sore breasts, but happy heart......... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-31-2004, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, Mommies!

I'm due in mid-August with my second baby. My first is 2.5 -- he'll be 3 in June.

I'm nursing my toddler during this pregnancy & it's a real act of love. My nipples are ssssssssssoooooooooo sore!!! We have to re-latch a couple times during a nursing session & sometimes the pain decreases. I didn't want to wean him before he was ready. But I do sometimes tell him, "mommy's noonies hurt. maybe later."

I'm feeling LOTS of movement & can't wait till August!

Unfortunately, I've had a lot of nausea & vomiting (which i did with the last pregnancy, too). But, a small price to pay for a new baby.
#2 of 8 Old 03-31-2004, 10:03 PM

Welcome Autumn! This new format seems to be attracting all kinds of new mamas. How nice!

I know what you are going through with the breast pain. I nursed my ds while pregnant with ds #2, it was pure torture! Fortunately, he gradually weaned on his own and was done by the time I was 6 months along.

It's amazing what we will happily endure for a new baby!
#3 of 8 Old 04-01-2004, 10:41 AM

Hi Autumn please post your stats in the Here We Are Thread so we can get to know you!

Talk about m/s...I am 22 weeks and still getting bouts of .....lol...ahhhh the joys of pregnancy....
It's all good! :LOL

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#4 of 8 Old 04-01-2004, 11:25 AM

Hi Autumn,

Me too, me too, and me too! LOL. Sore nipples, still morning sick and lots of movement. My nipples are somewhat better, but not a whole lot. The nausea seems to subside, but then, nope, it's right back. Ugh! I had a whole day with no nausea, and then a great morning yesterday, but someone asked me how I felt right after lunch. I replied "Great! Maybe I'm getting through this!" and then 10 minutes later, I'm heaving up lunch. Ugh!

Yeah, it's all worth it. But, I have to keep asking my husband "I don't normally throw everything up, do I?" And, he reassures me, "No, when you're not pregnant, you're just fine" so I keep hanging on to that hope.

Really looking forward to August, too!
#5 of 8 Old 04-03-2004, 12:57 AM

Autumn-Welcome

Just want to tell you I'm right there with you!

Down to nursing 1-2x/day now, and the pain has gotten a bit better in recent weeks. BUT MAN! Latch-on is a lesson in pain management!

I often have to tell DS that my breasts are hurting and that we have to stop.

Best of luck to you. Keep postin'!
#6 of 8 Old 04-05-2004, 05:18 AM

I give you a lot of credit for sticking to nursing through your pregnancy. I was still nursing my Benjamin when I found out I was expecting this one and once I started feeling morning sickness and such I just couldn’t do it anymore.

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love" ~Rod McKuen

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#7 of 8 Old 04-05-2004, 12:44 PM

I'm still nursing my DS, who will turn 3 this month, and it's painful. I will not be weaning him in any way though. During the past week, my breasts seem to have gotten really sore all the time. I'm almost thinking about wearing a bra in order to have them not rub up against my shirt they're so sore (I stopped wearing one about a year ago when I finally no longer needed absorbent pads). The nipples are also starting to get darker. I haven't really had milk for maybe a couple of months now, so maybe it means that my colostrum will be coming in soon. I hope so because I want DS to start getting antibodies again.

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#8 of 8 Old 05-06-2004, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, Pg Mommies!

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks, on vacation with my family.

Just wanted to say that I'm 25 weeks pregnant now and still have very sore nipples during nursing sessions with my toddler! This morning he wanted to nurse upon waking, and we tried, but it was too painful and I told him maybe later.

Last evening before the sun set (he's not allowed to nurse when the sun is asleep - we night weaned about 8 months ago) he wanted to nurse, and I told him 10 seconds on each side, cause I was so sore. He did, and he thought it was kind of funny with the counting & all. So, that worked - I'll be using that when I'm really sore.

Sometimes as the nursing session goes on, the pain lessens. That happens when I nurse him down for a nap.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page