Mothering Forum banner

June 1st- June 14th chit chat.....wow!!!

5K views 146 replies 22 participants last post by  juju 
#1 ·
:
Here we gooooo ...into June August Mammas!

We left with:

aches and pains

staying in touch after the babies come

staying hydrated

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks, AP! You are so good at keeping us up-to-date and organized!

Well, I am starting to nest, nest, nest. I thought this morning that I'm nine weeks away this Thursday-which means I could go seven weeks from NOW! For some reason, this differential COMPLETELY freaks me out. I feel like we have sooo much to do and figure out, but I know somewhere in the back of my mind that all I need are my boobs, my bed, and some dipes. I keep reminding myself of that so I'm not so freaked out.

DH has been out of a full-time job 4months now and I have gotten used to him being here most days of the week. He IS working, doing freelance, building his business, but he is nowconsidering going back to work for a previous employer. We just don't have the consistent $$$ coming in yet to manage paying for COBRA insurance and the rest of our bills without some regular pay for awhile. It's been such a whirlwind 1st half of the year-so many worries, I'm really just hoping to get some peace of mind. And for some reason this odd feeling of "Everything WILL be okay" has suddenly entered my brain. Sorry, I know it's a bit OT, but it has all affected my pregnancy and my ups and downs this time around.

Ladies-What is UP with the lemonade fixation? I went thru this with DS#1. But that time I just made pitcher after pitcher of that Country Time mix stuff. Trader Joes has a good, tart organic kind that you lemon-lovers might like.

Ilovebeingamom-Gosh, How I miss going to the chiro. I really felt more in tune with my body than I ever did before during the times I was being seen by a chiro. I recently met a chiro who noticed that DS was wearing a cast and asked if he'd been seen by a chiro after his accident. Unfortunately, it is an expense and is NOT covered by our current Cobra insurance. But man, I can't WAIT to be able to go back.

Katje-Enjoy your birthday and that great dinner!

Christeeny-Congrats on heading into the home stretch with your undergrad work/degree. It took me 5 years to do undergrad and I didn't have a baby at that time. It is such an accomplishment-especially when you have other priorities that put everything else in perspective.

JL-How much would you charge to come here and scrub our house?
I am doing odd nesting things-cleaning cabinets, the top of the fridge, etc. All the things the new baby will need cleaned!
DH has started his nesting, too. Decided to rip up our only carpet in the whole house on the steps this weekend and plans to refinish the wood underneath. Okay, T-minus 9 weeks I keep reminding him!

Dodo-Keep drinking that H20. I've increased my intake a lot lately.

Anyway, I think I have to go have some ice cream. I really cannot believe that we are getting into our home stretch. It has WHIZZED by for me this far. Sleep well tonight, ladies!

Oh, I think I'm gonna start a thread about what everyone's sleep-arrangement plans are for #2. I'm starting to worry about the logistics of co-sleeping with a newborn and a wiley toddler.

#3 ·
thanks, ladies... i did have a lovely birthday, very relaxed and quiet. the weather was gorgeous, and we spent the hour after dinner sitting outdoors on the front steps, watching fireflies (my 16 yo ds was dancing after them like a little kid!). we've never lived in a place with fireflies before... it was so much fun!

and thanks, ap, for getting our new thread started and keeping us updated.

i'm starting to get worried about being ready for this kid, and then i have not only my homeschooler friends, but dh's lab mates, offer to throw us baby showers. what a blessing...

oh, bears... i hope your dh finds something stable in the next few weeks. you've got a great attitude... hang in there!

there must be something good in lemonade, because i'm guzzling it too. i have to fight my kids for it though, along with the popsicles, the ice cream, the oranges, etc. etc.

ha! i cleaned the top of my fridge today, too! i didn't think it was nesting, but why else would i have looked up there? yech, it needed it, too.

i'm starting another soaker... the first one was pretty big, and i really want to make SOMETHING this baby can wear once it gets here! so i'm going to try the preemie size.

i've got a midwife appointment tomorrow morning, then we go and float in a friend's pool for the afternoon. ahhh, i'm going to enjoy these long lazy days as much as i can!

hugs to you all,

katje

#5 ·
No real news, just up with insomnia, again!

DD has a dentist appt in the morning. We're hoping to get some x-rays this time. Someone suggested giving her some earphones with her favorite music playing. I'm going to try that! Hope it works.

I'm waking up with the dryest mouth in the middle of the night, and I have to get a huge glass of water. Anyone else have this problem? Ruins the "don't want to drink too much so I don't have to pee all night" theory I have. I have to drink a huge glass before I go to bed, then another one around 3:00, and if I don't have it ready and waiting, I have to get up and get it which invariably wakes me too much and I'm stuck here at the keyboard in the wee hours. Ugh!

#6 ·
Wow - I have to admit I skimmed to keep up! My family is in town before my Dad leaves so that is taking up a lot of my energy plus we are in a no sleeping round again with the kids. At least I won't be used to more than 4 hours when this kid comes.

DH is starting to recover - they think it was a reaction to something chemical - it looks like he has burns all over.

Wanted to add about VitK - I just read an article from Midwifery Today (1996) that was incredibly informative and swayed me to do it. About the eye treatment - they use the ointment and will delay it here but it is required by law if a hospital birth. My ped (switched and love them) uses my MW so that helps us when dealing with these issues.

Had my 32 week yesterday. Still pg. I need to make it to July 3 for MW to deliver at home. After that no problems. Weight is slowing down but discomfort is increasing. Getting harder to sleep at night - regardless of what the kids do.

Sorry I am not responding to more of what's going on but I have bills to pay and a weeks worth of email to return. At least you know you come first!

#7 ·
:

Caroline..I am right there with you...not insomnia, but needing a drink in the wee hours(all hours of the day too...seem very thristy all of the sudden) and then paying for it by all night with a pee a-thon that is horrible b/c if I do not get right up and go I can hardly make it to the bathroom b/c of the pressure on my bladder form my baby....:LOL

Bears I hope your dh can get a consistant $$ flow in for you. I do not think it is weird about the sudden feel of "all will be ok" even though things may be a bit off. I have got this sense of peace about our $$ troubles as well and I also get the hand on the shoulder feel of "don't worry." Higher being at work for us that is all....Praying for you....and somehow little drops of $$ keep coming in just when we need it most. Just enough not a ton but just enough.

We went to the hospital tour yesterday and wow-is this a small hospital! BUT it is sooo in line with how we want our birthing experience. The nursery is not even the size of my living room(I do not have a huge room either)! They said they do not even use it b/c all their babies room-in with the mothers. The touring nurse also kept re~itterating how non-interviening(sp?) they are during the labor and that they always put the baby on the mothers stomach and do all the checks on the baby on the mothers tummy!! Woo-Hoo!! I also have the option of being in the shower while laboring!!!
She also said you see a lot of *equipment* here in the birthing room but we really hardly ever use it. SO I feel very excited about laboring !!!!

Oh and I did I mention that I think I really only have 8 weeks left....kinda like your thoughts on the whole time frame issue Bears.....I know this one will not wait until Aug 3rd ...I think he/she will be here last week of July, just my gut talking but we shall see....

ok gtg

busy busy beaver....:LOL

#8 ·
Just got back from the dentist's office. Bonnie's tooth is fine! Woo-hoo!
The x-ray was quite the experience, she did NOT want to sit in there by herself, so she climbed up on top of me, I got draped and she wore the drape under her arms. Then she held the film in her teeth, and was very cooperative about holding her nose in just the right place so they could aim the camera at her teeth. She sat still and *beeeeeep* it was all over. I've been worried she wouldn't cooperate, but it wasn't that bad. She was all excited this morning, described what they would do, couldn't stop talking about it in the car, in the lobby, but when we went back, total shy-ville. Thankfully her root is completely intact, so that means we don't really have to worry about it until it falls out on its own. Whew!!!! I started crying when they told me that. I've been so afraid of having to put her through all these interventions, but we don't! Yay!

That's it for now. Time for us to put on suits and go swimming for the day. Get cooled off before the rain comes this afternoon. Catch you all later!

#9 ·
Hello everyone,

I had my 30 week appointment yesterday. Even though I am gaining weight (20 pounds so far!) I am measuring small for the second appointment in a row. My mw wants me to go have an ultrasound. It feels ironic, seeing how the whole world has been wondering why I didn't have one already...but I am at peace about it, just waiting for the dr's office to open so I can make the appointment.

Caroline-That is so great about your dd's teeth. Unfortunately we just went through the whole rigamarole with ds. He ended up having 2 broken teeth, which were extracted, and 2 more rotten teeth crowned. They thought they were going to have to do baby root canals, but didn't. We were relieved, but the whole thing was very traumatic, expensive, shocking, and basically against my medical beliefs.

Also, I hear you on the night waking-if I wake up, which of course, I should (to pee) at this point, I have the hardest time getting back to sleep. I have not yet succumbed to the computer. But I was awake for an hour and a half the other night mentally redecorating my mil's house!

More later, the kids are sure it's time to go to the park!

Rochelle
Mommy to Meg 5/00, Peter 6/02, #3 due 8/04

#10 ·
HI Everyone!
Rochelle, I'm a late-night "redecorator" of other people's homes too. I think about their gardens even more.

I'm up several times a night now too having to pee. We've started an awful pattern: I get up, shake out a leg cramp, go pee, accidentally wake the dog up, go back to bed, get up after listening to the dog whine for a few minutes, let the dog out and hang out in the back yard until he's done, go back to bed, and then wish, wish, wish I could go back to sleep. It really is practice for the sleepless void that will overtake us when the baby is born, isn't it?

Ketilave, what's this about DH and a chemical reaction? I must have missed something key in the posts from the last few days.

Samurai, it's absolutely wonderful that you had a good birthday. Today is my DD's birthday. She is now officially 2. This event means much more to DH and me than it does to Nellie.

AP, I hope that our hospital tour goes as well as yours!

I don't know about you all, but my belly-button is just about to pop. Does that mean that the cake is done baking?

-Leah

#11 ·
Thank you all for such good updates!

We had some really bad storms last night. A few tornados touched down within just miles from our home. I get very nervous durring bad storms like that. It was late and the power went off which meant no air conditioning and no fan. I didn't go to sleep until it came back on hours later. Ofcorse my DD and DS had no problem going to sleep. The weather men are forcasting bad storms again this evening. Something about our temps being near the hundreds and the dew point being like 40 degrees difference. I'm no weather major but I enjoy listening to the news.

DD woke up this morning with a cold I think. Her voice is real scrachy and she isn't eating much for me. So far just a low grade fever. My mom and grandmother had a cold last week. Bre wanted kisses and I think even drank after my mom a few times. Hopefully she will get rid of it soon.

I got to go to the chiro today. Horray!!! It's been 6 weeks since my last visit with her. I cracked and popped every time she touched me. Anyway, I feel better now. Since we are getting closer and closer I figure I better make the chiro a priority until the baby comes. I think she made such a difference in my DD moving down into my pelvis last time.

Lemonaid- I had a huge craving for it at the beginning of pregnancy and I still get my hubby to bring some home occationaly. If any of you have a "Burger Street" in your town they make something called 'soft frozen lemonaid' I'ts delicious! A great summer treat. My other favorite right now is frozen grapes. I eat 1/2 a pound everyday. I can't get enough of them and the plus is it's healthier than ice cream or popsicles.

Our hospital tour is scheduled for Monday June 14th. I hope it go's well. I have heard good things and read good things about this hospital. I've also served two moms that delivered there. One was a schedule c-sec and the other a VBAC. I just want to keep a positive attitude.

#12 ·
I had my 28-week appt this morning.

Baby's heartbeat is in the 130's - the slowest it's been so far. My blood pressure was 100/70 - it's been quite low all along though. Everything else was great - my belly is measuring right on target, baby's squirming around a lot, and other than some pelvic discomfort (pubic symphasis something-or-other not working right), I feel good.

My grandfather passed away on Sunday, it's been a stressful and busy week for us here. I'm exhausted.

#14 ·
Lizbear..sorry for your loss........take some time for yoruself if you can.....

#15 ·
:
Caroline good news about your dd's tooth!

Laurie I know about the storms..we have not had tornadic storms but severe enough ones to set off the alarms. Ds and I had to literally run home today from the school yard as a storm blew in fast while we were there. Good thing we only live about 4 blocks from the play yard...
My ds just had a runny nose on Monday, came down with a fever late monday night and yesterday( it broke thru the night) and is now just stuffy and runny off and on. And of course I am now stuffed up myself and full of snot once again. This is the 3rd time in this pg I think for me....LOL...oh well whatta ya gonna do....hope your dd swings through this quickly too....

How are you feeling Dodo?

Rochelle let us know how your U/S appt goes....

and Yes, ketilave, what is the chemical issue with dh all about..I missed that too....

off to search for a wool diaper....

#16 ·
Hi Ladies,

Okay, anyone else EXHAUSTED recently? Like newly-preggers exhausted? Something came over me this week and I feel like I was hit with a truck. I could barely keep my eyes open today. Reading stories to DS even in the morning and I could not keep my eyes open. I'm not sure if I remember this 2nd wind of tiredness with DS #1.

Ketilave-Hope your DH gets better FAST!I think I must have missed this-please let us know how he's doing. A little insomnia here at odd hours of the night, too.

AP-Thanks for the encouraging words, as usual
I'm sorry you've had some $$$ worries during this pregnancy, too. Somehow things are all going to work out. And we're getting some $$$ at odd times, too. Just when we need it. The universe is looking out for us!
I, too, think I won't make it to August (my EDD is 8/6). I'm thinking the last week of July-maybe even earlier. I was about 4 days late with #1-but I know that first ones are a bit different. Aren't they all? Glad to hear that your hospital is what you want. I like my hospital a lot, too. I had DS there and the staff and nurses are just amazing.

caroline-Glad to hear that Bonnie's tooth is fine. I know that feeling, that fear when you anticipate the worst for your little one. We have our first dentist visit this summer and I'm not sure how even the VISIT is going to go. DS hates docs.

rochelle-There are many reasons you could be measuring a bit small. Let us know how things go.

Foxy-DING! Yes, you are almost completely BAKED!!

Jl-Great new belly pics!!!

Liza-I'm so sorry for you loss.

Hope you are all hanging in there. Sleep well, and if you can't, think of all your MDC prego friends that are up thinking, thinking, thinking, too!

#17 ·
today my midwife was called to a birth, so my 32 week appt. was postponed. fine with me, i got a nice day to hang out with the kiddos... took ds2 to a newly renovated public pool, and he had the whole thing to himself for two hours! he was like a little otter, splashing and playing and diving. he only came out because he was hungry, else we'd be there still!

i worked on the ribbing of the new soaker while he played (bears, the pattern is from Little Turtle Knits... it's fairly easy, i'd say... i had only done one washcloth and part of a scarf before i tackled this one. i do have a book on "How To Knit," which helped with things like purling. but i DID figure it out, and i'm no rocket scientist. go visit the MDC crafts forum... there are lots of folks talking about the different patterns. i chose this one because it looked easy enough for a new knitter, but still had a finished look to it... i'm hoping the second one will be easier!).

dh gave me the camera attachment for my sidekick phone for my birthday, so we had fun playing with that today, too.

my pants and shorts are too tight now... i'm in dresses until i can find some new ones. sigh. this kid has been doing some rib-kicking, and was very active during dinner tonight... a very strange feeling while i'm trying to eat!

caroline, i've been having to drink a little cup of water once or twice a night for weeks now. i know what you mean about trying not to pee seven times a night... but i'm scared of getting too dehydrated and activating the hemorrhoids, eek! the drawback is that i MUST sleep on my left side when i get back into bed, or it just leaks back into my throat (TMI? sorry!)... i think i need to get dh to prop up the head of the bed a few inches.

jl, that lemonade treat sounds heavenly! i don't think we have that restaurant here... but i bet it's like a sorbet. i think i'm gonna check for a recipe, can't be that hard to do...

this is my first year in tornado country. we had the alarms last week, but nothing touched down near us. i looked up some footage from amateur tornado chasers from that storm, and saw that there were some wild formations up in nebraska... exciting and scary at the same time.

liza, my condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

i hope all the sick kids get better soon, and that the preggo mamas avoid infection!

katje

#18 ·
I logged on and, skimming through the messages, saw condolences for LizaBear. I thought that you had had a late pregnancy loss! I'm very glad that you didn't. I am sorry about your grandfather.

Katje, Happy Belated Birthday. How wonderful that your morning sickness finally subsided in time for your birthday feast. I think it was you who was mentioning that restless leg feeling (if not, my apologies). Anyway, I have it too.

I'm back on my feet post horrible, lingering stomach flu. I can eat again. Yesterday I even went swimming. I'm so relieved. I'm going to get a haircut, a massage and possibly a facial to shake any remaining cobwebs off (I'm starting to feel very pregnant in a not so pretty way: double chin, facial hair, the works).

Friends and neighbours have been saying that I look so much smaller than last time. Then I remind them that I have three months to go... When I tell that to children, they look very worried indeed, as in could I possibly get any bigger?

I babysat a six-year-old last night. Now I'm not so sure that a widely-spaced pregnancy would be that much easier! She required or should I say demanded a lot of attention. My two-year-old actually asked to go to bed, she was so tired out by the end of the night.

p.s. My bellybutton popped a long time ago and this baby is nowhere near ready. My linea negra is also starting to come in. So far, it's much fainter than last time.

#19 ·
I started to post a long response and my dh erased it!
So here we go again...

ditto on the lemonade thing! I am craving frozen strawberry lemonades and Odwalla lemonades!

I had my mw appt. last week and everything looked good. Nothing exciting to tell you. That is a very good thing!

Lizzbear, I also saw the sorry's and initially thought late pregnancy loss.
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather.

Dh and I are leaving for a weekend vacation tomorrow. We are flying to Wisconsin. We haven't been back there for 4 years. It should be fun. We are going to a wedding of a friend of dh's.

Gotta run for now. Sorry I can't respond to everyone's posts!

Cheryl

#20 ·
That lemonade treat sounds wonderful - but I've never even heard of "Burger Street".

I do have an ice cream maker though - I wonder if I could do something similar by putting lemonade in that ?

#21 ·
lizabear, i'm so sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers of peace and comfort are with you...

be safe on your trip naturegirl - have a great time!

i'm doing well, almost 29wks now (saturday is my wk marker) and growing daily...things that fit fine last week are WAY tight this week! it amazes me constantly this miracle of pregnancy, to know i have an entire human being inside me is incredible...remind me i said that when i'm whining about being overdue lol...my next appt is monday and i look forward to it, to talking more about the birth w/ my dr and to seeing if ian's growth spurt has slowed any! i sure hope so, i've had a 9lber already, but really don't wanna try for 10! don't guess i've got much choice in that though lol...

i'm craving seafood and melons...lemonade...each pg cravings have been so different!
i recently purchased a book called "naturally healthy pregnancy" by shonda parker...she's got an interesting dietary plan in there, i'm more of a "eat what calls ya" gal lol...although i eat pretty healthy, i can't imagine being as strict dietary-wise as her book...it has a lot of herbal/homeopathic remedies for things in it too though that i'm finding really helpful and some good bf'ing advice...
re: restless legs she recommends foods rich in folic acid (1c orange juice, 1/3 c whole grain cereal, 1/2c cooked spinach, and 1/2c cooked dry beans are what she lists)...supplement wise she says that mom's prenate shoudl contain at least 400mcg of folic acid, preferrably 800-1000mcg...hth!

my belly button has "popped" too, nowhere near done though - i know it'll stretch completely flat before it's all over from it's pokey out position now...

#22 ·
my my my how time flies.

My friend had her baby. I talked to her on the phone for a long time last night. She was induced and she pushed for 45 minutes and the doctor used the vaccume but the baby wouldn't come out, so he told her she could push on more time and if he didn't move they'd do a section. She ended up having a section because her pelvis was too small for the baby's head. When I heard this I just smiled and nodded. Now I"m like, "what?!" She said the heartrate never went down or anything like that. Isn't 45 minutes a little too soon to make that judgement??? She said she felt robbed of her labor and delivery and I feel really sorry for her for that. She is however very happy to be recovering and in love with her new baby and successfully breastfeeding. This is the same doctor who offered to induce her at 38 weeks just for convienience. This doctor is at the same clinic that I"m at and I will NOT allow him to deliver my baby if he should be on call. I have a bad opinion of him now. I love my doctor and really really hope that he's there this time.

ANYWAY....student teaching has me soooo tired and busy and I don't have much time to do much anything else. I love hearing about everybody else's cravings, aches and pains and vacations and stuff.

ta ta

Christine

#23 ·
My midwife gave me 2 months worth of free samples of a new prenatal vitamin yesterday - I started taking them this morning.

Called PregVit, it's a morning pill (with most of the vitamin content, and iron) and an evening pill (Calcium, Vit D, Vit B12 and folic acid).

Baby's heartrate seemed really low to me - 130's.

Gotta get muffins out of the oven - back later

#24 ·
liza, rest easy! normal FHT (fetal heart tones) range from 110 to 160 bpm (beats per minute). your beautiful baby is smack-dab in the middle average!

hey, dodo, look what i found about restless legs (from ivillage):

Late in pregnancy it's not uncommon to develop a strange jittery or crawling sensation in your legs, rather like having an electric current running through them.

This is known as Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS).

RLS occurs mostly in the early evening and can make relaxation and even sleep difficult, since it produces an irresistible urge to move around. The condition is not dangerous, however, and usually disappears after birth.

According to the latest data, restless legs are much more common than previously thought. Some researchers estimate that as many as 1 in 10 of us may suffer in varying degrees from this condition. You don't have to be pregnant to have RLS, but pregnancy does seem to bring it on or aggravate an existing condition.

Conventional drugs used to treat restless legs are similar to those given to patients with Parkinson's disease, and are not appropriate for the transient RLS that often occurs in pregnancy. It's worth considering some of the safer alternatives.

There are several contributory factors to this condition.

*RLS may run in families
*Low blood sugar is a common cause (RLS is common in diabetics and those suffering from hypoglycaemia)
*Too much caffeine
*Over indulgence in alcohol.

Low levels or iron and magnesium can also contribute, so make sure you eat plenty of iron rich foods, such as eggs, dark green vegetables, dried peaches and raisins, red meat, nuts and seeds, beans, asparagus, molasses and oatmeal.

Adequate levels of folic acid (as part of B-complex) may help, since the RLS (as well as leg cramps) is thought to be related to a deficiency in folate. You could also try increasing your intake of Vitamin E. There is evidence to show that doses of around 300 iu daily can be effective in treating restless legs.

To keep your energy levels high try, decreasing your intake of tea and coffee and opt instead for water and herbal teas. A varied wholefood diet will help to provide a steady flow of energy and keep your blood sugar levels even. Regular exercise can also help alleviate the condition. A warm bath, strategically applied heating pads, hot water bottles or gentle leg massage before bed, perhaps with warming sandalwood massage oil, can also ease symptoms.

(end excerpt from ivillage)... well, i know it's not caffeine or alcohol!

my kids are all out visiting friends, and staying up late for the new harry potter movie. not me! maybe i'll catch a matinee next week...

take care, everyone!

katje

#25 ·
The soft frozen lemonaid from burger street seems just like a slushy. Really finely crushed ice and sweet lemonaid mixed together. Seems simple enough, but when I have tried to make it, mine seemed watered down a bit, and theres is not at all. Maybe some of you will have better luck. If you do, let me know your recipe!

Who made the homemaid tortillas? I remember wanting to write down the recipe and cooking instructions but never did. I would love it if you would share it again.

Thank you everyone for your quick recovery vibes for my DD's cold. She woke up this morning and her voice seemed to be back to normal. She ate like a horse for lunch and hasn't showed any signs of a fever today. I'd say that was quick. I give her chewable vit. C regularly. She thinks it's candy even though I always tell her it's her vitamin and that only mommy can give it to her.
Nothing new to report here. I have been very conscious of my posture, and sitting and sleeping positions. I have been so paranoid about baby's position this pregnancy. I think maybe because the last three clients that I served had there baby's turn to breech late in pregnancy. I totally think she's head down and has been for a while now. I have been feeling a pinchy twinge today and occational throbbing pressure in the vaginal area. I think I am feeling her butt about an inch above my belly button and each foot near my ribs. I love gently poking around on my tummy and making her perform. I'ts also fun trying to figure out which body part I am feeling. I am actually feeling kinda sad that this pregnancy is almost over. And according to my hubby it very well could be our last. Before we got married he wanted 5 kids. Now that he is 30 he has changed his mind and said that 2 is just fine. Although i am gratefull just to have children at all, I am a little disapointed in his change of heart. I am sure my current emotional state has nothing to do with it.

Well, it looks like we get a night off from the storms but are expecting them to return tomorrow evening. I hope you all are having beautiful weather where you are! Have a nice evening ladies.

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamuraiEarthMama
liza, rest easy! normal FHT (fetal heart tones) range from 110 to 160 bpm (beats per minute). your beautiful baby is smack-dab in the middle average!
Thank you katje !

The only reason the heart rate seems low to me is that to this point Li'l Bug has been ranging around 140-150 bpm when it's been checked.

Bug was probably dozing I bet - took my mw about 0.3 seconds to find the heartbeat this time, and Bug wasn't giving the doppler the boot either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.