AM

i'm still here... just passed my due date on saturday... been having prelabor for weeks, prodromal labor since thursday (all day contractions 5-10 minutes apart that go away at night).... just waiting... waiting... waiting......... trying not to get frustrated!!!!!!! :
#8 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 06:26 AM

... patience patience patience...

... 41 weeks 4 days... still waiting...
#9 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 09:23 AM

Every day is like an eternity right now...
#10 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 11:24 AM

#11 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hang in there everyone! Babies come when they are supposed to!!

Enjoy these last days and hours!!
#12 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 01:56 PM

Still here. 11 days till my "due date" still on bedrest for pregnancy induced hypertension. I have contractions daily so I'm getting uncomfortable! :

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#13 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 02:02 PM

I had my midwife aptt. this morning I am 1 cm and 50% and she did a 'sweep' lol so maybe i will have a baby before too long..

off to clean my room!

I'm due on Sunday btw
#14 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 03:02 PM

I'm getting a sweep today too
My midwife says my due date is July 28th

~mama to some wonderful kids
#15 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
good luck ladies.

sunfairy, i will be following your story as I hired your midwife a couple weeks ago for my own birth in january. i am so sorry you have to bear this heat while coming into the birth.
#16 of 23 Old 07-21-2004, 06:15 PM

thats cool she's your midwife

at my appt today I am 3cm and 70% effaced! I got my sweep.... I'm hoping for a baby this weekend my horoscope says the 23rd is my day to shine- dunno if that means I'll be hot and greasy or have a baby..LOL

#17 of 23 Old 07-22-2004, 08:56 AM

By "sweep" do you mean stripping membranes? I'm just curious. I plan on declining all internal exams until I'm in labor, if I can stand the suspense! I started losing my mucous plug (hope that's not TMI!)- just a little bit over the last two nights. I like to think that's a sign that my body is getting ready.
#18 of 23 Old 07-22-2004, 09:45 AM

Oh sunfairy! Good luck with the heat! It has been hot the last week. : Elias came early because I had pregnancy induced hypertension otherwise I have a feeling I would still be right in the middle of all this heat with you. We keep the baby pretty much naked all the time just to keep him cool. Keep yourself cool and get lots of rest! I'm thinking of you!
#19 of 23 Old 07-22-2004, 11:12 AM

Um from what I understood, a sweep is stretching the cervix a bit whaile doing an internal exam. I agreed to it because my Midwives practice under the Hospitals guidence. Once I get to 41.5 weeks I have to start non stress tests ect. and at 42 weeks I am induced (not that I wont put up a fight if I get there) I would just rather not go there..

I trust my body to do what it needs to do, but I also want to *try* to encourage it. I have been walking and having sex like nobodys busniess lol.

So I agreeed to the 'sweep' which as far as I could tell was her poking in my cervix lol ....I trust my midwife.

So no action yet.. I get contactions every now and then.. but nothing very exciting..

I think it will happen this weekend.. I duno why tho lol

#20 of 23 Old 07-22-2004, 11:32 AM

yeah- from what I understand, for my 'sweep' , if you make 2 circles with your index and thumb, put them together, after you pass though both is you water bag.
Just through the first ring is a mucus lining that attaches your water bag to your uterus, so if you can get a finger in there and kind of wiggle or sweep, you can separate the mucus. it took her about 2 minutes, she used primrose oil to lube, I bled a little, had to wear a pad, and the midwife stayed for a bit to make sure all was well.

I had a few *really powerful* contractions and after DH got home, we went to the mall and walked for hours and they kind of tapered off by dinner...did some sperm therapy.. and today just kinda like period crampy, with a few scattered contractions.

sorry if thats a little too much info for some- I have no shame ..LOL

it is a bit invasive, if your not into that...but I have no issues or guilt about that kinda stuff. I don't want my water broke though- thats my cushion.

ooh- I bought some skullcap tincture, i read in wise woman herbal that it helped with the pain during labor- Dh really likes it , has anyone used it or know about it?

#21 of 23 Old 07-22-2004, 11:45 AM

sunfairy, let me know about the skullcap tinture. (Assuming you have your baby 1st ) It's on my "to buy" list, along with St. John's /Joan's Wort. Haven't tried either though.
#22 of 23 Old 07-23-2004, 12:31 AM

HI friends,

Glad some people are still here.

All is well here.

Getting lots of phone calls. Dh says, "We will call you when there's a baby. Your name is on the list."

Got up at 5:00am this morning and 4:00am yesterday (the "due" date).

Just wondering if this baby will wait until the full moon (31st), which is supposed to be awesome astrologically. My garden has done marvelous things since the new moon (Saturday), so any time between now & the 31st would really please me.

I'm up to 164 #. I feel that the baby has grown so much!

I'm curious to know more about the skullcap. The tinctures I've had in the past were so yucky, but if it helps with labor pain... I'd consider it.

I ran out of my 5W on Monday, so I have 100 of those in my system. Couldn't get more when I was in the city on Tuesday, so I guess I'm not meant to take anymore. ??

I'm just drinking red raspberry leaf tea.

The baby is so, so, so, so active.

I'm wondering if I'll know when the day is... like get a feeling. I'm wondering if I'll wake up in the night like I did with dd.

I hope I'm prepared. I think I feel too calm. Is that possible?
#23 of 23 Old 07-23-2004, 08:12 AM

i think i might actually be going into labor. these contractions are really starting to hurt! i had a little bit of bloody show... i woke up this morning at like 5am to take a shower... normally i don't get up until MUCH later.

i was getting all anxious and frustrated that it wasn't happening, but now that it is, i'm a little nervous... this being my first vbac and all. my c sec was from an abrupted placenta... we didn't know i was bleeding until we broke my water at 9cms, but i did have some BRIGHT RED bloody show during the labor. this time the show was only pinkish/brownish. still i am dreading (against my will) that some of those signs will start to show up again.

*sigh*

pray for me!

*so i went by the midwives' office, since i had a prenatal appointment scheduled anyway... i'm 2 cm, 80% effaced, and the baby is at -1 station... huge difference from last week. contractions are still coming too...

**the next morning i went in to the mw office and was found to be 4 cms! i went home and about two hours later i felt transition-ish, so we went in again and i was NINE!! so we went to the hospital, labored a little longer, and pushed out a 9 pound 13 ounce baby girl by 6pm!! i had my VBAC!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page