anyone thinking about names? sigh... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2004, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wanna see our long list of names so far? (* = some of my faves)

Boys:
Calvin (ds's favorite)
Garrett
Gareth
Gerard
Grayson
*Jasper
*Malcolm
Chance
Vincent
Ellery
Duncan
Ezra
Paul (dh likes this)
Joshua (dh's favorite)
Everett
Latham, Lathe
Basil
*Lowell (wolf cub, Normandy)

Girls:
Jade (ds's favorite)
*Joy
*Juniper
Bridget
Celeste
*Aurora
Artemis (dd's favorite)
Maeve
Imogen, Imogene
Ivy
Lark
Mirabel
Nova
Ruby
Ruth
*Serenity
Simone
Inga, Inge, Ingrid
Opal
Laurel
Claudia
Lorelei
*Iris (rainbow goddess)
Alaina, Alanna
Ariadne
Hazel
Indigo
Morgan, Morgaine
Rosalyn, Rosalind
Tallulah (leaping waters)

got feedback? bring it on!

katje
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2004, 09:59 PM

Wow that is a long list of names!

We only have one of each so far.

Heather Grace

Zachary Jon

Heather is my moms middle name and Grace is my grandmothers name...

Zachary we just like and Jon (actually John) is my dh's middle name. I like the spelling Jon just to make it a little funkier. We also like Aidan although it is getting very popular and a we have Hayden, Kayden and another Aidan near by so that one is out.

We are trying to come up with at least 2-3 of each so we can decide for sure after we officially meet this little one. I would love suggestions! My last name is Schmitt. So no Ineida's or Justin's, anything that can be paired with sh*t. :

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 05-11-2004, 04:00 PM

Not that it will you with your name dilemma but we decided on our names. Oliver for a boy and Maggie for a girl.

Just thought I would share
Old 05-16-2004, 01:42 AM

We are back to the drawing board with boy names. My brother and sil just had a baby boy on Thursday and used the boy name we had picked out (Zachary) I can't be too mad at them though because they had no idea we had that picked out already. I hadn't told them. What are the odds? Oh well, dh is still pretty set on it and still wants to name him, if it is a him, Zachary. Any other suggestions? We are at a stand still...

Cheryl

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

Old 05-16-2004, 11:09 AM

Cheryl that is a bummer...I actually have the same fears, as my brother and his wife are due in December and share everything, so I am hoping we do not run into the same problem! We have not told anyone yet the names we have chosen..

Good Luck

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

Old 05-16-2004, 06:43 PM

We agreed fairly early on that another girl would be:

Katherine Grace

I looooved this name, but Keith reneged and says no Grace now.... he doesn't like Grace??? Anyway, we've agreed to Katherine Rose after his grandma, Rose.

So Katie will join our Elizabeth Anne (who we call Libby).

I'm all about nicknames I really wanted to have a Samantha and have Sam and Libby (like the shoes) but couldn't get dh to agree to that one

Kimberly
Old 05-26-2004, 10:52 PM

Well, yes, sigh...

DD is Margaret Rosalie (Meg). I had wanted a Meg forever (huge fan of Madeleine L'Engle, and like Little Women too). DH said fine, I could decide. He had more input on the middle name-I had wanted Eleanor, but we agreed on Rosalie which is a family name for me, and a surrogate mom figure name for him.

DS is Peter Calvin. Again, Peter was my choice, and dh contributed Calvin. It's his middle name, and also his dad's name. Nice that it's from a Wrinkle in Time also...LOL!

So, now dh gets to choose first names, and I get to choose middle names.

For a boy he has chosen William (who I am determined to call Will, he's ok with that.) And for a girl Sara. I like Will, and it grows on me more each day. I am having a harder time with Sara. I think I like it with Noelle. Our last name is Price. (Yes, that means that dh and ds both have the initials PCP, or PP! Not great either way you look at it!)

I am having a really hard time with the middle name for William. I'd really like it to be a nice old fashioned name that goes with the other kids' names. My mom wants Brooks for a boy or girl, it is a big time family name for her. But, even though I like it, I think it doesn't sound so great with Price. DH's family is rooting for Charles, which I don't really care for. I like Charlie better, but still think it doesn't really flow. There are several W and P names that I like, but I don't like the double initial thing...Aargh! Why does this have to be so difficult? Oh, only because the poor little bub is going to be stuck with whatever I pick for the rest of his or her life!

Rochelle
Mommy to Meg 5/00, Peter 6/02, #3 due 8/04

User Tag List