June 1st- June 14th chit chat.....wow!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 147 Old 06-13-2004, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. I have not been updating in this thread- I feel so bad for this baby! I forget I am pregnant sometimes. Such a change from baby #1 and #3 when I had time to think about the changes, lol. Lots of other things that seem more pressing than a little one who is doing just fine where s/he is.
Currently seeing an OB, DH wants to switch to an out of network hospital for a midwife birth. Ideally I would have a homebirth, but I don't see that as happeneing, but you never know. This is our 5th, measuring big as usual. I expect to make it to my due date but not much further. BP is fine, 1 pound total weight gain. GTT was 130, rest at my next appt.

I thought I would respond to some of the posters as a way to catch up.

AP- sorry to read about your money woes. It seems so weird this pregnancy not to have them. I am glad you can afford COBRA- we could not when DH lost his job. It was a scary few months for us...
Caroline- What is is with kids an dental work while mom is preggo? My 4 year old has his front teeth pulled and a crown when I was about 16 weeks.
Jlcampbellkidz 6/2/04 I was in Ft Worth on the 8th floor of Harris hospital for those storms. Not fun at all. (grandmother was sick) It did give me a few hours with my grandmother- and for that I am greatful. I went back to my own storms the next today.
Lizbear- I am sorry about your grandfather. I was so afraid my grandmother would pass while I was there. I can't imagine having such a loss while pregnant. No time is preferred of course, but being pregnant seems so much harder.
Bearsmama- I am so tired now. I have taken more naps now than I did first trimester.
ketilave interesting you mention Kings Dominion. I haven't been in 16 years or so- grew up in Chesterfield County.
lena_girl- were you talking about Hallam NE? I would think that puts your folks in Lincoln...

Whew! And this only covers the first 2 pages!!
#122 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 12:04 AM

Jl- If it's any consolation, I felt the SAME way today. I was extremely emotional. And DS has chosen this weekend to start really "testing" me again after being sort of chilled out for awhile. We had a little incident in the parking lot of our grocery store. He just would NOT get into his carseat. Period. I sat in the lot for over 1/2 hour! I was infuriated. I don't have the strength to "force" him, and I know my boy. There's just no forcing if he wants to do something else. So, by the time I came home, I was livid, and CRYING hysterically. I also was very teary and grumpy prior to this. Ahhhh, what's happening to us????????
#123 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=juju]is any of you august mamas having an unassisted birth? [QUOTE]

I am concidering it, DH is not. He wants to switch to an out of network hospital with midwives. It looks that our doc will not be on hand to deliver. My fav doc delivered my last in near perfection no longer catches babies. I had planned on playing it by ear last time and chose to go to the hospital when I was bleeding with each contrax. Nothing to really worry about, but I felt better at the hospital. Who knows? If this one isn't posterior and less than 10 pounds it may go faster than anyone expects
#124 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 12:37 AM

Let's see if I can keep up? DH put my new hard drive in this week. It was a very long 3 weeks of no computer. I need to get my pictures off. I still haven't seen the ones from Christmas DH swears he put on here...Madrone, I know nothing about computers (my choice) but DH sais something about partitions??

I have done nothing for this baby. I have not pulled anything out to wash, not have I bought a thing. I did win a dozen nb prefolds and a few covers and a grand poobah breast pump at the LLL conference in April. I want a car seat, a bouncer chair and a Maya wrap. I gave away most of my stuff right after Sean's birth 2 years ago. So much for thinking we were done!

I have been cold this entire pregnancy. Even with it in the 90s. My whole house was complaining about how warm I was keeping the air. So I made a new rule- I would set the thermastat at 70 and leave it there as long as no one left a light on. For every light I found on in an unoccupied room I would knock the temp up a degree. Now we are set to 75. Another 3 lights on would make my day....
#125 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 01:30 AM

Okay, so much to say, not much time. Isn't that the way it always is?

(((HUGS))) to all of us emotional preggos! I totally know how you feel, as I'm feeling on the verge of tears at the least little thing. Last pregnancy, my big thing was Michael J. Fox. Don't ask me why, but his Parkinson's diagnosis was perhaps the saddest thing I could have heard. And, I think he'd been diagnosed for a few years back then, but it still just hurt me horribly. I just had to think about him for a moment, and I'd be all blubbery. Pretty silly, huh? And, I was never that enamored of him before or after pregnancy.

I'm heading off in the wee hours of the morning for a big trip. I'll be gone until the 21st, unless I get a minute to log on here or there. Bonnie and I are flying to Virginia to visit my mother, then driving to MD to visit my MIL and SIL, then driving to Philly with MIL & SIL to meet aunt-in-law and go to Sesame Place, the zoo, the Please Touch museum and DH is flying up there to meet us all. Then back to MD to stay one night before DH, DD and I fly home from Virginia again. Whew! It's hard just to type! Should be a fun trip, I hope. Exhausting, but fun.

So, everyone take care while I'm gone. I love reading, and I wish I was organized enough to respond to each and every post. I read, nod, make comments to the monitor, and then as I'm typing this up, they all escape me. Know that I'm thinking of you all.
#126 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 01:52 AM
Banned

I'd always read that the hormones level off by this point in pregnancy, but obviously not. I don't remember much about my first pregnancy... was I this crazy? I've been manic-depressive all day, was weepy yesterday, and haven't been able to sleep all week . Weird dreams at night, wistful dreamy thoughts all day... what an odd time this is. And eating like it's going out of style! I got in a fight w/ Brian : (daddy to be) yesterday over a dream I had! A dream! Long story, but it ends with me locking myself in the bathroom, crying in the shower
For the most part, I'm just pleased as punch to be pregnant, but with these hormones I don't know if I can take 10 more weeks... or if anyone else can take 10 more weeks of me! Apparently while I was on the phone with my best friend today I started humming "hangin' tough"... as in, New Kids On the Block... : ... while she was trying to talk. I have no recollection of this.
The idea of a due-date club is so remarkable; I'm seeing how many of us are going through the same things all at the same time (maybe not the New Kids on the Block, part... that's my own special syndrom). But it's comforting to know that others are out there cracking up in their own way... I've been skipping ahead to June and July and reading about the mommies who are winding down and giving birth, and I start to think... maybe 10 weeks isn't that long, afterall...
#127 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 08:48 AM

Hi Madrone! We drive VW's exclusively b/c we can get old ones cheap and DH can work on them when they give us grief............if you didn't live across the planet, we could commiserate over a cup of iced tea. It's very good to hear from you again.

Christeeny, my vote is to call the doc's office and let them know that you're not so sure of how you're feeling...........what can it hurt? That's why we pay them so very well for their services. And it's not like they're ever going to call you (unless you've got a really tremendously great set of people there) to just "see how you're doing." But that's just my 2 cents.

JL and girlfactory, sure love those pictures! JL, you make me want to get a new hair-doo too. Unlike you, tho, mine is only a few inches long so there's not much to work with.

Who sent me the link on measuring cervixes? I forgot to thank you. Never got around to asking the OB at the last appt. Got the test results back from the GD test and hemoglobin (118 on GD test.....135 is the cut-off, 13 on the hemoglobin when lower than 10 is wrong) and I was so thrilled that I completely forgot all my questions I had had in mind to ask.

Bears, one of your posts yesterday was magic! I woke up the in the middle of the night last night feeling great.............physically comfortable for the first time in who knows when. I think the babe must have finally turned around! The "shelf" is lower and I can actually poke around a little under my ribs w/o making contact with the babe's body. Hurrah! This makes the next month look much more doable. Hope the baby is more comfortable too.

Oh, Caroline, have yourself a wonderful trip. Pace yourself, OK?

OK, then. Time to get this day started. It's going to storm today for the 5th day in a row, so I need to get extra creative with the entertainment plan for DD. We're getting a lot of mileage out of the flooded sandbox. Took her to the Indy children's museum on Saturday. Any of you ever been there? It's a treasure.

-Leah
#128 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 08:54 AM

I *love* the new belly pics !!

"Do Not Tap on Tank" - how cute !

I keep telling DH I have to break out my zinc sticks and draw some kind of design on my belly, then lay out in the sun for a few hours - let my belly tan and have a light picture on it. Won't do it though - have no where to lay out, and I'm not a tanner either - I go from white to red rather quickly.

My emotions are getting the best of me lately (check out my whine in Diapering yesterday - yikes - pregnancy hormones to the MAX !! ), I feel like crying at the least little things, it's driving me batty.

I have my next check-in with my midwives tomorrow, I think I've gained a ton of weight, but I will wait until tomorrow morning to step on the scale - I'm scared of it !

I have a chiropractor's appt this afternoon, and a LLL meeting tonight, it should be a pretty decent day.

Now ladies - please tell me, HOW do you keep the emotions in check ?

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#129 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju
is any of you august mamas having an unassisted birth?
We aren't planning an unassisted birth, but my last labour was VERY rapid, so we are doing a lot of thinking about the possibility that our baby will come before our midwife gets here.

I'm actually okay with it - a little concerned that I'd miss something wrong (hemmoragh is my biggest fear), or that DH will freeze up in the heat of the moment. His fears are more about baby not breathing.

BUT - we do know that our midwife will be here very shortly after the baby's birth if she's not here for it, and I am very comfortable with the idea that it will just be our family here for Li'l Bug's birth.

Jesse (July '09)
#130 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 11:08 AM

Hi everyone!
Trying to sneak in as much computer time as possible b/c I fear I won't be able to do this forever. DH has been laid off (well, working freelance jobs from home for 4+months, and starting own business, but no F/T work) and now is considering a job offer where he used to work that would mean F/T again. The company is very flexible and he knows everyone really well, so of course we would have some time together after the baby is born. BUT I may have to say goodbye to these days of getting on the computer while DH tends to the loud banging upstairs! It is alternately the BEST time for him to go back to F/T work and the WORST time. We so need the consistent $$$ but I SO need to be able to take some naps here and there. Back to life as a single mom during the day! So selfish, I know. But I've kinda gotten used to him being around.

magemom-I love your solution to the temp in your house!

Caroline-Sounds like a really fun (and probably tiring) trip! We've done these kinds of wild car trips before and DS has always been great. Funny how that works. Sometimes going to the local Target is harder. But driving 600 miles he's just fine! You'll enjoy the Please Touch. We love it there! Hope you have a great time here!

Mealymom-I literally LOL reading your post!!!!!! Your insanity level (and I mean that in the most respectful way) seems close to mine. After my breadown yesterday I asked DH today if he thought the neighbors heard me. Apparently, my one neighbor was dropping off some fresh veggies from his garden at the exact moment that I was almost hyperventilating crying. I can only picture him backing S-L-O-W-L-Y away from our door. Oh well. What can I do? I'm human.

Foxy-So glad that your "shelf" has moved! Ahhh, you must be breathing easier already. And YES, I've been to the Indy museum and it is amazing. So much more than many museums that call themselves kids's museums (my bro lives in Indy).

Liza-Apparently, I do not know how to keep my emotions in check. If someone has a solution, let me know.

Okay, that's all for me. Gotta go take advantage of DH while he's still here!

#131 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 11:36 AM

Well, I am hoping for a much less emotional day today. Since I have no daycare kids today and my dad left his car with me while he is out of town I am going to take advantage of the trasportation and go and get a pedicure and manicure. My sister is watching DD for me. She will have a blast with my sisters 3 kids. She always does.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and find some way to relax atleast for a little while!

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#132 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Banned

Bearsmama:
I know you're going through a busy spell, or a busier-than-usual-spell, but I see that you're in Phili so I thought I would pass this on to you:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APinPA/

I'm trying to get a group near Lancaster to meet sometime this summer or early fall, especially those of us with weeny beenies. This group was started by an MDC mom a few months back.

Best to everyone!
#133 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 12:48 PM

Hey everyone!

Magemom - yes, Lincoln. Dh and I are from NE (go Huskers!)

I'm with you all on the hormonal thing. It seems like it doesn't take much for me to feel like crying or screaming. I'm also really starting to get uncomfortable inside myself, yk? Like I just can't find many positions in which I feel comfortable in.

Lizabear, I read your post on diapering and I felt really bad. I do agree with you that it seems like most of the people who post a lot are really only interested in the expensive hard to get diapers. I'm interested in trying different dipes and WAHMs but I am not willing to buy things that put my total spending at or above what I would spend on disposies. I want to give you a big ... so there!

I'm sorry to hear about some of you having money woes. Were doing okay, DH is in the military so his job is nice and secure. His enlistment is up in Nov and we are trying to figure out what to do next. He might reenlist and we'd maybe go to Texas so he could be an instructer at the DOD dog training school on Lackland AFB. He's also been asked to apply to the Secret Service, so we'll see.

I finally took DS in for his 2 yr check up and got wonderful news. He had been hovering around the 3rd percentile for weight for a long time, but he gained! He is up to the 15th or 20th percentile now! Yay!

I love the belly pics. I wish I had a digital camera or a scanner!

ANyway, have a great day mommas, good to "see" you all!
#134 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena_girl
Lizabear, I read your post on diapering and I felt really bad. I do agree with you that it seems like most of the people who post a lot are really only interested in the expensive hard to get diapers. I'm interested in trying different dipes and WAHMs but I am not willing to buy things that put my total spending at or above what I would spend on disposies. I want to give you a big ... so there!
And I'll take it . . . so there !

I made up a 2 litre bottle of iced red-raspberry-leaf tea. I can't stay away from that stuff now - it's almost gone and I only made it last night. It's totally yummy. (2 litres hot RRL tea, a little sugar, shake and chill)

Jesse (July '09)
#135 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

wow...you girlies are soo much fun..I cannot even keep up...:LOL..by the time I am done reading everyones posts I am waaay past *my time* on the pc.....
I could sit here all day, post and read....sad life for me, eh? *sigh*

DH has been working so much overtime it has just been me and ds and lately we are about to kill each other by days end.....

Had my BFW class again yesterday..very cool....33 weeks tomorrow....ap meeting Thursday....park for dh's work party on Saturday....

s to all on the emotional rollercoaster.....

Lizbear.. I did not read your post at diapering..but from what I read here with Lena's post..ITA and I understand...so sorry....

Madrone my brother is a big VW guy...I would send you guys over to him in a minute if you were here close..he loves working on those Vans.....

We are getting close friends....

ttys

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#136 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmamma
Had my BFW class again yesterday

What is a BFW class ?

Jesse (July '09)
#137 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oh sorry Birthing From Within...here is a link:
http://www.birthpower.com/

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#138 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 05:26 PM

Ok I think I finally figured out how to post pictures. Let me know if this doesn't work! I will write more later, no time right now!
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAsWLdy5Ztnbw

Mama to Boy (10) Other Boy (7) and Girl (4)   mdcblog5.gif in my profile!

#139 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 07:38 PM

all these beautiful baby bellies! maybe i'll have to try to get one up too...

ladies, i am sitting here enjoying the most wonderful treat... i finally got that sorbet done, and it's FABULOUS! it takes a while to juice 12 lemons but boy was it worth it. this is my second scoop today and i might have to dip into it again after dinner... those of us having that lemonade hankering, go for it!

you guys are posting way faster than i can keep up... madrone, nice to see you back! i missed you...

gotta get back to cleaning up this pigpen house... but i had to share this sorbet with you gals!

katje
#140 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean
Ok I think I finally figured out how to post pictures. Let me know if this doesn't work! I will write more later, no time right now!
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAsWLdy5Ztnbw
Jillybean those are terrific pictures

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#141 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Great pics Jilly!

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#142 of 147 Old 06-14-2004, 11:16 PM

Hi Ladies,
The emotions for me are still pretty high here. I'm feeling a little anxious and worried and weepy. I'm getting a little freaked about caring for a newborn AND my HN toddler. I guess I'm thinking about this more b/c DS has been quite a handful lately. Also, my DH, who has been home working for the past 4+months is now going back to work FT (yes, it's official. We'll be getting a paycheck soon! in about 2 weeks. So, we have to shift our focus and how we've been getting used to getting things accomplished. Plus, like I've said before, it's at once the BEST time for him to go back and the WORST.

I am so darn huge, ladies. I've accepted it, really. But it is getting hard to move and feel comfy.

JL-OOOhhh, hope you enjoy your manicure and pedicure!

Lena-Glad your DS made out so well at the doc.

Mealymama-Thanks so much for the link!

Liza-Your tea sounds yummy! I wonder if I could squeeze some in between my huge water and lemonade drinking???

Jilly-What GREAT belly pics! And your son is just adorable!

Ap-Thanks for the BFW link. I've been reading a bit about it. Didn't know much at all about it. Also, I remember what you mean about being alone all day with DS for days on end. Although DH has been home for a while now, I remember those days. And I'm about to head back into it again!

Oh, ladies... here's a question for you. My DH may sort of need to go to Europe in early July (new business-venture related). It isn't mandatory or even necessary, but I know he'll really want to be there. I'll be about 4 weeks away from EDD. Would you protest???? Whaddaya think??

Anyway, that's all for me. Gotta go to sleep. Been staying up way too late and paying for it all day long.
#143 of 147 Old 06-15-2004, 07:53 AM

Bears, how long will he be gone for? If it's just for a week or less I wouldn't worry, I mean it is for a new job. Unless, of course, it's not all that important. If it's not hugely important I'm sure they'd understand your situation. If the trip goes into your 37th or even 38th week I'd protest like mad! My DH travels a lot for his job (he leaves again on Monday) and I am hoping and praying nothing comes up that means he has to leave in July. It's his unit policy to not send them on trip once an expectant wife is 36 weeks, but bc of what his job is that could change for us. His job is considered much more important than him being here when the baby is born. He won't get sent unless there are so many trips out that everyone else who can go has been sent and they still need more people (which is a slight possibility). I guess I'm just sharing that to let you know I compleately understand. Let us know what you decide to do
#144 of 147 Old 06-15-2004, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

come along dear friends....

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...94#post1598794

Free To Be~
Traci
~John Holt 

#145 of 147 Old 06-15-2004, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju
is any of you august mamas having an unassisted birth?

what about waterbirth? i had a waterbirth last time and want another one. i am currently trying to find a tub/ kidde pool for the birth. does anyone know of anywhere to find one?
I will be having my third unassisted birth this time. My guess date is August 18th. My husband has a son who's birthday that is. And one of our daughters (we have 4 daughters) has the birthday of August 14th! So, it looks like we will have three August babies between us now.

This will be my second waterbirth. I found some great resources for birth pools/ kiddie pools etc at :

http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/watrbrth.html

I think I will rent one from a local birth center though as it is heated and includes liner for $165 and I won't have to pay any shipping fees. Not sure how that will work out though. They may want to have the midwife bring it with her when I call to let them know I am birthing. Hmmm... I was thinking about a kiddie pool with waterbed kit also. You will see lots of info on the gentlebirth website.
#146 of 147 Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 PM

Jilly: great pics, and such a cute kid!

Lena: You can take pictures with a regular camera these days and when you have them developed most places offer the option to have your pictures saved to disk. Then you just download the pictures from the disk to a website or whatever works for you. I use Walmarts photo center and I love the quality and I always get a disk now.

I had my hospital tour last night. I have to say that it went quite well. My true hearts desire is to have a home birth but since hubby is totally against it, I think we have chosen a place that is truely mother friendly. Being a doula, I have served several familys in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth Texas area hospitals. Baylor Medical Center of Dallas (my hospital) seems to be one of the better choices. C-section rate isn't outrageous. They actually encourage mothers to VBAC and don't require continuous monitoring. I have mobility freedom which they encourage, I can eat and drink my choices. No IV. And after the baby is born it go's straight to me and not a table. The baby never has to leave my side if healthy if I choose for her not to leave. Which hello, is there even a question about that! The nurse that gave the tour is also a doula on the side. She was a sweetie. All in all it was a good experience and has me even more excited about giving birth and meeting our new little one soon.

Laurie, wife to James, mom to 3 girls: 8,5 & 4 and 1 handsome boy,2: planning May 2010
#147 of 147 Old 06-16-2004, 04:45 PM

TinyBabyBean,

gentlebirth.org is my midwife from california website. she was my midwife for my first 2. i have already purchased a kiddie pool for toysrus. this will be my 2nd waterbirth and maybe first unassisted. the pool i bought for $20 is also available on the birthwithlove.com site for $60 or $70. the first time i used an aquadoula.

i am not worried about a heater or anything. it seems like the one on the aquadoula didn't work that well anyways. we used the washer hookups to fill the tub and are doing it this time as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page