Week of July 23-30 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-23-2004, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well I thought I would start a thread because I am bored..

*yawn* I just woke up from a nap.

I told DH how to chek my cervix and he felt the baby's head.. it was awesome.. he is still asking "was that really my baby??"

My body is slowly getting ready. I can feel myself opening up, I can feel the baby moving down. I think it will happen soon. I can't wait to meet my baby.

Today I am going to relax.. have a nice weekend everyone!
#2 of 23 Old 07-23-2004, 06:50 PM

I am feeling so huge, i don't know why I gain so much weight DH took a few quick pictures http://photos.yahoo.com/sunpharee in the 'chloe july' album.. I was 3cm on weds and DH is getting to be a pro at checking me on weds only one of my midwifes fingers would fit and wiggle so 2-3cm and last night during our primrose oil cervical massage dh could get 2 fingers in with room he loves feeling the baby's head too!

lost all of my mucus plug these last few days... the contractions just start to get regular....and after about 1.5 hrs i think I'm gonna call the midwife to give her a heads up..and...they stop :

can't wait to have a lil boy to hold and love

I wrote out a lil birth plan for my midwife-at her request....
Homebirth Plan

~I want my husband Cory to be extremely involved in the birth, I want him to deliver and catch the baby and do everything and anything he can.-as unassisted as he can be

~Chloe will be as involved as she wants to be possibly helping dad catch the baby, cut the cord, wipe down the baby and dress/diaper the baby.

~I want to see the baby come out using the large closet mirrors in my bedroom, and i want to see him before he gets wiped down.

~I don't want my water to be broken artificially. But sweeping, stripping and stretching are all ok.

~I am open to any and all herbs and remedies for whatever condition.-if you think it will help, I'll take it. I have a few herbs (arnica, skullcap, rescue remedy) but I'm not sure when to take them.

~I'll need help figuring out when and how to use primrose/olive oil and hot washrags in the crockpot.-really want to avoid an episiotomy.

~I don't want the baby to recieve any injections or eye ointment.

~The baby will not be circumsized

~If we forget or get busy, I would love help taking pictures of the labor/birth using my camera.

c'mon little baby..I can't wait to see you....got 3 calls today.."did you have it yet?"..lol

~mama to some wonderful kids
#3 of 23 Old 07-24-2004, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

I woke this morning to some contactions, they seem to be steady, but not very intense. More intense than anything Ive had up till this point. I have been having some pinkish mucus discharge for the past day..

I am awake now because it's hard to sleep! I am going back to bed though.. maybe today is the day..

Wish me luck if it is!
#4 of 23 Old 07-24-2004, 10:53 AM

yay..good luck!!! I hope things get started today

~mama to some wonderful kids
#5 of 23 Old 07-24-2004, 08:52 PM

I'm not having the internal checks done b/c I just don't want to know, it will just thow me off. I figure I'll know when I'm in labor.
This is so strange for me to be 39 weeks! I never thought I get this far, now I'm wondering if this babe will ever come!
I'm off for a walk now. . .
#6 of 23 Old 07-25-2004, 03:36 AM

Had an appt on Friday... 39 weeks 2 days... and everything was great. BP still nice and low (107/72), urine dip was fine, hb in the 150s, GBS screen was negative (yay!).

She did do a cervical exam after I made her promise to not disturb anything (my house is still dust and contractor filled!). I am 3 cm and the head is "right there." : I am hoping that that means nothing, but I'd been having hour long sessions of pretty intense contractions before the appt and they continued last night and today. Mucous has also changed and is now pink tinged, so I'm guessing it may be in the next couple of days.

We did get our bedroom and two upstairs bathrooms in order (except for our dresser) on Friday. I was hoping that would mean I could get into the baby's room, but no such luck at this point. We have no washer and dryer either. Can't cook in our kitchen because we'd be eating dust.

Keep fingers crossed that these contractions settle down and baby decides she likes it on the inside for a few more days!
#7 of 23 Old 07-25-2004, 03:55 AM

HI All,

Well I am just 3 days to my due date and finally feel like I am WAITING for him to come. I have been a little bored and worried about all the med stuff hospitals do like pitocin to after birth, hep b shot on first day : ...I guess I don't trust the med ind.
#8 of 23 Old 07-25-2004, 11:25 PM

I'm right there with you. I'm 39 weeks today and getting VERY uncomfortable! I've gone "overdue" twice before so I'm expecting the same this time. I have contractions that are enough to make take a deep breath, but that's about it. I have a constant headache these days and I think the baby hits my sciatic nerve. My blood pressure was 130/76 at my last appt. on Friday. This is better compared to my 146/92 the previous Friday. I plan on making a chiropractor appt tomorrow to help with my back and headaches. Last time it took 2 days before things got back to "normal"

Good luck to everyone this week!!

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#9 of 23 Old 07-26-2004, 12:30 AM

Quote:
and worried about all the med stuff hospitals do like pitocin to after birth, hep b shot on first day
They aren't all like this. With my first I went in like a momma tiger ready to fight it all. They didn't even offer a Hep B vaccine and when my uterus was firming up just fine they didn't give me pit either (with my second I did get it about 6 hours after birth, but that is because I'd started passing very large clots and bleeding heavily). The only thing I had to sign off on was not getting the eye goop.
#10 of 23 Old 07-26-2004, 11:48 AM

Amina~I'm pretty sure tha CA doesn't give the Hep B at birth anymore. I think it is in the first group of shots offered at 2 months. Like Mamajaza, our children are/will be unvaccinated, if you want to know more about that the vaccination forum here is a great resource.
The hospital will likely offer the eye goop and a vitamin K shot as "routine", but you don't have to do either. Like Jennifer said, they will only give you pit if your uterus isn't clamping back down after delivering the placenta.
The only thing which is required in CA by state law is the PKU test, which is most accurate 72 hours after birth. It can either be done in the hopsital or at your pediatrician's office.
Welcome! You'll find tons of information of these boards!
#11 of 23 Old 07-26-2004, 11:51 AM

Feeling like this baby is never going to be born! Arrrgh! I am 39w2d, so not at all "late", but I am so ready! I'm trying to be patient and centered, but am finding it next to impossible. My midwife has all along insisted this babe would be early, and though I never thought she would be, I think her opinion has made me ready for nearly a month now!
#12 of 23 Old 07-27-2004, 04:04 AM

Thanks all for the facts and encouraging words.
Tonight I have been "visioning" how I wish my Birth to go.
Every person even passing my labor door gets a contact high of being a loved child of God/Allah.
#13 of 23 Old 07-27-2004, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

I had a midwife appt this morning.

I am now 100% effeced, 2-3 CM dialated

we did a sweep.. maybe the baby will be here soon

Off to sew some more stuffff..........

please send me all the labour vibes you can muster.. DH wants to spend some time with the babe before his holidays are over
#14 of 23 Old 07-27-2004, 07:14 PM

Well, I'm now 4cm. I wouldn't let her strip, sweep or anything else aggressive (too freaked out about having my amniotic sac accidently broken - labor with an intact water bag is MUCH easier on mama and baby).

I keep telling her, "Babies come when babies are ready!" I'm not even due yet, not in active labor and she was thinking of sending me to L&D (I said, NO!). She also started talking about making an induction appt if I have still not delivered by next week (I'll be just under 41 weeks at my next appt... if I make it that long). I said, "But not until 42 weeks!" Baby seems great (moving a ton and HB strong and 160 with no blips or bumps). All of my signs show that I am healthy.

I'm not unhappy pregnant, but I'm starting to get anxious that the intervention ball will start rolling if I haven't had this baby by next week.
#15 of 23 Old 07-27-2004, 07:55 PM

I am totally with you on everything, Jenn. But I am so paranoid about my water breaking that I won't even allow internal checks at all - no matter how tempting.

I am getting so many calls I feel like a watched pot. But he will come when he's ready and I already told my MW that if she transfers me out of her care for being too post-term I will go unassisted. LOL.
#16 of 23 Old 07-28-2004, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

I have been having contractions about every 3 minutes about 30 seconds in length, but nothing very 'hard'

I hope I get to meet baby tonight!

I found myself setting up everying the way I want it to be for the birth 'nesting' i guess...

we went for a nice long walk to keep the contractions coming and now that I'm home it feels like they are still coming....

hopefully this is 'it' I will wait and hopefully they will start to be more intense

#17 of 23 Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

everyone must be off havin their babies..

I am still here.. still no baby.. no contractions at all today..

what a stubborn little baby!

I'm going out for sushi tonight.. YUM!
#18 of 23 Old 07-29-2004, 12:10 AM

I felt the baby's head attempting to check my own cervix. He's so low. I am also getting all these crazy shooting pains in my butt and legs and my pubic bone feels like it's going to split in two. C'mon, boy!
#19 of 23 Old 07-29-2004, 03:08 AM

I'd been having all this horrible pain in my pubic bone, hips and shooting down my thighs since about 28 weeks. That has all of a sudden ended as this baby has gotten really low! Maybe that is why I am feeling so okay with still being pregnant!
#20 of 23 Old 07-29-2004, 03:57 AM

Here is the moon signs for the next couple days (San Francisco, CA times)...

Now-30th moon in Cap
7/30 9am moon goes into Aqu
Full moon in Aqu July 31st 11:05am (though a friend said no 10:37am)

all our babies will have the slower moving planets the same-
Saturn in Can
Uranus in Pis
Neptune in Aqu
Pluto in Sag

If you have time to play you can go to Astro.com and make free charts for you and play with times for your baby to be! I have been having fun with it.
#21 of 23 Old 07-29-2004, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

I am officially in labour wish me luck
#22 of 23 Old 07-29-2004, 10:42 PM

Good Luck wwith the c oil.
If Baby doesn't come by friday I am going to ask my husband for a little donation!
#23 of 23 Old 07-30-2004, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Bryce made his arrival yesterday at 12:08 PM

hes such a sweetie. giving birth was so great! It was an experiance I will never forget. I can't wait to post the birth story, but for now I will say that my labour was 8 hours with 1 hour of pushing, perfectly helthy baby born at home

He lovvves breastfeeding, we make a good team

I will try to post again with the story and some pics, maybe later today! (baby is sleeping with daddy right now, mom just got off 'all night milk machine' shift lol)

I am so in with him. He is so precious! I can't beleive that he's not even a day old yet!

eta:

heres some pictures

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMnLhm3cNGzzw

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page