Comfy Maternity Underwear? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-05-2004, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,

I was looking at Bravado unders and I am willing to make the investment (they are a bit pricey). But I wanted to know what kind of maternity underwear YOU like.

The Gap is having an online sale on maternity cotton briefs-which look really comfy-but they do not have my size available.

Any suggestions? I prefer the over-the-belly kind-but I'm willing to check other styles out, too.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 04-05-2004, 06:40 PM

I'm planning on wearing my Hanes-Her-Way bikini undies through this pregnancy and will just get new undies afterwards. I had the huge over the belly kind when pregnant with DS and there is no way I want to go back into them. I just felt so unattractive. I would end up wearing the Hanes bikini's just to make myself feel better sometimes. I had put them in a box with 0-3 month clothing that I brought here, so I've still got them. Really don't want to pull them out though.

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#3 of 14 Old 04-05-2004, 07:27 PM

I'm a big fan of over the belly undies, personally. :P And, I'm super cheap, so I just buy undies in a bigger size than normal. I'm talking like 3-4 sizes too big. And, if I need bigger, I'll buy bigger when I get there. Something under my belly just drives me crazy. Maybe it's because I had a cesarean last time, or maybe it's my big old fat belly, but they never feel like they're sitting in the right spot under my belly.

If you have a hard time finding 3-4 sizes too big, try plus sized undies. Just My Size is the brand I buy. Very comfy, and 3 for $6 instead of 3 for $15 like most maternity panties I find.
#4 of 14 Old 04-05-2004, 08:46 PM

Last pregnancy, Thyme Maternity had the BEST undies ever !! Under-belly, lots of butt coverage, comfy, 100% cotton, held up super in the wash !

About 7 months into that pregnancy, they stopped carrying them though And I haven't been able to find anything I like anywhere nearly as much.

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#5 of 14 Old 04-05-2004, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Great suggestions, ladies. Madrone-you are lucky to be able to wear your normal ones throughout. Last time, with a 50+ weight gain, I just HAD to have real-deal maternity ones. Something to accomodate my huge belly.

But last time I just bought a few pairs at Target (if I remember correctly) and a few at this Motherhood outlet I went to. None of them are in any kind of condition now to wear 'em again-the quality was not so hot so they fell apart.

Caroline-GREAT idea about the HANES. I have worn Hanes before and found them to be really comfy. Plus, I need to be very frugal with maternity anything this time around. Hanes feel like Jockey underwear to me and I have always loved Jockey.

Thanks, ladies. I'm interested to see what other brands come up.
#6 of 14 Old 04-05-2004, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Lizabear-Our posts must have crossed. Thanks for the suggestion-I've never heard of Thyme Maternity stuff. I would love to hunt them down, though. Are they online? I HATE it when your favorit things get discontinued! If you find them again, could you let me know????
#7 of 14 Old 04-09-2004, 12:40 AM

Hi Bears! Our regular old Wal-Mart (evil of evils, I know) carries a pretty darn good line of maternity undies. I'm getting great mileage out of the ones from my last pregnancy..........
#8 of 14 Old 04-09-2004, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Foxy-I would be willing to enter the evil place to buy some good undies! Thanks for the suggestion.
#9 of 14 Old 04-13-2004, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Just thought I'd let everyone know I just bought a three-pack at Old Navy and they are proving to be very comfy. I bought the brief kind, but they had bikini and thong, too.
#10 of 14 Old 04-15-2004, 12:04 AM

LMAO!! Is there such a thing??
Never worn maternity undies, just the regular ones I had been wearing. Usually lower cut bikinis- maybe string style. No thongs.
#11 of 14 Old 04-15-2004, 03:26 PM

Victoria secret low rise thongs 5 for $20. I just went up a couple of sizes this time though because I feel blah!
#12 of 14 Old 04-16-2004, 11:26 AM

Im really picky about undies, especially when pregnant. I really like Motherhood ones, over the belly. The bottom of my belly itches plenty with out elastic buggin I tried bravado (to match the cutsie bra) and never felt right in them.... but if you like under the belly Im sure they would work great.

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#13 of 14 Old 04-18-2004, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Ketilave-I really like the Victoria's secret cotton ones. I bought a few pairs early in this pregnancy and they still work fine, for the most part. But this belly is POPPIN' and I needed to get the REAL deal maternity ones now.

Rothmommy-I actually just bought a 4 pack from Motherhood that I really think are comfy. I have issues with this store though-crappy return policy, etc. BUT, I like their undies and on-sale shirts for $6!!

#14 of 14 Old 04-18-2004, 02:09 AM

the target brand ("in due time" or something) was very comfortable for me, all cotton, no seams. couldn't do under the belly anything due to csec, so i got some overs that were about the size of parachutes. ugly, but really comfy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page