Round the clock braxton hicks anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-16-2004, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had only had b/h when walking on the treadmill until Thursday night.... I've had them every 3-5 minutes since!!!

I know they are not "real" but they are ANNOYING!!!!! I just want them to STOP!

Anyone feel my pain?
#2 of 13 Old 05-16-2004, 05:36 PM

when are you due? i had round the clock b/h during my entire last month. i thought it might mean an early birth, but it different. sometimes they were 3-5 minutes apart, other times 15 minutes more or less.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#3 of 13 Old 05-16-2004, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

I'm due 8/6.

I am 28w2d.

I had them a LOT with my daughter too, but ahhhh, these are annoying. And it certainly didn't mean an early birth with her, as I was induced for eclampsia and was a "fingertip" the morning of my induction at 38 1/2 weeks!! And 48 hours later, I was a 4 and had my c/s

So I'm not expecting an early birth!! Hehe!

I'd really rather just not have them at all As if I have a choice!!
#4 of 13 Old 05-16-2004, 11:52 PM

I'm a little confused about bh contractions. I read a little about them a little. I get the tightening all the time. But is this really a bh contraction or what? When I get them, sometimes it is a tightening that is bad enough to feel a bit crampy. When you guys get them is it like a real contraction or what? I am wondering.
#5 of 13 Old 05-17-2004, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

My braxton hicks feel like a 30 second or minute long menstrual cramp.

They're just ANNOYING, not truly painful.
#6 of 13 Old 05-21-2004, 03:54 PM

I had a lot of B/H contractions when I did not drink enough water. I could have them regularly for hours, but as soon as I would drink alot of water, they would change and decrease significantly.
#7 of 13 Old 05-21-2004, 10:31 PM

I have around the clock too. This is my 3rd pregnancy and with my 1st I never had at all, my 2nd pregnancy I had them from 24 weeks on and they were generally 5-10 min. apart until delivery at 40w6d. With this pregnancy I have them a lot too. I probably have a few an hour sometimes more and sometimes less. These seem to be more painful than I remember though. Most times they are in the lower abdomen and low back, but sometimes I get some that are quite uncomfortable at the top of the uterus. If I remember correctly BH are more in the lower abdomen and low back.

SAHM to the munchkins (14.5, 11.5, 9.5, 3, and almost 2)
#8 of 13 Old 05-21-2004, 10:47 PM

i've had a few sessions of regular b/h, and it can get annoying, especially when you're trying to sleep.

i agree about the water... often that's my problem.

sometimes a little alcohol will calm things (if you've already drunk a bunch of water). hops, skullcap, lobelia and/or valerian tinctures could help if you aren't getting ANY sleep at all, but i would definitely talk to your midwife before starting them (i know lobelia, for one, can cause problems with someone who has had a history of siezures, for instance).

one other method... sometimes a funky uterus will knock out of a b/h spell with a good strong orgasm!

good luck,

katje
#9 of 13 Old 05-21-2004, 11:31 PM

Funny you should mention this. I've had a lot of BH the last week. I'm happy to have them as the midwives always say there's no such thing as a useless contraction. They're all getting your body that little bit more ready for labour.

~Daednu
#10 of 13 Old 05-22-2004, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

I am pretty sure it's not water related for me... I drink at LEAST a gallon or two of water every day. I'm on the overkill end of that spectrum

It's just good to know I'm not alone, you know?

Kimberly
#11 of 13 Old 05-28-2004, 10:29 AM

i've had braxton hicks contrax's now for at least a few weeks...i'm at 28wks now and for the last week i've had some that are bordering on painful...friday when i spent the day in L&D being monitored i had several that registered on the monitors, but that might be mostly from me being dehydrated and having some preterm labor...once i was rehydrated they've kept up though...i've got a fairly high pain tolerance when allowed to roam/move etc so they don't typically bother me, but are a nuisance...only reassuring thing is that i remind myself each contrax now is one closer to baby!
#12 of 13 Old 05-28-2004, 03:03 PM

I've been suffering since last saturday with constant BH's (no rhyme or reason to them though). I've been having them for a while but nothing like this. I had one last night that contracted for several minutes and it nearly set me through the roof. Some are very painful, especially when I do anything that's the least bit strenuous so I've been taking it easy. I'm hoping they're prepping me up so I can have my VBAC
#13 of 13 Old 05-29-2004, 01:10 AM

I had a ton with my first and I started getting them frequently around 18 weeks...it is annoying...they happen all the time. My ds was born on his due date, so I know it will not mean an early delivery.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page